More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 23:21:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1722604 times)
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #475 on: 2009 July 09, 04:24:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2ray crash on loading screen is purely voodoo and nothing you ACTUALLY do causes it. It is apparently some kind of obscure thread-load race condition.

Ugh yeah I just found out you're right about that. The latest build is fuct again on loading with the same config file that worked on the last one. It of course loads if I take the config file out  Tongue but I don't necessarily want all the defaults so I guess I have to tweak around with the config and see which options I can live with or without to get the damned thing to load.  Undecided
You don't understand.  Changing the config file won't actually fix your game.  What you need to do is just keep reloading the sims until it works. Then after that it should load for you every time without crashing. (probably) Then after the next awesomemod release it will happen again.  The game will crash.  But just reload the game and eventually it will work.  If nothing else use the 3loader and it will reload the game until it works for you.  Also, get the nointro hack from mod the sims.

Playing around with files feels like it helps... but it really doesn't.

Personally, I delete the scriptcache file before loading... and it doesn't crash on the initial load... but honestly I think that is pure luck.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #476 on: 2009 July 09, 04:27:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't understand.  Changing the config file won't actually fix your game.  What you need to do is just keep reloading the sims until it works. Then after that it should load for you every time without crashing. (probably) Then after the next awesomemod release it will happen again.  The game will crash.  But just reload the game and eventually it will work.  If nothing else use the 3loader and it will reload the game until it works for you.  Also, get the nointro hack from mod the sims.

Personally, I delete the scriptcache file before loading... and it doesn't crash on the initial load... but honestly I think that is pure luck.

I got it loading again. I'll try those but it's odd because it seems that just the config file is the issue as if I take it out it loads without problem then when I put it back in again it doesn't until eventually it just does. Weird.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Kerryee
Blathering Buffoon

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #477 on: 2009 July 09, 05:00:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so I have a couple problems, and since I'm not at all sure they're related to the Awesomemod, I'll list them here and ask advise.

1. I have several items in my family inventory which have gone blank.  Just blank squares, unclickable, undragable, unsellable.  Just taking up space.

2. I have sim (Sam Sekemoto) who recently married into my sims' family via daughter.  Although they've been married now a few days and have a spawnling on the way, everyone's UI pictures him as being the baby he is in a fresh Sunset Valley start.  He acts his age, but everyone seems him as a baby, and it's creepy.

3. My stereo is possessed.  Sims all throughout the house swear that they can hear the music and enjoy it, despite it being turned off.  I tried turning the stereo on, then off (it doesn't play in bedrooms, as it shouldn't, but does in the nursery for some reason) to get it to shut off in my sims heads.  The stereo glitched severely bad, wouldn't shut off or change the station, and I was stuck with actual sim-ish related noise coming from my speakers.  I saved, restarted, and it let me turn the stereo off so I could no longer hear it, but my sims still could, supposedly.  Deleting the stereo has no deleted the fictional music.

4. My first sim, now a grandmother, died while at work, and I cannot find her gravestone anywhere.  It's not at the Towers, it's not at the Graveyard, it's not in he Manage the dead UI, and it's not on the home lot.

I have the July 5th version of Awesomemod, plus some other skilling mods, which have been with me pretty much since the beginning.
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #478 on: 2009 July 09, 05:05:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got it loading again. I'll try those but it's odd because it seems that just the config file is the issue as if I take it out it loads without problem then when I put it back in again it doesn't until eventually it just does. Weird.
Right.  That's because the game goes "wtf is this?" and crashes... But once it loads correctly once, it will continue loading as long as you don't change awesomemod or the config file. So... just set it up how you like it.  Then reload the damn thing until it works.  Make some coffee... smoke a joint... fuck your sister.  Whatever it takes.  But trust me, it will eventually work and it will continue to work thereafter until the next awesomod release... in which case you'll have to restart your reloading until it works/sister fucking/pot smoking routine once again.

3loader and nointro hack are your friends though.
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: 2009 July 09, 05:32:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Installing/uninstalling the enablescripterror.package file sometimes helps. I had the non-loading problem, plopped it into the Mods/Packages file, and my game loaded fine. Next version of AwesomeMod, I had to take it out, because my game wouldn't load with it in. I'm not the only one who has reported this phenomenon, but it could also just be voodoo.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #480 on: 2009 July 09, 05:38:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's total voodoo. Nothing you do REALLY makes any difference, other than it makes you feel better and randomly jogs the system. The reason this happens is due to some kind of race condition or multithreaded loading bug, and there is nothing you can do about it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Wolfeyes
Furry Yifftard
Retardo Lander

INFJ - 7, Very "F"

View Profile
« Reply #481 on: 2009 July 09, 05:44:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well hmm... as I don't drink coffee... don't smoke pot... and am an only child... I can't try any of those options to gain an understanding why my game has developed a crashing problem after playing for 20 minutes to 3 hours at a time... since the 7/6 update of AM... so am going to now try using the 7/5 build again... because I hadn't had ANY in-game crashes until the 7/6 update and the newest build...   Undecided

I am running w/TS2 aging enabled, Sup Com disabled (always), Story Progression (SP) and the Game aging disabled, 12 Woohoo enabled w/a supporting hack from MTS "Teen Woohoo+Marriage" that is supposed to be compatible w/AM and the Pedophilia enabled... all was well until the 7/6 update and beyond... ideas anyone ?   Smiley

Update:  And I've been using "EditSim" heavily all along... so maybe it's more dangerous w/the newer builds ?
(Not touching a Sim's age, weight or the other no-no's either)   Cool
« Last Edit: 2009 July 09, 05:52:25 by Wolfeyes » Logged

"Life is not about surviving the storms but rather how to dance in the rain" ~

Luther Vandross ~ Forever, For Always, For Love ~ 2005

Genius - Flirty - Friendly - Good Sense of Humor - Great Kisser ~
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #482 on: 2009 July 09, 06:06:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why, why, why does MATY sometimes just not load pages without me refreshing repeatedly for days at a time, and then work fine other times?  I never have this problem with unimportant sites!

I have the same problem. Sometimes pages don't load at all, other times they load immediately. It's very inconsistent.

Are you, by chance, running ie8?  I ran into that when using ie8.  I switched to Firefox and have not had a problem since.

Nope, I use Chrome. I have the same problem both at my home and work computers (I haven't been able to install Firefox at work, but for some reason Chrome can easily be installed regardless of the limitations they have set up for the regular users on these computers.). What I've started doing now to deal with it is that if a page gets stuck loading, I use the stop button and then reload. Most of the time it works.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
Kitran
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #483 on: 2009 July 09, 12:52:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's total voodoo. Nothing you do REALLY makes any difference, other than it makes you feel better and randomly jogs the system. The reason this happens is due to some kind of race condition or multithreaded loading bug, and there is nothing you can do about it.

I think you must've said that a dozen times now.  They just don't want to listen to you, do they, Pescado? Wink

3booter works everytime a new build comes out.  In fact, voodoo or not, I use 3booter whenever I install a new build... but Pescado's right, I bet I'm being superstitious. Smiley

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.  --  Douglas Adams
jolanka
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #484 on: 2009 July 09, 13:25:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I registered here just for this question. Hopefully I'll get an answer next to all the ass driven comments I expect to recieve.

I downloaded the Awesomemod sometime in June. At first it didn't work until I realized that aweconfig.package was not the mod. After I stopped being stupid and downloaded the right stuff, I was happy as a clam until today when I downloaded the EA patch. I did that, the patch installed cleanly and I found that I needed a new awesomemod. Alright, no problem, I downloaded that and even got a new config pack for it. Now the problem is, the mod is not working. I have done all that is listed:

-Manual install
-Install via Delphy's Installer
-deleted caches
-unistalled/reinstalled the mod
-unistalled/reinstalled enablescripterror.package
-restarted the computer at the last minute

The game itself is working, just not the mod. I read somewhere here that the easiest way to see if it's working is to check the fridge for all the foods to serve. My latest save is in the morning, so all that shows up is breakfast dishes, no lunch or dinner dishes. Plus pressing Q still attepmts to quit the game. If anything, I blame my self; I tried to fix something that was not broken. I also find it quite rude that all my lesser mods still work Angry Any answer is appreciated at the moment, and if I have errors in spelling/grammar go ahead and stick me with your sharpest items. I reread this way to many times to have any errors.

I've got same problem. I installed the latest awesomemod version and the game recognize it - I type showconfig and it is displayed properly but none of the mod functions are working Cry I deleted all other mods and reinstalled the game - still the same! The game is patched and I'm using the latest awesome mod. Help, any clues? My neighbourhood suffers! 
I'm quoting woopa because he/she didn't get any answer...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #485 on: 2009 July 09, 13:37:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

3booter works everytime a new build comes out.  In fact, voodoo or not, I use 3booter whenever I install a new build... but Pescado's right, I bet I'm being superstitious. Smiley
3booter works because it is a brute-force application designed to keep banging on it until it does, not because it possesses intrinsic magical properties.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
justerin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #486 on: 2009 July 09, 15:54:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's what I already did. Any sim not being run in high-res simulation that is not actually at work simply doesn't gain work performance. I have no idea why your sims are skipping work/school, though. Mine don't.

Damn!  Lol why must my sims be renegades?  Well no worries, played last night with new shiny build, still going about 50% of the time to work and school.  Ah well, at least they wont get fired, and i guess it's not all that important that they get passing grades.  Silly question probably but how do I tell the game which sims I want running in high-res?  Do they have to be sacred?  I'm tracking several and most of them are 'low detail mode' though a few aren't... not really sure why.  Is it just when they are out and about or something that they are in high detail mode?  Sorry I don't really know how that works and can't seem to find any info about it when searching.

Sympathetic laugh @ Motoki, man I wish I understood this 'voodoo' too.  Just when I think I get these computer things figured out somebody tells me what I did to 'fix' the situation has nothing to do with the problem and couldn't possibly have accomplished anything.  I think I'm gonna start leaving offerings of raw meats in front of my disk drive.  Chanting is also not out of the question.  You mock my superstition but it's all I have!  Lol

edit:  Forgot to add that the 'work&school' option on supreme commander causes an error whenever the sims interact with objects outside of their home, and for some reason it tends to send them to the library... to study most likely, but they are never able to complete the task since they have to be reset.   Sad
« Last Edit: 2009 July 09, 16:34:42 by justerin » Logged
shannong
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #487 on: 2009 July 09, 18:37:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What finally brought the Voodoo Crash completely under control for me was the folllowing hygiene steps:

1. Every time I change/add any package to the game, I always delete all four *Cache.package files before firing up the launcher. This practice alone has made it so that no voodoo crashes have happened for me since I started doing it.

2. What also worked for me before figuring out #1 above was to simply flip the state of the enablescripterror.package.  If the Voodoo Crash occurred, I'd just remove that package if it was present, or add it if it wasn't present. This would always stop the Voodoo Crash for that particular combination of mod packages.
shannong
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #488 on: 2009 July 09, 18:40:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then again, as Pescado states, the above hygiene practices might have the same weight as knocking on wood. Go figure. Tongue
Blaise
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #489 on: 2009 July 09, 18:49:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New features: ANTI RAYMUNDO: Your sims will now read NEW books instead of RAYMUNDO.

Alright, I'll bite. What does RAYMUNDO mean?
sumpsychochic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #490 on: 2009 July 09, 19:01:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New features: ANTI RAYMUNDO: Your sims will now read NEW books instead of RAYMUNDO.

I believe it is one of the books in game that sims read instead of anything else if it is in the house or their inventory.

I   -   S   -  F  -  J
11% 25% 50% 1%
thia
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #491 on: 2009 July 09, 19:14:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I read somewhere in the thread that other ppl are getting messages regarding whats happening to other sims that are not their current active household (not just deaths). How do you get that to show?

Also how do I click and increase the stats meters?

what does wandhere do? (no i never played sims2, so "the sims2 wand thing" doesnt ring a bell)

And is the following normal?
- I switched active household and stood outside the house of the family I was playing. Essentially what happened was they just all went home after school/work, went through thte door and stood there as their stats went down.

- kids all over town are majorly failing school, heck they dont even go

I tried to read through the posts, but then the words got to me =( sorry in advance if I repeated any questions. thx
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #492 on: 2009 July 09, 19:32:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe it is one of the books in game that sims read instead of anything else if it is in the house or their inventory.
Well, everybody loves Raymundo.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 09, 22:19:45 by Zazazu » Logged

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
zeki
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #493 on: 2009 July 09, 19:50:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have two questions.  Tongue

First, a non-sacred family can have new babies? Without my control, of course, and with parthenogenesis enabled. I mean, a girl can suddenly (randonly  Undecided) falling in love, marriege, and have baby...

And a sacred family, that i don't control, can have new babies?
« Last Edit: 2009 July 10, 19:13:20 by zeki » Logged
Nevearo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #494 on: 2009 July 09, 21:40:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, for the third update in a row, my Voodoo management method has worked. I am starting to get a little suspicious that it may not be Voodoo...

I open the .package file with s3pe and remove compression from every file.
The game then runs like magic.

Just to be sure, I went back and redid the compression, and like magic the voodoo crash comes back.
So, this warrants a wider scale testing I think.
ciane
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #495 on: 2009 July 09, 21:57:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thia, Use the search and you don't have to read every post, but please do not tell the members here that you couldn't read through the messages and then expect an answer to something that has already been answered. I did a search for you by simply typing in "wand" and finding the third quote:

One of the new features is a command, wandhere, that does what a Sims 2 magic wand did.  Having never played Sims 2, I have no idea what that implies.  Does anybody know?

I did play Sims 2 and I don't know what this is either.

It was awesomeware, arguably one of Pescado's most amazing inventions. It was an object that, when you dragged it from the buy catalog, would instantly depreciate all of the objects on the lot. It's essentially the same effect as moving a family in, as the act of simply buying an object causes it to become devalued, except that you don't have to bother with any of that crap.
Kitran
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #496 on: 2009 July 10, 00:03:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, everybody loves Raymundo.

I so did not see that one coming.  Roll Eyes

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.  --  Douglas Adams
Batman
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #497 on: 2009 July 10, 03:59:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anyone still having serious lag issues?

I searched the thread so don't yell. I found posts back from mid-june and the last one said that the (what was then) lasted version of the mod fixed the lag from 12:59AM-early morning.

I just got the mod today. My first sim evening with it i experienced god awful lag. from 12:59 - 5:30am it would pause for a 30 sec - couple minutes every 2-5 sim minutes.
Needless to say I sat at my computer drooling and plucking hairs for a good 45 minutes!

The main reason I got the mod was for multiple-households, I've never really had problems with story progression before. But anyway, I just wanted to check if this problem is just me, or if others are also experiencing it and if there is anyway to fix it or at least lessen the damage.

I only have so many hairs to pluck!

Blaise
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #498 on: 2009 July 10, 04:14:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, sumpsychochic, for the reply.
Chyld
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #499 on: 2009 July 10, 04:19:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since nobody has asked yet, could I get some clarification on the "Ancestral Home" feature in the new build?
I take it that when a house is designated 'ancestral' then it's considered a valid move-in option for any members of that family during Story Progression. What other checks apply to moving into an ancestral home? i.e. lot must be empty (no sims), moving sims' must be able to afford the lot, moving family already has a house, etc.
Also if there are multiple descendants then who gets preference or would they merge?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: