More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 18:02:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 5 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1722564 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #575 on: 2009 July 13, 05:13:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far, AwesomeMod has not attempted to address story mode at all, other than to prevent it from doing illegal things. That is planned for the future.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
smokeverbs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #576 on: 2009 July 13, 10:34:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims don't really benefit in any way from having cash on hand. Without the player to SPEND it, they have no means of using it for anything, since sims cannot buy or place their own furniture. Even if they were allowed to do so, they'd have no idea how to arrange it and would probably wall themselves in with it. So all they can really use is the lot, and unless you put them on macro control, they don't even benefit from that, really.

Then is there a way to stop them from autonomously "Going Shopping"? They don't buy anything, they can't use anything, so what the fuck?
loopsydoo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #577 on: 2009 July 13, 10:50:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello BioHazard

I have the same problem.  I have all elders in my town that simply refuse to die, they seem to last forever.  I have all of Awe mod defaults enabled that are to do with merges and no one gets out alive etc.  Shortening the elders life span would be a Godsend.

But now I have a ghost town with no children, one or two adults and no teens.  I will simply have to delete the town and start again or make many selfmade sims to add manually.

Let me add hastily that I would not play the game without the Awe mod even with this happening as the other features it cures are essential to my gameplay enjoyment.  

I had the original mod and the townies spawned nicely filling my hood well but as I have updated the mod and the config the spawning has completely stopped.  The job areas are nearly empty, another words co workers are one or two elders instead of four adults as before.  That applies to all careers, there is simply not enough townies to fill them.

I am going to allow random merges in this town just before I delete it to see if that cures the problem.

I stress again, I would rather add townies manually than do without this mod as it is the best thing since the wheel invention...lol

kind regards
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #578 on: 2009 July 13, 11:05:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry to say - installed the last version of the awesome mod and got the following issues:

no one seems to move autonomously - it is almost like free will is partially off.
Aging off option got greyed - I cannot change it even if I want, so it is stucked in aging off.
Sims are getting stucked everywhere - when I visit a community lot there are Sims stuck in the swimming-pool or sat on a chair and do not move. I pass the mouse over them and it says "SimX is at work right now and cannot be disturbed".
I visit a household and no one there makes any movement, they just stop and stare the ground. Babies cry, get dirty, hungry and no one on the visited lot moves.
I send my Sims home and zoom in community lots and the stuck sims are still exactly in the same position.

They are issues related to the awesome mod. I took it out and everything went back to normal.
One good news is that I made one of my Sims pregnant using the more than 8 option and by taking the mod out I was afraid she would abort expontaneously. Moved her out to another house and she was still pregnant, though she had an option for "Try for Baby".

What I'm missing from the mod:
No Parthenogenesis and no spawn babies when aging is off.
The rest I can live with. I have the game DVD.
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #579 on: 2009 July 13, 11:24:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Regarding the moving out with 0 simoleans issue, if you use the "Split household" action from Edit Town mode (by clicking on the household's house icon and selecting the Split action) instead of the Move option on their phones, the sim(s) that move out get a portion of the household money with them. At least that's how it's worked for me, I don't know if there is some reason people are not using this or mentioning it as an option.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #580 on: 2009 July 13, 11:37:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then is there a way to stop them from autonomously "Going Shopping"? They don't buy anything, they can't use anything, so what the fuck?
That just do that to look like they're moving around doing something lively. Otherwise the town would look rather dead. It's a harmless activity that doesn't interfere with your active sims in any way.

no one seems to move autonomously - it is almost like free will is partially off.
Define "move autonomously"?

Aging off option got greyed - I cannot change it even if I want, so it is stucked in aging off.
Sims are getting stucked everywhere - when I visit a community lot there are Sims stuck in the swimming-pool or sat on a chair and do not move. I pass the mouse over them and it says "SimX is at work right now and cannot be disturbed".
These things are things that happen even in the normal EAxis game, so they're not intrinsic to AwesomeMod.

I visit a household and no one there makes any movement, they just stop and stare the ground. Babies cry, get dirty, hungry and no one on the visited lot moves.
I send my Sims home and zoom in community lots and the stuck sims are still exactly in the same position.
Again, much of that is normal EA behavior, the game does not "Activate" many sims that are not part of the active house unless the game wants to use them. I will check to make sure nothing is specifically freezing them, but most of what you describe is part of the normal seamlessly disconnected neighborhood.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #581 on: 2009 July 13, 11:56:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am so annoyed about the selling of books. My sim writes a book, and its not for sale in the store. Why? It even became a best seller, but no one can buy it, only read it in the library. I guess this is core modding?
wycked
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #582 on: 2009 July 13, 12:25:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello BioHazard

I have the same problem.  I have all elders in my town that simply refuse to die, they seem to last forever.  I have all of Awe mod defaults enabled that are to do with merges and no one gets out alive etc.  Shortening the elders life span would be a Godsend.

But now I have a ghost town with no children, one or two adults and no teens.  I will simply have to delete the town and start again or make many selfmade sims to add manually.

Let me add hastily that I would not play the game without the Awe mod even with this happening as the other features it cures are essential to my gameplay enjoyment.  

I had the original mod and the townies spawned nicely filling my hood well but as I have updated the mod and the config the spawning has completely stopped.  The job areas are nearly empty, another words co workers are one or two elders instead of four adults as before.  That applies to all careers, there is simply not enough townies to fill them.

I have the same problem, my rocker's band look a bit strange with only silver haired band members, lol. I have to make new families with a handful of kids on a regular basis just so the town won't die. Sometimes I skill them up and give them jobs before I leave them to esure some jobs are filled. But now I have noticed something strange; almost every sim I have made but don't play gets fired eventually. It looks like they don't go to work unless I play them? It's the same with the kids, -when I check on them they all have Fs and their homework bar is all red. So appearently they neither go to school or do homework when I'm not around.
Also; I have yet to see a married couple have a baby unless I make them, even if both have the family oriented trait.
My wish is for a better AI, that they do stuff that makes sense more automatically, like find a job and actually go to it every day, go to school/do homework etc. And for god's sake; make some kids!

IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #583 on: 2009 July 13, 12:45:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am so annoyed about the selling of books. My sim writes a book, and its not for sale in the store. Why? It even became a best seller, but no one can buy it, only read it in the library. I guess this is core modding?

I have not tried this myself, but from what I've read, your sim should be able to sell his copy of his book to the bookstore, and after that the bookstore should be selling it.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
Kerryee
Blathering Buffoon

ENFJ

View Profile
Re: Problem with stroy mode of awesome mod: silver town.
« Reply #584 on: 2009 July 13, 13:11:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Books written by sims have never appeared in my bookstore, only the library.  It would be nice if they could be bought, however, rather than just stolen from the library.

1) Give us more couples and babies from it.
Let more marriage and move-in happen between single sims and let the couple have more babies. Please let singles get married more frequently with their friend.  It seems that many non-active single sims to have great difficulty in making friend or finding spouse. There should be some matchmaker. And make the couple have more baby. We want baby!!!!

It's kind of a rough fix, but using the "Baby Boom" cheat supposedly grants every household both a baby and a toddler.  Doing it every so often will help for now.
loopsydoo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #585 on: 2009 July 13, 13:22:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have not tried this myself, but from what I've read, your sim should be able to sell his copy of his book to the bookstore, and after that the bookstore should be selling it.

Hello

Now whenever I make a new family the game crashes to desk top so I do not even have that option.  I thought perhaps new families were not arriving as there were no affordable houses, so I chucked in a few and it crashed to desktop again.

My sim is an author and I have never seen the sell to bookshop option yet.....but maybe its there, just not when I click on it.  I did a biography on a local sim who requested it.  Then nothing, I thought  I would have at least had to deliver it to him or something.  The game sadly lacks a lot of finishing touches.  Ea has concentrated on a lot of useless interactions that are boring after a while instead of tying up loose ends.

If we write a book we want to sell it to the townies and be reconised as a great author...but no, just a lot of useless chatter between sims is what S3 seems to be about.  It forces us to make friends we do not want. My sim also plays the guitar and she has many best friends that she has never spoken a word to.  If they watch her play they make friends and then good friends and then best friends, all without a spoken word, ruddy daft that.

Going to go back to the previous version of AWE mod and see if my townies spawn again as they did before.

kind regards
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #586 on: 2009 July 13, 13:28:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mr. Pescado, I know this is your mod and you have the right to do whatever you choose with it, but since we can no longer pick and choose what features we want in order to cutomize our game like we were able to do in TS2, it sure would be nice if the no 16k handout feature could eventually be made optional.
That would be against my religion, and I will make no such vile, blasphemous thing. For is it not written, "Energy cannot be created or destroyed."?
[/quote]

Well, I can't say I'm surprised at your answer, and I know there are lots of other priorities anyway. I guess I will just keep having my sims practice the 'law of attraction' (and keep transforming no money into money with the various work-arounds; I sure wish it were this easy IRL.)  Wink

What about sims losing all of their net worth when they move in with other sims? Is this intentional or an unintended consequence? (FYI, I'm currently using an older version of AwesomeMod so I realize it's possible this no longer occurs, but just thought I'd ask since I've haven't seen anyone mention this lately.)
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #587 on: 2009 July 13, 13:34:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@loopsydoo and others: In order to sell sim-written novels to the bookstore, they have to be in the sim's personal inventory. After a sim writes a novel, the novel gets delivered in the mail the next day. The sim can then take it from the mailbox and sell it to the bookstore, and then the bookstore can sell it. I haven't done this since installing AwesomeMod, so something may have changed, but I don't know why AM would alter it, so it should work.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
carrieotwoguns
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #588 on: 2009 July 13, 13:38:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't had time to read through all these pages to see if this has already been asked, but I just went to play my game and a box popped up stating the Awesome Mod has expired and to download a new one. I was wondering what the mirrors are for? I'm not really familiar with them. Should I be downloading the third mirror and not the first one?

« Last Edit: 2009 July 13, 23:31:19 by carrieotwoguns » Logged
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #589 on: 2009 July 13, 13:56:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It doesn't matter which mirror you use. They all lead to Awesomemod.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
BioHazard
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Job performance of townies.
« Reply #590 on: 2009 July 13, 14:09:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you peer into job info and job performance of the townies? It is horrible.

Most of the townies are jobless. The regular job positions of most rabbit hole  are not filled yet.
So they will have no problem if they want to have jobs. But most are jobless.

Even if they have jobs, it is part-time job, not regular full-time job. The sims are not teen but adults. Even if they are hired and have part-time or full-time job, their job performance is rock-bottom.

No townie ever gets any job advancement or raise. They are stuck at lowest job rank for a while and get fired due to poor job performance. It is not strange that they are fired so frequently and become jobless.

Awesome mod should help the townie to get a job and maintain job performance, get a job advancement.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #591 on: 2009 July 13, 14:38:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Define "move autonomously"?

Uh, do something other than stand in place and occasionally bitch about how hungry or tired or smelly they are?

Again, much of that is normal EA behavior, the game does not "Activate" many sims that are not part of the active house unless the game wants to use them. I will check to make sure nothing is specifically freezing them, but most of what you describe is part of the normal seamlessly disconnected neighborhood.

I could swear they used to be a little more lively than that but it seems like last few builds or so of Awesomemod they have been frozen.  Undecided

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #592 on: 2009 July 13, 16:45:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't had time to read through all these pages to see if this has already been asked, but I just went to play my game and a box popped up stating the Awesome Mod has expired and to download a new one. I was wondering what the mirrors are for? I'm not really familiar with them. Should I be downloading the third mirror and not the first one?
AwesomeMod has a check in it, to see whether you are running a version which is "too old".  Just update with the latest version frequently and you'll never see this message again.

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
Olop
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #593 on: 2009 July 13, 17:15:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So now I deleted the php file and just used the standard awesome.package:
Still the same.. With noscripterror the game crashes instantly and without it doesn't start to load and doesnt play the loading screen music no matter how often I try Sad
Jordi's comment will help- you must have missed it!
Olop: You should not download config.php, it is the page where you can generate the config file to be downloaded. Just click the link, configure, and then put the generated aweconf.package in the same folder you put awesome.package in.

Hm I really did miss this post. But nevertheless it's not working ^^ Just put the aweconf.package into the mods/packages folder where my awesome.package lies but there's still the same error. With noscripterror the game crashes instantly and without it doesn't start to load and doesnt play the loading screen music
No idea why, I even changed some settings and build a new aweconf.package, I even redownloaded the awesome mod... Nothiing worked for me since now Sad
Saikatsu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #594 on: 2009 July 13, 17:22:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@loopsydoo and others: In order to sell sim-written novels to the bookstore, they have to be in the sim's personal inventory. After a sim writes a novel, the novel gets delivered in the mail the next day. The sim can then take it from the mailbox and sell it to the bookstore, and then the bookstore can sell it. I haven't done this since installing AwesomeMod, so something may have changed, but I don't know why AM would alter it, so it should work.
Tried this, have yet to see the books show up in the bookstore's stock. Currently have AwesomeMod installed, figured I was doing something wrong and got sidetracked before testing on a new game without AM.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #595 on: 2009 July 13, 18:10:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tried this, have yet to see the books show up in the bookstore's stock. Currently have AwesomeMod installed, figured I was doing something wrong and got sidetracked before testing on a new game without AM.

I tried this a long time ago, pre-Awesomemod, and it didn't work.  I was starting to wonder whether I was crazy or what, reading of people doing this successfully, so I'm relieved to find at least one person who has been unsuccessful.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #596 on: 2009 July 13, 18:15:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have tried it now, it doesn't work for me either Sad
rosess
Dimwitted Dunce

I caught you a deelishus bass

View Profile
« Reply #597 on: 2009 July 13, 18:27:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims pick up extra copies of their books from other people's trash cans.  Some people have no appreciation for fine literature. 
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #598 on: 2009 July 13, 18:29:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims pick up extra copies of their books from other people's trash cans.  Some people have no appreciation for fine literature. 

Interesting. Is that just since No Raymundo and townies stealing from the library (now fixed), or was it that way prior to No Raymundo? 

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #599 on: 2009 July 13, 18:50:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interesting. Is that just since No Raymundo and townies stealing from the library (now fixed), or was it that way prior to No Raymundo? 

There has always been a chance of finding Sim-written novels in the trash, though I believe it is supposed to be limited to books rated as flops.

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: