More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 05:50:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1722662 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #500 on: 2009 July 10, 04:21:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since nobody has asked yet, could I get some clarification on the "Ancestral Home" feature in the new build?
An "Ancestral Home" is something like Goth Manor. You expect the Goths to live there and not to leave. It's freaking NAMED for them. Thus, because it contains their fambly name, they will not move out of it from a random event, and they will not desert it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Chyld
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #501 on: 2009 July 10, 04:53:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, ok. Comprehension phail on my part. Thanks. Would it be possible/would you want to add some of the functionality I mentioned?
Edit: Added more info. Didn't think you'd reply so quickly. Sorry for lack of clarity.
Re-edit: Took my edit and made it a new post, like it should have been in the first place. Apologies to anyone who cares. I blame Voodoo sprirts.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 10, 05:28:18 by chyld » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #502 on: 2009 July 10, 04:57:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You didn't mention any functionality, only some nonsense.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Chyld
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #503 on: 2009 July 10, 05:51:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I meant if an ancestral family home becomes empty due to deaths, etc. then the now empty house is now considered a Move-in option for any related family members (sims with the same last name) during Story Progression so that they can inherit the ancestral home autonomously (and without paying).
The feature caught my eye as very useful for stories, where some rich old relative dies alone in a mansion and a poor distant relative finds that they are the sole heir. The movie King Ralph comes to mind...

Anyway, this quickly turned from a question to a request, this isn't the place so I'll stop asking.

Kitran
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #504 on: 2009 July 10, 11:46:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And all that requires is a manual renaming, I'm assuming.. cause I tried to look in the help file and I tried to shift-click and ctrl-click.  No option to make it 'Ancestral'... so a manual rename is the last thing that makes sense to me.

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.  --  Douglas Adams
rmt
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #505 on: 2009 July 10, 12:43:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anyone still having serious lag issues?

I searched the thread so don't yell. I found posts back from mid-june and the last one said that the (what was then) lasted version of the mod fixed the lag from 12:59AM-early morning.

I just got the mod today. My first sim evening with it i experienced god awful lag. from 12:59 - 5:30am it would pause for a 30 sec - couple minutes every 2-5 sim minutes.
Needless to say I sat at my computer drooling and plucking hairs for a good 45 minutes!

The main reason I got the mod was for multiple-households, I've never really had problems with story progression before. But anyway, I just wanted to check if this problem is just me, or if others are also experiencing it and if there is anyway to fix it or at least lessen the damage.

I only have so many hairs to pluck!

My boyfriend got the latest version as of 2 days go, and he bad lag too.  Oddly enough, his lasted longer every night (until 2am the first to until about 8am several days later).  He turned off the No Parthenogenesis, No household merge / split etc, options and the game is normal again.  I have an older version (a couple of weeks old, I think) and while that lagged pretty badly the first night, it was fine after that. 

I'm not sure whether the difference is because of play-style (he's playing a super social sim who's friends with half the neighbourhood; I'm not) or town (he's in Riverview, I'm in the default one whose name escapes me right now) or whether there was a code change in there during that time. 
caitlyn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #506 on: 2009 July 10, 14:22:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure whether the difference is because of play-style (he's playing a super social sim who's friends with half the neighbourhood; I'm not) or town (he's in Riverview, I'm in the default one whose name escapes me right now) or whether there was a code change in there during that time. 

Um...seriously?  There have been about 48 Billion changes to awesomemod over the past "couple of weeks."

Not all those who wander are lost.
--J R R Tolkien
Cajia
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #507 on: 2009 July 10, 16:43:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The patcher app tells me I have no previous version of The Sims 3 installed. Is this because I have my Sims 3 saved to the (x86) programs files folder? Or is it because I manually transferred all the files from the computer upstairs to my laptop with out actually installing via the CD? Which for some reason, doesn't work anymore.

Can someone give me the files and tell me where to manually install them? Or should I forgo installing the patch at all since my game already crashes every few minutes?
Athenie
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #508 on: 2009 July 10, 17:03:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First, thanks to Pescado, your mods have made The Sims playable for years (Yak-Yak FTW!). I shelved Sims 3 til your mod made it playable, now I can again waste endless hours.

I too am having issues with my sims skipping work/school. It seems to only be families that I play regularly, and sacred status seems to have no effect. So one morning as the school bus arrived, I paused the game and Ctrl-clicked my way through these problem familes. When I did I noticed something interesting with the times. Each family showed a different start time for school under the occupation tab. One might say school starts in 2 hours, another 5 hours, one even said 17 hours, all of this at 8AM game time. So the reason my sims are skipping work/school is because their time is off. They think it is 6AM when it is 9AM. I have no idea why this is happening. If I unpause the game a few seconds, the start time catches up. However if work/school has already started they do not go. My work-around for this is at 6AM going to my problem households and running time for about 5 seconds. Once I do this each morning, they seem to go to work/school as scheduled.
So I am wondering if my Ctrl family switching is messing up their clocks. Is there any differencebetween Ctrl-click switching families and doing it from Change Households in edit town?

My second question has to do with relationships and story mode. None of my sims are developing romantic relationships. They develop friendships, but no romance. All of my romantic relationships have to be forced by me. I also have had no marriages occur in story mode. Is this situation unique to me?

Always using the latest Awesome version, vanilla except InformonStoryAction is true.
Wolfeyes
Furry Yifftard
Retardo Lander

INFJ - 7, Very "F"

View Profile
« Reply #509 on: 2009 July 10, 19:13:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have had the same problem as Athenie... among my few CAS fambly's that I am Ctrl-clicking to move between houses... and have had one of my teen girls leaving for school at 7:00am to be there by 9:00am... and knew the fambly's clock was off somehow but had no idea how it got that way...  Also these kids/teens will miss school and the parents will miss work... if I've been away playing another fambly... and then come back... and then their grades drop... job peformance... etc...  Really weird stuff...   Tongue

And they are all on Sacred status too...   Shocked

"Life is not about surviving the storms but rather how to dance in the rain" ~

Luther Vandross ~ Forever, For Always, For Love ~ 2005

Genius - Flirty - Friendly - Good Sense of Humor - Great Kisser ~
Wolfeyes
Furry Yifftard
Retardo Lander

INFJ - 7, Very "F"

View Profile
« Reply #510 on: 2009 July 10, 19:17:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course.

'Goth Manor' - is ancestral for any Sim named Goth (or Manor Cheesy)

'Little House on the Prairie' would be ancestral for the families Little, House, On, The, and Prairie (unless of course Pes filters out common words like House and The).

No... that's not quite right now... "Little House on the Prairie" would be the ancestral home for Michael Landon, Melissa Gilbert and Ma and the others...   Grin   Cheesy   Wink

"Life is not about surviving the storms but rather how to dance in the rain" ~

Luther Vandross ~ Forever, For Always, For Love ~ 2005

Genius - Flirty - Friendly - Good Sense of Humor - Great Kisser ~
Caupi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #511 on: 2009 July 10, 19:54:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I too am having issues with my sims skipping work/school...

My second question has to do with relationships and story mode. None of my sims are developing romantic relationships. They develop friendships, but no romance. All of my romantic relationships have to be forced by me. I also have had no marriages occur in story mode. Is this situation unique to me?

I have the same problem with non-controlled sims skipping work/school. 

I'm also having issues with romantic relationships being formed - the only thing non-controlled sims seem to want to do is antagonize each other, with a very few "befriendings" thrown in.  I have seen zero romantic relationships, zero marriages, and the only children that seem to be born are to homeless townies (and after I destroyalltownies, no babies born that aren't forced by me).  No Parthenogenesis! is enabled, but even my already-married couples (with plenty of beds/cribs) aren't spawning by themselves. 

Basically, most of my non-played sims ignore/hate each other and just stand around all day missing school and work  Undecided
Batman
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #512 on: 2009 July 10, 21:17:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anyone still having serious lag issues?

I searched the thread so don't yell. I found posts back from mid-june and the last one said that the (what was then) lasted version of the mod fixed the lag from 12:59AM-early morning.

I just got the mod today. My first sim evening with it i experienced god awful lag. from 12:59 - 5:30am it would pause for a 30 sec - couple minutes every 2-5 sim minutes.
Needless to say I sat at my computer drooling and plucking hairs for a good 45 minutes!

The main reason I got the mod was for multiple-households, I've never really had problems with story progression before. But anyway, I just wanted to check if this problem is just me, or if others are also experiencing it and if there is anyway to fix it or at least lessen the damage.

I only have so many hairs to pluck!

My boyfriend got the latest version as of 2 days go, and he bad lag too.  Oddly enough, his lasted longer every night (until 2am the first to until about 8am several days later).  He turned off the No Parthenogenesis, No household merge / split etc, options and the game is normal again.  I have an older version (a couple of weeks old, I think) and while that lagged pretty badly the first night, it was fine after that. 

Like I said before, I don't really care for story progression either way. I like to progress families myself! So i discovered just turning the damn thing off works best! But I should try to disenable some of those options to get some of the SP features!  Grin

But to avoid a double post, let me also add another little buggy I found  Undecided
I have pedo enabled and also installed the teenwoohoo thing for AM that I found in the pudding factory (YUHM!! PUDDING!!). I had a teen go over to Morty's house (he's single, no one else in fambly, i wanted to CLAIM him for my future rich daughter) and had her flirt, ect. They had a first kiss and that was it. They became best friends so I had her leave.
I changed over to her older sister's boyfriend's house. And helped him establish a good job, anyway played him for a while switched back to my main hh with the creepy daughter making claims to the goth's estate.(PS- she's a twin, and the twins are the youngest of 6 kids) I noticed her twin sister was normal, but couldn't find her. She had aged to an adult automatically! So I quit without saving..  Embarrassed

Anyway. No biggie, just thought i'd let ya know so it could possibly be looked at. Like I said, I have SP turned off and aging on, and I have that teen woo hoo thing..

Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #513 on: 2009 July 10, 21:48:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, everybody loves Raymundo.

Well played, madam. Well played.

Cheesy  Cheesy

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
rmt
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #514 on: 2009 July 10, 21:50:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Um...seriously?  There have been about 48 Billion changes to awesomemod over the past "couple of weeks."

Well, obviously, yes.  Perhaps I should have been more specific about a code change in the particular part that would affect lagginess, like more calculations being added.  

EDIT:  Incidentally, does anyone know if this is the case?  I'm a little leery about updating to the latest version if it's going to make my game horribly laggy too. 
« Last Edit: 2009 July 10, 22:03:34 by rmt » Logged
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #515 on: 2009 July 10, 23:32:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, obviously, yes.  Perhaps I should have been more specific about a code change in the particular part that would affect lagginess, like more calculations being added.  

EDIT:  Incidentally, does anyone know if this is the case?  I'm a little leery about updating to the latest version if it's going to make my game horribly laggy too. 

Well a lot of the lagginess, at least in my game, was limited to the night time when the game made all the families play musical houses and keep moving in and out of various houses. There's a new version up now that has a fix for that so should be okay, but I am firing up the game now so can let you know in a bit.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
delrio
Asinine Airhead

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #516 on: 2009 July 11, 01:28:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In one of the previous iterations of the AwesomeMod, I'm fairly sure we could choose to have any meals available at any time of day - of course subject to the sims cooking skill.

At the time I chose this option, and it's in my game.  However it doesn't seem to be in the mod in anyway now.  Yet it's still in my game.

I'm currently running the version from the 9th of July.

The thing is, that I'd rather like to go back to having normal meal availability, do i need to remove the mod and then re-install it?

I know it seems like a very small point, but salad for breakfast has become annoying.
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #517 on: 2009 July 11, 01:30:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In one of the previous iterations of the AwesomeMod, I'm fairly sure we could choose to have any meals available at any time of day - of course subject to the sims cooking skill.

At the time I chose this option, and it's in my game.  However it doesn't seem to be in the mod in anyway now.  Yet it's still in my game.

The thing is, that I'd rather like to go back to having normal meal availability, do i need to remove the mod and then re-install it?

I know it seems like a very small point, but salad for breakfast has become annoying.
That was never optional.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #518 on: 2009 July 11, 01:38:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...so don't pick it?

delrio
Asinine Airhead

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #519 on: 2009 July 11, 01:47:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At the time I chose this option, and it's in my game.  However it doesn't seem to be in the mod in anyway now.  Yet it's still in my game.

That was never optional.

Where in Hades did it appear from then, because this is the only mod i run.

MATY mods have always been the only ones i run.
...so don't pick it?

Gah that was my stupid fault, don't make quips when you genuinely want a proper answer - stupid del.
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: 2009 July 11, 02:06:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where in Hades did it appear from then, because this is the only mod i run.

Honestly, I may have misread your post.. So let me give a less cryptic answer.

There was never an option to turn that on/off with Awesome mod.  Once he added that feature it was always on. If you don't want to have all meals available at all times during the day you can't use Awesome mod.  It is not and has never been an optional feature of the mod.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #521 on: 2009 July 11, 02:19:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's nearly impossible to do quests involving some foods without it, since the item is not otherwise available!

ramseyazad
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #522 on: 2009 July 11, 02:36:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How hard is it to just pick the food you want? I've seen so many posts on this subject that I am forced to consider that there are many more tards in the world than I had ever imagined.  Are you people getting confused by the many, many, food choices?  Does the possibility of the extra click on "more" frighten you?  Have you not read any of the previous posts in which our generous benefactor has explained that this will not be optional?  Can your memories (or web browsers) extend beyond the current page of the thread?  All that genius and energy expended, and you want *fewer* options on an already sparse and limited game, as a *feature?
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #523 on: 2009 July 11, 03:08:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay I can report with this version I made it through a night with no noticeable lag. Yay!  Grin

And I agree on the food thing. Why does this bother people so damned much? There's Asian sims in my town and maybe they want to eat some damned dim sum for breakfast. Or hell, maybe they want pizza. Who cares?

I live near a Vietnamese part of town and there's a bunch of Pho (noodle soup) restaurants open at like 6 or 7 in the morning. It's generally not the first thing I want when I wake up but hey if it floats someone's boat more power to them.

I mean maybe I want to play a bachelor or eccentric sim making odd things for breakfast or an ethnic family or whatever. I don't like limiting the choice because you know what? I might not normally make spaghetti and meatballs for breakfast but I always have the ability and option to do it should I so choose.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Kaliban
Blathering Buffoon

I have horrible grammar, and a french accent

View Profile
« Reply #524 on: 2009 July 11, 03:13:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How hard is it to just pick the food you want? I've seen so many posts on this subject that I am forced to consider that there are many more tards in the world than I had ever imagined.  Are you people getting confused by the many, many, food choices?  Does the possibility of the extra click on "more" frighten you?  Have you not read any of the previous posts in which our generous benefactor has explained that this will not be optional?  Can your memories (or web browsers) extend beyond the current page of the thread?  All that genius and energy expended, and you want *fewer* options on an already sparse and limited game, as a *feature?
Well count me among the tards Tongue I like to make my sims life harder and unoptimal, and liked the limitations on food availability. I just pretend the limitations are still there and check my written list when they cook, but it is an undesired feature. I can do with it.
This is Pescado's mod, so he does whatever he wants with it (and does it awesomely, I have to say), it doesn't mean that each and every aspect of the One mod is wanted by everyone using it.

Any view of things that is not strange, is false.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: