More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 08:55:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1722443 times)
simluvr
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #450 on: 2009 July 08, 14:11:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have never had a problem with anything other than the AwesomeMod itself. I have yet to be able to download it, it still times out.  Everything else I download, zips through quickly.   Sad
Cedia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: 2009 July 08, 14:39:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All that said, the odds that anyone who IS subjected to story agression - which are all sims not in your active family and that are not tagged as sacred - would actually marry and have children appears to be extremely small, also according to a previous JMP post. So if I were you, I would not take off the sacred status unless you really don't care what happens to them anymore, but that's just my opinion.

Yes, but with the default story mode features enabled with awesomemod, a lot of those things should not happen, right?  I've found that if I turn Sacred off, they actually go to work now!  This is the one thing that is non-negotiable for me.  I don't want them all standing around losing their careers because I'm not babysitting them.

Maybe if I explain what I'd like to do you can help me some more.  Basically I want to put in a bunch of sims that I made (Tony Stark & his beach house for one  Grin), get each one an entry job (or buy out/rename Doo Whatsit in the case of Tony), and then just play one household while letting the others just do their thing.

cedia.gamerdna.com
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #452 on: 2009 July 08, 14:41:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why, why, why does MATY sometimes just not load pages without me refreshing repeatedly for days at a time, and then work fine other times?  I never have this problem with unimportant sites!

I have the same problem. Sometimes pages don't load at all, other times they load immediately. It's very inconsistent.

Welcome to the internets

It's not quite as inconsistent with most other sites, at least not for me. The tubes to MATY give me more trouble than my other regular sites. But I'll live with it.

I live on an Island. All the tubes are inconsistent, but equally so Tongue

Quill
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #453 on: 2009 July 08, 17:16:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why, why, why does MATY sometimes just not load pages without me refreshing repeatedly for days at a time, and then work fine other times?  I never have this problem with unimportant sites!

I have the same problem. Sometimes pages don't load at all, other times they load immediately. It's very inconsistent.

Welcome to the internets

It's not quite as inconsistent with most other sites, at least not for me. The tubes to MATY give me more trouble than my other regular sites. But I'll live with it.

I live on an Island. All the tubes are inconsistent, but equally so Tongue

Right, because it's your tubes that aren't as perfect as they could be (satellite?), but for those of us who are spoiled with pretty good tubes, MATY is still hard to reach because to get to it we have to use Malaysia's pretty bad tubes.  This makes sense, even if I still curse at the site regularly.  I figured it might be something like that that had been causing the problems, but I was still getting pretty frustrated. 
Batman
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: 2009 July 08, 18:06:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh

Sorry for being lazy and not reading all these posts to find my question..  Roll Eyes

But with the nonuditycensor disabled does inge's no censor mod still work or should I replace his file with the default and then enable AM's censor tool?

Reilune
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: 2009 July 08, 19:16:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is TS2Aging?  Is that the option that allows only your household to age when aging is on?
keirra
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #456 on: 2009 July 08, 19:16:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is TS2Aging?  Is that the option that allows only your household to age when aging is on?

Yes.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: 2009 July 08, 19:26:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but with the default story mode features enabled with awesomemod, a lot of those things should not happen, right?  I've found that if I turn Sacred off, they actually go to work now!  This is the one thing that is non-negotiable for me.  I don't want them all standing around losing their careers because I'm not babysitting them.
Sacred On/Off shouldn't affect whether or not they go to work. My sims go to work just fine. I think it has to do with the simulation scope and various other sundry details. You could try radar-tracking them and finding out where they are when they SHOULD be at work, and going to see WTF they're doing to not be at work.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Reilune
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: 2009 July 08, 19:30:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes.

So, once enabled, the neighborhood should not age?
keirra
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: 2009 July 08, 19:34:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes.

Yes. "Sims 2-style Aging: Only currently played household ages."
Reilune
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #460 on: 2009 July 08, 19:38:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes.

Yes. "Sims 2-style Aging: Only currently played household ages."

Okay sweet, thanks you guys!
justerin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #461 on: 2009 July 08, 21:19:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been having the same problem that a few people have mentioned with my non played sims failing to go to work/school.  Sometimes they do, but it's pretty inconsistent.  I have them all on my radar tracking and I noticed that they tend to 'go to the park' at the most bizarre times of day - like 4:30am - with their entire family, kids included.  They stand around in the park until they are tired and then go home to sleep, seemingly unaware of the time of day.   Roll Eyes

When they are well rested and in a good mood they have no trouble getting to work/school (unless they run into route fail issues trying to get out the door or into the school/workplace itself, but thats a whole other kettle of fish.)  I have started just ctrl-clicking each house at around 5am, making sure they are all at home and just maxing their motives.  They tend to get on with their days.  Its pretty lame though having to cheat just to get things functioning in a playable way.  I really want my chosen family's children to befriend each other at school/work, and I don't want them to be getting failing grades or getting fired.  I mean, I wan't them to fail if they deserve it due to traits and life's many complications but at the moment they aren't really getting a fair rap.  They just all fail, even the genious workaholics.  Thats clearly not right.  It's one thing if they didn't get any sleep last night because they were up fighting with each other, but if they didn't get any sleep because they were just standing around tapping their feet while standing right outside their front doors... well that's just silly.  Undecided  Originally I thought that sims did go to sleep with their schedules in mind, but maybe they were just deciding to go to sleep when they weren't tired in an attempt to confuse and frustrate me. 

Is there some way to tell uncontrolled families to go to sleep in time for them to get up for work or school without having to switch families and use the 'go to bed' command for each household member?  A similar command that effects the whole household would make things quicker at least, since it is fantastically great how quick it is to switch households now.   Cheesy
If I put on supreme commander and tell my sims to power idle or some such thing will that make them more aware of when they need to sleep or will they stand around until they get a negmoodlet before attending to their sleepiness?  (I think I'm going to try it if nothing else to stop them from going to the park all the time.)  I also worry that their relationships will decay if I tell them to power idle since they won't socialize with each other unless I am controlling them... is there even relationship decay for uncontrolled sims? 

Anyway if anyone has come up with a better way of dealing with lazy uncontrolled simidiots I would be much obliged.

On a side note... it occurrs to me that I spend more time scowering this lovely site looking for fixes and advice than I spend actually playing this abomination.  I keep thinking 'Oh if just this one little thing was fixed then it would be playable...'  But there always seems to be something else that drives me nuts.  Thanks to the management for the many 'little (and big) things' that have been fixed so far.  Fingers crossed that this one will join those ranks, fast fading from my memory.   Grin
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #462 on: 2009 July 08, 21:56:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This wouldn't fix the problem of sims skipping work/school... but maybe Pesc could make it so non-active sims who are skipping work/school wouldn't receive a work performance penalty for not showing up... instead it'd be locked until they showed up.
justerin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #463 on: 2009 July 08, 22:09:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm not ideal, but at least they wouldn't all be flunking.  I can just disallow NPC Work Performance Gain for chosen to keep them from being fired but doesn't fix the issue of me having to 'make-believe' that anything is going on outside my controlled family.  ex. If I'm controlling a girl with a journalism career, and her best friend is a co-worker, it's a little annoying when that best friend is just wandering around town pointlessly when she's supposed to be working along side my girl.   Tongue  
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #464 on: 2009 July 08, 23:03:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm not ideal, but at least they wouldn't all be flunking.  I can just disallow NPC Work Performance Gain for chosen to keep them from being fired but doesn't fix the issue of me having to 'make-believe' that anything is going on outside my controlled family.  ex. If I'm controlling a girl with a journalism career, and her best friend is a co-worker, it's a little annoying when that best friend is just wandering around town pointlessly when she's supposed to be working along side my girl.   Tongue  

No, that answer is not ideal, but it may be the best solution we can get for now, considering what we're working with here. What you are describing is the game that a lot of us wanted, but it's not the game that EA made. It may be that we'll just have to wait until we have even more powerful PC's before we'll completely get what we want. In the meantime I'm sure that Pescado will fix whatever he/they can.

I know that many people started to report that their sims were getting demoted and kids flunking school about the time that the NPC work performance gain was added to AwsomeMod. I could have sworn that Pescado said he fixed the problem but it seems to me that there are still lots of people reporting this as an issue. Do you use Supreme Commander? Maybe it's some combination of things that are causing it. I might try to experiment on some test sims to see if it's being caused by certain features. I don't use SC as of yet so I can see what happens with certain features enabled/disabled without it.
justerin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #465 on: 2009 July 09, 00:16:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems odd to me that the game would make it so diffucult to just get those little buggers to go to work.  They do nothing else all day!  What's their excuse?   Grin 
What you are describing is the game that a lot of us wanted, but it's not the game that EA made. It may be that we'll just have to wait until we have even more powerful PC's before we'll completely get what we want. In the meantime I'm sure that Pescado will fix whatever he/they can.
I think the game a lot of us wanted requires more than just the simple action of the non playabled going to work/school, or at least the one I wanted did!  I only get bothered about stuff that seems so blatantly borked... but your probably right, EA likely didn't put enough thought into this feature either.  Still, if we all just accepted that there wouldn't have been Awsomemod!!  At any rate, to answer your question yes I use supreme commander, but only in terms of switching houses and tracking sims on radar, I haven't played around with the powertasking function.  I don't have time since I'm workin' atm (okay clearly not working but hehe, supposed to be...) but I do want to try using those options for my noncontrolled sims to see if it forces them to be responsible when not controlled.  That would be schweet. 
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #466 on: 2009 July 09, 01:13:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On this build having the CAS slider modifier (2X) option enabled in the config is suddenly crashing the game 100% of the time for me on initial loading screen whereas it never did that before.

Not a huge deal, I just disabled it and game loads fine now, but it did take me some trial and error to pinpoint the specific config option causing the problem.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #467 on: 2009 July 09, 02:08:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2ray crash on loading screen is purely voodoo and nothing you ACTUALLY do causes it. It is apparently some kind of obscure thread-load race condition.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baronet
SimDebster
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #468 on: 2009 July 09, 02:28:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you, by chance, running ie8?  I ran into that when using ie8.  I switched to Firefox and have not had a problem since.
minidoxigirli
Feckless Fool

ESFP- I'm a speshul snowflake

View Profile
« Reply #469 on: 2009 July 09, 02:32:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Never had a problem using Chrome.

My claim to Sims fame?  I was featured as a Sims 2 fan on an MTV show about The Urbz.  I'm badass like that.
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #470 on: 2009 July 09, 03:15:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use Firefox, and experience occasional page load errors, but they're rare, except when there's a memorial service for Michael Jackson, and everyone and their dog feels the need to tweet about it.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #471 on: 2009 July 09, 03:16:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This wouldn't fix the problem of sims skipping work/school... but maybe Pesc could make it so non-active sims who are skipping work/school wouldn't receive a work performance penalty for not showing up... instead it'd be locked until they showed up.
That's what I already did. Any sim not being run in high-res simulation that is not actually at work simply doesn't gain work performance. I have no idea why your sims are skipping work/school, though. Mine don't.

smokeverbs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #472 on: 2009 July 09, 03:51:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's a question I've had for awhile. What makes certain sims drop down to "Low Detail" in the radar?
quetzilla
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #473 on: 2009 July 09, 03:52:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use Firefox, and experience occasional page load errors, but they're rare, except when there's a memorial service for Michael Jackson, and everyone and their dog feels the need to tweet about it.

I also use Firefox and I have zero problems loading this site, and I'm a compulsive refresher with 4 different forum threads open at once...
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #474 on: 2009 July 09, 04:15:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2ray crash on loading screen is purely voodoo and nothing you ACTUALLY do causes it. It is apparently some kind of obscure thread-load race condition.

Ugh yeah I just found out you're right about that. The latest build is fuct again on loading with the same config file that worked on the last one. It of course loads if I take the config file out  Tongue but I don't necessarily want all the defaults so I guess I have to tweak around with the config and see which options I can live with or without to get the damned thing to load.  Undecided

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: