More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 22:56:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1733923 times)
Chocolate Milk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #1375 on: 2009 September 16, 01:38:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm guessing this is a stupid EA thing, but has anyone else noticed that on the family tree, if a Sim's parents aren't married, or don't live together when they're born, they have no father? I have a sim with no father. And he didn't recognize him as his father when he met him, either. Is there any way you could make it so the sim's father shows up, whether or not the parents are married or live together?

Actually, this shouldn't happen. I'm experiencing this too lately, and not just with parents who don't live together or aren't married.

For reference, I'm still using ISM with the AM core, but this has never happened before a couple of days ago (whether parents were unmarried or living together or not), and I've had a lot of kids in my game. (This could be still an issue with ISM of course; I'm switching to AM story mode when I get my computer back, so I guess I'll see if it still happens then.)

Basically, my system is to get family members married with a baby on the way (using regular old "try for baby" interactions) before they move out of the house. All good. Now suddenly, whenever I move them out, a couple of days later a baby is born, but fatherless? I'm having to switch to that household and use the debug interactions so the father can adopt the kid. It's not really a huge deal, but it's a bit of a pain.
Kitbug
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: 2009 September 16, 01:59:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm, now that you mention it, I'm having another problem... One of my sims (married, lives with his wife), originally was the father of his baby. I go back to play them at a later time, she's no longer his daughter?

Oh, also, out of curiosity, how do  you give your sim the pedophile trait? o.o
« Last Edit: 2009 September 16, 03:53:05 by Kitbug » Logged
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: 2009 September 16, 08:26:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed that in the vanilla game, if you make the mother move house whilst pregnant, the baby ends up with no father. Regardless of whether the parents live together or not. Could that be the cause of your single parent children?
Kitbug
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: 2009 September 16, 08:33:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed that in the vanilla game, if you make the mother move house whilst pregnant, the baby ends up with no father. Regardless of whether the parents live together or not. Could that be the cause of your single parent children?

It could be the cause of one of them--I don't remember if I got her pregnant before or after she moved. The other one it's not. The male sim has lived in the same house his entire life--everyone else either died or moved, so his wife moved in with him. It wasn't of my doing either, so I doubt she was pregnant before she moved in.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1379 on: 2009 September 16, 08:51:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New version just gone up this minute.  Includes the marriage renaming fix.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1380 on: 2009 September 16, 09:03:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This has to do with a particularly stupid way that the game records the father. If you do anything to deinstantiate the father while the preganncy is in progress, the information is destroyed. This includes, say, yanking them out in Edit Town. Don't do that. It SHOULD be safe to move IN-GAME, but do not attempt to edit town move them.

As for how to fix it? The SMART thing would have been to link it to the simdescriptor, but EA is stupid. Changing this is tricky and may radically alter how the game records data, rendering saves incompatible.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Chocolate Milk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: 2009 September 16, 09:23:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It SHOULD be safe to move IN-GAME, but do not attempt to edit town move them.

Ah! No wonder I've only just noticed. Yeah, 'split household' causes problems, but normal moving out does not. Good to know.
Lorea
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: 2009 September 16, 14:15:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can I delete somehow a Lifetime reward?

?
mrclopes
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: 2009 September 16, 15:35:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone know if the NPCWorkUniformRemovalChance works? Because I set it to 0, and they still change to their everyday outfit.
mrclopes
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: 2009 September 16, 15:41:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can I delete somehow a Lifetime reward?

?

I think he wants to delete the perks adquired with lifetime points.
Download the NRass Supercomputer, then you can change a Sim traits, where you can also remove/add most lifetime reward perks.
Using "droptrait Slacker" might work too.
Lorea
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: 2009 September 16, 20:15:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think he wants to delete the perks adquired with lifetime points.
Download the NRass Supercomputer, then you can change a Sim traits, where you can also remove/add most lifetime reward perks.
Using "droptrait Slacker" might work too.

That "he" is me.Smiley
I asked the question.
I have NRaas Supercomputer but I can't add/remove lifetime rewards. Is it in the newest one?

Edit: I found it. Yes, it's in the newest one. But it says: "Traits \ Clean : Wipes out all traits and lifetime rewards for the specified sim.  Use at your own risk." So that clears all the lifetime rewards and traits..
« Last Edit: 2009 September 16, 20:51:21 by Lorea » Logged
brokencd
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: 2009 September 16, 20:43:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not that I am pushing, but, when will we be able to make same sex test tube babies?
byronh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: 2009 September 17, 04:10:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not that I am pushing, but, when will we be able to make same sex test tube babies?

You already can. Download the NRaas pollinator. Or you can get one of the many same sex pregnancy/try for baby mods (but those aren't compatible with Awesomemod).
varmint
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: 2009 September 17, 04:22:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You already can. Download the NRaas pollinator. Or you can get one of the many same sex pregnancy/try for baby mods (but those aren't compatible with Awesomemod).

Yep, from a story-telling perspective, it's not quite as cool as ordering up a genetically legitimate larvae from the science lab, but the NRaas pollinator has allowed my gay couples to keep up with the breeders in popping out spawn. There are also some male maternity meshes (from Cmar) over in the pudding factory you can grab as well, if you don't want your man-mommy to run around without a torso for 3 days.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: 2009 September 17, 06:31:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone know if the NPCWorkUniformRemovalChance works? Because I set it to 0, and they still change to their everyday outfit.
Will be fixed in next version.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lorea
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: 2009 September 17, 16:10:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How can I change an existing sim's fatness and fitness?
I use Indie Stone, but only that one option seems to don't work anymore.
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: 2009 September 18, 07:55:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have tested last version(16.09) for 24 hours now and everything is working feilfree. I had a couple of Flagrant Errors but it was my plein fault. I placed Easels in community lots and this can definitively NOT be done. It seems that objects that require intensive inputs/outputs for individual results, cause massive errors in the system. I'm still playing my same half-condemned hood and it is being recovered with actions that could be more considered as voodoos, once I cannot explain them logically by now. Have been receiving some links to some private analysis from different sources and I don't even know how they got to me. It sounded as they consider me as a sort of private programmer, what I'm not, but I'm not so stupid and can understand some of them and in a certain degree, even agree with them.  Everything here is looking like a very bad coding in TS3, what comes to illiterate conclusions that there are memory leaks and it is the only reason for the abnormous saving time we get after some playing. My tests show that there's something wrong with the different aging available. Accidentally I found out that reducing the time Sims are allowed to live (changing to shorter aging) recovers the initial save time of about 35 to 60 seconds. I thought there would be something to do with sims get elder and die and would open some more space for new born sims, but NO, the simple fact of changing the aging lenght reduces dramatically the saving time. It sounds like sims are programmed somehow like insects (be born, reproduce and die) and the shortest they are allowed to live, the best is the game flow. Using long aging seems to be causing a sort of paradox.
So far, for my personal game-play, AM reached already the perfect point. Of course many other players will still get problems that will never affect me (gays reproduction, teens intercourses, masse murders, pedos, etc) and so, I consider the last version as the ideal version for myself. Of course new additions in terms of better game flow will be welcome, but it seems to me that the correction for the problem, me and many others are having, lays simply in EA's better choise of game coders.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: 2009 September 18, 09:40:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I ran my save file through s3rc and it dropped from 54MB to 28MB. Thumbnails were regenerated pretty quickly. Autosave0 kicked in but wasn't any quicker at 4.75 minutes. It is 46.5MB.

I played through a sim day, with some playing and some building. When I held a birthday party, the game froze, so I'll have to reload and try again..

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: 2009 September 18, 11:00:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far, as soon as the game start to save at a delay of 3 minutes, I drop the aging lenght to 50 days (normally I play the next higher). For many that wouldn't agree (sims age faster and you get a real bunch of elders) it is a relief that they don't have to die immediately. There's something that puts the game back to normal after some minutes. But this is individual and will depend mainly on how you play. I don't give any more a dam for the sims die or not. I made a library save on my favourite sims where they are all sufficiently skilled and average employed, so that I do not have to start with blank ark all over again. If a sim die, I place it back, that's simple. I just change their names and chase their daughters and sons, to marry them in the family again and reproduce the same genes. It is massive incest, I know. But they don't know, the game either.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: 2009 September 18, 11:06:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think if you're playing a style that causes a LOT of thumbnails to generate, this will happen. We need to find something to disable the root culprit of long save times, namely, the compression. However, this appears to be below the script modding engine, and thus cannot be done from here.

rocky
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1395 on: 2009 September 19, 15:01:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi I have a problem...some days ago I downloaded the Awesome mod and then I configured it using the Configuration Tool; then I put the file in the same folder where Awesome was, but when I start the game it's configured as default and the things that I had enabled (like the TS2 aging) were still disabled!
I can't understand why! I have also erased the files in the folder Documents/EA/TS3...

The Awesomemod works, but my configuration is not there!!

Can someone help me? please..

(I'm sorry for my english, but I'm italian..)
« Last Edit: 2009 September 20, 10:19:21 by rocky » Logged

edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: 2009 September 20, 14:59:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think if you're playing a style that causes a LOT of thumbnails to generate, this will happen. We need to find something to disable the root culprit of long save times, namely, the compression. However, this appears to be below the script modding engine, and thus cannot be done from here.

I tried to explain what happens when you drop the the aging lenght, but it seemed unproper in this section so I posted in another section - and reached the main AH board.
Actually the main trouble in TS3 is exactly the long save time, all the other problems are solvable. I have been playing a completely comdemned hood for very long and it still possible to continue playing. It is just that the fun falls out.
I do play a style that causes a lot of thumbnails to generate (I recolor almost everything in game), but it takes only some seconds to regenerate. I just wait some seconds before I start playing and everything is OK. So, I don't believe that this can be the reason for the long save times. As said, I played with the shortest aging and definitively I didn't have problems with long save.
Besides the long save, there's a second problem when Windows cannot close TS3, and it can take up to 25 minutes (real time). I started to save the game and shut down the computer directly in the main switch. Then Windows closes TS3 immediately, as if it was not even running. Nothing is lost and next time I start the game, it launches without any problem and also play and save normally. I also believe that the problem is beyond what can be done here.
rocky
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: 2009 September 20, 17:55:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry...is there a way to change the configuration of the Awesome mod instead of using the Configuration Tool?? The file who it generates doesn't work and I'm not able to change the configuration...I don't know why..! How can I solve??

funkilla
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: 2009 September 20, 17:59:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you installing the config file in the same place as AM?

On another note, was the Select Sim removed from the Ctrl-Click with the latest-latest? I've only got SC and other macros associated with Ctrl-Click, but no Select Sim.
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: 2009 September 20, 18:13:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm trying to include a simple screen dump of my saves folder. You can now see what I consider difficult to understand. SunsetNewStart is the same hood as SunnysideFreeFall5, only that "destroyallhumans" was used in the first one. So, SunsetNewStart have only houses. There's almost no difference on the size of each hood. FreeFall5 has 137 playable sims and takes about 3 minutes to save in 90 days aging, 49 seconds in 25 days aging.  NewStart, with only houses, takes 16 seconds to save. The other hoods, as obvious, are completely empty, no sims, no houses and take 8 seconds to save. My computer fails at about 40MB hood, but ignores the limit when aging is very short.
On the other hand, no matter how long saves take, windows cannot close TS3 hoods if they are bigger than 40MB, no problem if they are about the half (around 20MB).
Oh yes, I'm very concerned about save time. It is the only problem I have and I sure don't like it.

Sorry I had to compress the small jpg cause it was not accepted.

* Untitled-1.rar (49.47 KB - downloaded 240 times.)
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: