More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:05:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1722545 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #600 on: 2009 July 13, 18:58:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's nothing that was added to any of the things that you claim are crashing, so if you're crashing, it's probably due to overheat issues. CAS is a known cause of overheating.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #601 on: 2009 July 13, 19:41:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's nothing that was added to any of the things that you claim are crashing, so if you're crashing, it's probably due to overheat issues. CAS is a known cause of overheating.

Just the CAS? Hell, the whole game in general is.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Bagfran
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #602 on: 2009 July 13, 20:46:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Before posting here I checked through the whole of this thread and other related threads, and whilst I did see a similar issue reported, there was nothing that exactly matched the Awesomemod/game problem I seem to be having.

Yes, without Awesomemod I am indeed experiencing the same problem with my game as many other people, i.e. virtually all the sims in my neighbourhood goofing off work and hanging out at the beach instead (and frankly, who can blame them?), and getting fired as a result. But, with Awesomemod installed I think the issue is slightly different. If you will please bear with me, I will try to explain.

Let me start by saying I am using the most recent version of Awesomemod, with the vanilla configuration, and that I have not used Supreme Commander or any of the cheat box stuff; I just let the mod do its own thing in the background and don't interfere.

OK, as far as I can see, as well as retaining wishes and opportunities when a household is not active, Awesomemod also saves the sims' motives (hunger, energy, etc.); I've noticed that I can leave a household and come back some time later to find that the sims' motives have changed very little, if at all, even if they have supposedly been sleeping, eating, etc. during that time. So, for example, I can leave a household after tucking them up in bed for the night and come back the next morning to find that although time has passed and they have supposedly been sleeping all the while, they are still just as tired as when they went to bed!

The inevitable consequence is that if one or more of the motives is saved when very low, and if by some miracle the sim actually goes to work of their own accord, then their performance will be poor and they will be fired anyway...at least this is what seems to be happening in my game anyway.

So, I suppose I am asking two questions:

1) is this to be expected with Awesomemod, and do I just have to live with it, or in a future version could there perhaps be an option to allow motives in an inactive household to change appropriately (i.e. energy to increase at night, hunger to decrease at mealtimes, as in the unmodded game) whilst wishes/opportunities are still retained;

2) would it be possible to eventually provide a fix to the very annoying (EA-derived) problem of a lack of work ethic amongst the townie community, please? Cheesy
« Last Edit: 2009 July 13, 21:08:29 by Bagfran » Logged
rubenm
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #603 on: 2009 July 13, 20:49:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure if this has happen to anyone else but
I tried to save my game last night and it would spun for about a minute or two and give me an
error telling me to read the readme file and tried to save it again and the game crashed.
I then loaded up sims 3 again a saw that my saved file had now become corrupted.
What the hell happen?
wendylady
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #604 on: 2009 July 13, 20:57:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello wile reading the Buggednesses Thread, some one made note of the code "Babyboom"

After using forceMovein to move in homeless sims, I used Babyboom to add some children to my Legacy neighbourhood. All worked fine but I now have 9 Sims in my household and there are only thumbnails for 8 of them.

The one who does not show is the oldest sim in the household. He has reached the end of his lifespan but he's sticking around for a bit as they do; it is very irritating not having a thumbnail for him even though I have been letting him run on freewill most of the time.

I suppose further thumbnails are not enabled and will not be until there is an EP that includes "Pet/Visitor/Roommate" type household members.

I looked in the awesome mod notes and here yet find no note about it. Can some one fill me in on more about how this works please. Such as,  does it only give couple's of age a baby or any female of child bearing age?
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #605 on: 2009 July 13, 21:07:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no idea if this was caused by AwesomeMod or not, but my sims no longer have the option in City Hall to change their names. I've switched families, and it's the same for all of them. It worked fine until rather recently. Because of this, I've had to resort to using editsim to change names of sims. While I was at it, I did make a few tweaks to sims that were born in game (like changing a blonde haired, green eyed sim born to two parents with black hair and brown eyes so he looked more like he should have) and changing a few of the traits the game assigned them while I was away from the family. One sim, though, was born kind of fat, even though his parents are both skinny, so I changed his body to skinny with some muscle. But after I finished in CAS, he was right back to his old body. I tried it again, with the same results. Every other thing I've changed through editsim has stuck, but this won't. Is this how it's supposed to be? I've now gone to having him exercise everyday after school (he's a 12) but his body shape won't change at all. I'm guessing that the genetics in this game don't work properly because I've had lots of sims with hair & eye colors that neither parent has and body shapes way different from their parents.
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #606 on: 2009 July 13, 21:24:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello wile reading the Buggednesses Thread, some one made note of the code "Babyboom"

I looked in the awesome mod notes and here yet find no note about it. Can some one fill me in on more about how this works please. Such as,  does it only give couple's of age a baby or any female of child bearing age?
From memory (not at my game machine right now).  Type "help" in the cheat window to see what the cheat does.  Explanation: add 1 baby and 1 toddler to each household.

One sim, though, was born kind of fat, even though his parents are both skinny, so I changed his body to skinny with some muscle. But after I finished in CAS, he was right back to his old body. I tried it again, with the same results. Every other thing I've changed through editsim has stuck, but this won't. Is this how it's supposed to be? I've now gone to having him exercise everyday after school (he's a 12) but his body shape won't change at all. I'm guessing that the genetics in this game don't work properly because I've had lots of sims with hair & eye colors that neither parent has and body shapes way different from their parents.
Known issue.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 13, 21:29:55 by Mootilda » Logged

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
smokeverbs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #607 on: 2009 July 13, 22:20:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Going to go back to the previous version of AWE mod and see if my townies spawn again as they did before.

kind regards

There are no previous versions of Awesomemod.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #608 on: 2009 July 13, 22:25:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well there actually are but Pescado doesn't keep them hosted. I'm sure plenty of people have them sitting around on their hard drives though.

spammer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #609 on: 2009 July 13, 23:52:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi there..

Is it possible to show a list of all traits of a specific sim?
Just like this: showtraits [sim]

thanks in advance
itskenrs
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #610 on: 2009 July 14, 01:18:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am so annoyed about the selling of books. My sim writes a book, and its not for sale in the store. Why? It even became a best seller, but no one can buy it, only read it in the library. I guess this is core modding?

You arn't by any chance running a mod that affects books are you?  I'm having the same issue, but I'm 98% sure that before I added a mod to increase writing speed my books used to show up in the book store, haven't seen a book in the store since.  Didn't really look any further into it since my sim didn't get any extra cash from the bookstore sales, and I prefered the faster writing speed. (2% probability that I dreamed the whole thing)

...so I changed his body to skinny with some muscle. But after I finished in CAS, he was right back to his old body. I tried it again, with the same results. Every other thing I've changed through editsim has stuck, but this won't. Is this how it's supposed to be?....

From the download page:
7.  "editsim <SIM NAME>": As above. EXPERIMENTAL and UNSUPPORTED.
     Can edit facial features and favorites. Do not attempt to change a sim's
     weight, age, or traits using this command. No support will be provided
     for this command: YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN!

Hi there..

thanks in advance

mmmmm... Oh.. well... you could either have your sim "Really" get to know the sim you are curious about.... or you could do what I do... CTRL Click said sim - Select said sim - Learn what braingoopy stuff I needed - CTRL click - select my original sim - and continue on my merry way after makeing a mental note to NOT let my sim breed with the one I just checked out.  Generally takes bout 15 seconds... (unless I decide to screw with selected sim - then it could take me awhile) IMHO much easier than going to command line mode.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 14, 01:36:37 by itskenrs » Logged
Telamond
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #611 on: 2009 July 14, 02:34:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any way to tell if my households has been blessed or not? The FAQ mentioned something about a halo, but I'm unsure how it looks like.
Wolfeyes
Furry Yifftard
Retardo Lander

INFJ - 7, Very "F"

View Profile
« Reply #612 on: 2009 July 14, 02:39:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey Telamond,

When you look at your houses that have been "blessed" from the Map View... all the ones that are blessed will have a yellow icon instead of the blue or w/e game colored one... so this is just one way to ascertain whether or not you've already blessed a house or not...   Grin

"Life is not about surviving the storms but rather how to dance in the rain" ~

Luther Vandross ~ Forever, For Always, For Love ~ 2005

Genius - Flirty - Friendly - Good Sense of Humor - Great Kisser ~
Telamond
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #613 on: 2009 July 14, 03:14:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the help!
^^ It's a bit of a lime-green, chartreuse kind of colour, but I guess it's a bit yellowish as well.
Is there a way to specify a specific household if they all have the same surname?
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #614 on: 2009 July 14, 03:18:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@loopsydoo and others: In order to sell sim-written novels to the bookstore, they have to be in the sim's personal inventory. After a sim writes a novel, the novel gets delivered in the mail the next day. The sim can then take it from the mailbox and sell it to the bookstore, and then the bookstore can sell it. I haven't done this since installing AwesomeMod, so something may have changed, but I don't know why AM would alter it, so it should work.
Tried this, have yet to see the books show up in the bookstore's stock. Currently have AwesomeMod installed, figured I was doing something wrong and got sidetracked before testing on a new game without AM.

I tried this a long time ago, pre-Awesomemod, and it didn't work.  I was starting to wonder whether I was crazy or what, reading of people doing this successfully, so I'm relieved to find at least one person who has been unsuccessful.

I just tried this, and it's broken for me, now, too. I suspect that the patch may have broken it. That, or my memory is phail. I could swear that it worked at one time, though.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
spammer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #615 on: 2009 July 14, 07:37:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi there..

thanks in advance

mmmmm... Oh.. well... you could either have your sim "Really" get to know the sim you are curious about.... or you could do what I do... CTRL Click said sim - Select said sim - Learn what braingoopy stuff I needed - CTRL click - select my original sim - and continue on my merry way after makeing a mental note to NOT let my sim breed with the one I just checked out.  Generally takes bout 15 seconds... (unless I decide to screw with selected sim - then it could take me awhile) IMHO much easier than going to command line mode.

Uhm... well thanks for the answer...
The sim I want to know the traits of is my own sim. The reason I underlined the "all" was meant to say that I wanted to know all the traits of my sim. Not only the 5 I'm able to select myself.
I'm speaking of the invisible traits as well. Like the "Rocker" or "Can Sneak" etc
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #616 on: 2009 July 14, 08:18:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I wish for, is that the books you write automagically shows in the bookstore list, no selling-books-to-store needed. You really sold the book to the publisher, didn't you? Who heard of a writer having to peddle his books at each store also. And they show in library, so why not in the store? Silly EA.
While writing wishing list on this theme, I'll add a Supreme Commander function to order them to write books. As titles are given, I would like to assign one ore more simmies to create books for the hood.
Posting this in request thread also, as it is probably more appropriate there - even if the discussion started here.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #617 on: 2009 July 14, 13:26:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has already been done, will be an option in the next version.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
loopsydoo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #618 on: 2009 July 14, 13:45:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Going to go back to the previous version of AWE mod and see if my townies spawn again as they did before.

kind regards

Hello

Whenever I change something dramatic on my pc I always copy the file or files to be changed to another hard drive.  It comes from experience of having many games either improved or actually made worse by updates.  So I keep the changed files in a safe place so I can simply revert back if need be.

Having said that I have not done it yet as I wanted to test the latest version with a clean hood.  Perhaps it was having trouble with changing an already established well played hood.

It is a fantastic mod, I love it but unfortunately I have elders... elders...and  elders again and no new spawns, not even with the three merge choices set to disabled.  I have the story messages enabled so I can read the story mode events but it simply states a new family has been created but they are nowhere to be found.  They are not merged with existing families and are not working in jobs whilst being homeless.  The messages state so and so have baby to so and so but 'so and so' are not anywhere in my hood either.

For instance we always get Lee Chung (or Chung Lee) after a while of playing Riverview.  He spawns, merges with another house and lives his life.   The same with a female called Cherry something and another teen called Lydia Pearl.  Well now they never turn up but the story mode states at 1.am....'so and so have baby to chung'.  This happens repeatedly, someone have baby to Chung but there is no Chung, nor the female who is supposed to have the baby.  All these new familiar (from previous pre mod games) townies simply do not arrive in my hood anymore.
I am so torn between having and not having the Awe Mod as it cures so many other nasty bits such as the baby spawn and make sacred etc.  I have tried to fill the hood myself with selfmade sims but this seems to make my game crash to desktop every single time.  I clear the caches but it still crashes upon new selfmades.  I know this is voodoo but it does not happen if I refrain from making selfmades to fill my hood.

My other option is to turn aging off so that I do not end up with many elders but that is kind of boring, I like to see the changing faces and new sims as time marches on.

EA may have severly shortened the longevity of S3 as we cannot tailor make our own hoods anymore as we could in S2.  Making our hoods how we like it is what gave S2 the choice of different game play styles.  This version simply wants us to live virtual lives, get up, work, eat, reproduce and die.  Its going to get pretty boring very quickly if we cannot easily play a different way as we always could in S2 with the pick and choice of mods we liked.  Rumors for the first Ep is about Vacation, I hope not, a bit fed up with pretty trees and pretty houses and pretty this and that.  Give us a dirty city containing livable tower blocks with night clubs and bars and risky areas that are a no go at night etc.  Something different, if I see another pretty tree I will be sick.

Oops babbled on a bit here, sorry.

Kind regards
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #619 on: 2009 July 14, 13:54:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I do think Pescado is rather extreme in his stringent requirements for home ownership. If the Story Mode actually worked well and sims went to work when they should and actually accumulated funds, and heaven help them, maybe even did things in their spare time like write and paint and grow plants and play money for tips etc then it wouldn't be such a problem because they could at least afford a starter home in not much time. However I think more and more it's come to light that the Story Mode EA created is pretty much fuct and they used so many shortcuts, cheats and bandaids it's not even funny.

Meh, I wish he'd at least make an option for the awesomemode config to give them a damned handout. Yes, yes I know it's against every fiber in his being, but the EAian story mode system is stacking the deck against those sims with it's stupidity and craptacularness and it's making the sim dream of home ownership near impossible. Tongue

Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #620 on: 2009 July 14, 14:01:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want to move homeless Sims into the neighborhood, give them enough of a handout with familyfunds so that they can afford one of the existing houses.  To keep the neighborhood growing, it helps to have a supply of low cost homes available.  I've been going in once each day (real time) and building starter homes with 3 beds and the basics and have gotten pretty good at keeping it below 16K, so that even single Sims can move in.  Story Progression, by EAxian design (if not intent) can be slow to make things happen, so you may have to exert some of your godliness over the neighborhood at large and move them into bigger houses occasionally to keep the starter homes clear for newcomers.

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #621 on: 2009 July 14, 14:04:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree about the elders.  My town has all elders.  If I take my YA anywhere there is no one to talk to but elders.  They do die a lot.  I took him to the public pool yesterday and, of course, elders everywhere.  I watched as the Grim Reaper came twice to take two of them while swimming.  

Took him to the restaurant and the Grim Reaper showed up there to take another.

Doesn't the game generate new families?  Where do they go if it does?  Every night everybody in the entire neighborhood moves out.  I run storyprogression move in but the next night they all move again.  I'm getting so sick of elders.  I think I will kill them all off and make all new families.
Lisen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #622 on: 2009 July 14, 14:18:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried to save my game last night and it would spun for about a minute or two and give me an
error telling me to read the readme file and tried to save it again and the game crashed.
I then loaded up sims 3 again a saw that my saved file had now become corrupted.
What the hell happen?

I have exactly the same problem!
mikrokitty
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #623 on: 2009 July 14, 14:26:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What the hell happen?

I have exactly the same problem!

was it error code 12?
the deductive powers on another site have concluded that gremlins are the cause.

I updated video drivers and bios and cleaned dust from my case and heatsink, and am no longer experiencing that.

I have my own question. Well, questions. When updating awesomemod, do I simply need to let it overwrite the previous version? Also, do I need to do anything with the separate config file?

btw, since installing the config file a couple days ago... no more loading crashes. yay.
pbox
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #624 on: 2009 July 14, 14:43:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am so annoyed about the selling of books. My sim writes a book, and its not for sale in the store. Why? It even became a best seller, but no one can buy it, only read it in the library. I guess this is core modding?

You arn't by any chance running a mod that affects books are you?  I'm having the same issue, but I'm 98% sure that before I added a mod to increase writing speed my books used to show up in the book store, haven't seen a book in the store since.  Didn't really look any further into it since my sim didn't get any extra cash from the bookstore sales, and I prefered the faster writing speed. (2% probability that I dreamed the whole thing)

All tuning for the writing speed (pages per minute, lennghts of books, bonuses for power writers etc pp) is in the "Writing" resource, which has nothing to do with the bookstore (that's tuned with an entirely different resource, named "Bookstore"). So if what you have there is one of the usual "go faster" mods, it won't affect anything bookstore-related.

For all I know, Bookstore is fed by a static list of titles which do not include sim-written books. I believe JMP said he'd fix this with a future awsomemod edition.

Another book-related observation: I realise that the "stealing books from library" thing has apparently already been fixed, but one thing I observed in my own game is that any books *on the floor* are being nuked at some time during the night in inactive households. I believe the game thinks they're trash? This may contribute to the disappearing books issue that some people have seen (what if someone tries to put back a book, can't do it or some reason, and drops it on the floor instead?), and is also something I would like to see changed if it hasn't already -- books for toddlers, for example, have to be on the floor for the toddlers to be able to read them in their own, and also .. well, just because a book is on the floor that doesn't mean it's worthless.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 14, 15:20:27 by pbox » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: