More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 11:49:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 6 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1736945 times)
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #1050 on: 2009 August 07, 19:21:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gastfyr: I am curious how many sims you have in your neighborhood including homeless. I tend to notice the more sims I have in the neighborhood the more I tend to start seeing such behavior. I would bet that if you started a new clean neighborhood everyone would be fine.

destroying all homeless might help. If it doesn't you could try destroy all npcs and then it should just generate more as needed (imo the game generates way too many of them to start off with). If that still doesn't work it might be BFBVFS territory for your hood. Sad
Is there an easy way to check the # of sims (without manually counting)?  It's...a lot.  lol  I like lots of sims in my hoods, so I moved in lots of them and then the game keeps generating homeless and sometimes ASM moves said homeless into homes.  I guess I should destroy all homeless on a regular basis.  *sigh*

I'll go load up that save and see if I can get a # on the population.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: 2009 August 07, 19:39:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can go into the Neighborhood Workshop and then in the Advanced Editor from the drop down on the top left select sims. It will bring up all your moved in sims in a drop down on the upper right. In the lower left you will get a total.

Note that this # only includes sims who are moved in and living on an actual real lot. It does not include homeless or npcs. If you go into the Households drop down and then select the NPC household and hit the + down where it says Members you can get the total # who are living there.

Homeless are all listed separately by their last names and just registered to lot ID 0, so it's easier to just do listhomeless with awesomemod in the game.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
ProfPlumbob
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: 2009 August 07, 20:57:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

is it possible to fix the school entrance?  My kids don't all get into class until around 11am and it effects their school grade.  Is it possible to remove collision detection so they all just walk in through each other?

edit:Found the other thread regarding this issue. 
« Last Edit: 2009 August 07, 21:16:32 by ProfPlumbob » Logged

Imagination will often carry us to places that never were. But without it we go nowhere.  -Carl Sagan
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: 2009 August 07, 21:18:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the # of sims in that particular hood is now a moot point, since the save is totally FUBAR.  I can't get it to load the save; it just sits there forever (literal real life hours) and I either have to quit to desktop or restart the entire computer.  I have deleted cache files and updated Awesomemod and the same thing still happens.  I havn't tried loading all my saves, but one other loaded just fine, so for now I'm assuming just that particular save is toast.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 08, 00:28:52 by Gastfyr » Logged

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: 2009 August 07, 21:20:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, well you could try the backup file. There should be one in the same directory with the same name and a .backup extension.

Otherwise you could try loading it in the neighborhood workshop, then resaving it in there. Seemed to work for me the other day with someone else's borked saved. Either that or running it and saving it on my game fixed it so you can try uploading it to a file sharing site and I will see if I can load it.

cwurts
Retarded Reprobate

Oona Klostermann for senate.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1055 on: 2009 August 07, 23:28:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the Awesome pregnancy debug working properly?  Is there a way to make my sim have her baby that I have not yet thought of?  She's been pregnant for five days!!

Join the Oona Klostermann High Society Club
coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: 2009 August 08, 01:18:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game setup with AM and ISM is that I have all houses progressing but I have certain ones I want to keep from ageing up unless I play them. (So I put them in & out of stasis as I see fit). How can I achieve this same affect with AM if I remove ISM? I want houses I'm PLAYING to age, and some specific houses I SET to age, to age. But I don't want to play TS2 Style so that no one ages UNLESS I'm playing them.

If I set a household as Sacred, this exempts them from story progression, right? So I could basically achieve the effect I want by making houses sacred while I'm not playing them, and then not sacred when I am? But a sacred household still ages, whether I'm playing them or not, no?
quetzilla
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: 2009 August 08, 01:39:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game setup with AM and ISM is that I have all houses progressing but I have certain ones I want to keep from ageing up unless I play them. (So I put them in & out of stasis as I see fit). How can I achieve this same affect with AM if I remove ISM? I want houses I'm PLAYING to age, and some specific houses I SET to age, to age. But I don't want to play TS2 Style so that no one ages UNLESS I'm playing them.

If I set a household as Sacred, this exempts them from story progression, right? So I could basically achieve the effect I want by making houses sacred while I'm not playing them, and then not sacred when I am? But a sacred household still ages, whether I'm playing them or not, no?

AFAIK, Sacred doesn't do anything when you are playing the household.  The whole point is so that you can set the families you want to play as Sacred, which makes them immune to Story Mode when you aren't playing them.  You don't have to switch it on and off.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: 2009 August 08, 01:42:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My understanding (and I have not really used it so someone correct me if I am wrong here) is that sacred makes a family immune to story mode events imposed upon sims but they will still age according to whatever settings you have the whole game on, ie short, long, epic or no aging. I don't believe it prevents them from aging, no.

However Pescado said recently that sacred needs to be cleaned up and should be considered experimental and not be used for the time being until he is able to get it sorted, unless you are willing to take the risk

If we mark a family as sacred, will they be safe from SP with the new Awesome Story Mode? I'd like to play more than 1 family, but I don't want my "one" family doing anything without my input. Except going to work/school.
Yes. Sacred is still Sacred. But don't turn that option on yet unless you're prepared to write off your neighborhood. It is not properly tested and several fatal bugs have just been found and fixed. Now writing a cleanup utility.

coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: 2009 August 08, 02:37:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, thanks for the info. I just turned sacred off on all my households.

So is there a way to achieve the effect I want without ISM? I guess not, hey? Maybe I need to prepare a post in the "requests" section!
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: 2009 August 08, 03:20:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't believe so. I did some digging when I was trying to recreate the Wolfrun in ASM and I was not able to find any mods that allow for aging on an individual or household basis other than Indie Stone.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: 2009 August 08, 05:38:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, thanks for the info. I just turned sacred off on all my households.
No, I said AwesomeStory is still experimental. Sacred works for protecting from EA storymode and AwesomeStorymode just fine, but AwesomeStory is experimental. It also protects your sims from being dragooned.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: 2009 August 08, 06:59:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I said AwesomeStory is still experimental. Sacred works for protecting from EA storymode and AwesomeStorymode just fine, but AwesomeStory is experimental. It also protects your sims from being dragooned.

Ah okay makes sense. I misunderstood.

twoftmama
Blathering Buffoon

Domestic Goddess

View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: 2009 August 09, 20:33:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is this "Added numerical relationship display option."? Is this in the relationship panel or is this in the top left where they tell you what they think about the person they are interacting with? I'm not seeing this anywhere. Also what is the SimSurgery "bodysnatch" command? Do we put that in the cheat box? What does it do? Yes I am running the latest AM.

If the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left handed people are in their right mind.

TFM'S Naughty Sims Asylum
Wolfeyes
Furry Yifftard
Retardo Lander

INFJ - 7, Very "F"

View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: 2009 August 09, 20:59:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey twoftmama,

Here's some info from the rtfm for the latest build of AM:

"bodysnatch <sim>": Steals body of sim of compatible age/sex, making your
     currently selected sim appear like that sim, ala SimSurgery. Destroys the
     target sim. Requires testingcheatsenabled. Useful for updating appearance
     of selfsims with better precision than editsim. Will copy weight.

Display Numerical Relationships [Optional - Enabled]
     Displays relationship status as number in relations tooltip.

Hope this helps...   Grin

"Life is not about surviving the storms but rather how to dance in the rain" ~

Luther Vandross ~ Forever, For Always, For Love ~ 2005

Genius - Flirty - Friendly - Good Sense of Humor - Great Kisser ~
cassblonde
Exasperating Eyesore

Lazy Lurker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1065 on: 2009 August 09, 21:03:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is this "Added numerical relationship display option."? Is this in the relationship panel or is this in the top left where they tell you what they think about the person they are interacting with? I'm not seeing this anywhere.

To see the number you have to hover over the little relationship symbol in the bottom right corner of the Sim you have the relationship with. It will then say "Acquaintance" and then a number. I had trouble finding it too.

I'm an apathetic sociopath, I'd kill you if I cared.
Krisan Thyme
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: 2009 August 09, 22:02:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't believe so. I did some digging when I was trying to recreate the Wolfrun in ASM and I was not able to find any mods that allow for aging on an individual or household basis other than Indie Stone.
You can easily do this manually by just editing the savegame. Each Sim has their own flag with regards to whether they can age or not, they even have a flag which determines whether their motives are capable of decaying.. with a quick tweak (or not so quick if you intend to be changing a lot of Households this way) you can imitate the exact same behavior that ISM allows.
twoftmama
Blathering Buffoon

Domestic Goddess

View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: 2009 August 10, 01:18:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok now I understand. Thank you Wolfeyes and Cass! I did RTFM but didn't see the bodysnatcher mentioned. lol I must have either overlooked it or opened the wrong AM zip and read the wrong one.

If the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left handed people are in their right mind.

TFM'S Naughty Sims Asylum
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: 2009 August 10, 03:06:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wolfrun is natively supported in the current AwesomeStory, using the same protocol as ISM Wolfrun.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: 2009 August 11, 00:07:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Warning: Supreme Commander does not play nicely with the lockable doors found at MTS2. I set up a housemates situation, and locked the doors according to which room I wanted for each sim. I even directed the sims to sleep in specific beds, so that the beds would be assigned to them. This was a waste of time, and wreaked havoc on this particular household. I left the housemates for a few sim days, to check on some other famblies. When I came back to the housemates, they had somehow managed to get into each other's rooms to sleep in each other's beds, but were then stuck inside, with their motives failing, and were unable to go to work. This problem only occurred while the housemates were under the control of SC. Do not use the lockable doors if you are using SC to Task: Work & School, and are not constantly playing the household that uses them. Bad things will happen.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: 2009 August 11, 00:28:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There aren't any lockable doors in the game natively so I have not implemented them into the system yet. The assigned beds thing appears not to stick terribly well and the game seems to frequently lose the assignment data, resulting in the beds becoming unassigned and sims having to figure it out all over again.

ProfPlumbob
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: 2009 August 11, 00:56:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

they don't play nicely with the gender doors either.  I had to take them out(used them at the community pool entrance for the bathrooms).

Pescado, with SC, I have seen you say that to bypass EA's crappy free will, use one of the options under SC.  But the only option I get("do random things"?) say are EA based free-will.  Is this just how you labeled it?

also for kids, they don't have any free will assignments under SC.  I like to assign them "work&school" but when they are done they just idle until they need to eat, pee, shower or sleep.  Is it possible to have them go back to non-idle free will(so they can interact with friends, play, etc) when they are done with school work?  Same with adults, whenever I assign them to "work&school" they just idle afterwards.

Imagination will often carry us to places that never were. But without it we go nowhere.  -Carl Sagan
pbox
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: 2009 August 11, 02:55:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I came back to the housemates, they had somehow managed to get into each other's rooms to sleep in each other's beds, but were then stuck inside, with their motives failing, and were unable to go to work. This problem only occurred while the housemates were under the control of SC. Do not use the lockable doors if you are using SC to Task: Work & School, and are not constantly playing the household that uses them. Bad things will happen.

This has nothing to do with Supreme Commander - I have that door too, and never used SupCom, and my game puts sims behind locked doors all the same. Guess there's a reason EA didn't enable this code .. the one thing the lockable door *is* useful for is for locking out visitors/walkbuys in an active lot, but you can't do multi-household lots with it.
BrokenRobot
Dimwitted Dunce

sekrit Republican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1073 on: 2009 August 11, 03:02:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After re-downloading AwesomeMod today, I don't have the option to Ctrl-click the neighbors' houses to switch active families.  Was that feature removed?
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: 2009 August 11, 04:09:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After re-downloading AwesomeMod today, I don't have the option to Ctrl-click the neighbors' houses to switch active families.  Was that feature removed?

I just ctrl-clicked to switch and it worked for me, using a version downloaded about an hour ago.  Was your currently selected sim at the time a baby or toddler?  I've noticed that the ctrl-click switch doesn't work if the currently selected sim is a baby or toddler.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: