More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 22:41:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1731146 times)
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #750 on: 2009 July 23, 20:56:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's in the pudding factory

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15992.0.html

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
fiberglassdolphin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #751 on: 2009 July 23, 21:03:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like having Robotic Hand of God disabled because I enjoy seeing my sims wallow in their filth. Does this mean everyone in uncontrolled houses will be visited by the repo man or do they automatically pay bills?
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #752 on: 2009 July 23, 21:13:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like having Robotic Hand of God disabled because I enjoy seeing my sims wallow in their filth. Does this mean everyone in uncontrolled houses will be visited by the repo man or do they automatically pay bills?

Do you trust them? Hell, in my neighborhood they can't even automatically take their ass to work.

OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #753 on: 2009 July 23, 22:11:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've read conflicting statements on this so, just to clarify....
To add traits and other sim related Awesomemod commands, must you be in direct control of a Sim or is there a way to do these "long distance" as well? As far as my experience goes, I've only been able to do things while in control of said Sim but it'd be cool not to cheat to control certain Sims to be able to zap them with one thing or another via Awesomemod commands.

My guess is that most things like "addtraits" are only possible while in direct control, though I'd be really happy if someone said I was wrong.  Roll Eyes
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #754 on: 2009 July 23, 23:04:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can control shift click on sims not under your control and edit them in the CAS which includes adding traits. It's an EA debug command and not officially supported by Awesomemod. It can be kind of buggy sometimes so use at your own risk. In my experience it mostly works, that's how I set up my 'nannies' in nanny outfits and get rid of unpleasant traits for someone who is watching your kid like slob.  Roll Eyes

OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #755 on: 2009 July 24, 00:02:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can control shift click on sims not under your control and edit them in the CAS which includes adding traits. It's an EA debug command and not officially supported by Awesomemod. It can be kind of buggy sometimes so use at your own risk. In my experience it mostly works, that's how I set up my 'nannies' in nanny outfits and get rid of unpleasant traits for someone who is watching your kid like slob.  Roll Eyes

Slobbish Nannies, huh?  Guess I have to watch more carefully when those sitters come around, I've never actually used one since I've only had two children, born of a playable household, in my game...or maybe I'll grab that Nanny mod. Smiley In any event, use control-shift-click would probably mean I have to use the "enable all EA debug options" in Awesomemod? 
Thanks for the advice.

I actually wonder something else....after reading through the first page of commands and after seeing this option for myself, I wonder if someone can explain what, exactly, "trigger age transition" does? I can take a guess, of course, but I am not positive that I'm right in thinking it is a fast way to get your sim to the next age....
What I'm really wondering is if there's a way through Awesomemod to add family ties to sims that I forgot to mark as siblings while in CAS.  I saw some reference to doing something similar here but saw no real instructions on how to go about it.  There is no mention of it in the "readme".
cwurts
Retarded Reprobate

Oona Klostermann for senate.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #756 on: 2009 July 24, 00:06:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was forced to restart my game, and for the sake of story continuity, I want my sim to have her baby immediately.  I tried Ctrl-Shift-Click, and selected the "Have Baby" option, but that doesn't seem to be working.  I get a pop-up that says "Hours to goal" or something, with 72 as the default number.  What should I do to get my desired result?

Join the Oona Klostermann High Society Club
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #757 on: 2009 July 24, 01:31:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uncontrolled houses do not actually have mailmen that deliver bills, or actual physical bill objects created. They just simply have the requisite money deducted from their funds quietly in the background to save CPU. This feature is actually going to tie into the new Story Mode engine, where sims are motivated to take actions by their actual life situations, not because the machine arbitrarily tells them to.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
KarateKari
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #758 on: 2009 July 24, 02:10:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was forced to restart my game, and for the sake of story continuity, I want my sim to have her baby immediately.  I tried Ctrl-Shift-Click, and selected the "Have Baby" option, but that doesn't seem to be working.  I get a pop-up that says "Hours to goal" or something, with 72 as the default number.  What should I do to get my desired result?

That would be one of those wacky undocumented, unsupported debugging commands.  I've screwed with it quite a bit, but as far as I can tell, it doesn't actually do anything.
werther
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #759 on: 2009 July 24, 02:15:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy funny thing, I wanted to share:

Rick's "no intro" (http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=342922) prevented my crash issues. Since I installed this package, I had zero crashes. No advertisement intended, just wanted to share.
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #760 on: 2009 July 24, 03:28:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy funny thing, I wanted to share:

Rick's "no intro" (http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=342922) prevented my crash issues. Since I installed this package, I had zero crashes. No advertisement intended, just wanted to share.

Voodoo. Somewhere, sometime you shall once again experience a crash though it seems to be gone. Voodoo. I've had the same experience....long stretches but every once in awhile, it crashes.  It's not nointro mod, it's voodoo.
Baronet
SimDebster
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #761 on: 2009 July 24, 03:42:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uncontrolled houses do not actually have mailmen that deliver bills, or actual physical bill objects created. They just simply have the requisite money deducted from their funds quietly in the background to save CPU. This feature is actually going to tie into the new Story Mode engine, where sims are motivated to take actions by their actual life situations, not because the machine arbitrarily tells them to.

I like this, but since the sims in uncontrolled houses often skip work, I can see this being a problem.  Is there any way to make sure the uncontrolled houses also get credited for paychecks owed?
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #762 on: 2009 July 24, 03:54:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grandparents are automatically set: mark Sim B as Sim A's parent, then mark Sim C as Sim B's parent. Presto chango: Sim C is the grandparent Sim of Sim A.
Uncles, cousins etc. work the same way: make the normal family connections. To mark Sim D as an uncle of Sim A, just set Sim D as the brother of Sim B.

I know. That was exactly my issue. Both Sim A's parents are dead, no tombstones anywhere, so I can't give them any grandparents. The Sim being added to the family tree must be the selected sim. Which sucks. Or then I'm wrong, which sucks too. Halp  Undecided

I'm not sure I understand this first quote....how do you "Mark Sim B as Sim A's parent"?  Is that with Awesomemod, and is there a way to mark Sims as siblings? 
JBoat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #763 on: 2009 July 24, 05:14:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which is fine and dandy - just be sure to fix the fact that it currently leaves the mailbox flag up when it pays bills.  Smiley

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #764 on: 2009 July 24, 05:33:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like this, but since the sims in uncontrolled houses often skip work, I can see this being a problem.  Is there any way to make sure the uncontrolled houses also get credited for paychecks owed?
Owed for skipping work? I think the problem is that we need to get them to stop skipping work, first. Tongue

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Groosalugg
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #765 on: 2009 July 24, 06:11:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

in AM's manual it says "Go Here "Automatic" Mode smarter about choosing fastest movement mode."
but i dont know i kindda like it dumber i guess, you see, my sims have a lot of free time and it would only seem fit for them to "walk" from say the living room to the dinner room, which is on the same floor and right next to the living room, rather than "run" which is the method the "Automatic" mode seems to employ if a sim is told to go from a spot to another that is more than 4 or so steps away. i dont know does this bother anyone else as well?
i realise that J.M.Pescado is very busy with AM especially these days, so i know they wont bother to perhaps make the Go Here "Automatic" Mode smarter thingy optional with AMConf. so i wanna try to fix it, or rather make it follow EA rules again, for myself. but i really have no experience in this kind of thing. i only know how to change values such as costs or numbers of days and stuff. i use S3pe and SimCustomizer, i tried searching for a file that would have to do anything to do with Go Here but i fail. can someone point me in the right direction, or something? which XML file would i have to mess with here Cheesy
i absoloutly love AM, i cant play without it! many thanks to Pescado and everyone who contributed with AM, keep up the good work.
i am sorry if this was too long, thanks.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #766 on: 2009 July 24, 07:10:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Automatic mode will choose the fastest method of getting from A to B, as it is supposed to. You can change the movement mode to force it for specific purposes by toggling it manually, or if you want them to just limp around on their impulse thrusters and take 3 days to reach the next room, you could just not give a specific move order at all. I am simply NOT going to EVER change this, however, because I don't want to add 3 additional mouse clicks to the process of setting every nav point, not to mention having to set 3 additional waypoints for every move.

Without this feature, in order to get anywhere, you'd have to set 3 waypoints just to reach one destination: Use warp drives to reach nearest jump point, use jump drive to jump to destination jump point exit, use warp drives again to reach destination. This is terrible, and lmping the entire way on impulse drive is just not acceptable!

WITH this feature, I can just say "Nav to waypoint", and they will automatically use their best engines to do it. The impulse thrusters are for docking maneuvers only!

chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #767 on: 2009 July 24, 07:18:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Groosalugg: FFS, just disable that option in your aweconfig package if you don't want it in your game. Why did you feel the need to post about it, when you can easily change it yourself?

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
Batman
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #768 on: 2009 July 24, 07:20:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A fambly with an infant keeps leaving the house while they are inactive resulting in (what I assume) child services taking the baby. This is quite frustrating as I have to exit without saving to get baby back!

Well I must of neglected the HH longer than I thought. The baby was deleted and saved on accident. (This HH is sacred, btw) Is there anyway to force baby back in the HH?

Has anyone else have this problem of missing babies? 

Groosalugg
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #769 on: 2009 July 24, 08:37:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you Pescado for the response, i am not sure i followed all of what you said but on the general i got it.
Chaos, actually i had no idea disabling Manual Navigation in Aweconf. file also disabled the smarter automatic navigation mode, cuz in the description next to it it only says "Move Orders May Be Queued Without Dropping" it doesnt mention the smarter automatic navigation mode, so thanks for the tip, it doesnt really matter though cuz of course i'd still want the "go here" order to not be dropped -even if they are walking- heck i told em to go there didnt i, Silly EA. anyways i think i will just disable it and hope someone comes up with a seperate mod that just allows the order to be queued only without the extra boost  Smiley

Edit/ or perhaps if making a mod to allow go here to be queued is simple enough then i might be able to do it myself, i just need someone to tell me which file i need to alter? i just cant find it T.T
np Chaos actually u did help me without knowing i guess^^
« Last Edit: 2009 July 24, 09:02:42 by Groosalugg » Logged
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #770 on: 2009 July 24, 08:52:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm, I'm pretty sure that there used to be a separate configurable option within aweconfig that enabled and disabled the ability for Manual Navigation to decide the most efficient way for a sim to reach its destination. It's entirely possible that my memory is phail, however, and that I'm probably thinking of AthleticAutoSelect. In that case, I'm sorry for jumping on you, Groosalugg.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
Cocomama
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #771 on: 2009 July 24, 09:04:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As I just started a new Riverview, to use with Awesome and Indie, I wonder if I still can/should make my families sacred.

I kind of like it to see my families having the golden halo, but maybe there is a reason why I should not make them sacred?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #772 on: 2009 July 24, 11:27:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sacred is just pretty with IndieStone, it has no effect on the actual functioning of the external story driver. That's why I didn't simply remove the option to use it at all: It still does pretty golden halos, even if the IndieStone driver totally ignores it.

KarateKari
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #773 on: 2009 July 24, 16:14:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A fambly with an infant keeps leaving the house while they are inactive resulting in (what I assume) child services taking the baby. This is quite frustrating as I have to exit without saving to get baby back!

Well I must of neglected the HH longer than I thought. The baby was deleted and saved on accident. (This HH is sacred, btw) Is there anyway to force baby back in the HH?

Has anyone else have this problem of missing babies? 

When inactive families leave their house with babies or toddlers inside, those babies/toddlers temporarily disappear into the ether until a responsible family member returns.  If you use Awesomemod to swap to a family and find that their little ones are missing, try sending some family members home and see if they reappear.  (I've only had this occur when using Awesomemod functionality to swap directly from one family to the next - I'm not sure if it happens if you swap families via Edit Town.)

This may or may not be why your baby is missing, but I know it confused the hell out of me the first time I experienced it.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #774 on: 2009 July 24, 17:06:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Owed for skipping work? I think the problem is that we need to get them to stop skipping work, first. Tongue

Yeah, let's worry about getting them to go to work rather than paying them for the work they don't do. That would be a pretty poor band aid. They'd still never advance, their mood will probably be in the tank, particularly if they are workaholic or ambitious, and they will still get fired.

Actually the not going to work or school is a huge problem with the story mode of the game right now and that goes for whether you play AM, Indie, AM + Indie or default EAxis.

As I just started a new Riverview, to use with Awesome and Indie, I wonder if I still can/should make my families sacred.

I kind of like it to see my families having the golden halo, but maybe there is a reason why I should not make them sacred?

You have to use the Indie Stone version of sacred, which is to play the house and then set it to stasis on via the cellphone of one of the household members. Unfortunately, you cannot set this unless that house is the active family, but you can easily put the game on pause, control click on the house or a family member and select it, set the setting, then switch back to your original house.

When inactive families leave their house with babies or toddlers inside, those babies/toddlers temporarily disappear into the ether until a responsible family member returns.  If you use Awesomemod to swap to a family and find that their little ones are missing, try sending some family members home and see if they reappear.  (I've only had this occur when using Awesomemod functionality to swap directly from one family to the next - I'm not sure if it happens if you swap families via Edit Town.)

This may or may not be why your baby is missing, but I know it confused the hell out of me the first time I experienced it.

Ah this is good to know. I switched to a family that was out at the pool and was shocked to find the toddler gone. I thought the social worker took her.

Now I will just consider it that she is staying over at the babysitter's house in some rabbit hole somewhere. Wink

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: