More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 18:19:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1722566 times)
HazelEyes
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #550 on: 2009 July 12, 13:13:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Destroy all humans command makes the neighborhood pristine. I tried it last week and it worked admirably. For some reason, though, all young adult townies moved into the 'hood by story progression seem to get hitches the very same day, leaving no singles for my one controllable to stalk romance and marry. I may end up breaking up an existing relationship, but for future reference, is there a similar command thank nukes all extraneous crumples/graabs/etc. but leaves the anonymous townie population intact? 
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #551 on: 2009 July 12, 13:24:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been wondering, if you designate a lot 'ancestral', does it just stop move-outs, or does it also encourage sims to move back 'home' if the lot is empty? For instance, say the Goth family proceeds another generation or two, and spreads out across the hood. If the ones who stayed home die off and leave the lot vacant, would any of the off-lot Goths be likely to move back to the Goth Manor? Or would the ancestral designation prevent them from splitting off in the first place?

delrio
Asinine Airhead

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #552 on: 2009 July 12, 15:14:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know how possible this is, but I'd love the option.

Most age groupings of stranger sims are obvious, but especially for a male sim trying to find a female of child bearing age, it's difficult to know if the potential partner is suitable.  Short of moving them in, or switching households, there's no way to determine if the sim is young adult or adult, never mind if they're only a few days from becoming and elder.

Would it be possible to have an 'ask age' option, or even better, for the age grouping or age to show when you hover over a sim in the friends panel.  Unless one has a sharp eye, it's not even discernable if a 'high school' friend has become a young adult as it shows their information from the last time you talked to them.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #553 on: 2009 July 12, 16:00:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can someone tell me the best way to handle moving out adult children from a household into a new household, that is not the currently selected one?

I had one family have five kids (well one pregnancy was twins so technically only 4 were planned Tongue) and they're now adults and I got to the point where they wanted their own love interests and the house is just getting too damned crowded so some of them needed to go.

I had 4 of the 5 move out via computer. Well when it comes up and I get the menu they get zero simoleans to take with them and I couldn't change this. Only the active household got the money, even though they have plenty and the adult kids did contribute some to it. So anyway I figure okay I'll just check off kick out which says it moves them into a random house. Well I suppose awesome mod is not giving anyone a free ride so they didn't move in and are I guess off in the homeless limbo nexus.

Is there any means of handling this outside of jumping through hoops and doing a bunch of console commands and town editing? Because if so that's a pain in the butt and I think I will institute a Chinese still one child policy from now on to not have to go through all that.

I really don't think it's unreasonable for the parents to give a moving out adult child a chunk of their funds, particularly if they helped contribute to it in the first place.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #554 on: 2009 July 12, 16:45:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can someone tell me the best way to handle moving out adult children from a household into a new household, that is not the currently selected one?...
I really don't think it's unreasonable for the parents to give a moving out adult child a chunk of their funds, particularly if they helped contribute to it in the first place.

These issues are probably why EA decided to give everyone 16k to start off with. I don't know of any better way to handle it, I'm afraid, but I just wanted to add that a similar problem occurs when a sim asks a townie to move in. The screen pops up showing how much that sim is worth but the amount is grayed out and the townie moves in penniless. I 'motherloded' my couple when it happened, which added about 20k more than they should have been worth, but I wasn't about to let my sims get cheated out of the cash they should have had. Besides, my sim is a CEO and the townie was a doctor, and they needed to build a better house than the dump they were living in. Keeping up appearances, and all that. Smiley

Mr. Pescado, I know this is your mod and you have the right to do whatever you choose with it, but since we can no longer pick and choose what features we want in order to cutomize our game like we were able to do in TS2, it sure would be nice if the no 16k handout feature could eventually be made optional. And it's only "cheating" if I want to play the game that EA made, which I don't - and apparently no one else does, either, or else there would be no AwesomeMod in the first place! I'm just sayin'...

edited to correct spelling error
« Last Edit: 2009 July 12, 17:01:21 by Tangie » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #555 on: 2009 July 12, 17:12:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any means of handling this outside of jumping through hoops and doing a bunch of console commands and town editing? Because if so that's a pain in the butt and I think I will institute a Chinese still one child policy from now on to not have to go through all that.

Select an actual HOUSE to move into. Don't choose "kick out". Pick the "House" button and buy them a nice, or not so nice, house. Kick Out is for people you don't like very much, and thus you boot them out onto the street with nothing but the clothes on their back, and leave them to earn their own way up from total and utter poverty. Or, you know, if you don't care, you could just let them Kev and Alice it on their own. Up to you.

Mr. Pescado, I know this is your mod and you have the right to do whatever you choose with it, but since we can no longer pick and choose what features we want in order to cutomize our game like we were able to do in TS2, it sure would be nice if the no 16k handout feature could eventually be made optional.
That would be against my religion, and I will make no such vile, blasphemous thing. For is it not written, "Energy cannot be created or destroyed."?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #556 on: 2009 July 12, 17:29:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Select an actual HOUSE to move into. Don't choose "kick out". Pick the "House" button and buy them a nice, or not so nice, house. Kick Out is for people you don't like very much, and thus you boot them out onto the street with nothing but the clothes on their back, and leave them to earn their own way up from total and utter poverty. Or, you know, if you don't care, you could just let them Kev and Alice it on their own. Up to you.

My problem is I couldn't select a house. The menu said $0 were available and I wasn't finding any way to change that. It wants to put ALL the funds in the playable household and does not seem to give me an option to put a portion of the household funds over to the sim or sims moving out, but who will not be the main playable household for the time being.

Or am I doing something wrong here? I'm just not seeing where I have the ability to give the party moving out any money at all. It seems stuck on zero, so obviously I can't select a house.

PolecatEZ
Blathering Buffoon

Necatur Americanus - and I vote!

View Profile
« Reply #557 on: 2009 July 12, 17:56:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My problem is I couldn't select a house. The menu said $0 were available and I wasn't finding any way to change that. It wants to put ALL the funds in the playable household and does not seem to give me an option to put a portion of the household funds over to the sim or sims moving out, but who will not be the main playable household for the time being.

Or am I doing something wrong here? I'm just not seeing where I have the ability to give the party moving out any money at all. It seems stuck on zero, so obviously I can't select a house.

It allows you to choose a house or empty lot for the sims moving out...in fact, it requires that you do this unless you check the "kick out" or "make active" check-boxes.  They just won't take any cash with them.  If you want the sims you move out to have a little cash, just have them pawn off some of the crap from their newly furnished lot you just bought them.
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #558 on: 2009 July 12, 18:09:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any particular reason why awesomemod has almost tripled in size? 3.5Mb to 9Mb from the previous version to the new one is quite a jump.

Kitran
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #559 on: 2009 July 12, 18:17:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uhh.. the mod is still 3.5mb to me... I haven't noticed any change in size.

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.  --  Douglas Adams
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #560 on: 2009 July 12, 18:18:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Must have been a bad upload. Try redownloading.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #561 on: 2009 July 12, 19:30:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheers, I grabbed it again from mirror3 and it's the right size now.

quetzilla
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #562 on: 2009 July 12, 21:28:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're doing something wrong.  You're thinking, 'I don't want to make them my active house'.  The active house gets the money.  So you move out some sims, select them as the active house, then they get the funds in the move out menu so then yes you *can* buy them a house.  And once you move them out you just switch back to the family you were playing before.
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #563 on: 2009 July 12, 21:48:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My problem is I couldn't select a house. The menu said $0 were available and I wasn't finding any way to change that.

I had 4 of the 5 move out via computer. Well when it comes up and I get the menu they get zero simoleans to take with them and I couldn't change this.

You had the solution earlier, tho I have the feeling that you didn't go far enough with it.  When moving part of your household out via computer/cell phone, this gives you the option of 'BUYING' a house for the moving out sims with the cash you have in the original household.  (Later on, the remaining sims can talk about 'Satellite House'.)   And yes, once those sims move out, they'll have 0 cash to their name, but, if you can afford it, a really expensive/furnished home.  If you're not looking to play that off-shoot house, they don't need the money, so screw em.  If you do want to play them, then hopefully, you've given them all good jobs and stuck a bunch of books/rocks/gems/perfect harvestables in their inv, so they can sell it for ready cash.

Also, be aware, that using this move out method, the house MUST have enough beds for all the sims (plus un-born sproglettes) that are moving out.

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
Driskoll Xun
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #564 on: 2009 July 12, 23:30:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the Careers xml, what does a negative integer signify in MaxOfficeHolders?  Specifically, I have two mayors in my game.  Mayor has a -1 for MaxOfficeHolders.  What behavior should I be seeing?
« Last Edit: 2009 July 13, 04:16:52 by Driskoll Xun » Logged
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #565 on: 2009 July 12, 23:57:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're doing something wrong.  You're thinking, 'I don't want to make them my active house'.  The active house gets the money.  So you move out some sims, select them as the active house, then they get the funds in the move out menu so then yes you *can* buy them a house.  And once you move them out you just switch back to the family you were playing before.

What? No. I moved out sims from one lot into another - the sims moving out went with $0, but on the move-out screen I was able to choose them a house, and off they went. The active household remained the active household, and the moving out sims only took the cost of the house from the active household.

cwurts
Retarded Reprobate

Oona Klostermann for senate.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #566 on: 2009 July 12, 23:58:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a problem:  all my military sims have turned into astronauts virtually overnight.  I have a version of AwesomeMod after all the tweaks were done to make valid bosses, and I am unsure if this is what caused the problem.  I have also made all my sims sacred.  I don't know if they were all promoted before or after I made them sacred, but I would like to be assured that no more of my sims will end up with level 1 to level 10 promotions.  It is wreaking havoc with my game.

If anyone could suggest a way to manually demote my sims to a more appropriate career level, that would be appreciated - and if that sim happens to be someone's boss, how will that affect the outcome?

Join the Oona Klostermann High Society Club
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #567 on: 2009 July 13, 00:47:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can CRTL-SHIFT-Click to access a career-demote option. Not sure how they all managed to become astronauts, though. How many is "all"?

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #568 on: 2009 July 13, 02:35:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What? No. I moved out sims from one lot into another - the sims moving out went with $0, but on the move-out screen I was able to choose them a house, and off they went. The active household remained the active household, and the moving out sims only took the cost of the house from the active household.

D'Oh. Okay well that makes sense then. The message showing the moving out sims as having zero simoleans isn't really intuitive as suggesting you still can buy them a house from your money, but I guess it makes sense in a backward way if it is just referring to family funds of those moving out, who of course don't need any if you aren't playing them, and not the actual property they are buying.

Baronet
SimDebster
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #569 on: 2009 July 13, 02:59:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Buy a large item, like a car, and put it in the child's inventory.  Buy them a house, then switch to that house and sell the car.  Now the child has a nice house and some cash to start life with.  That is what I do, if I have the cash to spare.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #570 on: 2009 July 13, 03:02:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's a TS2 method. In TS3, doing that gets you mauled in depreciation fees that are applied immediately upon exit from buy mode. Don't do that. In TS3, you can just directly select which house to buy.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #571 on: 2009 July 13, 03:30:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, well the mom of this family I am playing is a high end painter and her large paintings regularly go for around 3.5k. Also have a master fisher in the house and a pond there stocked with deathfish. A stack of those can be worth quite a bit. No depreciation on either of those because it doesn't cost me anything in the first place, except time.

Of course this assumes I am playing them which I'm not so I guess it's pointless to give them anything but property and let the Artificial Stupidity figure them out from there.

LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #572 on: 2009 July 13, 04:15:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, well the mom of this family I am playing is a high end painter and her large paintings regularly go for around 3.5k. Also have a master fisher in the house and a pond there stocked with deathfish. A stack of those can be worth quite a bit. No depreciation on either of those because it doesn't cost me anything in the first place, except time.

Of course this assumes I am playing them which I'm not so I guess it's pointless to give them anything but property and let the Artificial Stupidity figure them out from there.
That's what I did when I moved out a spawn and his new wife. I dumped a couple of paintings in his inventory, switched to his house long enough to sell the paintings so they had about 10k, put them on SupCom for whatever I wanted them to be doing for the next week or two (skilling logic), and left. Haven't gone back yet as I'm playing a different 'hood, but will do so next week sometime and see.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #573 on: 2009 July 13, 04:22:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims don't really benefit in any way from having cash on hand. Without the player to SPEND it, they have no means of using it for anything, since sims cannot buy or place their own furniture. Even if they were allowed to do so, they'd have no idea how to arrange it and would probably wall themselves in with it. So all they can really use is the lot, and unless you put them on macro control, they don't even benefit from that, really.

BioHazard
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Problem with stroy mode of awesome mod: silver town.
« Reply #574 on: 2009 July 13, 05:11:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I played my neighborhood with awesomeware mod installed and story progression turned on.
I enabled most awesomeware story mode options like "No bus accident killing" etc.

It worked well.. Maybe too well.

Now after playing for period much longer than normal sim's lifetime, My neighborhood become silver town. About 70-80% of sims are old man with gray-hair. Young people are rare. teens are even rarer. Toddler or child? what's that? My sim's son has only one friend  of their age.
Most  middle-aged sims as well as young sims are single (not married ).
And general population is dwindling down. It is becoming harder to find sims of any age. I have to manually feed some new families to the my neighborhood to maintain general population.

This is because reduced birth rate (which requires two valid parents ), marriage /move-in rate (due to prohibited random merge, move-in) and much reduced death rate of old people of the awesome mod.

So I suggest some tweak to fix it.

1) Give us more couples and babies from it.
Let more marriage and move-in happen between single sims and let the couple have more babies. Please let singles get married more frequently with their friend.  It seems that many non-active single sims to have great difficulty in making friend or finding spouse. There should be some matchmaker. And make the couple have more baby. We want baby!!!!

2) Permit more single mom.
Even without actual move-in/marrige  or woo-hoo, non-active, non-blessed female sim should be able to conceive baby of male friend. But choose most close male friend (Best or Good friend) if possible, and only for non-blessed, non-active male as a father of her baby.

3) Let old people die frequently.
Old age is quite long in sims life, so if we maintain constant population, nearly half of people would be old age. So let non-active, non-blessed old sim die frequently from illness.
Late middle-aged sims should killed from "Bus" accident, too. (less frequenly than old people die of illness).

4) More fresh families moving in the town to maintain general population.
As time gioes by, it seems that more and more family leave neighborhood and each family has less member. Unless handled manually, the town will be ghost-town.

E.A.'s way of story progression mode like random death/merge etc was not so good, so I love stroty progress mode fix of awesomeware. But E.A.'s way is good for maintaining  general population and age group ratio. Awesomeware need some improvement in these regard.

« Last Edit: 2009 July 13, 05:20:50 by BioHazard » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: