More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 22:45:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1731640 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #1175 on: 2009 August 17, 23:47:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've also reported the same thing regarding relationships and marriage in another thread. After an 8 sim week wolfrun following 3 weeks normal play only singles with hopeless romantic, flirty or family orientated traits initiated relationships.
Should be fixed in the next version.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
cheriem
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: 2009 August 18, 03:01:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Guys, thanks for your help and Twallian, I could kiss you!  Your computer just saved my n'hood!  I just found out that indie spawned over 300 vagrant townies duplicating the sims in my bin. Tongue  I used the computer to get rid of all of them!

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: 2009 August 18, 03:57:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's just an error log. If everything goes like it's supposed to in your game then hopefully you'll never see it.

I think I've only ever gotten one and that was fairly recently but I am probably lucky in that regard.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1178 on: 2009 August 18, 07:57:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Guys, thanks for your help and Twallian, I could kiss you!  Your computer just saved my n'hood!

What computer?  What is this?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: 2009 August 18, 08:11:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Guys, thanks for your help and Twallian, I could kiss you!  Your computer just saved my n'hood!
What computer?  What is this?

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,16355.0.html

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1180 on: 2009 August 18, 08:44:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Got it!  Looks good...

Next question, anyone, this new roofslopeangle thing - is it individual roof angles?  Cos the game already had a roof slider.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: 2009 August 18, 09:08:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Next question, anyone, this new roofslopeangle thing - is it individual roof angles?  Cos the game already had a roof slider.
No, this simply allows you to bypass the fidgety and imprecise slider in favor of precise numerical values. I haven't yet found the capacity for individualroofslope yet.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Scroll
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: 2009 August 18, 09:12:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Got it!  Looks good...

Next question, anyone, this new roofslopeangle thing - is it individual roof angles?  Cos the game already had a roof slider.

I would like to know what this means too, could someone post a screen shot? Is it just a tooltip of a number for the actual angle?

Its already easy possible to fix individual roof angles.
Add roofs - delete the roofs with the angles that are fine - adjust the angle for the rest of the roofs - step back (ctrl Z) and the deleted roofs will come back at original angle without the adjusted roofs changing angle. Now you have roofs with different angles.

Edit: Ok got it! Thanks Pescado.
Another question, if we can change the angle by the means I wrote above, would it theoretically be able to make a "click and angle" function some time?
Edit 2: What Inge said
« Last Edit: 2009 August 18, 09:40:58 by Scroll » Logged
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1183 on: 2009 August 18, 09:38:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Its already easy to fix individual roof angles.

s/easy/possible

Nepheris
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: 2009 August 18, 09:40:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I doubt it, seeing as you are not influencing single roofs - you are still changing the angle of the entire roof, you're just fooling the game by deleting the roof you had so far and then restoring it as it was originally. It may look like you're changing one particular roof section, but this is not the case as far as game mechanics are concerned.
Scroll
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #1185 on: 2009 August 18, 09:46:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But there must be values somewhere for the angles, since the roofs don't change back after the changes. I have set up to 7 different angles on one house and don't think there's a limit. So as I see it I am influencing each partition of the roof, it can't be a global number.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1186 on: 2009 August 18, 10:01:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's certainly hopeful if the roof angle is not set to the same when you next reload the game.  There was a time in Sims 2 a bug was making that happen, so it's not like roofs *can't* change themselves to another angle after leaving the lot.

brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: 2009 August 18, 10:20:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It doesn't change, even if I upload a lot with different roof slopes. I just have to put in my notes that if they change the roof slope with the slider, it will change all of them to the same angle.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: 2009 August 18, 13:04:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Added "roofslopeangle <X> [new]", so if you do roofslopeangle 10 new, all FUTURE roofs built will be 10-degree, but all existing roofs remain. Also available in shorthand as "rsa", same syntax. Touching the slider or using rsa without "new" will void your existing settings and force all to specified setting.

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1189 on: 2009 August 18, 13:08:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* Inge covers Pescado with slobbery kisses

Scroll
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: 2009 August 18, 15:38:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hear, hear!

To actually be able to do this while rest of the roof is in place will be fantastic and very helpful.
*off to build pretty houses*

Edit, in my happiness I almost forgot to ask one itzybitzytinzy little thing.

Are roof patterns a global value? Or would it be possible for different roof patterns too? (I am guessing no here, but need to make sure.)
« Last Edit: 2009 August 18, 15:58:04 by Scroll » Logged
bethekins
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: 2009 August 18, 18:36:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Urm, okay so Hi n_n
Im new to this thread but have been using awesomemod since I got TS3, and love it. Buuut Im having a little trouble with the adult-to-12 romance, now the only reason I switched this on, was because my teen sim FINALLY found a decent guy, but then poof, he aged from a teen into an adult. so I went and switched this feature on because I didnt want to break them up, but didnt want to stop with the kissy smoochy stuff either, but every time they have a romantic interaction queued the game shuts down, for example a shy kiss, they go up to each other and BAM cockblocked. I decided to try again, same result, I tried playing as the adult, same thing, tried having them in the same household, still shut down. So i tried it with a random pair that had no romantic connection at all, and, finally it didnt close down, but I did make the NPC sim feel creeped out, no matter how high their relationship is, so Imjust wondering if there is anything to fix this, or if I need something else running with it awesomemod to make this work. <3  Kiss
IreneDAdler
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: 2009 August 18, 18:53:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Urm, okay so Hi n_n
Im new to this thread but have been using awesomemod since I got TS3, and love it. Buuut Im having a little trouble with the adult-to-12 romance, now the only reason I switched this on, was because my teen sim FINALLY found a decent guy, but then poof, he aged from a teen into an adult. so I went and switched this feature on because I didnt want to break them up, but didnt want to stop with the kissy smoochy stuff either, but every time they have a romantic interaction queued the game shuts down, for example a shy kiss, they go up to each other and BAM cockblocked. I decided to try again, same result, I tried playing as the adult, same thing, tried having them in the same household, still shut down. So i tried it with a random pair that had no romantic connection at all, and, finally it didnt close down, but I did make the NPC sim feel creeped out, no matter how high their relationship is, so Imjust wondering if there is anything to fix this, or if I need something else running with it awesomemod to make this work. <3  Kiss
That exact thing happened to me.  Maybe it has to do with a possible conflict where the action is supposed to be successful because their relationship is high enough and romantic already (because I noticed that Romantic Interest status didn't go away when one of the sims aged up to YA) and the hard-override has been abolished, but then the action isn't supposed to be successful because in general both sides of the interaction have to have the Pedophile/Pedobait traits, respectively.  That is to say, if you took two unromantic Teen and Adult sims and tried to make them flirt with each other, the first attempt from either side will be unsuccessful because they will not have acquired the Pedophile/bait traits yet, but after they both flirt with the other once, they will both have the traits, and further flirtation/romance will be successful if the mood is right.

I have no idea if this is really what's going on, just brainstorming.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 18, 19:02:09 by IreneDAdler » Logged

Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: 2009 August 18, 22:49:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I posted in the Awesome Story Driver thread about how I had 2 families who were house-switching 2 times a day. I normally pretty much stick with one main family but this was getting tedious so I finally selected each family in turn and took a look around and hopefully ID the problem. I don't intend to repeat the whole story here again, I just noticed that the children in both families were all in Red status from not doing homework, which didn't surprise me, since I've heard so many people here complain about this. After checking out these families I selected another sim couple that I planted in the 'hood and got them working on some skills; the next afternoon, I switched back to my main family. This all occurred over Saturday-Sunday Sim time.

Much to my surprise, my Sim who is Chairman of the Board in the Business career had very poor marks in his 'hold meetings' metric. He was perfectly fine in that metric when I left this family on Saturday AM; I come back on Sunday afternoon and he is suddenly doing poorly? WTF? He wasn't even AT work or supposed to BE AT work on the weekends. How did his stats tank like this? Does anyone understand what's going on here? Is this supposed to be some kind of EA "feature", where all the NPCs are purposely filled with failing adults and children? I suppose even better if they've got horrible traits so they can torture your playable Sim family. Yes, EA, how fun would that be. NOT. This is completely nuts! I'm beginning to see why so many of you are using Supreme Commander! If anyone can make any logical sense of why this is such a fail and could explain it to me I would really appreciate it. I do realize that it may just be complete laziness but there are such negative consequences to the nonplayables that your sims interact with in the game (unless EA assumed we would ONLY play with created sims?) that this is just difficult for me to wrap my head around.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: 2009 August 18, 22:51:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Meetings Metric periodically resets itself, so that you need to hold moar meetings. So every few days, the meeting counter is reset, resulting in that metric being red until you hold MOAR MEETINGS.

Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: 2009 August 18, 22:59:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So that could have reset itself even if I had not selected other families to play? I've never noticed it, but at least that would mean that EA didn't purposely make all the nonplayed sims complete puddings. Er, wait, I guess they already did that.  Apparently some of them fail at being puddings. Tongue

Still, why, from a programming standpoint, would they implement things in such a way that all the nonplayed sims would fail at work or school? If they didn't intend for them to actually materialize and take up processing space, why didn't they make sure that they wouldn't pay consequences for it? Do you think that was intentional or just very poor implementation?
Wolfeyes
Furry Yifftard
Retardo Lander

INFJ - 7, Very "F"

View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: 2009 August 18, 23:06:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LMBO!  Well, it's good to see Pes getting paid back in some form for all of his efforts here... sure hope he's able to recover enough from this massive snogging to carry on...   Wink   Cheesy

"Life is not about surviving the storms but rather how to dance in the rain" ~

Luther Vandross ~ Forever, For Always, For Love ~ 2005

Genius - Flirty - Friendly - Good Sense of Humor - Great Kisser ~
Bababorg
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: 2009 August 19, 01:08:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any chance that the illegitimate children are the ones that show up fatherless on the family tree?  When I checked my neighborhood I found a few fatherless children dating back to the Indie Mod era but I have three ladies who recently have given birth to fatherless children who had been conceived under ASM . I have the thirty day pregnancy mod so there is a big chance that this has been fixed by now but painfull memories of the Parthenogenesis are awakening in my mind.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: 2009 August 19, 01:46:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's an interesting bug in the base game regarding pregnancy, children, and fathers. If the father is destroyed or deinstantiated between pollination and birth, the entire thing is fucked up. I should write a fix for that.

simwit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: 2009 August 19, 19:12:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How does BetterGeneticSkinBlend affect Grim Reaper babies? Does it prevent pitch black skin?

The first four grimmies I had in my game (with BetterGeneticSkinBlend enabled) were all normal sims, even after reloading. Then I had two women who were pregnant with triplets, pollinated simultaneously with the help of the NRaas Pollinator. Before they gave birth I disabled BetterGeneticSkinBlend and one of the six babies had pitch black skin. Still only one in six, of course, but that's all I really wanted.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: