More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 23:07:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1731641 times)
shelzj
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #650 on: 2009 July 16, 17:51:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Def will give it another try! I may have overlooked it because I was assuming I would see the face pop up on the left... sorry.
kittie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #651 on: 2009 July 16, 19:39:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It only moves from one sim to the next that are already showing on the left.
Keep hitting SPACE. SPACE just toggles down the line. Eventually you will get to her. Now, you aren't going to see her icon on the far left. You will see her below, with all her widget panels. The fastest way I've found is to click on the sim icon shown on the torp left and hit SPACE once.

I just right click on a sim and it selects them o.o
dakakata
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #652 on: 2009 July 16, 19:48:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

what the hell is a Enable12Woohoo? is it 12 kinds of position woohoo or wat?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #653 on: 2009 July 16, 21:32:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It only moves from one sim to the next that are already showing on the left.
Keep hitting SPACE. SPACE just toggles down the line. Eventually you will get to her. Now, you aren't going to see her icon on the far left. You will see her below, with all her widget panels. The fastest way I've found is to click on the sim icon shown on the torp left and hit SPACE once.

I just right click on a sim and it selects them o.o
I always forget about the wrong-click thing. SPACE is easier when they are out of sight.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
rubenm
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #654 on: 2009 July 17, 00:34:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My mother is having a problem with her game right now. She starts it up and its really slow normal speed, speed 2 and speed 3 go the same speed. It sometimes fixes after five minutes or so  and there's other times that it wont fix at all.

Also she is having problems with lifetime point items. She would buy one and the next day she would play it the item would become a black square she has to buy it again. Can someone help please? Thank you
geekgirl
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #655 on: 2009 July 17, 00:47:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Be a good child and patch your momma's game for her. See if that fixes anything.

rubenm
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #656 on: 2009 July 17, 01:02:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the patch EA released you mean? We already did and I updated her awesomemod since she said it gave her a message saying hers was about to expire. It didnt seem to work either. Any ideas tho
geekgirl
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #657 on: 2009 July 17, 01:06:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does she have an older processor or not enough RAM? Sims 2 was very very slow for me during the last few months of my ancient and venerable shitty computer's life, and it sped right up to normal when I built my shiny new computer.  Have you tried setting all the graphics/performance options to low? It will not be as pretty but might be faster. Turning off story progression may help a little if the slowdown is mostly at night.

rubenm
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #658 on: 2009 July 17, 01:14:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

we bought a new laptop for it for her and it was working excellent i just dont know what happen i dont know if it was CC she downloaded or awesomemod. We download from Mod The Sims sometimes. We both have awesomemod but on my laptop it works perfectly fine. Shes the one having this slowness problem
janinechloe
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #659 on: 2009 July 17, 01:28:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try removing all the hacks/mods and play see if there is any difference. If all else fails try reinstalling and patching the game.
Rainne
Dimwitted Dunce

Oh, fuck.

View Profile
« Reply #660 on: 2009 July 17, 04:40:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Let me preface this post by saying that I freely admit to being clueless and non-tech-savvy, so I hereby open myself up for excoriation if the answer to my question should turn out to be something simple.

That said, I am at a loss as to the "bless" and "radar tracking" features of AwesomeMod.  Can anyone give me a brief explanation of what they are and how or why I should use them?  Thanks!

<br />Probably because you suck.<br />
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #661 on: 2009 July 17, 05:05:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You shouldn't. These aren't the droids you're looking for. Move along now.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
asciident
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #662 on: 2009 July 17, 05:54:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And if you want to disregard Pescado anyway, you should maybe read the first page of this thread.

asciident / realrobotica
Enelen
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #663 on: 2009 July 17, 17:26:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone here knows if the babyboom cheat will spawn random babies or will it create them with the genetics of the existing families they are spawned into? I'm afraid I'm well on the way to a retirement camp,too... Sad Or is there a shortcut (short of the Indie mod) to make them marry/get pregnant without the whole socialization madness, so that I could pair up my townies quickly? The existing families got some babies in the beginning, but the grown up kids don't seem to want to marry anyone...
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #664 on: 2009 July 17, 18:28:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone here knows if the babyboom cheat will spawn random babies or will it create them with the genetics of the existing families they are spawned into? I'm afraid I'm well on the way to a retirement camp,too... Sad Or is there a shortcut (short of the Indie mod) to make them marry/get pregnant without the whole socialization madness, so that I could pair up my townies quickly? The existing families got some babies in the beginning, but the grown up kids don't seem to want to marry anyone...
They are completely random babies... and the cheat isn't a part of Awesomemod... It is an EA hack that is unsupported.  The babies will be completely unrelated to anyone in the household and will not share the genetics with anyone either.
Solmyr
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #665 on: 2009 July 17, 19:28:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What does the "spawn (count)" command do exactly? Does it just spawn randomly generated homeless sims around town?

On that note, is it possible to force homeless families to move into a house instead of existing in limbo?
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #666 on: 2009 July 17, 19:54:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

is it possible to force homeless families to move into a house instead of existing in limbo?

Short answer is yes, long answer is it's complicated.

Shannonng wrote a tutorial to do it here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15885.0.html

However, for some of us that is not working even when we've given enough funds to the families and there is enough available housing.

Zazazu has suggested a cruder and more complicated sort of brute force method of doing it here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15885.msg458485.html#msg458485 but I have not bothered to resort to going through all that so far.

As of yet neither Awesomemod nor Indie Stone is particularly good in my experience in dealing with homeless problem, though you can always use the preferred Pescado method of just nuking them all with "destroyalltownies" Tongue

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Rainne
Dimwitted Dunce

Oh, fuck.

View Profile
« Reply #667 on: 2009 July 17, 22:02:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And if you want to disregard Pescado anyway, you should maybe read the first page of this thread.

Well, I did that, but all it says is "storymode protection".  Unless I am misunderstanding, I would assume that would stop them from being killed on a bus, moved out, etc. etc... all of which are things that awesomemod does already.  So... I'm confused.

<br />Probably because you suck.<br />
mikrokitty
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #668 on: 2009 July 18, 01:51:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't get 'droptrait Technophobe' to work... tried it with lowercase, tried some possible incorrect spellings...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #669 on: 2009 July 18, 01:52:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Internally, the Technophobe trait is called "AntiTV".

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
mikrokitty
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #670 on: 2009 July 18, 01:53:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the quick response Smiley
ZeKat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #671 on: 2009 July 18, 09:05:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Parthenogenesis woes: I'm always playing with the newest version of Awesomemod, but I still had a single-parented baby spawn suddenly.

I'd moved out a couple from my main house, and the very next day, my playables get the want for a grandchild fulfilled. I check the family tree, and their daughter has spawned a son named Igor, but the baby has no relation to her husband. I thought Awesomemod would prevent this, or am I doing it wrong?

Edit: Aging was off.
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #672 on: 2009 July 18, 11:28:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

but the baby has no relation to her husband. I thought Awesomemod would prevent this, or am I doing it wrong?

Did he have a father at all or it just wasn't the husband? There is that thing called marital affair which would have nothing to do with parthenogenesis.
pbox
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #673 on: 2009 July 18, 11:40:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd moved out a couple from my main house, and the very next day, my playables get the want for a grandchild fulfilled. I check the family tree, and their daughter has spawned a son named Igor, but the baby has no relation to her husband. I thought Awesomemod would prevent this, or am I doing it wrong?

Did you move the pregnant woman, or her parents? That's not quite clear to me from your description.

This is so in my game as well -- when a pregnant sim moves house, the family ties to the father are cut. The only solution I know about is to not move. I haven't tested what happens when you'd only move the father. It is rather annoying that the game does nothing to prevent this, since to me it's not always immediately obvious whether or not a sim is pregnant =/
ZeKat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #674 on: 2009 July 18, 13:36:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did he have a father at all or it just wasn't the husband? There is that thing called marital affair which would have nothing to do with parthenogenesis.
I still had a single-parented baby spawn suddenly.
No father at all. Thus why I called it parthenogenesis and was mystified.

Did you move the pregnant woman, or her parents? That's not quite clear to me from your description.

This is so in my game as well -- when a pregnant sim moves house, the family ties to the father are cut. The only solution I know about is to not move. I haven't tested what happens when you'd only move the father. It is rather annoying that the game does nothing to prevent this, since to me it's not always immediately obvious whether or not a sim is pregnant =/

Well, I don't remember getting her pregnant before they moved... However, if we assume Awesomemod is awesome, then I must be unawesome, and probably got her pregnant and just forgot about it. In that case, it's just a combination of Eaxis phail and personal phail. I will assume this is what happened. Thanks.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: