More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 08:45:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1722440 times)
gamegame
Dimwitted Dunce

MOTHER FATHER SON

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #675 on: 2009 July 18, 14:39:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hmm is it possible to "fix" the UI to allow it display more than 8 sim thumbnails? 
femsuii
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #676 on: 2009 July 18, 16:09:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I started playing with the PedoBait and all, but is it normal for Grandpa Pedo to get arrested when he flirts with TeenGirl PedoBait who lives with him (as a roomie) in his own house? I tried three times (without saving, so it was his first 12) and the cops showed up everytime. However, a neighbor who dropped by was allowed to flirt with TeenGirl PedoBait in their (Grandpa Pedo and TeenGirl PedoBait) house and even woohoo and eventually knocking her up. After Grandpa Pedo got back from jail, he could flirt with Cleaning Maid (another roomie; female 12) after she flirted with him. And he even got her pregnant and later on woohoo'd with TeenGirl PedoBait without the cops showing. I tried several other sims but in their own homes the cops never came... only that time with Grandpa Pedo.

Oh, and did Awesomemod change the way the sim hairdye affects the gametes? I haven't tried dyeing anyones hair yet, because I don't want to lose the "form of genetics" we DO have. If not, is there any way it COULD be changed?
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #677 on: 2009 July 18, 19:14:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, and did Awesomemod change the way the sim hairdye affects the gametes? I haven't tried dyeing anyones hair yet, because I don't want to lose the "form of genetics" we DO have. If not, is there any way it COULD be changed?

No and no.
Awesomemod did change skin blending to be better, but nothing else to do with eyes or hair.  In the past, JMP has said it is impractical to implement Mendelian (TS2-style) genetics due to the number of possible colours.
femsuii
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #678 on: 2009 July 18, 19:23:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I got that. I *could* live without the Mendelian genetics, as long as the hair dye could be less carcinogenic. There's no logic in hair dye which affects the gametes... you dye your hair for a change or because you don't like the colour or whatever, not so that your spawn will get those genes  Undecided
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #679 on: 2009 July 18, 20:45:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All you have to do is change the spawns hair color to the color it 'should' be and that will change it's genes.  It's so easy to change that I'm not sure why some people make a big deal about it.
LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #680 on: 2009 July 19, 10:32:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd moved out a couple from my main house, and the very next day, my playables get the want for a grandchild fulfilled. I check the family tree, and their daughter has spawned a son named Igor, but the baby has no relation to her husband. I thought Awesomemod would prevent this, or am I doing it wrong?

Did you move the pregnant woman, or her parents? That's not quite clear to me from your description.

This is so in my game as well -- when a pregnant sim moves house, the family ties to the father are cut. The only solution I know about is to not move. I haven't tested what happens when you'd only move the father. It is rather annoying that the game does nothing to prevent this, since to me it's not always immediately obvious whether or not a sim is pregnant =/

In my current game I have moved 3 pregnant sims, all show the proper ties to the father in the family tree. This is my legacy game, moving the extra daughters out after I knock them up. Fathers all live on other lots to begin with. I have a few move of these coming up in the next few days, I'll keep an eye out for lost family links.
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #681 on: 2009 July 19, 15:32:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This also happened to one of my sims when the father died. She also later moved out (totally disappeared) from the hood, WITH the newborn baby. I rescued her back from another save. Awesome Mod was installed when this happened.
knightguy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #682 on: 2009 July 19, 18:46:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

is there a trick to the "plant anywhere" feature?  it says it enabled but i seem but only be able to plant stuff on the home lot?  Huh

To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #683 on: 2009 July 20, 04:11:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

is there a trick to the "plant anywhere" feature?  it says it enabled but i seem but only be able to plant stuff on the home lot?  Huh
I've been wondering this as well.  It never works for me; I just get a red sqare that tells me the seed can't be placed there.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #684 on: 2009 July 20, 05:16:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm coming in late to the party, and with the RLD->RZR version it's hanging up on that cz help file... but the uploads earlier in the thread have been taken down. I'm really not looking forward to redownloading the whole damn game.
JBoat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #685 on: 2009 July 20, 05:27:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I reported this as a bug around a week ago, followed up with a reminder and request for status or acknowledgment.  No idea if it's even been looked at - none of my sims can plant anywhere other than the active house lot.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #686 on: 2009 July 20, 10:29:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It should be working now. What is wrong with it?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
knightguy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #687 on: 2009 July 20, 11:42:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i get a red square if i try to plant anywhere but the active house lot

i even redownload the awesomemod to make sure i had the most current version

To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Lisen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #688 on: 2009 July 20, 12:02:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I can plant on community lots but not take care of the plant so I don't see the reason for planting?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #689 on: 2009 July 20, 12:29:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, found the corner case that was causing it to sometimes not appear. Will be fixed in the next version coming Real Soon Now.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #690 on: 2009 July 20, 13:41:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah the thing with planting on a lot that isn't yours is it's kind of a cheap exploit because you never have to take care of the plant but can still regularly harvest it. In fact, in my experience it continues to be harvestable every day and never dies.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #691 on: 2009 July 20, 14:01:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah the thing with planting on a lot that isn't yours is it's kind of a cheap exploit because you never have to take care of the plant but can still regularly harvest it. In fact, in my experience it continues to be harvestable every day and never dies.
To be fair, plants don't exactly die easily to begin with, and planting on ANY lot has this, because when you are playing ANOTHER sim, they are once again plants on another lot that can be freely raided without penalty. As plants are always outdoors, there is never ANYTHING stopping you from garden-raiding anyone you want. At least this way, you can create community gardens, which would otherwise be impossible, leaving you stuck with only the crappy EA-made versions.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #692 on: 2009 July 20, 14:12:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well it would be nice if the computer controlled sims could take care of their own damned plants on their lots, at least the ones they planted, and that the parks would have a gardener type person who did, and anything you planted you would be on your own to take car of, but I hardly expect such efficient behavior from sims.

Anyway, many plants do just fine without human intervention, after all they have been here a lot longer than we have! I guess the plant lives forever thing bugs me a bit but eh, I'll deal or I just won't plan on lots that aren't mine.

uncle
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #693 on: 2009 July 20, 15:31:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1st - i looked. I couldn't seem to find another who has asked as assinine a question as mine, And, I'm already having a bad day, as many hours of simming din't save;so please be gentle ..

<coughs nervously cos she has seen the wolves attack and go up in flames here!>

How do I know whether awesome mod is working? Is there a diff thing on the screen? I saw the Supreme Commander screenshot ... but have failed to find any thing else ......

thanks in advance?

Gurl Heroin

vikitty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #694 on: 2009 July 20, 15:41:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try typing "showconfig".

SupComm needs to be enabled in the Config file as it's experimental.

With SupComm, you can control + click on your Sim to bring up the SupComm option, which appears as something like a job tone in the upper-left corner with your macro choices (ie skilling, collecting, idling).

Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #695 on: 2009 July 20, 15:52:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@gurl heroin

Don't worry, I thought the exact same thing! Follow vikitty's advice and you should be sorted  Wink

Oh, and the people that get flamed are normally very arrogant and very demanding n00bs. You're not, so don't be so scared  Tongue

uncle
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #696 on: 2009 July 20, 15:58:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thanks Vilkitty and Georgette ..

'nother dense one - where do i type that?
I typed show config in start (Vista - blch!) and in the cheat window and nuthin

thanks so much for answering so quickly! I am trying to get it fixed up so my daughter can play the Stickers family without affecting our Stamps family Cheesy
uncle
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #697 on: 2009 July 20, 16:02:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

The durn puters and their need fer exactness! I inadvertedly inserted a space!

So it is working now?
vikitty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #698 on: 2009 July 20, 16:16:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If ShowConfig popped up a bunch of windows, then yes, AM is installed. You can configure it further using the online config generator in the AM DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL thread.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #699 on: 2009 July 20, 16:20:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A really quick way to tell is to tell a sim to run here and then queue up something else. If the running part doesn't cancel then awesomemod (and specifically the manual navigation feature) is working.

Also if you can satisfy a want that is not locked but in the window above awesomemod is working. etc. There's a bunch of ways to tell really.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: