More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:08:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1722533 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #1275 on: 2009 August 31, 08:59:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, that is the build mode drag arrow. Also, you suck as a builder.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: 2009 August 31, 09:04:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That green arrow has been showing up for me in live mode at random times since the 1.3 patch (vanilla game). If you go into buy mode and back into live mode it gets rid of that.
ShmapnShmazz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: 2009 August 31, 09:10:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, okay, but its showing up in live mode which is annoying. Also, this is one of the riverview houses. I didn't build it. This guy is one of my "I'm not aloud to cheat" guys.
cwurts
Retarded Reprobate

Oona Klostermann for senate.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1278 on: 2009 August 31, 18:34:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I need help!  I seem to have lost my Supreme Commander functioning.  The sims I am currently using it on still have it, but once I remove Supreme Commander from a sim, it is no longer available to that sim.  Isn't it normally under Ctrl-click?  All I'm getting now with Ctrl-click is "change outfit".  Is there a known solution to this?

Join the Oona Klostermann High Society Club
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: 2009 August 31, 18:50:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Supreme Commander declared "mostly safe", or at least not worse than everything, and radar/command options now publicly available

OK, anyone know how to find these options to turn the purple radars off?

I've tried the wikka, the rtfm, and I even typed in radar off, only for the cheat console to deny me   with a error message of some sort Grin Angry

Or is there another way to switch supreme commander off completely?
I just need those radars to go away like the good old days...
kimmyfrmtx
Asinine Airhead

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: 2009 August 31, 19:02:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The purple is for abandon vehicles, I have not seen a way to turn it off.  It is there for your protection since those vehicles seem to cause problems if not removed.  Try typing towderelicts in the cheat window to remove them.  Try searching on purple, there are mentions of it all over the place.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 31, 19:09:16 by kimmyfrmtx » Logged

STFU already NoobTard, you are disturbing my lurking.

Then and than are different words with different meanings; look up the correct usage.  I am running out of furniture polish.  [slams head on desk]
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: 2009 August 31, 19:30:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The purple is for abandon vehicles, I have not seen a way to turn it off.  It is there for your protection since those vehicles seem to cause problems if not removed.  Try typing towderelicts in the cheat window to remove them.  Try searching on purple, there are mentions of it all over the place.
They are decorative vehicles, they are supposed to be there.
Cocomama
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: 2009 August 31, 20:44:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want decorative cars, you will need to make an new decorative meshobject that looks like a car.

To get rid of all the purple vehicle icons you also can use the fixall command in Edit Town view, that worked great in my game.
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: 2009 August 31, 22:07:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Its ok I got round it by placing parking strips.
jtrazz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: 2009 August 31, 22:20:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just got a new hard drive and I had to reload everything onto my computer, including TS3. I had the older version of AM that someone posted on here because the newer one caused my game to crash when I loaded a lot. I can't find the older version anymore. I went back to the post, but the older version isn't on there anymore. Could someone post a link to it or tell me how to stop my game from crashing?
Wolfeyes
Furry Yifftard
Retardo Lander

INFJ - 7, Very "F"

View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: 2009 September 01, 05:04:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just want to say a BIG thanks to all who are working on AM's Storymode... as today, it threw me a cool surprise when my celebrity sim, Zac Efron, who is set-up to be one of RV's hottest bachelors with Flirty, Charismatic, Great Kisser, Friendly, and a few other traits but NOT Hopeless Romantic, Family Oriented or Commitment Issues... asked an EAxis woman to "Break Up" with her hubby autonomously... very N.I.C.E. !  And not what I really wanted him to be doing but if he ends up asking every woman he woohoos with to do this everytime, my 'hood should have a lot of broken hearted husbands which could be really funny !   Grin

Great job so far everyone and can't wait to see what will happen in the future of the game w/more development and elements added...  Brava !   Cool

"Life is not about surviving the storms but rather how to dance in the rain" ~

Luther Vandross ~ Forever, For Always, For Love ~ 2005

Genius - Flirty - Friendly - Good Sense of Humor - Great Kisser ~
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: 2009 September 01, 05:45:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am pretty sure you are imagining that, because that action is very firmly flagged non-autonomous.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
byronh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: 2009 September 01, 05:49:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got a few questions of my own, apologies if they have already been asked before, but I haven't found exactly what I was looking for through search.

How come children still have a maximum of 3 traits even when using the "addtrait" function? Wasn't the purpose of this function to override the limit?

And about Awesome story progression:
-Does the frequency of story events scale with the lifespan you choose for your Sims?
-What measures does Awesomemod have in place for reducing the population? My neighborhood is having alot of pollinations so the population is getting so huge that it's starting to slow down my game. Of course I could just evict a few families, but I'm wondering how this functions from the bottom-up idea.
-Is there anything that causes new families to move in? (I already know the homeless families can buy a house if they get enough money, but I'm talking about families generated by the game or imported from the bin). If so, what are the specific conditions/causes?
-So with all of this information, would it be viable to start a neighborhood with only about 5 or 6 families and have it grow from there, or will new families never move in and everyone will be forced to be inbreeders?

Edit: Searched a bit more and got a partial answer. Still not completely satisfied though.
« Last Edit: 2009 September 01, 06:03:24 by byronh » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: 2009 September 01, 06:03:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How come children still have a maximum of 3 traits even when using the "addtrait" function? Wasn't the purpose of this function to override the limit?
The reason non-adults have this limit is because if you exceed it, the interface breaks when they age up and are allowed to pick another trait.

And about Awesome story progression:
-Does the frequency of story events scale with the lifespan you choose for your Sims?
No. The frequency of events is fixed, but as the age of sims is not fixed, but as there are no "magic" events, the storymode sims cannot outrun your own sims this way, and will simply deplete the event pool and go into a sort of passive mode until something can happen again.

-What measures does Awesomemod have in place for reducing the population? My neighborhood is having alot of pollinations so the population is getting so huge that it's starting to slow down my game. Of course I could just evict a few families, but I'm wondering how this functions from the bottom-up idea.
CRTL-Shift-C, type "therapture".

-Is there anything that causes new families to move in? (I already know the homeless families can buy a house if they get enough money, but I'm talking about families generated by the game or imported from the bin). If so, what are the specific conditions/causes?
AwesomeMod does not presently include any mechanism to force the neighborhood to populate itself. However, the EA job system will automatically generate sims to fill coworker and boss positions when you request them, and these sims will then join the neighborhood population.

-So with all of this information, would it be viable to start a neighborhood with only about 5 or 6 families and have it grow from there, or will new families never move in and everyone will be forced to be inbreeders?
AwesomeMod isn't really intended to generate neighborhood populations ex nihilo. It isn't even designed to maintain stability. It is designed to make sims live out a basic semblance of life that is coherent and matches their actual desires and goals. If these goals ultimately prove detrimental to the long-term survival of the community, that's just too bad for the community. In real life, towns die out all the time. If you start out with a wiped out town already, which is not a normal state of gameplay, you are going to be expected to manually populate the town yourself if you want to see action taking off. That *IS* why you wiped out the town, yes? We may look into the concept of an autopopulator at a later date, so users can generate a random prepopulated town on the spot, but without the ability to determine exactly HOW MANY sims a given computer can handle, it would be unwise to intentionally choke a low-spec player's computer to the point of unplayability just to populate the town to some arbitrary level.

Wolfeyes
Furry Yifftard
Retardo Lander

INFJ - 7, Very "F"

View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: 2009 September 01, 06:05:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am pretty sure you are imagining that, because that action is very firmly flagged non-autonomous.

Well, that may be and I don't doubt you but I am very careful in clicking on social interaction trees and I am certain that I did not initiate this action... and that's why it was such a surprise.  But w/e it's all good and a LOT of fun!   Cheesy

"Life is not about surviving the storms but rather how to dance in the rain" ~

Luther Vandross ~ Forever, For Always, For Love ~ 2005

Genius - Flirty - Friendly - Good Sense of Humor - Great Kisser ~
ShmapnShmazz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1290 on: 2009 September 01, 06:12:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just got a new hard drive and I had to reload everything onto my computer, including TS3. I had the older version of AM that someone posted on here because the newer one caused my game to crash when I loaded a lot. I can't find the older version anymore. I went back to the post, but the older version isn't on there anymore. Could someone post a link to it or tell me how to stop my game from crashing?
All your questions are answered here.
jtrazz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: 2009 September 01, 16:42:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I couldn't find an older version, but my game stopped crashing. I deleted the AwesomeMod from my mods/packages folder so I could play the game, and it works now, but the AwesomeMod is still installed. Obviously this isn't a problem because I can play and I still have AM, but I was just wondering why that is. If I really did want to uninstall the AM, how would I do it? I installed with the Helper Monkey, so would I have to delete it from the program files?

Also, this may be an extremely stupid question, but I am confused about something. On the AM story mode features, it says, "This feature will do nothing if you do not have the ISM driver installed."
What is the ISM driver? I guessed that it is the Indie-Stone Mod, but that doesn't work with the newest patches and I don't have it. Does that mean that none of the story mode features work on my game at all?
twoftmama
Blathering Buffoon

Domestic Goddess

View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: 2009 September 02, 01:47:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To uninstall AM, you delete the Awesomemod.package and the Aweconfig.package from your Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Packages folder. If you did that, and it's still in your game, then it's installed elsewhere in your Mods/Packages folder as well. The Monkey Installer makes additional folders in the Package folder, check those.

On the AM story mode features, it says, "This feature will do nothing if you do not have the ISM driver installed."

If you have ISM installed in your game, then you would enable this to use ISM. If you don't have ISM, then having it enabled does nothing. You can use Awesome Story Mode by enabling it right above the ISM on the config page. Awesome Story Mode is included in AM.

If the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left handed people are in their right mind.

TFM'S Naughty Sims Asylum
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1293 on: 2009 September 02, 11:02:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can I just confirm that under AM story mode, when Sims move house they buy the most expensive house they can afford that fits their needs?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
jtrazz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: 2009 September 02, 14:54:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So without ISM installed, none of the story mode features will work? Because that's what it says here: http://alpha.moreawesomethanyou.com/ts3/awesome/rtfm.txt

For example, on the EA story mode features:
6.  No One Gets Out Alive [Optional - Default: Enabled]
     Sim households are not permitted to simply "move out" of the neighborhood,
     destroying the sims you probably created at random.

will this still work if I don't have ISM?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: 2009 September 02, 14:57:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those features control EA story mode. EA storymode is used if you are not using any other storymode drivers, such as ISM or the optional story driver included in AwesomeMod. Because EA storymode is made of fail, no quality assurance will be provided if it constantly does stupid shit.

jtrazz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: 2009 September 02, 18:23:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you, and you're right. EA story mode is made of fail. People keep moving even after I disabled story mode!
gtachampion
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: 2009 September 02, 18:34:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay I'm going to risk being sent to Retardo Land which is where I thought of posting this but was afraid no one would answer.

I have decided to try using Awesome Story Mode but have a few questions.

1. What exactly does "nuke" do? Kill everyone? Clear junk?

2. Is there anywhere that explains how Supreme Commander works?

3. What does therapture do exactly?

I have searched for these and found many discussions about them but no real explanation or answer. I appreciate any "awesome" help I can get. Undecided

The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese.
gtachampion
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: 2009 September 02, 19:29:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you play TS2? It's Macrotastics.

Yes I have played all the Sim games but I never used (nor heard of) Macrotastics. I guess I understand what it will do. Is it true what I read that if you turn SC on, it can't be turned off?

delete every single Sim except the ones marked as chosen.

Is chosen the same as sacred?

The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese.
mhavril
Asinine Airhead

I told you so.

View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: 2009 September 02, 20:21:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a way to enable romantic interactions between fambly members?

You see, I'm usually not a supporter of incest, but when I first found that the Broke fambly had carried over to The Sims 3 and that there were cousins, I thought that it would be all too appropriate for Ruby and Trigger to have a child and be forced into a shotgun wedding, ultimately fulfilling their trailer trash destiny.

Thanks!
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: