More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 18:56:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1722568 times)
uncle
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #700 on: 2009 July 20, 16:33:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can one change the parameters mid game, or do i need to turn the sims off and clear the cache first? (those darn pixelations!)
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #701 on: 2009 July 20, 16:35:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have to exit the game and rerun the config page and save. And I've never cleared the cache once. Ever.

Pescado thinks it's voodoo and I am inclined to agree with him.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #702 on: 2009 July 20, 16:54:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can one change the parameters mid game, or do i need to turn the sims off and clear the cache first? (those darn pixelations!)
I change the configuration mid-game all the time, especially on some stuff I leave off and then want on for a bit (overstuffed houses, debug commands mostly). I've never, not once, cleared the cache. Have fun!
uncle
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #703 on: 2009 July 20, 16:57:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I'll go with your advice (and stop doing it! :S)- and of course the Amazing Pescado! Grin
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #704 on: 2009 July 20, 17:00:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I change the configuration mid-game all the time, especially on some stuff I leave off and then want on for a bit (overstuffed houses, debug commands mostly). I've never, not once, cleared the cache. Have fun!

Really? Hmm, I have never thought to try that. And the new options you set stick without having to restart a new game? Interesting. You learn something new every day! Smiley

OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #705 on: 2009 July 20, 20:51:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How extensive is the "Enable Pedophilia" option in Awesomemod?  Does this replace a "teen woohoo" mod or does it do something else?  I don't have any similar mods so far but have seen them mentioned recently.  What exactly does that option do, and is it enough to avoid needing a "teen woohoo" large scale mod?
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #706 on: 2009 July 20, 20:59:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How extensive is the "Enable Pedophilia" option in Awesomemod?  Does this replace a "teen woohoo" mod or does it do something else?  I don't have any similar mods so far but have seen them mentioned recently.  What exactly does that option do, and is it enough to avoid needing a "teen woohoo" large scale mod?

No, it just removes default EA blocks in place to disable it. You still need an XML mod to get it working. See the Pudding Factory for more info there's a couple of different threads about it and several options and variants there.

Also be aware that Pescado does not allow Pedophilia to go unpunished. Tongue

DeathKitty
Tasty Tourist

Loveless Creature

View Profile
« Reply #707 on: 2009 July 20, 21:57:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Siding that previous pedophilia question... How does that AwesomeJealousy work? I mean does it affect on that pedophilia stuff only or does it have any practical use for adult sim having multiple relationships to other adult sims? I'm very much aware that there are couple mods for polygamy (or bigamy or what ever it wants to be called) but all are core mods and i really don't wanna give up AwesomeMod just for my naughty simgirl to have several boyfriends or husbands.
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #708 on: 2009 July 20, 22:39:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, it just removes default EA blocks in place to disable it. You still need an XML mod to get it working. See the Pudding Factory for more info there's a couple of different threads about it and several options and variants there.

Got ya. I noticed there were a lot of mods for teen woohoo but I never like to use those mods because they almost always end up too bloated and/or complex for me. That may be due to the nature of the function being more difficult to implement, I'm not sure, but I always avoid those kinds of overhaul mods since they tend to come with so many problems as well.

romonster
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #709 on: 2009 July 21, 01:09:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok. I avoided having to post, but guess I have to since I am having a problem. AwesomeMod worked for me in the past no problems. I had to install the game onto another computer and now I can't seem to get it to work. I have the latest version (just downloaded it today). I typed in showconfig and it said unknown. Any advice?
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #710 on: 2009 July 21, 01:53:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you installed the framework correctly?

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
quetzilla
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #711 on: 2009 July 21, 02:01:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of the pedo option -- will non-active sims ever autonomously initiate a pedo interaction if they're loaded on a visible lot?  I don't particularly plan to have my sims go pedo, but I wouldn't mind if the parents had to teach kids not to take candy from strangers so to speak.
romonster
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #712 on: 2009 July 21, 02:17:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed everything just like on the other computer. The Resource.cfg in the sims 3 root and the framework into the game/bin folder. I have the mod folder where awesomemod and a few others go. That's all there is supposed to be right? Been over a month since I had to set it up, so if I forgot something, would appreciate letting me know. /me kicks the old computer for blowing up. Undecided
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #713 on: 2009 July 21, 02:27:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You've set up the Mods\Files directory?

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
romonster
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #714 on: 2009 July 21, 02:32:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The path is program files\electronic arts\sims 3\for resource and then \mods for the mods. I just checked a minute ago and none of my mods are working for some reason. I had backed up my sims stuff when the other computer started acting up. I just moved everything over to this computer from the disc I backed up on. I made sure that I copied the while Sims 3 file onto the disc so I would place everything where it goes. I don't know what happened. Guess I need to take out all mods, and basicly start over on the mod install part, unless anyone has any other ideas.
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #715 on: 2009 July 21, 02:40:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There should be a Packages folder inside the Mods folder. That's where the .package files go.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
romonster
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #716 on: 2009 July 21, 02:51:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks guys...you made me think and look over and over and the blond in me found my problem. I had too many folders (there was the mod folder but in that was another mod folder then the package folder). Guess it cant read that deep into it. Ok I admit, I am a natural blond and I must have had a blond moment there. Thanks again guys!
inthecorner
Retardo Lander

View Profile
« Reply #717 on: 2009 July 21, 06:53:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

how do you uninstall this?

cause i cant download the new patch, and i think it's because of Awesomod

my caplocks button doesn't work.
and my shift button won't capitalise my letters.

okay?
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #718 on: 2009 July 21, 07:59:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is not because of AwesomeMod.  A lot of people (myself included) had no problems downloading and installing the patch with AwesomeMod installed.

The main reason you might run into problems when installing a patch is if your core game files have been edited in some way - but AwesomeMod does not edit the game files themselves.  Since you state that your problem is downloading, not installing, that couldn't be your problem anyway.

That being said: to uninstall the mod, first you need to open up the game, load each of your saved games and make sure that none of your sims are running under SuperCommander.  Close the game.  Remove the mod from the package directory.  The mod has now been uninstalled.  I repeat that this will not fix your problem with downloading the patch.

If you do a search (the search button is up near the top of the page, just under your user info) you'll find there's a thread about the patch and problems people have had with it.  You may find your problem has already been solved in that thread.

BTW, please use capitals appropriately when you post here.  I suggest you read our FAQ (found in the Podium section of the board).

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
inthecorner
Retardo Lander

View Profile
« Reply #719 on: 2009 July 21, 09:15:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is not because of AwesomeMod.  A lot of people (myself included) had no problems downloading and installing the patch with AwesomeMod installed.

The main reason you might run into problems when installing a patch is if your core game files have been edited in some way - but AwesomeMod does not edit the game files themselves.  Since you state that your problem is downloading, not installing, that couldn't be your problem anyway.

That being said: to uninstall the mod, first you need to open up the game, load each of your saved games and make sure that none of your sims are running under SuperCommander.  Close the game.  Remove the mod from the package directory.  The mod has now been uninstalled.  I repeat that this will not fix your problem with downloading the patch.

If you do a search (the search button is up near the top of the page, just under your user info) you'll find there's a thread about the patch and problems people have had with it.  You may find your problem has already been solved in that thread.

BTW, please use capitals appropriately when you post here.  I suggest you read our FAQ (found in the Podium section of the board).

ok thanks for the reply i will try all you said. and i meant installing the game.

btw. my caps locks doesn't work.

okay?
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #720 on: 2009 July 21, 09:29:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shift key works just as well. Roll Eyes No excuses here, soldier!

inthecorner
Retardo Lander

View Profile
« Reply #721 on: 2009 July 21, 09:39:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

as i said in another post. my shift key doesn't work properly and won't capitalise my letters.

okay?
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #722 on: 2009 July 21, 09:42:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

as i said in another post. my shift key doesn't work properly and won't capitalise my letters.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15067.msg460946.html#msg460946

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #723 on: 2009 July 21, 10:04:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just added the Indie Stone package to the Awesomemod tonight. I sent one of my sims to "Writing" under the Supreme Commander. He ran back and forth by the broken laptop in the central park. Finally, he sat down and fixed it, then he ran off to the library to write on one of their computers. Strange thing was, he had a perfectly good laptop in his inventory all the time. I did give him the laptop from his flatmate whilst they were both out of the house, so I don't know if SC picked up that he had one. AM enables transfer from one sim inventory to another, so that's how I made one sim give his laptop to the other.

The other sim, whose SC was set to exercise, then went and hung out in the park beside the now fixed laptop. I might have to edit the park and delete the machine, they seem obsessed with it.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
FaeNinja
Tasty Tourist

Jewish Ninja in Skinny Jeans and Chucks

View Profile
« Reply #724 on: 2009 July 21, 11:17:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been using AwesomeMod since the first week of release
but with this newest build up I have been having random crashes during the loading screen
I have deleted my cache files and tried again....still crashes
If I remove AwesomeMod the game runs fine
....any Ideas on how to get the game working with awesomeMod again?

..I must have the Awesomeness..... Cry
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: