More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:32:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1722483 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #525 on: 2009 July 11, 03:26:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if you care what they eat, go ahead and pick. The entire list is open to you, however. Frankly, I don't even pay attention. I just select EAT from the Supreme Commander menu, and they DO it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #526 on: 2009 July 11, 05:21:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay I can report with this version I made it through a night with no noticeable lag. Yay!  Grin

Okay spoke too soon. Second night I am getting moveouts and freezes again. Sad This is with the latest build with the band aid too. Weird.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #527 on: 2009 July 11, 05:22:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But is it at least not the SAME people moving around? I'm trying to analyze what exactly is the logic which drives Story Progression, and the more I figure out, the more it supports the conclusion that the system is simply utterly bugfuck crazy and is devoid of any meaning, purpose, or goal. The only way to really FIX it is to completely redo half of it. However, I'd need a dedicated test staff willing to commit to doing so, probably in grah, to really be able to pace this thing.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
smokeverbs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #528 on: 2009 July 11, 05:42:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm SO willing to be a part of that hypothetical test staff.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #529 on: 2009 July 11, 05:52:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm SO willing to be a part of that hypothetical test staff.
So start showing up.

Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #530 on: 2009 July 11, 06:10:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I vote for yanking out all the wires, redoing, it and simplifiying it.  We have a pretty good idea what it OUGHT to do, and that's not so complicated.

I also think you should rename the site from moreawesomethanyou.com to EAQualityAssuranceProductSupport.com

Medusa stared at the two creatures approaching her across the Piazza and, instantly recognizing them as Spanish Gorgons, attempted to stall them by greeting them in their native tongue, "Gorgons, Hola!"
DCNBrett
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #531 on: 2009 July 11, 06:48:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I download the AwesomeMod Configuation file and put it in my package folder it looks like this "aweconf.package.xml". Is this how  the file is supposed to be or do I need to remove the xml at the end of it?
Kiirkas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #532 on: 2009 July 11, 07:20:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I download the AwesomeMod Configuation file and put it in my package folder it looks like this "aweconf.package.xml". Is this how  the file is supposed to be or do I need to remove the xml at the end of it?

Remove the .xml extension.  It should download as "aweconf.package", without the extension anyway.
Cajia
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #533 on: 2009 July 11, 08:08:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah so I'm not the only one getting the mass movement of Sims. To answer your question Pes, my game has a lot of custom Sims in it, and I've noticed the same ones move three times while playing the game. It also tended to happen after I switched main houses. 

As far as the food issue goes, this is most certainly not a realistic game, but it is realistic to have the options to cook any recipe you know and have the ingredients for regardless of the time of day. My sims don't tend to cook unless I'm raising a skill, but I appreciate being able to cook whatever I feel like clicking on.

Besides the moving problem, the new fix has caused me no problems, and I'm not crashing anymore. It must be a random act of madness or something.
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #534 on: 2009 July 11, 13:30:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Last version of the awesome mod (must be because I didn't include anything else since then) caused me a problem - when I move out a Sim from the household or simply transfer a copy of a hood from a computer to another, my Sims when reseting get the message that "they should do something about their work performance or they will be punished". The work performance jumps to totally red, the same with the children/teens that get School grade F. And this happen just after they had been alright to work or school.
Downloaded the new version today. Hope it helps.
delrio
Asinine Airhead

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #535 on: 2009 July 11, 14:00:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where in Hades did it appear from then, because this is the only mod i run.

Honestly, I may have misread your post.. So let me give a less cryptic answer.

There was never an option to turn that on/off with Awesome mod.  Once he added that feature it was always on. If you don't want to have all meals available at all times during the day you can't use Awesome mod.  It is not and has never been an optional feature of the mod.

Thanks for clarifying, I couldn't find anywhere where it said it was a part of the mod, so I was beginning to think I had imagined it.
How hard is it to just pick the food you want? I've seen so many posts on this subject that I am forced to consider that there are many more tards in the world than I had ever imagined.  Are you people getting confused by the many, many, food choices?  Does the possibility of the extra click on "more" frighten you?  Have you not read any of the previous posts in which our generous benefactor has explained that this will not be optional?  Can your memories (or web browsers) extend beyond the current page of the thread?  All that genius and energy expended, and you want *fewer* options on an already sparse and limited game, as a *feature?

My question was more along the lines of having thought it was a definable choice in the mod at one point, the quip about being bored with the choice was misplaced, as I'd already pointed out.

I searched for 'food', 'any food' and 'food time' none of which brought up the information I needed.  As he's probably usually replying to someone rather than detailing something, and the fact that it's a long thread about many issues, short of trawling through the entire thing, it's unlikely I'd have come across these comments.  It's generally regarded as impossible to remember something you've never experienced, unless of course one is delusional - in which case it's not really a memory, is it now.

Unlike some people on here, my post count does not indicate my IQ level, I've been on these boards for years, I just only post when i need to, which is incredibly rarely.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #536 on: 2009 July 11, 16:16:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone have a suggestion?  The Langerak family has 2 adults leaving at 8 with the boy(school time) and 3 adults leaving at 3 for jobs, and one at 5.  Everyone was in the red with their jobs and school except fot the one at 5.  I think they are getting bottle necked and missing work and school(had the same problem with the Bunch kids).  I decided to put them on the Supreme Commander on the work/school selection.  Well, Kaylynn turned into an elder and I needed her out so I went to one of her chilhood friend's house that never married and tryed to romance her.  He couldn't because she was constantly trying to do something and would break the romance cycle.  I switched to her and she was going to work on her job performance at the library(which is great)but does this mean they will nerver find love on this control?  Is there a better selection that will allow them to engage in romance.  I turned her off and did it at her house, but now they have the wrong last name.
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #537 on: 2009 July 11, 16:25:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been reading around about the darned TS3 patch and got completely lost with the downloads. I didn't patch my game, does the Awesome Mod REQUIRE that the game is patched?
imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #538 on: 2009 July 11, 18:14:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm still using the mod from 7/1/2009 and I don't have the move out problem at all.  I deliberately did not update when I saw some of the problems happening.  Since it does not occur on this version doesn't that imply that something must have been changed since this one that caused this to happen?
Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #539 on: 2009 July 12, 00:43:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm running with awesomemod without TS3 patch.  I'll probably patch sometime soon.  I just like to let you guys beta test the new EA patches for me.

Medusa stared at the two creatures approaching her across the Piazza and, instantly recognizing them as Spanish Gorgons, attempted to stall them by greeting them in their native tongue, "Gorgons, Hola!"
quetzilla
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #540 on: 2009 July 12, 02:32:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm running with awesomemod without TS3 patch.  I'll probably patch sometime soon.  I just like to let you guys beta test the new EA patches for me.

Your point in posting this is?

The patch has been tested... patch your game.
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #541 on: 2009 July 12, 05:50:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, patched the game and so to say, I didn't have any problems with the patch self. Just took out the mods folder once I have very little in it anyway, it was easy. Took out the file of the no censor and placed back the original ShaderWhatever. Launched the game after patch and didn't notice anything wrong.
So, I still have the same mentioned problem from before, my sims lose work or school performance as soon as I make any modification like sending a family to the library. Not my fault, cause in the reality I don't want anyone in the library, I want just to back up original families because I'm building a Start Point Game. Experience with previous TS showed that EA mess up your hoods at every EP.
Besides the saving problem is increasing back to the same sucking delay - I'm already back to 18 minutes to save. This means it is full EA's fault.
bresus
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #542 on: 2009 July 12, 05:57:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I installed this awesome mod and it seems that only some features are working. My hopes/desires don't vanish when I switch between households, but I can't designate anyone as sacred. So maybe I should download this new "build", but I don't know how to do that. Where do I get it? How, exactly, do I do all these nifty things?

p.s. I'm on a mac.
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #543 on: 2009 July 12, 06:13:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have to configure the AwesomeMod in order for all of the features to work. To enable certain console commands, you need to enable debugging. There's a configuration tool available on the same page where you downloaded the AM. Just click the link, enable/disable options as you see fit, and then click the big green tyrannosaurus to save the aweconfig file to your computer.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #544 on: 2009 July 12, 08:06:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

p.s. I'm on a mac.
The config tool was made as a webpage specifically for cross-platform compatibility, as a normal program would have been OS specific.

edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #545 on: 2009 July 12, 10:19:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible? and how can it be done? To configure the mod in an active internet computer that doesn't run TS and transfer the configured mod to other computers that run TS but don't have internet access?
quetzilla
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #546 on: 2009 July 12, 10:22:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible? and how can it be done? To configure the mod in an active internet computer that doesn't run TS and transfer the configured mod to other computers that run TS but don't have internet access?

It's possible.  You just do it.  Have you tried doing it?
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #547 on: 2009 July 12, 10:30:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Flash drive? Wireless network?  How do you get the AwesomeMod from one computer to the other? It'll work the same way.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #548 on: 2009 July 12, 10:43:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, you just do it exactly as you described. There's nothing intrinsic to the configuration page that somehow spies on your computer. It is not a very large file, so you can transfer it by any means, such as flash drives, or even floppies. You could even recreate it by manually retyping it in a hex editor, if you wanted. It's not very large.

edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #549 on: 2009 July 12, 12:50:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for your reply. When you "talk" to me just keep in mind that you are not dealing with a 16 years old fresh guy. Me and my friends are starting to be grand-grand-parents. Grey masse shrinks. (Other things too!)
-.-.-.-.
OK, made my personal adjustment, that was not much at all, just 2 or 3 lines. Unfortunately I have some questions: TS2 style Work Promotion Without Forced Days Off - means what? Isn't it this what is causing my claim that my Sims get negative work performance even when they went to work? Sorry, I noticed that even when I do not make modifications in the hood, my Sims come back from work and outside of their working time I get a message - Sim X must care about his work performance otherwise there will be disciplinary measures. I cannot understand what is causing this.

Enable testingcheatsenabled on as default - Is it no more causing the problem we had with TS2 when enabling it caused a lot of errors? If so, I can enable it at every section. Normally I disable it after use. It is a pain in the .

Enable All EA debug commands - is it anything particularly useful for a normal game player. I don't do anything special with my Sims once I play with everything OFF. Story Mode for me is just another pain once I don't see any point in taking so much trouble to someone that is going to die anyway and the descendents won't take any lesson out of it. (I'm not intended to play me  Roll Eyes

Supreme Commander - I enabled it but it is just to see what is it about. Maybe I like it.

Removes 8 Sim limit on houses - enabled it cause I need 10 instead. That's all.

If it is so easy to ajust the file generated in case I regret something, I can take a look self. Thanks.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 12, 13:25:33 by edalbformat » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: