More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 09:49:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1722716 times)
twoftmama
Blathering Buffoon

Domestic Goddess

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #900 on: 2009 August 04, 03:41:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great! Thanks for clearing up the confusion.  Smiley

If the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left handed people are in their right mind.

TFM'S Naughty Sims Asylum
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #901 on: 2009 August 04, 04:07:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, that clears up my confusion. I shall wait for feedback from the other beta testers.

For what it's worth, I and some others have already been running it for a few of days now (was running test builds) and it runs pretty well.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
mhavril
Asinine Airhead

I told you so.

View Profile
« Reply #902 on: 2009 August 04, 05:39:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a quick question:

Is it possible to age up a sim in a household a few days, independently of everyone else in the house and neighborhood? E.g., A husband and wife are the same age, and I want the wife to be halfway through adulthood while the husband is only in one or two days, even though to begin with they are the exact same age?

Thank you! Cheesy
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #903 on: 2009 August 04, 05:50:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a quick question:

Is it possible to age up a sim in a household a few days, independently of everyone else in the house and neighborhood? E.g., A husband and wife are the same age, and I want the wife to be halfway through adulthood while the husband is only in one or two days, even though to begin with they are the exact same age?

Thank you! Cheesy
Yeah... You shift click on the sim and an option menu pops up that includes aging them up immediatly.

@rhodaloo  as an alpha tester for this version for the past 4 or 5 days... I can verify that it works just fine.
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #904 on: 2009 August 04, 05:59:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, that clears up my confusion. I shall wait for feedback from the other beta testers.

For what it's worth, I and some others have already been running it for a few of days now (was running test builds) and it runs pretty well.

I concur with Motoki and Simius.  It's running very smoothly in my game.

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
Cocomama
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #905 on: 2009 August 04, 06:06:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am unable to find info about what Awesome Storymode includes.
Could somebody please direct me to it?
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #906 on: 2009 August 04, 06:10:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's basically more or less along the line of what the Indie Stone mod does in that it controls the other townie sims in the neighborhood when you are not.

Pescado is taking a bottom up, show don't tell approach with it so when things happen like it says a sim is going to get a job you can go to that building and actually see them walk up and get the job.

He's created it so things will happen logically and for a reason, ie if a sim has wants to join the athletic career they won't just randomly join culinary and a family won't move out to a less expensive home and have their funds evaporate.

Again, if you've played the Indie Stone it's really similar, it's just the approach to how he does it behind the scenes is somewhat different.

Not that the story mode notifications by default are off in awesomemod so if you want to get them for awesome story mode you need to enable that in the config.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 04, 15:48:17 by Motoki » Logged

ProfPlumbob
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #907 on: 2009 August 04, 06:14:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

so if we use awesome's storymode does that conflict with Indiestone's?  Or is it more of an add-on if you have both?

Will this possibly lead to events happening around town like an actual wedding or a birthday party that your sims you are playing could be invited to or crash?
« Last Edit: 2009 August 04, 06:19:33 by ProfPlumbob » Logged

Imagination will often carry us to places that never were. But without it we go nowhere.  -Carl Sagan
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #908 on: 2009 August 04, 06:18:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

so if we use awesome's storymode does that conflict with Indiestone's?  Or is it more of an add-on if you have both?

You can have both but only one will actually be active at any give time.

You can switch back and forth between them on the fly in the game without having to restart by entering these commands in the console:

Setconfig UseIndieStoneDriver True/False
Setconfig UseAwesomeStoryDriver True/False

Note that it's impossible to have both true, if you turn one true, it will turn the other off.

If you turn them both false you get the default EAxis story mode.

You can check to see which is active by typing showconfig in the console.

You don't have to mess with this all in the console, you can set it in the config and just not worry about it, but if you want to switch back and forth between them in game then right now you need the console to do that.

ProfPlumbob
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #909 on: 2009 August 04, 06:21:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oh, nifty.  Thanks  Grin

Imagination will often carry us to places that never were. But without it we go nowhere.  -Carl Sagan
Wolfeyes
Furry Yifftard
Retardo Lander

INFJ - 7, Very "F"

View Profile
« Reply #910 on: 2009 August 04, 06:22:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's basically more or less along the line of what the Indie Stone mod does in that it controls the other townie sims in the neighborhood when you are not.

Pescado is taking a top-down, show don't tell approach with it so when things happen like it says a sim is going to get a job you can go to that building and actually see them walk up and get the job.

He's created it so things will happen logically and for a reason, ie if a sim has wants to join the athletic career they won't just randomly join culinary and a family won't move out to a less expensive home and have their funds evaporate.

Again, if you've played the Indie Stone it's really similar, it's just the approach to how he does it behind the scenes is somewhat different.

Not that the story mode notifications by default are off in awesomemod so if you want to get them for awesome story mode you need to enable that in the config.

Thank you Motoki... it's nice to have more of an explanation what AM's SP does... as I was wondering the same thing... and if we get many more acronyms around here, we'll be sounding like the military...   Wink

"Life is not about surviving the storms but rather how to dance in the rain" ~

Luther Vandross ~ Forever, For Always, For Love ~ 2005

Genius - Flirty - Friendly - Good Sense of Humor - Great Kisser ~
shinygobonkers
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #911 on: 2009 August 04, 06:24:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

how are reproduction rates with awesomestory? as much/more/less than indie?
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #912 on: 2009 August 04, 06:42:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my experience, less. I'm probably not a good example though because I started a new game and nuked everyone (Destroyallhumans) and started from scratch so I basically started off with an empty hood which won't be the norm for most people.

Indie for me was making people breed like rabbits and moving mass quantities of sims into town. Awesome story mode isn't doing that. The progression has been a bit slow so I just tried to nudge it along by creating some more sims and moving them in, but again my situation really isn't the norm.

The one thing that differs is there are no shortcuts or free passes here so if a sim family does not have enough money for a house they will not move into it. Indie would just assign them a random house and then give them a flat 25k in funds.

It's much more important here to make sure you have some low income housing with enough beds and a crib etc if you don't want to end up with homeless families.

There's a whole system to that too. They will pay money into an 'apartment' and for food etc. They can get money from the pot that you give to charity too so if you have good sims the more you give, the more it literally will benefit any homeless sims. If they get enough money to move into a home that meets their needs (enough beds for their family basically and cribs for babies and toddlers) then they will move in.

If not then they can potentially starve to death, though it takes a long time.

shinygobonkers
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #913 on: 2009 August 04, 06:51:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my experience, less. I'm probably not a good example though because I started a new game and nuked everyone (Destroyallhumans) and started from scratch so I basically started off with an empty hood which won't be the norm for most people.

Indie for me was making people breed like rabbits and moving mass quantities of sims into town. Awesome story mode isn't doing that. The progression has been a bit slow so I just tried to nudge it along by creating some more sims and moving them in, but again my situation really isn't the norm.

The one thing that differs is there are no shortcuts or free passes here so if a sim family does not have enough money for a house they will not move into it. Indie would just assign them a random house and then give them a flat 25k in funds.

It's much more important here to make sure you have some low income housing with enough beds and a crib etc if you don't want to end up with homeless families.

There's a whole system to that too. They will pay money into an 'apartment' and for food etc. They can get money from the pot that you give to charity too so if you have good sims the more you give, the more it literally will benefit any homeless sims. If they get enough money to move into a home that meets their needs (enough beds for their family basically and cribs for babies and toddlers) then they will move in.

mmm, fair enough, sounds pretty good. as much as i found indie's "____ and ____ are expecting their sixth baby!" lol worthy...

and damn, when pescado makes something, he makes it good. I hated how even with indie sims would randomly move around musical houses style from mansions to cheap homes for no good reason...this sounds much better...and yay to charities actually having a purpose :0
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #914 on: 2009 August 04, 07:02:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and damn, when pescado makes something, he makes it good.
Accept no Kewian-based substitutes!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #915 on: 2009 August 04, 07:09:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just wanted to add something about homeless sims and charities:

Sims who own homes now pay bills just like your active family does.  Homeless sims pay $400 rent per sim every time bills come.  (which I believe is 2 times per week... although I might be wrong about that.)  They basically live in apartments and aren't truly homeless... yet.  At any rate, if they don't make enough money from their jobs to cover their rent... their funds will get lower and lower and lower.  Once they can no longer afford rent... they are evicted from their apartments.  At that point, they pay $10 (I think) per day for food.  Once they run out of money for food they are sol and start getting skinnier and skinnier until eventually they starve to death.  If they happen to go to the park and eat a burger... of course this will help.  On average it takes 5 days for a sim to starve to death (If I remember correctly).  Fat fuckers take longer.

Sims who can't afford food can get charity to pay for their meals.  Charity doesn't help pay for rent or add to their wealth, however.  You can also just drag and drop inventory onto a sim and when he goes back to the homeless bin... he'll sell that item so he'll have some more money to buy food with.  

The only thing I don't remember too well is if charity gets used up entirely at the end of the bill cycle... or if it carries over to the next bill cycle.  (So for example, if you donated $1000 to charity... and then a sim uses $10 before the next set of bills come... I don't know if the charity gets reset to $0 or if it would be at $990 after the bills come)

On a final note, evil sims can undermine charities as well.  So if there is $1000 in the charity pool... and an evil sim spends $500 to undermine a charity.. the charity pool would get dropped to $500.
mhavril
Asinine Airhead

I told you so.

View Profile
« Reply #916 on: 2009 August 04, 07:27:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a quick question:

Thank you! Cheesy
Yeah... You shift click on the sim and an option menu pops up that includes aging them up immediatly.

Not exactly what I meant. When I do that, it sends them straight into the next age group. I just want to age him/her up a few days, not whole age groups. Thanks for helping, though!
blackcat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #917 on: 2009 August 04, 07:38:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a quick question:

Thank you! Cheesy

I use Neighborhood Workshop. It's an editor for save games and there you have AgingYearsSinceLastAgeTransition variable which you can change. Here  is it's thread
BobDob
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #918 on: 2009 August 04, 07:57:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the logic of the bottom up approach, but are the sims actually capable of making good money and succeeding?  If the end result is that all sims end up going from houses to apartment to homeless to starvation, it may be a valid comment on welfare economics, but I'm not sure if that will end up being a very fun, interactive neighborhood.  Does anybody have any data points on what happens in a typical starting neighborhood with the new story mode?
JBoat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #919 on: 2009 August 04, 08:08:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the logic of the bottom up approach, but are the sims actually capable of making good money and succeeding?  If the end result is that all sims end up going from houses to apartment to homeless to starvation, it may be a valid comment on welfare economics, but I'm not sure if that will end up being a very fun, interactive neighborhood.  Does anybody have any data points on what happens in a typical starting neighborhood with the new story mode?
It is a good question, and a valid one.  Take the Bunch family for example:  can two working parents keep up with the weekly total tax for a family of 6, in a decent sized house?  Especially if their work performance is scaled to a longer game via config options.  I'm dubious, and think that kids (Teens down to babies) should have a slightly smaller affect on taxes, to offset the fact they generally don't work, and don't use quite as many resources as parents do.

Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #920 on: 2009 August 04, 09:33:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pretty much all sims will stay in their homes.  Since the bill isn't very much per bill cycle.... and they don't waste their money buying cars and crap like active family sims do.  So they won't all of a sudden not be able to afford their house... But once they become homeless they need to work to keep up with the rent.  I haven't seen any sims starve to death in my game... but I imagine as long as they are working they should be fine.  (unless they have tons of kids).  Also, when I was playing... the sims throughout the neighborhood did keep their performance up in their jobs and even seemed to improve their job related skills. I think they'd have to be really big fuckups to actually starve.  Even with a crappy job.

At any rate, my neighborhoods seemed pretty dynamic for as long as I played them.  1 trick is to add cribs to at least a few houses since sims won't spawn babies in story mode if they have nowhere to store thier rugrats.  A bonus is that sims will seek houses with cribs when they want to have babies... So you can add cribs to as many houses or as few houses as you prefer to get the children growth how you like it throughout your town.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #921 on: 2009 August 04, 09:37:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is a good question, and a valid one.  Take the Bunch family for example:  can two working parents keep up with the weekly total tax for a family of 6, in a decent sized house?  Especially if their work performance is scaled to a longer game via config options.  I'm dubious, and think that kids (Teens down to babies) should have a slightly smaller affect on taxes, to offset the fact they generally don't work, and don't use quite as many resources as parents do.
Probably: The Bunches own their own house, so are not homeless and paying rent to a slumlord. Therefore, their bills are equal to what you would pay if you were playing them, and so they should be fine, as even the most menial jobs tend to manage basic upkeep.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #922 on: 2009 August 04, 09:47:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could teens get jobs automatically? Or at least a percentage chance of getting a job, based on traits and family finances?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #923 on: 2009 August 04, 09:50:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could teens get jobs automatically? Or at least a percentage chance of getting a job, based on traits and family finances?
They already do.  I've made a few orphanages filled with only 12s and they go ahead get jobs on their own.  (while I am playing some other family)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #924 on: 2009 August 04, 10:11:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't notice that when I was testing. I did notice none of the Bunch kids had jobs and as they aren't a family I play, I assumed teens didn't get auto-jobs. All my playable teens had jobs already.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: