More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 13:44:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1722958 times)
fiberglassdolphin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #775 on: 2009 July 25, 01:36:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made a tweak to 0xA29571C6F77AA18D, but it only works if I put the package I made in my override folder. Indie Stone Compatibility Checker didn't find any incompatibility with my other packages, but it seems likely that awesomemod would modify this file. Does it happen to?
Silvermistshadow
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #776 on: 2009 July 25, 05:22:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe mine isn't working because I don't have the 1.2.7 patch installed. However, when I try and install that, it claims that my installed region code is incorrect for it. Mine is from North America, does anyone have a patch that actually works with it? Either that or I need a patch with that restriction removed; the patch installer itself might be buggy.
WolFox
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #777 on: 2009 July 25, 05:55:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a way to turn off harder jobs?
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #778 on: 2009 July 25, 06:00:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that disabling NoFreeJobSkills, and possibly disabling other job-relating options in the config file, will make jobs easier.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #779 on: 2009 July 25, 06:57:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that disabling NoFreeJobSkills, and possibly disabling other job-relating options in the config file, will make jobs easier.
No, turning off nofreejobskills will actually make it HARDER, because your competition will be able to advance without effort while you have to work your ass off for it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
pbox
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #780 on: 2009 July 25, 12:32:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe mine isn't working because I don't have the 1.2.7 patch installed. However, when I try and install that, it claims that my installed region code is incorrect for it. Mine is from North America, does anyone have a patch that actually works with it? Either that or I need a patch with that restriction removed; the patch installer itself might be buggy.
What patch are you trying to install? Are you talking Windows or OS X? Have you read the Patch thread (there are links to all versions in there)?
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #781 on: 2009 July 25, 15:00:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, let's see if I can mess up this quoting thing again.  Tongue

Owed for skipping work? I think the problem is that we need to get them to stop skipping work, first. Tongue

Yeah, let's worry about getting them to go to work rather than paying them for the work they don't do. That would be a pretty poor band aid. They'd still never advance, their mood will probably be in the tank, particularly if they are workaholic or ambitious, and they will still get fired.

Actually the not going to work or school is a huge problem with the story mode of the game right now and that goes for whether you play AM, Indie, AM + Indie or default EAxis.

Since the game was designed for just playing one family, I can understand why they'd save on computing power by not "physically" sending them to work or school. But at the same time, they should have designed a way for the NPC's to not get punished for not physically going. It's concept that was only thought out is a half-assed way (is anyone surprised by that?).

As I just started a new Riverview, to use with Awesome and Indie, I wonder if I still can/should make my families sacred.

I kind of like it to see my families having the golden halo, but maybe there is a reason why I should not make them sacred?

You have to use the Indie Stone version of sacred, which is to play the house and then set it to stasis on via the cellphone of one of the household members. Unfortunately, you cannot set this unless that house is the active family, but you can easily put the game on pause, control click on the house or a family member and select it, set the setting, then switch back to your original house.

Yesterday in my game the Alto's moved 3 times, to progressively smaller and smaller houses. And each time they move, they lose most of their cash. The first time it happend I kicked them out of their new house, gave them some cash back, and purchased their original estate again, but they moved again twice after that.  Roll Eyes  I had decided to not put them in Stasis while I had control of them since I was afraid that would mean the daughter couldn't marry or move out or whatever. Besides, I think that houses in Stasis do not age. Anyway, after that I went around to some of the other houses like Crumblebottom's and just turned off lot changes through the IS Household Settings menu. That way they can experience relationships, job changes, etc., but just not move!
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #782 on: 2009 July 25, 15:51:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Tangie: If you don't want stasis then you can just set them to moving off. All the other things will still function as normal and I believe this only prevents the family from moving and not necessarily individual members if the situation warrants it.

But anyway, this is more an Indie Stone tip than an Awesomemod one. Tongue

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
twallan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #783 on: 2009 July 25, 15:55:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since the game was designed for just playing one family, I can understand why they'd save on computing power by not "physically" sending them to work or school. But at the same time, they should have designed a way for the NPC's to not get punished for not physically going. It's concept that was only thought out is a half-assed way (is anyone surprised by that?).

After some personal tweaking, I got all my sims going back to work physically.  As expected there is a bit of a lag, but not horribly so.  I have about 75 sims that trod off to work each day, though not all at the same time mind you.

The vanilla game appears to want all the sims to physically go to work, so it only took a couple tweaks to get them going again.

As an aside, with full radar tracking, it's hilarious watching my 30 children file into school each morning.

Good Day. Smiley
carminelady
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #784 on: 2009 July 25, 16:12:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was tired of my sims shooing people out of the bathroom, so I found IndieStone No Shoo verision from MTS. 

Pescado, since Awesomemod and IndieStone are compatible, is the No Shoo version of IndieStone compatible as well?  If so, thank you, thank you, thank you!!  Grin  If not, is there a chance you will make it compatible? Please?   Cry
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #785 on: 2009 July 25, 16:20:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After some personal tweaking, I got all my sims going back to work physically.  As expected there is a bit of a lag, but not horribly so.  I have about 75 sims that trod off to work each day, though not all at the same time mind you.

The vanilla game appears to want all the sims to physically go to work, so it only took a couple tweaks to get them going again.

As an aside, with full radar tracking, it's hilarious watching my 30 children file into school each morning.

Good Day. Smiley

What tweaks would these be exactly? I would like to know because mine never take their asses to work. I don't want to play them all and I don't necessarily need to physically see them going to work or school, I just don't want them to have their performance constantly in the toilet and get fired all the damned time like they are doing right now.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
twallan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #786 on: 2009 July 25, 16:26:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What tweaks would these be exactly? I would like to know because mine never take their asses to work. I don't want to play them all and I don't necessarily need to physically see them going to work or school, I just don't want them to have their performance constantly in the toilet and get fired all the damned time like they are doing right now.

They are core mod tweaks, as outlined in that "Code Fix for Inactive Slacker Sim" thread I was rambling in.

Namely, I encountered two errors.  One the alarm that tells a sim to go to work arrived too early in my game, and the system ignored it.  And another issue where low detail sims were not updating their "Hours Until Work" properly, and were bouncing when the push to go to work arrived.

Sadly, these are not fixes one can do without some experience in core modding.  Hopefully Pescado provides his own solution soon enough.

Good Day. Smiley

(Edit: fixed spelling)
« Last Edit: 2009 July 25, 17:13:29 by twallan » Logged
WolFox
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #787 on: 2009 July 25, 16:59:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a way to turn off harder jobs?

I meant is there a way to turn off the feature that makes it to where there can only be one person in top level jobs? This feature is not even mentioned in The Manual.
Silvermistshadow
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #788 on: 2009 July 25, 16:59:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What patch are you trying to install? Are you talking Windows or OS X? Have you read the Patch thread (there are links to all versions in there)?

Windows here, and no, I haven't read that thread yet, I'll try to find it, but just in case, it'd be nice if someone could link me later- the search engine refuses to acknowledge the dots in 2.1.7, and instead searches for the numbers individually.

Edit: No problem now, just had to temporarily remove the no-censor patch and reapply my backup ((I NEVER just replace a file with its replacement, I usually label it as an original in some manner.)) Patched just fine.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 25, 18:17:54 by Silvermistshadow » Logged
twallan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #789 on: 2009 July 25, 17:19:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I meant is there a way to turn off the feature that makes it to where there can only be one person in top level jobs? This feature is not even mentioned in The Manual.

Ah, but that feature is so fun to watch in action.  With all the career notifications active for the entire town, one can watch the gut wrenching battle between all the top level business sims...  One makes it to the top and then gets demoted the next.  The new top gets demoted by a newcomer, and so forth.

I have about a dozen sims in the business career...  It'll be amusing to watch the cascade demotions once they are all near the top.

But yes, I guess if that isn't your cup of tea, there should probably be an option to disable it.

Good Day. Smiley
muse
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #790 on: 2009 July 25, 17:26:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hopefully this isn't discussed somewhere else and I've missed it - if so please forgive, I'm still learning my way around the boards.  

Since installing the latest build of awesomemod, nonactive sims in community lots just stand around like zombies, not doing anything, to the point where they pee themselves and pass out from exhaustion.  I set bladderdecayoncommunitylots to false so they're no longer having accidents, but does anyone have any idea why the "gohome" urge is disabled?  Or why they don't seek to entertain themselves with chess or picnics or reading as they used to?  Perhaps there is an awesomemod setting that relates to this?

It's problematic because sometimes chosen sims show up in the lots and become casualties - when I switched back to their family the ones in the park the previous day were passed out and missing school and work.  (I realize this can be mitigated by disabling the stalker behavior, but I actually like it - it's like an impromptu party everywhere you go, handy for making friends and whatnot.)

Another odd thing is that when interacting with sims in community lots, there is a huge lag time between directing an action and its execution, like twenty plus sim minutes.  I tried to get my favorite rockstar sim to hold an autograph session and could only get two signed in four sim hours - very frustrating.

Thanks for your help and sorry if this is answered elsewhere.  I couldn't find anything about this in RTFM or by searching the threads.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 25, 23:48:22 by muse » Logged
Batman
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #791 on: 2009 July 25, 17:29:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A fambly with an infant keeps leaving the house while they are inactive resulting in (what I assume) child services taking the baby. This is quite frustrating as I have to exit without saving to get baby back!

Well I must of neglected the HH longer than I thought. The baby was deleted and saved on accident. (This HH is sacred, btw) Is there anyway to force baby back in the HH?

Has anyone else have this problem of missing babies? 

When inactive families leave their house with babies or toddlers inside, those babies/toddlers temporarily disappear into the ether until a responsible family member returns.  If you use Awesomemod to swap to a family and find that their little ones are missing, try sending some family members home and see if they reappear.  (I've only had this occur when using Awesomemod functionality to swap directly from one family to the next - I'm not sure if it happens if you swap families via Edit Town.)

This may or may not be why your baby is missing, but I know it confused the hell out of me the first time I experienced it.

OH thank god! Your right! I feel so dumb lol Roll Eyes

terriefarrell
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #792 on: 2009 July 25, 20:34:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do have a question, i have the config running as default and therefore didn't expect families to move out and disappear but they are. When they move out, although i can 'invite them over' from another sims house, i can't find them either in the sim bin or moved to another house...firstly, why are they moving out if the 'noone gets out alive' thing is on, secondly, where the hell do they go?
twallan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #793 on: 2009 July 25, 20:44:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do have a question, i have the config running as default and therefore didn't expect families to move out and disappear but they are. When they move out, although i can 'invite them over' from another sims house, i can't find them either in the sim bin or moved to another house...firstly, why are they moving out if the 'noone gets out alive' thing is on, secondly, where the hell do they go?

The "NoOneGetsOutAlive" flag simply stops the system from emigrating your house out of town.  Since you can still contact them, they are obviously in town somewhere.  It is possible they are homeless, but I personally have never encountered an issue where StoryProgression under AwesomeMod would move a household into the homeless bin.

Invite one of the sims over, then ask them to leave.  Now simply watch them as they go back home.  Or go to the "Edit Town" and search each household.

If they don't appear anywhere, use the "listhomeless" console command to see if their family is indeed homeless.

Good Day. Smiley
yunie
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #794 on: 2009 July 26, 05:21:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello, I have a questoin. I'm not very smart with awesomemod so please be kind. I wanted my sim to have a big family but I can't "Try for baby" anymore because there are 8 sims, so could someone tell me how to set my game to more then 8 sims? I looked at the wiki  and I have no idea what to do, got me confused even more.  Embarrassed
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #795 on: 2009 July 26, 05:29:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello, I have a questoin. I'm not very smart with awesomemod so please be kind. I wanted my sim to have a big family but I can't "Try for baby" anymore because there are 8 sims, so could someone tell me how to set my game to more then 8 sims? I looked at the wiki  and I have no idea what to do, got me confused even more.  Embarrassed

In your configuration file set: AllowOverstuffedHouses       

Removes 8-sim limit on houses. Note that this limit only applies to in-game, not CAS. Don't go crazy.

to enabled.  I've moved in 16 sims into 1 house using this.  You should be able to have more babies as well.  If you can't after enabling this, let us know.  (Also, make sure you have the latest version of awesomemod.
Solmyr
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #796 on: 2009 July 26, 09:57:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, this actually became a problem in my latest game... every morning there is a zerg of kids and teens milling around the school entrance (which is tiny). Since their pathfinding sucks and they have to stop for ages any time they bump into someone else, few actually manage to get into the school on time. My active teen just couldn't fight his way past the zerg one day and only managed to come into the school at 13:00. Roll Eyes

Any way Pescado can fix the pathfinding? Or at least greatly reduce the time sims stop and tap their foot when they bump into someone?
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #797 on: 2009 July 26, 11:31:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Tangie: If you don't want stasis then you can just set them to moving off. All the other things will still function as normal and I believe this only prevents the family from moving and not necessarily individual members if the situation warrants it.

But anyway, this is more an Indie Stone tip than an Awesomemod one. Tongue

Thanks, Motoki. And I agree that it is really an IS issue, but there has been a bit of a learning curve for substituting IS settings for AwesomeMod's story progression toadyness blockers. I miss the ability to fine tune these. For example with Indie Stone, jobs are either on or off, there's no way to turn job progression on but prevent random firings on a bus.

I can't wait to see what Pescado will come up with for Story Progression. As long as it doesn't involve a bunch of "features" like No Soup for You, random snipers, and Count Down to Armegeddon, I will likely switch!  Grin
chann
Corpulent Cretin

TS3: an "eye-opening tour de farce" (sic)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #798 on: 2009 July 26, 11:36:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, this actually became a problem in my latest game... every morning there is a zerg of kids and teens milling around the school entrance (which is tiny). Since their pathfinding sucks and they have to stop for ages any time they bump into someone else, few actually manage to get into the school on time. My active teen just couldn't fight his way past the zerg one day and only managed to come into the school at 13:00. Roll Eyes

Any way Pescado can fix the pathfinding? Or at least greatly reduce the time sims stop and tap their foot when they bump into someone?

Here's a quick fix for the door-jam issues: open The Sims 3\Game\Bin\Sims3.ini (back up a copy first) and change all the DynamicAvoidance_* values under the [Config] section to 0.0. It basically turns on no-clip and lets Sims walk through each other.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #799 on: 2009 July 27, 03:29:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's a quick fix for the door-jam issues: open The Sims 3\Game\Bin\Sims3.ini (back up a copy first) and change all the DynamicAvoidance_* values under the [Config] section to 0.0. It basically turns on no-clip and lets Sims walk through each other.
Hey, why not?  Cars can already drive through sims, bicycles, and other cars.  At least sims might actally get something done instead of standing around tapping their feet for hours and hours.  I'm gonna try this; thanks.

edited to fix spelling
« Last Edit: 2009 July 27, 04:23:25 by Gastfyr » Logged

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: