More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 05:42:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1732612 times)
simwit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #1000 on: 2009 August 05, 19:00:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, a funny thing did happen thanks to El Presidente's realism. My sim threw a party and, among others, a couple of children were invited. One of them fell asleep right after showing up, before entering the house. He woke up a little later and came in. I guess the poor kid doesn't have a bed to sleep in at home, and then he's forced to go to school completely exhausted. Maybe ASM should just kill off the grandparents so the kids can get some sleep.

Also, a few sims left the party to go to work. That was a new experience also.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: 2009 August 05, 20:24:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We have people saying the sims are too picky now, and other saying the romantic interactions are overtuned, is there no making you people happy?

Actually, I think the frequency of public trysts is fine, but it does seem to hone in on a few sims with the romantic traits. I have 5 or 6 flirty/hopeless romantic sims in my hood and they are getting all the action, all the time. I'd like to see it spread out a little more. Give sims with no committed relationships a chance to do some public boinking even if they have no romantic traits. And maybe add a couple traits to the ones that are currently producing the serial adulterers, maybe Daredevil and Inappropriate, for example.

I don't know, having a happily married Flirty sim turn 3 complete strangers into "Romantic Interests" he's sleeping with in slightly more than 24 sim hours seems like a tiny bit of overkill to me...

I'd have to agree that it's a bit of overkill, with some sims getting 2 or 3 dates in a 24 hour period.  A few minutes ago I noticed one sim had an assignation come up, and she was still standing on the steps of city hall with another "date" as they'd only just finished.  The woman didn't even have time to catch her breath, let alone freshen up for the next date.

It also seems to be the same small group of sims that are called out on dates all the time, while others are missing out.  It doesn't matter if the sims are married or single, it's as if marital status is completely ignored.  I'd like to see some weighting given towards single sims who aren't flirty and don't have commitment issues, so that their stories will progress to marriage and offspring.

I'm not getting baby events.  I've added cribs & beds to houses, but it's not happening.  I'd like to see some babies born, even if only to couples where both are "family oriented".  The odd "oops" baby from all these affairs could be interesting too.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: 2009 August 05, 20:32:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Kyna: He fixed the mass infidelity and romancing in the latest (latest as is not an officially announced update but a reuploaded fix) version. Maybe a little too well because no one is finding a partner in my game now. I'm just getting a bunch of attempted match failings. *Shrug*

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Nepheris
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: 2009 August 05, 20:35:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New version fixes that, should redownload. Works pretty well now in my game Smiley
Falin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: 2009 August 05, 20:39:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Kyna: He fixed the mass infidelity and romancing in the latest (latest as is not an officially announced update but a reuploaded fix) version. Maybe a little too well because no one is finding a partner in my game now. I'm just getting a bunch of attempted match failings. *Shrug*

I'm pretty confident I AM using the latest fixed version (downloaded it after midnight Pacific time last night), but I'm still getting mass romances and infidelity, even in a completely fresh neighborhood.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong.  I'll have to check again when I get home tonight.
Arphenion
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: 2009 August 05, 21:01:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems the very latest version fixed the "too picky" problem for me. I've been running another test in an empty hood with two family-oriented sims who wouldn't boink each other despite having four traits in common and living next door to each other. After installing the updated version, they got hitched immediately. I'll give these two a crib and add more singles to the hood to see if it takes them a little longer.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: 2009 August 05, 21:15:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems the very latest version fixed the "too picky" problem for me. I've been running another test in an empty hood with two family-oriented sims who wouldn't boink each other despite having four traits in common and living next door to each other. After installing the updated version, they got hitched immediately. I'll give these two a crib and add more singles to the hood to see if it takes them a little longer.

Okay I will try it. He is damned fast with those hidden updates, heh.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: 2009 August 05, 21:47:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just play one house. I just want them to be townies and do stuff, have kids, simulate a neighborhood but I don't want to run the neighborhood. I think some people who play this game do want to run the neighborhood.

I think you've hit the nail on the head there Motoki. I'm one of those people that does want to run the whole hood and I skip from family to family, so AM suits me. I don't mind preparing the hood with cribs etc, I spent an evening recently loading and checking starter lots for the homeless.

AM is still only in testing of course, it may be that it will suit your needs better once it is in balance with the storymode.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Arphenion
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: 2009 August 05, 22:26:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I placed 6 cribs in their house and the family-oriented couple still won't reproduce. Since the only person younger than YA in the town is the newspaper girl, I don't think this is an overpopulation issue. My other singles, on the other hand, seem to be entirely uninterested in romance. Hopeless romantics and family-oriented ones will find someone almost immediately, but the rest of the town stopped generating "looking for romance victims" messages, which I'm guessing means they're not having trouble finding a suitable mate, but rather are not actually looking.
knightguy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1009 on: 2009 August 05, 22:31:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

how dose the job scaleing work?  i have my sims set to long life  but they seem reach top their career in one life stage 

wish it was that easy in real life  Cheesy

To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Falin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: 2009 August 05, 22:47:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How does the job scaling work?  I have my sims set to long life, but they seem reach the top their career in one life stage.

Wish it was that easy in real life.  Cheesy

From what I understand, job scaling works by taking the precentage past the default age (90 days?) of your game's sim lifespan, and increasing time it takes to progress in the job performance bar by that same percentage.  That's how it SEEMS to work, anyway.

I think even if it's done that way it's still easier to progress in longer lifespan games, because they proportion of time per job level you spend with maximum job progression gain (meeting skill requirements, etc.) is much bigger.

BTW, I fixed the spelling and grammar problems with your post when I quoted it above. You're welcome.  Wink
simwit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: 2009 August 05, 23:02:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just played two more sim days with the new version and there were plenty of romance messages and two marriages: one straight and one gay. So that's a huge improvement.

Still worried about the crib/bed shortage though. I guess we need an edited version of Sunset Valley and/or Riverview so all houses have plenty of beds and cribs.

And before I forget, thanks to JM for working so incredibly hard while my sim and I are slacking off.
Xaruny
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Question about the mod
« Reply #1012 on: 2009 August 05, 23:04:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where does it say in the mod that I can have more than 8 sims in one household?
DMDye
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Question about the mod
« Reply #1013 on: 2009 August 05, 23:09:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here:
AllowOverstuffedHouses

It is something you need to enable using the Awesome Mod Configuration tool, found here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ts3/awesome/config.php
donthurtme
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: 2009 August 05, 23:34:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also have a question. Since configuration doesn't work on my game, what happens if I enable the code (allowoverstuffedhouses) and I have 10 sims living on a lot. The next day, when I start up my game, do I have to enable the code again or will I lose control of my other 2 sims?
DMDye
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: 2009 August 05, 23:54:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have any idea why the configuration does not work in your game? If we get to the bottom of that, your problem will be solved.

Did you save (generate) the configuration file? Do you have the framework installed? Are you sure you remembered to also install the Awesome Mod (as silly as this sounds, from what I've read it is a fairly common oversight).
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: 2009 August 05, 23:57:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any of the commands that can be enabled with the config file can also be enabled/disabled in game via the console box (control shift c) but you will have to re-set them every time you load the game since without the config file those options will not stick and awesomemod will revert to its defaults.

ProfPlumbob
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: 2009 August 06, 00:01:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 49725 times)

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15531.0.html

sorry...just an asinine airhead passing through...

Imagination will often carry us to places that never were. But without it we go nowhere.  -Carl Sagan
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: 2009 August 06, 00:10:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Still worried about the crib/bed shortage though. I guess we need an edited version of Sunset Valley and/or Riverview so all houses have plenty of beds and cribs.

That sounds like it could be a fun project... possibly a fun group project.  At the same time, other furnishings (like toilets and showers) could be updated to meet the high AM requirements.  However, I'd still like to see some houses without too many beds or cribs, since not everyone wants kids.

This might make a good TS3 challenge, similar to the TS2 EAxis House of Phail.

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: 2009 August 06, 00:16:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While I am not much of a builder unless the mood really hits me, I would love it if someone took it upon themselves to redesign the whole neighborhood and yank out all the EAxis houses and put better ones in.

The only thing would that is they couldn't bulldoze the Beautiful Vista lots, but you can still go into them, knock everything down and then build a new house from scratch. If you did that and then uploaded the new cleaned up neighborhood save file it should still retain it.

Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: 2009 August 06, 01:06:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess we need an edited version of Sunset Valley and/or Riverview so all houses have plenty of beds and cribs.
Yes!  We totally need this.  I've been editing SV myself, but it is a huge job.  Currently,  I have at least one crib in every house that has a YAF/AF weather she is married or not, and some have two cribs.  Still, no one is having any babies that I know of (does Awesome give new baby updates?).  Gosh, it's hard to fit even one crib into the Alto house without serious rearranging/remodeling.  I just wanted to quickly switch house to house and drop down a crib (or pereferably two), but it took me hours last evening.  Would it at this point be a lack of regular beds that is holding them back?  I didn't bother to count regular beds in my nhood crib-drop, but I do know that one family is a married couple (both Fam sims) living in a house with 1 double bed, 4 single beds, and 2 cribs and yet they havn't even tried to spawn yet.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
Xaruny
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: 2009 August 06, 01:15:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the replies, had another question. When I try to get my 10 household members to have more kids, it says the household has reached its limit, help?
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: 2009 August 06, 01:35:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You've just been told that there is a thread for questions about the mod.  That is the correct place to ask your questions, and who knows, maybe someone else has already raised this issue there.  I don't know if they have or not, but I recommend you go and read through that thread to check, just in case.  Along the way you'll probably pick up some useful information about AwesomeMod.

There is no need for a special thread dedicated to your questions.  Imagine how many spammy the board would be if everyone did that.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
twoftmama
Blathering Buffoon

Domestic Goddess

View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: 2009 August 06, 01:46:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At the same time, other furnishings (like toilets and showers) could be updated to meet the high AM requirements.  However, I'd still like to see some houses without too many beds or cribs, since not everyone wants kids.

What are the AM requirements?  Huh

If the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left handed people are in their right mind.

TFM'S Naughty Sims Asylum
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: 2009 August 06, 01:48:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At the same time, other furnishings (like toilets and showers) could be updated to meet the high AM requirements.  However, I'd still like to see some houses without too many beds or cribs, since not everyone wants kids.

What are the AM requirements?  Huh
High end stoves/refrigerators/showers or bathtubs and beds.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: