More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 23:51:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1722610 times)
Belfire
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #1225 on: 2009 August 22, 20:59:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm new to the site, but I found the Awesome Mod a couple months ago. I enjoy it alot, especially the Add Trait code. But lately, when I start the sims, it said it expired. I've tried reinstalling it, but it keeps saying the same thing. What do I do?
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: 2009 August 22, 21:05:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm new to the site, but I found the Awesome Mod a couple months ago. I enjoy it alot, especially the Add Trait code. But lately, when I start the sims, it said it expired. I've tried reinstalling it, but it keeps saying the same thing. What do I do?

You go to the AwesomeMod thread and download a new copy.  You might also want to redo the Aweconfig file.

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: 2009 August 22, 22:45:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

coconnor, your icon just seems perfect for all these "too stupid to read" bullshit questions lately XD

INFP or something
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: 2009 August 23, 00:22:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

coconnor, your icon just seems perfect for all these "too stupid to read" bullshit questions lately XD
Thanks, Kuronue!  You had one with a pirate's hat not too long ago, right?  I remember thinking how fitting for the site it was.   I did a Google search on avatars, actually, and of those I liked, picked the one I thought fit the situation. Patience is not really a virtue of mine, so I thought it fit; besides "MATY" like cats, etc. 

I do, however, usually try to give everyone the "benefit of the doubt", which often does not work in my favor.  I think I shall refrain from speaking to the hardcore Retardolanders ... I prefer to ignore them, but was recently "sucked into the vortex" with "Qwueefbum".  Stupidity on my  part.  I just need to learn to be "meaner".  Should "sharpen my claws" for real life situations in these forums with those that have proven themselves unredeemable.  Otherwise, "meaness" is also not one of my virtues, although sometimes I wish it were.

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1229 on: 2009 August 23, 15:59:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Troll!!  Sockpuppet!!!

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #1230 on: 2009 August 23, 17:40:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, Kuronue!  You had one with a pirate's hat not too long ago, right?  I remember thinking how fitting for the site it was.   I did a Google search on avatars, actually, and of those I liked, picked the one I thought fit the situation. Patience is not really a virtue of mine, so I thought it fit; besides "MATY" like cats, etc. 

Yeah, my old one was from back when PMBD launched and everyone had them. I don't change often XD

INFP or something
kittie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: 2009 August 24, 21:27:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a child sim in my town whom I want to adopt into my household. When i go to adopt her using the awesomemod it says that she already has parents. Is there a way I can get around this and adopt her anyway? I have looked throughout the town for a household that now lists her as a part of their family to no avail. I figured the game must "pretend" she has parents so she cannot be adopted back into my family (accidental child neglect).
IreneDAdler
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: 2009 August 24, 21:52:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a child sim in my town whom I want to adopt into my household. When i go to adopt her using the awesomemod it says that she already has parents. Is there a way I can get around this and adopt her anyway? I have looked throughout the town for a household that now lists her as a part of their family to no avail. I figured the game must "pretend" she has parents so she cannot be adopted back into my family (accidental child neglect).
I would just track her down and, with Testing Cheats enabled, Shift-Click on her and select "Add to Active Household."

kittie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: 2009 August 24, 21:54:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would just track her down and, with Testing Cheats enabled, Shift-Click on her and select "Add to Active Household."

Thats the thing. I'm having trouble tracking her down! I found I could invite her over to party when I threw one, but couldn't add her to active household.

Nevermind i got it figured out. i invited her over for a party and did the testingcheatsenabled thing. thanks for giving me the idea Cheesy
« Last Edit: 2009 August 24, 22:11:40 by kittie » Logged
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: 2009 August 25, 00:22:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a way to force the game to believe a want has been fulfilled when it has in fact been fulfilled, but the game is being stupid and pretending it hasn't been?  In TS2 we could just ctrl+click on the want, but that doesn't seem to do anything in TS3.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: 2009 August 26, 00:30:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If a member of a non-played non-sacred family gets pregnant due to player's intervention or the player adds a Toddler which was made in CAS, will the family (try) to move to a lot with a crib if there's no crib on the current lot? With ASM enabled, I mean.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: 2009 August 26, 02:07:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
shinygobonkers
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: 2009 August 26, 06:52:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've a question...was lurking around the site and read on another thread that Pescado had added new traits to the game? Is this besides the pedo related and chosen ones, and if so, would anyone care to edumacate me as to what they might be?
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: 2009 August 26, 07:42:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've a question...was lurking around the site and read on another thread that Pescado had added new traits to the game? Is this besides the pedo related and chosen ones, and if so, would anyone care to edumacate me as to what they might be?
Teeldeer, TeeldeerImune, Narcalepsy, and Incontinent AFAIK.  Don't quote me on those spellings, though.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
joefish
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: 2009 August 27, 04:33:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone told me that the awesomemod allows you to force a pregnant sim to go to work. Is this true? and if so how to you do it?
Pywakit
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: 2009 August 27, 05:07:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A CV to post to a game site? I think I just lost control of my bladder at that one. What are the prerequisites, graduate degree OK?
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: 2009 August 27, 05:46:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A CV to post to a game site? I think I just lost control of my bladder at that one. What are the prerequisites, graduate degree OK?

No. Too many idiots have one or more degrees. The problem is to discern fucking idiots from tolerable people, but hey, that's an everyday problem anywhere.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
moosemonk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: 2009 August 27, 06:48:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone told me that the awesomemod allows you to force a pregnant sim to go to work. Is this true? and if so how to you do it?
Ctrl-shift-c to open the cheat console,then type 'backtowork'
Sniegparsla
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: 2009 August 27, 15:12:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure if it is the right place to ask my question, but I thoght its better than open a new thread:

When I'm trying to play my game with the awesomemod the game crashes to desktop after 5 or 10 minutes playing in Live mode. No error, nothing.
I have deleted the Cache Files, the scripterrorpackage, there are no other mods in my game, only some patterns and custom hairs. I have the newest version of the awesomemod and the newest version of the EA patch.

When I start my game with the same custom content as mentioned above and without the awesomemod everything works fine and there are no crashes.

I would be very glad if somebody could tell me what I am doing wrong or what I could do to make my game accept the mod without crashing all the time.  Huh
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: 2009 August 27, 16:08:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have not seen any sudden CTDs in the current version, so check that you have it. I will look out for this, though.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sniegparsla
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1245 on: 2009 August 28, 00:10:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thanks for your answer.

I couldn't figure out what the problem could be. Twice i was able to play for more than several minutes, but it still happens every time after a while. Maybe some kind of voodoo again....  Undecided
Steele
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: 2009 August 28, 02:03:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi,

Just wanted to ask what does the setting "AutoSavesToKeep" do.

I'd like to make assumptions but the description "Autosave Every X Minutes (0 to disable)" does not seem to match the title. My first impression that it keeps 2 saves before overwriting the previous hence the "2" setting. Just wanted to verify this.

Thanks.
Rockermonkey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: 2009 August 28, 03:05:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where can I find the traits?  Grin

They don't show up in the section for traits in CAS...

EDIT: Dang, I am stupid. Never mind, found it.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 28, 03:40:59 by Rockermonkey » Logged
kimmyfrmtx
Asinine Airhead

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: 2009 August 28, 03:33:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi,

Just wanted to ask what does the setting "AutoSavesToKeep" do.

I'd like to make assumptions but the description "Autosave Every X Minutes (0 to disable)" does not seem to match the title. My first impression that it keeps 2 saves before overwriting the previous hence the "2" setting. Just wanted to verify this.

Thanks.

AutoSaves = how many saves to you want to keep

AutoSave Every x minutes = how often to you want it to save?  every 20 minutes?  Hour?

RockerMonkey = that question is answered several times a day hour.

STFU already NoobTard, you are disturbing my lurking.

Then and than are different words with different meanings; look up the correct usage.  I am running out of furniture polish.  [slams head on desk]
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: 2009 August 28, 03:52:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AutosavesToKeep selects how high the autosave number will go to. So if you select AutosavesToKeep as 2, the game will actually keep 4 autosaves. Autosave0, autosave1, autosave0.backup, autosave1.backup, although only 2 will be loadable outright.

Autosaveinterval controls how many real-minutes seperate an autosave. If your game is paused or in build mode at the time, the autosave will occur after you unpause.

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: