More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:50:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1722486 times)
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #950 on: 2009 August 04, 18:50:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That makes sense  Smiley There'd be a godawful spam if it popped up everytime a sim went to work, and sims not going to work was such a major annoyance I couldn't really believe Pescado hadn't fixed it at all. Cheers for explaining that to me.

As I said, I don't mind a bit of adultery, it's only Pauline Wan who's up to it atm anyway. I'll have to check her traits and see if she's flirty / has commitment issues.
For the record... I know commitment issues affects it... But I'm guessing on flirty.  There may be other traits that influence it one way or the other as well.
Falin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #951 on: 2009 August 04, 18:54:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It does a lot of things but I can't exactly recall them all in specifics off the top of my head. It's pretty obvious what's going on if you turn the notifications on though.

Just for my own sanity:

Is it the "InformOnStoryAction" flag in the config that enables Awesome story mode notifications?

The description talks about it being ignored by 3rd-party drivers, and I took that to mean that it only works on EAxis story mode.  Am I wrong?

If I'm right, where do I enable Awesome's story notifications? I can't seem to find anything else that makes sense.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #952 on: 2009 August 04, 18:59:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes that is what you do. It ignores the Indie Stone Story Mode driver as it provides its own notifications but it does show Awesome Story Mode and EAxis Story Mode notifications.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Falin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #953 on: 2009 August 04, 19:10:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Excellent, thanks for the clarification.

I just last night started a new neighborhood to check out the new Awesome story mode.  I started by gassing the neighborhood and then adding my single custom sim.  The neighborhood is completely empty except for her right now.  No one has moved in as of yet, so tonight I'm going to try "seeding" the neighborhood with half a dozen or so custom sim families to see if I can kick-start some life into the place.  I wish I wasn't at work.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #954 on: 2009 August 04, 19:13:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Excellent, thanks for the clarification.

I just last night started a new neighborhood to check out the new Awesome story mode.  I started by gassing the neighborhood and then adding my single custom sim.  The neighborhood is completely empty except for her right now.  No one has moved in as of yet, so tonight I'm going to try "seeding" the neighborhood with half a dozen or so custom sim families to see if I can kick-start some life into the place.  I wish I wasn't at work.

In my experience it is no so good at seeding a new blank neighborhood so either like you said seed it yourself with some of your own sims or run Indie Stone for a little bit and let it generate some. You have more control with the former option though.

AyaJulia
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #955 on: 2009 August 04, 19:22:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello again MATYzens. Smiley I have a question about Supreme Commander, if you don't mind.

I use SC largely for two functions: Trash Rummage (law enforcement/journalism sims) and collection. However, SC doesn't seem to be "aware" of all of the locations where these things can be collected. It'll search three trash cans and then proclaim that there are no more trash cans to search, and when loading up the game and reenabling SC, it doesn't seem to be aware of collectible spawns, claiming "No collectables of this type on map!" It works properly with rocks and the like after a while, but that first chunk of time where it doesn't work is a little annoying. Smiley

Is there anything in particular I need to DO to have SC function a little more intelligently? I tried to testingcheatsenabled true "Make Me Know Everyone" so that my sim would know where all of the occupied houses (and thus trash cans) were, but it still only rummages the same two or three before telling me it can't. And do I need to have my collecto-bot get the Collection Helper or what? :s

Thanks very much for any help in advance!
spambi
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #956 on: 2009 August 04, 19:56:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are there plans to add an option to turn immigration off in AM? That's the only feature I miss from ISM, which otherwise didn't work for me.

In the meantime, is there any harm in regularly deleting the townies that move into town?

I think you will find compared to Indie, AM Story Mode immigrates VERY few sims and when it does it is almost always with some reason. I started with an empty hood with Indie and it was filled with tons of immigrated sim famblies in no time. With AM Story Mode I still had a fairly empty hood after a few sim weeks and finally just made a bunch of my own sims and moved them in to populate the neighborhood.

You can delete the famblies it spawns but bear in mind that with AM Story Mode, unlike Indie, there is very likely some reason that a fambly spawned like it's someone's boss or coworkers and there wasn't an existing sim in town in that career/level to fit the need so it had to spawn one.

Well, I have homeless sims in my hood that fill in as co-workers and such.

I guess what I really want is an option to bar townies from breeding/forming relationships with custom sims. I don't mind them hanging around, I just don't want them polluting the gene pool.
skydivedude
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #957 on: 2009 August 04, 20:54:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a way to end a pregnancy in sims 3?
Bobsdesk
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #958 on: 2009 August 04, 21:06:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Post Path, is this working yet?
The last time I tried it infected all of my saved games. I removed it but now the pathing is atrocious and the dishwasher wont work.
Falin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #959 on: 2009 August 04, 21:22:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a way to end a pregnancy in sims 3?

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff224/VR6_Bishop13/falconpunc.jpg
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #960 on: 2009 August 04, 21:32:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By the way falconpuch is implemented as a real command in the latest build.

Darksmurf
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #961 on: 2009 August 04, 22:38:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just wanted to point out that the Awesome story mode Is great but I have a question about the romance aspect of it. Whenever It says Romance "Christopher steel looking for romance victims" "Christopher Steel and Molly french at Wilsinoff Community Theater" Does this mean that he has Impregnated her or that there relationship just went up so they woohoo'd. Excuse me for my English It isn't my first language
Wolfeyes
Furry Yifftard
Retardo Lander

INFJ - 7, Very "F"

View Profile
« Reply #962 on: 2009 August 04, 22:50:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By the way falconpuch is implemented as a real command in the latest build.

And I hope it's optional... as to many women this is a disgusting thing to joke about and have implemented in a "game"... it brings to the forefront how abusive men can really devastate a woman's life... and this is just my personal opinion... so if y'all wanna knife me then go ahead... but to those of us who have had abusive fathers in our past... this subject is really NOT funny...   Roll Eyes

"Life is not about surviving the storms but rather how to dance in the rain" ~

Luther Vandross ~ Forever, For Always, For Love ~ 2005

Genius - Flirty - Friendly - Good Sense of Humor - Great Kisser ~
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #963 on: 2009 August 04, 23:21:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just wanted to point out that the Awesome story mode Is great but I have a question about the romance aspect of it. Whenever It says Romance "Christopher steel looking for romance victims" "Christopher Steel and Molly french at Wilsinoff Community Theater" Does this mean that he has Impregnated her or that there relationship just went up so they woohoo'd. Excuse me for my English It isn't my first language
Looking for romance victims simply means it is running the compatability check to see who he should try to try to boink.  Basically it is just generating data at that point for use later.

"Christopher Steel and Molly french at Wilsinoff Community Theater" means they are going to the theatre to fuck.  Not to knock each other up, however.  There is a separate notification when someone gets knocked up.  (But they need to have 1 empty crib at her house otherwise such an event fails since she can't fit any more kids in her house right now)
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #964 on: 2009 August 05, 02:42:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looking for romance victims simply means it is running the compatability check to see who he should try to try to boink.  Basically it is just generating data at that point for use later.

"Christopher Steel and Molly french at Wilsinoff Community Theater" means they are going to the theatre to fuck.  Not to knock each other up, however.  There is a separate notification when someone gets knocked up.  (But they need to have 1 empty crib at her house otherwise such an event fails since she can't fit any more kids in her house right now)

I just started playing with Awesome sotry mode today and these sort of Romance notifications are popping up all the time.  What concerns me somewhat is that some married sims are cheating on thier spouses; while this is fine for realisim sake, I don't want this to be happening with all my married sims.  In some cases it totally makes sense: Thorton Wolf was cheating on Morganna for instance.  But then I also saw Pablo Martiez out with someone other than his wife, and he doesn't have the Commitment Issues trait.  So I was wondering if certain traits make cheating more or less likely, or if it's basically a free for all and my married Good, Family-Oriented, Hopeless Romantics will be boinking random sims in the Mausoleum on a regular basis.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #965 on: 2009 August 05, 02:46:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just started playing with Awesome sotry mode today and these sort of Romance notifications are popping up all the time.  What concerns me somewhat is that some married sims are cheating on thier spouses; while this is fine for realisim sake, I don't want this to be happening with all my married sims.  In some cases it totally makes sense: Thorton Wolf was cheating on Morganna for instance.  But then I also saw Pablo Martiez out with someone other than his wife, and he doesn't have the Commitment Issues trait.  So I was wondering if certain traits make cheating more or less likely, or if it's basically a free for all and my married Good, Family-Oriented, Hopeless Romantics will be boinking random sims in the Mausoleum on a regular basis.
Traits affect it... although I don't have that data for which ones make it more likely and which ones make it less likely... so what I'd recommend is make a list of who is cheating and what their traits are.  Perhaps you can figure out which traits make a sim more likely to cheat on their spouse.  As an aside... already having a romantic interest other than one's husband might also affect cheating, although I'm not sure.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #966 on: 2009 August 05, 02:55:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They're not SUPPOSED to be cheating on anyone unless something has gone wrong, or they have one of the romance traits. If you're seeing it, this is a bug and likely something has not been properly linked.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
moondance
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #967 on: 2009 August 05, 03:23:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a notification that a female sim who I knew to be married was meeting up for romance with someone I knew wasn't her husband. I checked in on her, and I was correct. It was her nephew-by-marriage. I let it go because I thought it was funny--she has the "family oriented" trait, and she'd certainly oriented on family for cheating purposes.  Grin 
quetzilla
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #968 on: 2009 August 05, 03:27:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a notification that a female sim who I knew to be married was meeting up for romance with someone I knew wasn't her husband. I checked in on her, and I was correct. It was her nephew-by-marriage. I let it go because I thought it was funny--she has the "family oriented" trait, and she'd certainly oriented on family for cheating purposes.  Grin 

Non-story mode related, one of my sims wanted to get it on with her father in law.  Kinda weird.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #969 on: 2009 August 05, 03:28:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check to make sure you're using the latest, several bugs have been fixed.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #970 on: 2009 August 05, 04:07:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

one of the romance traits.
These would include Flirty then?  I know Pablo Martiez is Flirty (so is his wife).  I'll try to pay close attention to who I see cheating, but a list of what the story driver considers "romance traits" would help me pin-point any cheating that isn't actually supposed to be happening.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #971 on: 2009 August 05, 04:26:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Flirty sims will flirt inappropriately, yes.

Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #972 on: 2009 August 05, 05:15:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While I was aware that there were certainly many "romance" messages flying by each day & night, I was stupidly unaware of the level of subterfuge involved.  Having noticed that a Paige Landgraab (in my new neighborhood, the Landgraabs had three children, rather than just Malcolm as usual) was meeting different men in different locations every night, I decided to check it out.  So I selected her and was very surprised to find that she was married to a Landgraab son (Cale), but also to another man named Kermit Bowles.  Even more surprising was the fact that they were all living in the same house (swingers, or rampant blissful ignorance?).  In addition to this, she had 7 more "love interests" in her relationship panel and 1 more called "boyfriend".  What a slut - LOL!  I was tempted to try to kill her!  Apparently, she had been too busy to eat anything ... what with all the running around town cheating on her 2 husbands ... as her hunger meter was all the way at the bottom, but meh!

Traits included:  flirty; commitment issues; excitable; childish; and computer whiz.  (The first four were rather predictable, anyway.)

While I was in their house, two things happened.  First, she appeared to get stuck.  I reset her and she disappeared (not by the mailbox as is typical, or anywhere else in the house I could see, but the UI seemed to indicate she was still there (so I ordered her to "Go Here" and only her head appeared and then vanished again).  Kermit also got stuck, so I moved him with Move Objects and then I saw what looked like a large bowl on the floor where he had been standing.  I tried to delete it, but could not.   Immediately following this, I got a Flagrant System Error.  I tried to attach the file, but apparently it is too large.  If anyone needs it for debug purposes, just PM me.

Needless to say, I quit without saving ... cooties! Damn, should have typed "trogdorstrikesagain" in the console first!
« Last Edit: 2009 August 05, 05:31:07 by coconnor » Logged

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #973 on: 2009 August 05, 05:43:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is a bug of the old version. Are you using the latest version? If so, type "checkromances" and see how many broken messages show up. Be sure you are using the latest!

Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #974 on: 2009 August 05, 05:56:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is a bug of the old version. Are you using the latest version? If so, type "checkromances" and see how many broken messages show up. Be sure you are using the latest!

Using version of Aug. 4th at 12:30 PM according to the file once unzipped.  I just checked to make sure it's current by downloading another copy from Mirror 1 and comparing the time stamps.

However, I put it in on the fly ... overwriting the previous file ... and had not shut down and restarted the game, so I'm not sure if that matters.  I've had the game running in the background awhile.  I've just restarted after shutting the game down without saving, so I'll see if anything else lilke this pops up.  If so, I'll let you know.   I'll also go back in to the game now and type "checkromances" - okay, I've done that and it says that 35 bad sims were found.

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: