More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 04:40:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1732588 times)
Steele
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #1250 on: 2009 August 28, 05:36:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado & kimmyfrmtx,

Thanks very much for the clarification.
RavenKay
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: 2009 August 28, 15:15:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed the section in the Auto Config for the names. What is this? Thank you in advance for info.
cassblonde
Exasperating Eyesore

Lazy Lurker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1252 on: 2009 August 28, 16:01:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed the section in the Auto Config for the names. What is this? Thank you in advance for info.

As far as I've been able to gather(being un-awesome and all). The new config setting is for those people that want to replace the default EA name files in the game with files that make sense. I have a mod that is supposed to change the names but I still ended up with a guy named Courtney so I'm not totally sure that it works.

At this point I am "Cool, now tell me where to get the STBL files and what the hell to do with them to fix the name thing." Otherwise I've got nothing.

I'm an apathetic sociopath, I'd kill you if I cared.
moondance
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: 2009 August 28, 17:15:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a mod that is supposed to change the names but I still ended up with a guy named Courtney so I'm not totally sure that it works.

Courtney can be either male or female. It's one of many names that were simply surnames, occasionally given to boys in honor of their mothers' maiden names, and then became "trendy" as female names in the 1960's and '70's.
ediblebodyparts
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: 2009 August 28, 18:38:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am also curious about how to enter the name files in the Auto Config. I made my own replacements, but am not entirely sure how to add them in to AwesomeMod. In other words, I do not understand what the Auto Config is asking for. Also, I have all 3 (male/female/last names) combined into one STBL so I was wondering if I needed to change that. If anyone could help, that would be great. Thanks!
Darksmurf
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: 2009 August 28, 19:39:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From what I know, All it adds is a fix to babies being born with duplicate names as stated. I doubt he's editing the names himself but just editing the function of it.
chann
Corpulent Cretin

TS3: an "eye-opening tour de farce" (sic)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1256 on: 2009 August 29, 00:01:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The space in the config is for you to enter a key or String ID. Whatever you enter will be the "prefix" that AM will use to load the names. For instance if you enter a generator key like "MyNames" in the MaleNameGeneratorKey box in the config the game will use the names with a key of "MyNames/MaleName:Name#" in the STBL (hashed, of course).

I am also curious about how to enter the name files in the Auto Config. I made my own replacements, but am not entirely sure how to add them in to AwesomeMod. In other words, I do not understand what the Auto Config is asking for. Also, I have all 3 (male/female/last names) combined into one STBL so I was wondering if I needed to change that. If anyone could help, that would be great. Thanks!

I'm sure they would work as one STBL as long as the different names were set to the appropriate keys.
ediblebodyparts
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: 2009 August 29, 00:50:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The space in the config is for you to enter a key or String ID. Whatever you enter will be the "prefix" that AM will use to load the names. For instance if you enter a generator key like "MyNames" in the MaleNameGeneratorKey box in the config the game will use the names with a key of "MyNames/MaleName:Name#" in the STBL (hashed, of course).

I'm sorry, but I still don't understand. I had made a new names mod based on steps provided by another person. I turned the STBL to a .package (again following the directions) and was using it successfully in my game, however, with this addition to AwesomeMod, it seemed like I should integrate it. I honestly don't know much about modding, and this names mod was my first attempt. If the .package file will still work, I would like to use that. However if it won't, could someone please provide additional steps/clarification? I would genuinely like to understand this process better.
chann
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1258 on: 2009 August 29, 00:55:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This isn't really the place to be explaining the whole process. I recommend you try Tiger's STBL editor on MTS. You should be able to open the STBL in that. All you need to do is change the keys so they follow the pattern I mentioned.
ediblebodyparts
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: 2009 August 29, 01:22:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for the help.

Just realized that it was probably your directions that I followed from you making your own Better Names mod over at MTS... could be wrong, but if I'm right, thanks again.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 29, 04:58:25 by ediblebodyparts » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1260 on: 2009 August 29, 06:37:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is correct. The male/female/lastname "keys" may all be the same, or they may all be different, if you happen to be using, at any given time, sets constructed seperately or from different sources. The "default" EA set is "Gameplay/SimNames" for all 3, so those would be using "Gameplay/SimNames/MaleName:Name#", "Gameplay/SimNames/FemaleName:Name#", etc. You can build a namelist using any of the available STBL builders, or I will, at some point when I get around to it, create a simple crappy DOS utility to convert a simple NOTEPAD list into a nametable.

I am also curious about how to enter the name files in the Auto Config. I made my own replacements, but am not entirely sure how to add them in to AwesomeMod. In other words, I do not understand what the Auto Config is asking for.
The AutoConfig is simply asking you to input the core names. If you overrode and replaced the original EA STBL to generate yours, then this method is useless to you. But if you created a new STBL of, say, "EdibleNames/MaleName:Name#", "EdibleNames/FemaleName:Name#", then you would fill in "EdibleNames" (case insensitive) into the entry.

Also, I have all 3 (male/female/last names) combined into one STBL so I was wondering if I needed to change that. If anyone could help, that would be great. Thanks!
Nope, not a problem. The actual distribution of the STBLs is transparent to the engine, so it doesn't matter whether you made each individual name its own STBL, jammed them into the same STBL, or are even using some really WEIRD thing. In fact, the default value of "Gameplay/SimNames" for the standard EAxian names already is in a single STBL.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
cwurts
Retarded Reprobate

Oona Klostermann for senate.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1261 on: 2009 August 30, 00:10:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been thinking about using Supreme Commander, but have a few questions:

1) Does the "Random Crap" option give you EA autonomy after "Power Idle" OR "Critical Only"?

2) Do the "Work & School" and other skill options take effect immediately OR after "Power Idle/Critical Only" tasks are done?

Edit:

3) Also, if I choose a skill option, does that mean that the sim will not do anything other than work on that one skill?  Same for Work and School?
« Last Edit: 2009 August 30, 00:25:13 by cwurts » Logged

Join the Oona Klostermann High Society Club
Darksmurf
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: 2009 August 30, 00:58:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been thinking about using Supreme Commander, but have a few questions:

1) Does the "Random Crap" option give you EA autonomy after "Power Idle" OR "Critical Only"?

2) Do the "Work & School" and other skill options take effect immediately OR after "Power Idle/Critical Only" tasks are done?

Edit:

3) Also, if I choose a skill option, does that mean that the sim will not do anything other than work on that one skill?  Same for Work and School?
1)Don't know/care

2)Same as above

3)I think they do that and take care of their basic motives so they'll play guitar all day,do homework  then eat,shit,shower,and sleep
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: 2009 August 30, 02:28:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All Supreme Commander tasks other than Critical Only will maintain all motives in addition to doing the assigned task. Random Only, therefore, will make sure your sim's motives are adequately green before running an EAxian autonomy pass, meaning they will make sure everything is taken care of before they do some random thing. The entire point of the Supreme Commander tasks is that you can order a high-level directive without concerning yourself with the tiresome minutiae of making them eat, sleep, and pee: They handle that automatically and then return to doing what it is you told them to do rather than stopping and whining.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
cwurts
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1264 on: 2009 August 30, 05:25:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am now using Supreme Commander for all 89 sims in my neighbourhood, and I am getting serious lagging.  Sims will stop in mid-stride, and stay frozen for 10 minutes; then walk for 10, and freeze again for 10.  Nick Alto was standing at his front door. Vita was with him.  This was 7:01 am.  Nick had to pee, while Vita made herself some juice to drink.  Nick finished using the toilet at 8:30.  So I sent him to work (for 8:00), and it was Vita's turn to pee.  Eventually my game crashed - just as Nick's car stopped in front of Doo Peas.  My game has never ever crashed on me before - this must be some serious lag.

I suppose it's not meant to be used on 89 sims?  Is there a way around this, or do I have to accept that it can only be used on a small fraction of my neighbourhood at a time.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: 2009 August 30, 05:31:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, it's definitely not meant to run on 90 sims at once. Not unless you have MOAR COMPUTAR!

Alatien
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: 2009 August 30, 15:38:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, I'm being more unawesome than ever, I usually manage to solve stuff by searching, but I don't know what to search for anymore. I keep coming up blank. I've just got a new computer, with Vista 64-bit. My game is working fine, the latest patch fine... so I tried installing the framework using Delphy's installer and then added Awesomemod and deleted the scriptcache, but the game just ignores the mod, as if it's not even there, what the heck am I doing wrong? I read through several threads on issues, but everyone seems to have got it to work at least!
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: 2009 August 30, 15:51:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Alatien: In the first place, I believe that the Install Monkey includes the Install Framework so you do not need both. I believe the instructions on the AM download page say to use the Framework OR use Delphy's installer. And what do you mean when you say you "added awesomemod"? Did you just double click on the file? Did you get a message saying it installed successfully?

If it didn't, and you want to know how to install AM manually, see the Access Denied thread that I just responded to, since it explains where to put the AM file on computers using Vista if you can't get the Install Monkey to do it's thing. I have 32 bit not 64 but I don't think this will affect the file structure; someone more awesome than me might be able to help if it does.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: 2009 August 30, 16:21:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

or I will, at some point when I get around to it, create a simple crappy DOS utility to convert a simple NOTEPAD list into a nametable.

Chann already has a utility to convert a simple comma delimited csv file to a string table or vice versa:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=360093

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: 2009 August 30, 16:46:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can anyone else confirm that disabling TrackAllMovingCars on the aweconf screen doesn't work?
The icons still show up in hood view.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: 2009 August 30, 17:27:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can anyone else confirm that disabling TrackAllMovingCars on the aweconf screen doesn't work?
It works. Track All Moving Cars off doesn't mean that cars WON'T be tracked: Any stray vehicles, or vehicles containing sims you are tracking, will still appear on radar. If you're getting large numbers of erroneously tracked cars, something weird is going on. Check to make sure those cars are, in fact, moving. Sometimes the tracker will pulse at a time when the car has spawned, but has no occupant, and thus is detected as being a derelict vehicle. This tends to clean up again when the vehicle moves. Enhancements to the identification of vehicles will be forthcoming in the next version.

tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: 2009 August 30, 17:56:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It works. Track All Moving Cars off doesn't mean that cars WON'T be tracked: Any stray vehicles, or vehicles containing sims you are tracking, will still appear on radar.
Okay, I see. Is there a way to disable  all  car icons, or plans to disable this?
I say this because some vehicles are decorative, and certainly do not need icons
Alternatively, a way to disable SC for the same purpose?
As per the pictures in the new bug thread, without the ability to disable icons, decorative vehicles have become a messy no-no.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 30, 18:23:06 by tizerist » Logged
chann
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1272 on: 2009 August 31, 00:46:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

or I will, at some point when I get around to it, create a simple crappy DOS utility to convert a simple NOTEPAD list into a nametable.

Chann already has a utility to convert a simple comma delimited csv file to a string table or vice versa:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=360093

The problem is it doesn't work with raw alphanumeric keys yet, so any new (non-default) keys have to be hashed individually. I will look into updating it when I have the time.
cwurts
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1273 on: 2009 August 31, 05:06:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I cancelled the Supreme commander action for a few of my sims, and now I can't get it back.  What do I do? Huh  (After I found out I couldn't use it on too many sims at once, I decided to cut back, but it's not going so well.)

ShmapnShmazz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: 2009 August 31, 08:55:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No real problems so far, but right when I installed it I started to notice this green arrow and I wanted to know if Awesomemod is the cause. It's not really a big deal.

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: