More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 18:58:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1722569 times)
smokeverbs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #400 on: 2009 July 06, 18:42:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is probably just graphical corruption from the "serialization" process that can result when you change mods or update mods. If it goes away, the problem is harmless, but depending on what you yank out, it can explode your game unless you revert and "park". It is unlikely that AwesomeMod upgrades will do this since it doesn't blow up my game, which constantly version-changes, but you never know. It's a risk you take when playing with mods.

Aha, but I have not removed (or added) anything new. I run Awesomemod, HP's default skins, dontpickupfirepits and cyberops steal xml, and the only thing that's changed is every new build of Awesomemod.

I have a theory that I can't check until later. This is a new neighborhood, not a new install. I turned on tracking and sacred for the house in my above screens, and then I went into the house and attempted to turn on SC for one of the people. Does one have anything to do with the other? Folks have mentioned a link between SC and Tracking before, or am I thinking completely sideways?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: 2009 July 06, 18:45:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aha, but I have not removed (or added) anything new. I run Awesomemod, HP's default skins, dontpickupfirepits and cyberops steal xml, and the only thing that's changed is every new build of Awesomemod.
Yes, sometimes changes in AwesomeMod can result in minor things like that, which usually clear up when you resetsim or just queue something else.

I have a theory that I can't check until later. This is a new neighborhood, not a new install. I turned on tracking and sacred for the house in my above screens, and then I went into the house and attempted to turn on SC for one of the people. Does one have anything to do with the other? Folks have mentioned a link between SC and Tracking before, or am I thinking completely sideways?
Unlikely. The two are unrelated and don't really crosstalk. One thing you can try is typing "uninstall" into the console, which should reset absolutely everything and wipe all your settings.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
lezboo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Question
« Reply #402 on: 2009 July 06, 19:03:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded the EA patch patch , but i still don't think it work correctly.  Can I still Download
MATY fix?
Rockermonkey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Question
« Reply #403 on: 2009 July 06, 19:11:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes you can still download it...
Mire Krisma
Pancake Fucker
Retardo Lander

INTP (allegedly)

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: 2009 July 06, 19:11:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To the best of my knowledge, the EA patch doesn't conflict with AwesomeMod. However a corrupted patch can possibly FUBAR your game with or without AwesomeMod.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 06, 21:18:16 by Mire Krisma » Logged
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #405 on: 2009 July 06, 19:22:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was thinking of giving this another go to see if it has stopped crashing my game yet.  But as I can't face reading back through 27 pages, can anyone tell me if it yet addresses the fact that neighbors won't pair up, get married, or move in together while not in play?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: 2009 July 06, 19:32:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was thinking of giving this another go to see if it has stopped crashing my game yet.  But as I can't face reading back through 27 pages, can anyone tell me if it yet addresses the fact that neighbors won't pair up, get married, or move in together while not in play?

Nothing's changed on that front as far as I can tell, Inge.  I've resorted to having large families and marrying them off, then switching households in the middle of the night to get them pregnant.  Half the town is now related in one way or another, but they don't recognize it beyond true first cousins.  I did marry one guy to his first cousin once removed.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
NoOrdinaryRabbit
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: 2009 July 06, 19:52:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Harder jobs - awesome for some of my neighborhoods but not wanted in all of them.

Is there a way to disable this feature, through xmls or the aweconfig.package?
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: 2009 July 06, 20:28:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To the best of my knowledge, the EA patch doesn't conflict with AwesomeMod. However a corrupted patch can possibly FUBAR your game with or without AwesomeMod.

I was under the impression that the current AwesomeMod build requires the patch. Or am I wrong?

I sing along with elevator music.
alaira
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: 2009 July 06, 20:48:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I ran awesomemod without a patched game until yesterday.  I didn't notice any problems.
Kitran
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: 2009 July 07, 00:01:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, been using AwesomeMod and it runs wonderfully but I have a minor issue and I've been trying to see if it's already been answered so forgive me if it is.  Every time I switch back to my family (which is Sacred) after playing another for awhile, I find that one of the parents has lost their job, one hasn't been going to theirs at all and the kids are failing in school.  Also, I notice that they are aging (which I might've wrongly assumed that Sacred also meant they didn't age either).  I was wondering if I needed to disable Story Progression from EA's options or would that also disable AwesomeMod's Story Progressions?  And.. is there a way to disable aging for Sacred Sims?

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.  --  Douglas Adams
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: 2009 July 07, 00:26:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, been using AwesomeMod and it runs wonderfully but I have a minor issue and I've been trying to see if it's already been answered so forgive me if it is.  Every time I switch back to my family (which is Sacred) after playing another for awhile, I find that one of the parents has lost their job, one hasn't been going to theirs at all and the kids are failing in school.  Also, I notice that they are aging (which I might've wrongly assumed that Sacred also meant they didn't age either).  I was wondering if I needed to disable Story Progression from EA's options or would that also disable AwesomeMod's Story Progressions?  And.. is there a way to disable aging for Sacred Sims?

So far I haven't switched households much so haven't experienced this personally, but quite a few people have been reporting this problem. I don't think it's related to "story aggression" (my favorite name for it!). If I had to take a wild-assed guess, I would think that the Game-Play Features - Jobs functions could be culprits. Those are the options that allow inactive skill gain, valid bosses, etc. I could certainly be wrong about that, though. In any case I have not seen any solutions posted as of yet.

As for turning off aging, there is currently no such function available but in the AM Requests thread JMP posted that it could be possible in the future. Check out the most recent posts in the AwsomeMod Requests thread for additional discussion on aging.
DMDye
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: 2009 July 07, 03:14:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TestingCheats no longer enabled with the Awesome Mod?  It worked fine until the last 2 builds for me.  Huh
awrevell
Blathering Buffoon

Old School Charm

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: 2009 July 07, 03:28:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is now a AWESOMEMOD config setting that controls whether that is on.  It is disabled by default but you can change it with the AwesomeMod Configuration Tool.

C++ is designed to allow you to express ideas, but if you don't have ideas, or don't have any clue about how to express them, C++ doesn't offer much help.  - Bjarne Stroustrup
DMDye
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: 2009 July 07, 03:37:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you! I shall go look for that.  Smiley
getinmybelly
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: 2009 July 07, 08:46:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Google gods have failed me, so I will ask here:

Since I installed AwesomeMod, Sims in my inactive houses will refuse to go to work and school.  And when I switch over to those households, they still pretend that they don't need or want to go.  AwesomeMod has in every other way been fantastic, so I loathe the idea of not using it.

Any ideas, guys?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: 2009 July 07, 09:24:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That seems to be mostly normal behavior, actually. The game is rather lax about simulating the activities of "inactive" households.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Olop
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: 2009 July 07, 11:01:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello there, I'm the new shy guy here ;p

First of all: It was a really good idea to make a mod which is so adaptable to the wishes of every single user.

BUT the thing is, that it's not working for every user :p

I put the resource.cfg into the sims3 dir.
Put the config.php and awesome.package into the sims3/mods/packages dir.
The game (1.2.7) freezes right in the beginning of the loading screen - there's no green bar growing and even the loading screen music woun't play.
I deleted the cache-files in the documents/sims3 dir and tried and tried and tried...
After installing the enablescripterror.package into my sims3/mods/packages dir the game even doesn't show the loading screen. It crashes right in the beginning.

There are so many options and I made my Sims like I wanted it, but then the whole thing wouldn't work even though I don't use any other mods.
I was so dissapointed Sad
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: 2009 July 07, 11:16:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you might have your browser incorrectly configured: you shouldn't have downloaded a config.php file, but an aweconf.package. Althought I suspect the content is the same, the name is different, and that could explain why it's not recognized by the game and maybe why it crashes.
Try renaming the config.php in aweconf.package, and/or redownload.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Bababorg
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: 2009 July 07, 12:48:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello there, I'm the new shy guy here ;p

First of all: It was a really good idea to make a mod which is so adaptable to the wishes of every single user.

BUT the thing is, that it's not working for every user :p

I put the resource.cfg into the sims3 dir.
The game (1.2.7) freezes right in the beginning of the loading screen - there's no green bar growing and even the loading screen music woun't play.
I deleted the cache-files in the documents/sims3 dir and tried and tried and tried...
After installing the enablescripterror.package into my sims3/mods/packages dir the game even doesn't show the loading screen. It crashes right in the beginning.

There are so many options and I made my Sims like I wanted it, but then the whole thing wouldn't work even though I don't use any other mods.
I was so dissapointed Sad

I had this exactly this problem and it seemed that I had written over my the resource.cfc file in the main download directory. All I had to do to was to reintall the monkey installer.
cefwyn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: 2009 July 07, 14:13:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone else noticed a problem with the criminal career rabbit hole as of the latest revision of AwesomeMod? I don't know if it happens to sims who already have the career and have been going to work before AwesomeMod, but 2 of my sims who have taken the criminal career can't actually go to work because the door to the building doesn't open, or at least when they get to the door they don't phase into it like they do with any other career rabbit hole and they just get the bubble over their head meaning they can't go there.

EDIT: This may only be broken in the Riverview neighborhood. I need to test the other.

EDIT2: The other neighborhood's rabbit hole seems fine and a new neighborhood of either works just fine. The problem is definitely connected to the latest revision of AwesomeMod but it looks like it'll just be easier to start over with my neighborhood.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 07, 14:29:23 by cefwyn » Logged
Cedia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: 2009 July 07, 14:19:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That seems to be mostly normal behavior, actually. The game is rather lax about simulating the activities of "inactive" households.

So setting as Sacred has nothing to do with job security?  What exactly does it affect, then?  "Random toadyings" is a bit unclear to me.

cedia.gamerdna.com
cefwyn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: 2009 July 07, 14:33:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So setting as Sacred has nothing to do with job security?  What exactly does it affect, then?  "Random toadyings" is a bit unclear to me.

I was under the impression that Sacred prevents those sims from switching jobs randomly, or getting married to random sims, or having children without your direction. It also appears to make their motives a little more static as rather then nuking their motives like the game does to everyone else my sacred sims tend to be pretty much the same as when I switched away from them.
Cedia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: 2009 July 07, 16:00:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was under the impression that Sacred prevents those sims from switching jobs randomly, or getting married to random sims, or having children without your direction. It also appears to make their motives a little more static as rather then nuking their motives like the game does to everyone else my sacred sims tend to be pretty much the same as when I switched away from them.

Thank you very much for the clarification!  I will now take the Sacred tag off a few of mine because I'd like them to randomly marry and breed just to see what weird combinations they come up with.

So there is no option for job security?  A pity...

cedia.gamerdna.com
Ruann
Dimwitted Dunce

An overactive male imagination

View Profile WWW
« Reply #424 on: 2009 July 07, 18:36:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone else noticed a problem with the criminal career rabbit hole as of the latest revision of AwesomeMod? I don't know if it happens to sims who already have the career and have been going to work before AwesomeMod, but 2 of my sims who have taken the criminal career can't actually go to work because the door to the building doesn't open, or at least when they get to the door they don't phase into it like they do with any other career rabbit hole and they just get the bubble over their head meaning they can't go there.

EDIT: This may only be broken in the Riverview neighborhood. I need to test the other.

EDIT2: The other neighborhood's rabbit hole seems fine and a new neighborhood of either works just fine. The problem is definitely connected to the latest revision of AwesomeMod but it looks like it'll just be easier to start over with my neighborhood.

That's not Awesomemod.  That's EA borking the thing when an opportunity triggers on it.  The entrance borks and stops working.  Just edit the lot and replace the building (use moveobjects on if you need to) and it will work fine after that.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: