More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 08:59:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1722445 times)
cassblonde
Exasperating Eyesore

Lazy Lurker

View Profile WWW
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #725 on: 2009 July 21, 13:47:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

... I have been having random crashes during the loading screen

Another noob with another question that could be easily answered if you READ MORE:

Look for the big red text in this post: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15185.msg437867.html#msg437867

I'm an apathetic sociopath, I'd kill you if I cared.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #726 on: 2009 July 21, 15:30:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks guys...you made me think and look over and over and the blond in me found my problem. I had too many folders (there was the mod folder but in that was another mod folder then the package folder). Guess it cant read that deep into it. Ok I admit, I am a natural blond and I must have had a blond moment there. Thanks again guys!
Hair color doesn't affect brain cells, unless you used something extremely caustic to get that color.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
FaeNinja
Tasty Tourist

Jewish Ninja in Skinny Jeans and Chucks

View Profile
« Reply #727 on: 2009 July 21, 18:29:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another noob with another question that could be easily answered if you READ MORE:

Look for the big red text in this post: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15185.msg437867.html#msg437867

Sorry reading comprehension FAIL
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #728 on: 2009 July 22, 04:17:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've just started trying to use the "sacred" family option and the only way I'm able to do it is via "bless [family name]". For some reason, CTRL clicking and/or SHIFT-CTRL clicking yield no options other than the regular ol' lot information tab/popup.  Am I missing some step here?  While I have no problem typing it in manually, I still wonder why I see no option while trying to click on the lot manually.
I have testingcheatsenabled and all that but I have not noticed many changes while ctrl/shift clicking objects so I keep thinking I'm missing something...
Tenjho
Blathering Buffoon

ENTP. Shall I run now?

View Profile
« Reply #729 on: 2009 July 22, 04:23:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you have to ctrl + right click to switch houses using SC i believe.

What\'s the use of happiness? It can\'t buy you money.
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #730 on: 2009 July 22, 04:32:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've just started trying to use the "sacred" family option and the only way I'm able to do it is via "bless [family name]". For some reason, CTRL clicking and/or SHIFT-CTRL clicking yield no options other than the regular ol' lot information tab/popup.  Am I missing some step here?  While I have no problem typing it in manually, I still wonder why I see no option while trying to click on the lot manually.
I have testingcheatsenabled and all that but I have not noticed many changes while ctrl/shift clicking objects so I keep thinking I'm missing something...

I think the CTRL-right click option is only available if you have Supreme Commander enabled under AwesomeMod.  I have it enabled and can do do this.

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #731 on: 2009 July 22, 08:07:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think OpiumGirl is trying to make her households sacred, not trying to switch active households. If that's the case, then she needs to ctrl-click a non-active sim using the currently active sim. You can't ctrl-click the active sim to make it sacred. To be honest, it's easier to just type "bless" into the console box, because doing so blesses the entire active household.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
loopsydoo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #732 on: 2009 July 22, 20:21:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello

I have the latest Awemod installed along with the mod part of Indie.  If I do not config Awe Mod its default is not to allow random merges etc etc between households but one can allow that mid game via the Indie mod. 

So which one does my game take notice of, the Awe settings of not randomly merging etc or the Indie part that does allow it if I tell it to?

The reason I ask is that I have jumped backwards and forwards using Awe and Indie as both mods did different things, I prefer the Awe overall but I needed to populate my town.  I had no problems removing one core mod and replacing another to activate different aspects of my game.

Now that I have both installed (just the most part of Indie) the population has ceased and no new families are arriving.  The rest works fine but I simply am not getting new folk.  I have the settings correct for this action but it does not seem to be working.  I have given it about four hours of game play to settle in but still no new fuglypuds.

kind regards

Ps My game always and I mean always crashes when I make my own sim (more than one) families.  Hence the need for Indie mod. Any idea on that too please?
Thank you

Tenjho
Blathering Buffoon

ENTP. Shall I run now?

View Profile
« Reply #733 on: 2009 July 22, 20:51:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once Indiestone is present in the folder, Awesome automatically turns off any storymode features it has. So you game will always use the indiestone features.

OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #734 on: 2009 July 22, 21:21:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think OpiumGirl is trying to make her households sacred, not trying to switch active households. If that's the case, then she needs to ctrl-click a non-active sim using the currently active sim. You can't ctrl-click the active sim to make it sacred. To be honest, it's easier to just type "bless" into the console box, because doing so blesses the entire active household.

So just to clarify, it's not possible to ctrl-click on the lot in the neighborhood view?  Just via ctrl-clicking on a Sim (which I already know how to do)?  I have no problem typing in "bless" but I want to make sure things are running properly and I wondered if I should have the ability to mark a household via the "edit town" view.  Thanks for the advice.
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #735 on: 2009 July 22, 21:57:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never actually tried making a house sacred from Edit Town, so I don't know if it works, or not. Theoretically, it should work.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #736 on: 2009 July 22, 22:18:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So just to clarify, it's not possible to ctrl-click on the lot in the neighborhood view?  Just via ctrl-clicking on a Sim (which I already know how to do)?  I have no problem typing in "bless" but I want to make sure things are running properly and I wondered if I should have the ability to mark a household via the "edit town" view.  Thanks for the advice.

I just went into the game to try it.  It does not seem to work from Edit Town, however, it does work when you are in the game.  One of your Sims will be selected, you then press "M" to enter Map View and from that vantage point, you can control click on the household tag of the house you want to "bless".  The option "Make Sacred" appears in the pie menu at that point.

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #737 on: 2009 July 22, 23:23:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just went into the game to try it.  It does not seem to work from Edit Town, however, it does work when you are in the game.  One of your Sims will be selected, you then press "M" to enter Map View and from that vantage point, you can control click on the household tag of the house you want to "bless".  The option "Make Sacred" appears in the pie menu at that point.

Ah, awesomeness.  Good to know it's not a problem on my end.  I kept reading "ctrl click on lot" but figured that meant in the "edit town" view.  Thanks, coconnor.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #738 on: 2009 July 23, 07:54:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Duh! I had no idea either! ty fer the tip - am just taking another 20 mins to load, so shall give it a go. When I entered the Sims today, U was tikd my ANm wiyks expire - very kool to alert us to haooenins!

ot - i like your name opiumgirl Grin Grin

Ah, awesomeness.  Good to know it's not a problem on my end.  I kept reading "ctrl click on lot" but figured that meant in the "edit town" view.  Thanks, coconnor.
[/quote]

Are you on drugs?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #739 on: 2009 July 23, 07:57:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I entered the Sims today, U was tikd my ANm wiyks expire - very kool to alert us to haooenins!

Do people not read what they are typing?  How could anyone type that and fail to notice that their right hand had moved off the home keys?

And yet, apparently she did notice because part of the phrase was then typed correctly (apart from the spelling of cool), before she somehow went askew again for only 2 letters in the word that is presumably meant to be "happenings".

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #740 on: 2009 July 23, 08:07:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh god, I thought it was some kewl new 12 slang.   Roll Eyes

You are an excellent idiot-to-English translator Kyna.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #741 on: 2009 July 23, 10:06:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

not everyone learned how to type properly. Believe it or not, not everyone who uses a computer can see either the screen or the keys all the time, but we still like to play with the other kids sometimes too. Other times we stay hidden for fear of  being to oblivious to an awkward mess.
But you manage to read everyone else's posts just fine? Isn't that terrific? Is it only on your posts that the screen is hidden? Or is it just the preview button that is hidden, or perhaps the modify button?

dedust
Asinine Airhead

LÖR LÖR

View Profile
« Reply #742 on: 2009 July 23, 11:00:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Going to post this NAO, as it's been bugging me and apparently many others as well, for a long time.
If there's a fix for this already - do tell. Or else!

Anyway, THE TOMBSTONES. WTF is up with them? They never appear on inactive lots, about 3 of them found their way to the graveyard for managing. Poo.
Awesomemod could save my sorry ass with some kind of "spawn tombstone" etc, so if it's somewhere around, it would magically move and appear near the selected Sim. And then again, if it's one of the mysterious missing ones, it would not be missing! WOO!

Sorry to bother. If this has been discussed, then it's my bad.

Oh oh oh! One more thing. Is the genealogy cheat-type-thingy a hardcoded eaxis poop? I'd like to be able to make grandparents too, seeing as now I can only 'adopt', 'marry', and such. And set siblings. But if there's one generation of missing ghosts and tombstones, I can't even have new aunts or uncles and whatnot. And also it seems like I cannot remove relationships without the sim in question being present.
 Huh

//edit
This could be moved to the requests thread too. I'll just leave it here and crawl slowly away.

You will be baked, and then there will be cake.
dedust
Asinine Airhead

LÖR LÖR

View Profile
« Reply #743 on: 2009 July 23, 12:00:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grandparents are automatically set: mark Sim B as Sim A's parent, then mark Sim C as Sim B's parent. Presto chango: Sim C is the grandparent Sim of Sim A.
Uncles, cousins etc. work the same way: make the normal family connections. To mark Sim D as an uncle of Sim A, just set Sim D as the brother of Sim B.

I know. That was exactly my issue. Both Sim A's parents are dead, no tombstones anywhere, so I can't give them any grandparents. The Sim being added to the family tree must be the selected sim. Which sucks. Or then I'm wrong, which sucks too. Halp  Undecided

dedust
Asinine Airhead

LÖR LÖR

View Profile
« Reply #744 on: 2009 July 23, 16:52:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Found a new glitch/annoyance/something.
When there's a job opportunity involving book reading, my Sims will not automagically go to work the next shift, thus failing the opportunity. This has happened many times now, first I thought it was because of bad mood or other 'normal' causes. Seems like it has something to do with either the new patch, or Awesomemod. Or perhaps the 50% faster reading mod I grabbed from MTS? Go figure. I think I saw someone saying the faster reading mod doesn't work with Awesomemod, though mine seems to work. But this book opportunity failing has to stop Sad

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #745 on: 2009 July 23, 17:36:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of the pedo option -- will non-active sims ever autonomously initiate a pedo interaction if they're loaded on a visible lot?  I don't particularly plan to have my sims go pedo, but I wouldn't mind if the parents had to teach kids not to take candy from strangers so to speak.
Sims should never do so autonomously, and it is not even an option if you don't enable it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Driskoll Xun
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #746 on: 2009 July 23, 18:06:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Regarding UnifiedBilling, are these unselected playables safe from the repoman?  Edit: I am referring to the eventuality of family funds reaching zero.

Regarding EmulateLegacyBossBug, I would only use this so my sims automatically know someone at work.  Would the old cap at level 5 for bosses be adequate in these new situations?  I would like to avoid some unqualified promotions.  

A question about demotions, do demoted sims not start fresh on job performance?  With the number of firings, it seems this is not the case.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 23, 21:32:37 by Driskoll Xun » Logged
Darth_Diclonius
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #747 on: 2009 July 23, 19:37:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a few questions about the pedo interactions.

I have Lostaccount's Teen Woohoo + Pregnancy/Marriage mod (newset version) so should I disable Awesomemod's pedophilia? I ask because I notice some interactions are disabled such as "try for baby" so I'm just wondering if this is a conflict between the two mods or something else.
Tenjho
Blathering Buffoon

ENTP. Shall I run now?

View Profile
« Reply #748 on: 2009 July 23, 20:05:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have Lostaccount's Teen Woohoo + Pregnancy/Marriage mod (newset version) so should I disable Awesomemod's pedophilia? I ask because I notice some interactions are disabled such as "try for baby" so I'm just wondering if this is a conflict between the two mods or something else.

I believe there is an awesomefied version of that, as i'm using a 'teen woohoo/pregenancy/auto woohoo+TFT" mod that works as it is suppose to.

Make sure you have the needed resource.cfg file, because it is suppose to be placed in an override folder to work with awesomemod.

And no, you must have awesomemod's pedophilia enabled for the mod to work.

Darth_Diclonius
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #749 on: 2009 July 23, 20:50:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe there is an awesomefied version of that, as i'm using a 'teen woohoo/pregenancy/auto woohoo+TFT" mod that works as it is suppose to.

Make sure you have the needed resource.cfg file, because it is suppose to be placed in an override folder to work with awesomemod.

And no, you must have awesomemod's pedophilia enabled for the mod to work.

You wouldn't by chance have a link to that would you?

Nevermind I did a search on this site and found the thread. Looking through it now.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 23, 20:57:23 by Darth_Diclonius » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: