More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 15:02:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1722528 times)
Krisan Thyme
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #875 on: 2009 August 03, 02:33:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The "WorldCaches" directory should be in plain sight, located under the Sims 3 folder you've been deleting the other cache files in. If it's not there at all though (and that seems odd to me) then perhaps it simply hasn't been generated yet, in which case it isn't the culprit at fault here anyway.

Also yes, I experienced pretty much the same issue awhile back. I would go to load a saved game or try to start a new one.. the game would always crash very early into its attempt to load either, though. Like I said however, I didn't actually find a solution to the problem (I wasn't given enough time to do so really), it simply resolved itself after a few repeated attempts.. That's obviously not very useful information and most certainly not too encouraging either, but eh..
Daz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #876 on: 2009 August 03, 02:38:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, I guess it's not there for some reason. My caches for some reason don't appear in a folder. They are just in plain sight when I go to my Sims folder. Weird.

Haha but thanks for trying! I really appreciate it Smiley
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #877 on: 2009 August 03, 02:56:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have tried installing enablescripterror and it didn't fix anything either.
You need to remove that package.

Exactly. Iit never fixes anything. It's not supposed to. It's only supposed to tell you what the problem is in Geekanese but even then most people will need an interpreter and it may not necessarily vomit up a message for a given person's particular problem, depending on what it is.

I wish Pescado would remove his little blurb about it in the Awesomemod download page. Too many tards who don't understand what it does and don't need to be using it are messing with it and now with the patch it may be a source of potential problems.

Anyway, it's a debug tool. Unless someone has a specific purpose to be using it and needs to get a log of an error and decipher it or give it to someone who can, it should not be used. The average ZOMGBenies!!!1111oneoneoneleveneleveneleven BBS user should not be messing with it. It is not for them.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Daz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #878 on: 2009 August 03, 03:00:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh ok, thanks for making it so much more clear.  I've heard that it was pointless, but it's like the first thing people tell you to do when you have an issue...so I just tried it for giggles, and yeah, it didn't do anything.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #879 on: 2009 August 03, 03:02:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try starting your game from the CD one time. Pescado did that to solve his crash on the menu where you choose the hood.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Daz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #880 on: 2009 August 03, 03:06:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I ONLY start the game from the CD already.  So I wouldn't be doing anything different...
cosmikdebris
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #881 on: 2009 August 03, 03:10:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey everyone Smiley I'm new to the forum, and I've been searching foreverrr for a solution to this, but I can't find one that 100% applies to me and solves my problem.  Well, my game crashes to the desktop every time I get to the main menu and choose my neighborhood.  It's not random or anything, and it always finishes loading at the first screen.  I have the 1.3 patch and I play from the CD.  My game is not a crack, since I bought it at Target.  I have tried installing enablescripterror and it didn't fix anything either. I've deleted the caches about a billion times and still nothing. It's absolutely driving me insane! I have been everywhere and nothing has been a help.  
  Thanks Smiley

I had the same problem.  Installing the latest official TS3 update fixed it.  Good luck!
ETA:  Wait, you said you have the 1.3 patch?  Ack.  I was sure I found the solution to your problem, as the exact same thing happened to me.  It started when I updated Awesomod, and stopped when I installed 1.3.  Oh well Sad
« Last Edit: 2009 August 03, 03:17:50 by cosmikdebris » Logged
tobu
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #882 on: 2009 August 03, 04:21:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hearsay caused by hysteria due to user error. Plus people have messed with a lot of different game files without knowing with they were doing or backing it up and then went kermitflailing when the patch wouldn't install.

If you can't patch it is most likely due to some file the game originally installed that you either directly or indirectly (via some mod/patch/crack/trainer bla bla) modified or deleted. If you aren't sure what you changed from the default base install I suggest you just reinstall the game. It will give you the option to keep your saves and custom content when you uninstall so you won't lose any of that.

Hey thanks dude! I'll try that. I'm amazed at how you just don't try the simple things. I'm gonna try and reinstall it.  Grin
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #883 on: 2009 August 03, 05:04:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey thanks dude! I'll try that. I'm amazed at how you just don't try the simple things. I'm gonna try and reinstall it.  Grin

I started trying to figure out what the hell files I had changed and after a bit I just figured it would be easier to reinstall. It really doesn't take that long.

Krisan Thyme
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #884 on: 2009 August 03, 05:23:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, I guess it's not there for some reason. My caches for some reason don't appear in a folder. They are just in plain sight when I go to my Sims folder. Weird.

Haha but thanks for trying! I really appreciate it Smiley

Well the WorldCaches folder has specific cache files related to the neighborhoods, these are completely different from the Compositor and CASPart's caches. Should these ever become corrupted for any reason, you'd likely be unable to successfully load a savegame or even start a newgame. (Or in lesser instances, you'd just run into bizarre problems after loadup.) Unfortunately it wasn't that simple in this case it seems..
purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #885 on: 2009 August 03, 06:30:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you do not have Riverview, you won't have a worldcaches folder. I got mine when I installed Riverview.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
wycked
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #886 on: 2009 August 03, 06:40:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you can't patch it is most likely due to some file the game originally installed that you either directly or indirectly (via some mod/patch/crack/trainer bla bla) modified or deleted. If you aren't sure what you changed from the default base install I suggest you just reinstall the game. It will give you the option to keep your saves and custom content when you uninstall so you won't lose any of that.
I recomend running Delphy's Sims_3_Patch_Log_Viewer http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=350186 to find out which file you're missing. I had to run it twice though as I was missing two music files and it only found one on the forst run. Re-installed them from the CD and the game patched beautifully so no reinstall of the game was necessary Smiley

Krisan Thyme
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #887 on: 2009 August 03, 06:45:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you do not have Riverview, you won't have a worldcaches folder. I got mine when I installed Riverview.

Interesting.
I generally only use Riverview, since I feel that neighborhood is vastly superior in the way it is laid out.. so it's not surprising that I never noticed this before. Though everything else I've said about it is true at least, even if it is Riverview specific. I've fixed several little (and not so little) neighborhood specific problems from just deleting those files. (And of worthy note, the crashing I was experiencing awhile back which was similar to what spazznova is experiencing happened specifically to Riverview only.. both savedgames and when attempting to load it as a newgame. It wouldn't surprise me if something in the cache was causing it, and that my repeated attempts to load it somehow flushed it out.)

Oh well, glad you told me about this at least. I'll keep it in mind for the future..
Daz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #888 on: 2009 August 03, 14:06:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahhh, ok that makes sense why I don't have the Worldcaches since I don't have Riverview. Hmm, I guess I'll just have to keep on searching for some sort of solution. Thanks everyone though.

Do you think it would be safe for me to start a topic on the forum about my issue? Or should I just keep it on this one?
starsong
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #889 on: 2009 August 04, 02:39:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps I have a dumb question.

When I downloaded AM today it arrived with an extra package file, namely, csmacd.package. While I'm not opposed to happily dropping said file into my Packages folder and accepting that Pescado knows best, my unhealthy curiosity bids me ask:

What is this file, and what does it do?

My thoughts are only that it has to do with alleviating routing failures, but can anyone enlighten me with specifics?
Tenjho
Blathering Buffoon

ENTP. Shall I run now?

View Profile
« Reply #890 on: 2009 August 04, 02:52:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

CSMA- CD : Carrier Sense Multiple Access - Collision Detection.
Experimental rear-end collision pathfinding check installed: Sims should no longer be stopped by someone colliding from behind, resulting in two sims going in the same direction both stopping.

What\'s the use of happiness? It can\'t buy you money.
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #891 on: 2009 August 04, 02:58:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps I have a dumb question.

When I downloaded AM today it arrived with an extra package file, namely, csmacd.package. While I'm not opposed to happily dropping said file into my Packages folder and accepting that Pescado knows best, my unhealthy curiosity bids me ask:

What is this file, and what does it do?

My thoughts are only that it has to do with alleviating routing failures, but can anyone enlighten me with specifics?
Yeah... it is for routing failures.  I downloaded an earlier version from here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,16077.0.html
JBoat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #892 on: 2009 August 04, 03:00:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you intend on using the new Token-Ring rabbit-hole queuing system, then the CSMA-CD package does little for you.  I originally thought it would, but based on all the testing I've done with the Routing XML file (which amounts to over 30 hours now), it has little impact on standard routing.  There are other tweaks to the same XML file that can give greater results to the same routing algorithm that sims use.

skydivedude
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #893 on: 2009 August 04, 03:07:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When you download awesome mod it has awesome.package and csmacd.package
Do i install csmacd.package to?

Will anyone answer this?
« Last Edit: 2009 August 04, 03:47:34 by skydivedude » Logged
twoftmama
Blathering Buffoon

Domestic Goddess

View Profile
« Reply #894 on: 2009 August 04, 03:10:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

NEW UPDATE
Experimental Awesome Story Mode can be enabled from the Config.

Does this mean that Awesome Story Mode is now a part of Awesomemod, or is this just for when it is released? I searched, but couldn't find it as a separate download. Just wondered if it's safe to get excited.

If the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left handed people are in their right mind.

TFM'S Naughty Sims Asylum
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #895 on: 2009 August 04, 03:17:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does this mean that Awesome Story Mode is now a part of Awesomemod, or is this just for when it is released? I searched, but couldn't find it as a separate download. Just wondered if it's safe to get excited.

No, it's out now included with Awesomemod. You enable or disable it via the config.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #896 on: 2009 August 04, 03:30:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That wasn't supposed to be there, it's a seperate item located in the regular hacks section. So, packaging error. I will remove it from the main package.

If you intend on using the new Token-Ring rabbit-hole queuing system, then the CSMA-CD package does little for you.  I originally thought it would, but based on all the testing I've done with the Routing XML file (which amounts to over 30 hours now), it has little impact on standard routing.  There are other tweaks to the same XML file that can give greater results to the same routing algorithm that sims use.
Well, I tweaked it some more, but the two are unrelated issues: CSMA/CD is used in normal routing, but it fails on rabbit-hole entry with severe congestion because you just get endless collisions, so a new thing was implemented specifically for rabbitholes.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
rhodaloo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #897 on: 2009 August 04, 03:31:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Says that both Indie Stone and Awesome story mode are enabled in the RFM. Am I to remove the Indie stone and disable it in the config?  Surely one isn't to use both the Indie Stone and the Awesome storyo mod at the same time?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #898 on: 2009 August 04, 03:32:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That option only exists to autodetect Indiestone, if you are using it. If you do not have Indiestone, the option will turn itself off automatically when the autodetect fails. Disabling it will mean that you ignore the autodetect and never activate IndieStone, even if it is installed. It is not necessary to change this option unless you have both mods installed and for some reason want to deactivate ISM's driver.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
rhodaloo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #899 on: 2009 August 04, 03:34:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, that clears up my confusion. I shall wait for feedback from the other beta testers.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: