More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 06:09:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1722667 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #375 on: 2009 July 05, 17:40:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the file has been truncated to 0 bytes, either it is still uploading, or was pulled in an emergency due to an emergency bug repair.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: 2009 July 05, 17:49:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I keep getting a "network time out" message on Firefox whenever I try to download Awesome Mod.

Is anybody else having this problem?
nythawk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: 2009 July 05, 18:06:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok. I've read through this tread AND done a search but haven't found anything really pertaining to this. Is Awesome mod compatible with the new EA patch? It was working flawlessly and I LOVE it, can't really live without it right now. But after installing the new patch my game crashes on the load screen. If I take awesomemod out the game runs. But if I reinstall it, the game crashes. Any help here? I really love this mod!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: 2009 July 05, 19:08:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See main thread. This is a normal glitch in the EA game engine, it will crash at random, just keep banging on it. Try using 3booter to automate the process.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
quetzilla
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: 2009 July 05, 23:12:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just curious what the status is as far as the No Parthenogensis option and towns keeping a stable population.  I'd heard that having that option enabled basically meant that very few kids end up being born but that it was being worked on so I was wondering what the situation is...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Awesome Mod and EA patch installed, Story progression and Aging won't turn o
« Reply #380 on: 2009 July 06, 01:44:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aging is not a random toading, it's a deterministic and predictable process. If you want to stop your other sims from aging, use TS2Aging. Then it will function like TS2.

Argon
Juvenile Jackass

What Would Brian Kinney Do?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #381 on: 2009 July 06, 05:59:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just started a new neighborhood and the supreme commander action icon (that you can select the macro from) doesn't show up. Map view says they're on power idle, but selecting the sim shows a blinking queue.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia Ge-Force GTS 450 1GB, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, WSXGA+ (1680x1050), Windows 7 Pro x64

Laptop: Sony VAIO VPCYB15KX, AMD Dual-Core E-350 1.60 GHz, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6310, WXGA (1366x768), Windows 7 Pro x86
Wolfeyes
Furry Yifftard
Retardo Lander

INFJ - 7, Very "F"

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: 2009 July 06, 09:42:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm... was playing w/Robotic Hand of God on for the first time today and it seems to have developed a bit of kleptomania... as when my sims go to make some drinks at their bar... the serving tray lasts long enough for the 4 drinks to be poured... and my sim can start to take a drink and then POOF... the whole thing disappears... not so great for those who are "Legendary Hosts"...   Wink   Smiley

"Life is not about surviving the storms but rather how to dance in the rain" ~

Luther Vandross ~ Forever, For Always, For Love ~ 2005

Genius - Flirty - Friendly - Good Sense of Humor - Great Kisser ~
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: 2009 July 06, 09:52:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just started a new neighborhood and the supreme commander action icon (that you can select the macro from) doesn't show up. Map view says they're on power idle, but selecting the sim shows a blinking queue.
Old bug, reupdate.

Heinel
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #384 on: 2009 July 06, 09:53:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm... was playing w/Robotic Hand of God on for the first time today and it seems to have developed a bit of kleptomania... as when my sims go to make some drinks at their bar... the serving tray lasts long enough for the 4 drinks to be poured... and my sim can start to take a drink and then POOF... the whole thing disappears... not so great for those who are "Legendary Hosts"...   Wink   Smiley
I only turn it on when the garbage gets out of hand.  Though it'd be cool if there is a hotkey for robotichandofgod so we don't need to type the whole setconfig robotfdkslafjdsl on and just need to say go CTRL R or something to make things go poof and then again to disable the option.
PolecatEZ
Blathering Buffoon

Necatur Americanus - and I vote!

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: 2009 July 06, 10:04:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm... was playing w/Robotic Hand of God on for the first time today and it seems to have developed a bit of kleptomania... as when my sims go to make some drinks at their bar... the serving tray lasts long enough for the 4 drinks to be poured... and my sim can start to take a drink and then POOF... the whole thing disappears... not so great for those who are "Legendary Hosts"...   Wink   Smiley
I only turn it on when the garbage gets out of hand.  Though it'd be cool if there is a hotkey for robotichandofgod so we don't need to type the whole setconfig robotfdkslafjdsl on and just need to say go CTRL R or something to make things go poof and then again to disable the option.

MTS2 has a macro hotkey maker for console commands, I think it stores up to 10 that can be hotkeyed to your F1-10 buttons.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: 2009 July 06, 10:29:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's still going on? I will retest.

Argon
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #387 on: 2009 July 06, 10:38:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Old bug, reupdate.

7/5/2009 5:03 am is the current one right? That's what I'm having problems with.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia Ge-Force GTS 450 1GB, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, WSXGA+ (1680x1050), Windows 7 Pro x64

Laptop: Sony VAIO VPCYB15KX, AMD Dual-Core E-350 1.60 GHz, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6310, WXGA (1366x768), Windows 7 Pro x86
smokeverbs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: 2009 July 06, 11:23:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having the same problems with SC. It's been working great until the last 2 builds. I started a new neighborhood today, and SC is completely borked.
When I click to enable Supreme Commander, I get no SC icon, and I get a flood of Bathroom Uses You queued actions that reaches clear across the screen. The odd thing, is this is after only enabling SC on 1 out of 2 sims in the house.

This sim has SC enabled.

This sim does not have SC enabled.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: 2009 July 06, 11:40:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that's just graphical corruption caused by some changes to the system. It will go away and things should return to normal after that.

smokeverbs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: 2009 July 06, 11:47:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It doesn't go away, sir. I can't even click the icons to cancel them.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: 2009 July 06, 11:47:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Queue something else.

smokeverbs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: 2009 July 06, 11:52:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tried that. Clicked on "wake up"... and the flood of BUY commands disappeared, but the corrupted "sleep" icon is still there, and new commands overlap it, and still no working SC.

My fault for using this awesome-but-experimental feature in the first place?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: 2009 July 06, 11:56:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try resetsim?

smokeverbs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: 2009 July 06, 12:12:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't want to leave you hanging, but I have to go to work. I'll experiment more this evening.
LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: 2009 July 06, 14:11:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the long queue of repeats, all sleeping orders. They all were the same, the status bar filled on all of the icons at the same time. It went away after the sim woke up. This was on a sim that did not have SupCom enabled. I had to go to work, will check again when I get home to see if it still happening.

I'm still getting sims go to idle if I order them to collect seeds or collect everything, but they are fine with collect bugs or collect rocks. Works OK if I get them off the lot first. They go to the corner of the house and hang out. If I order work out while they are on the lot - either cardio or strength - they run back and forth from the tv to the outside. Again, works fine if I get them off the lot first.

This first part should go in the bugginess thread, no? Just realized as I'm looking at the thread title, but following on the earlier comments.

Requests for Supreme Commander:

- task - garden is only available after skill is at 10, but I sometimes want the sim to garden to skill up and not to read. Can task - garden be added even if the skill is not complete?

- it's a ton of fine-tuning but would it be possible to separate down the collection so they just collect one type of seed/one type of rock etc? I'm sick of collecting rare seeds and space rocks when I want special seeds and gems. Not really a big deal, just a Christmas wish.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: 2009 July 06, 15:11:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the long queue of repeats, all sleeping orders. They all were the same, the status bar filled on all of the icons at the same time. It went away after the sim woke up. This was on a sim that did not have SupCom enabled. I had to go to work, will check again when I get home to see if it still happening.
This is probably just graphical corruption from the "serialization" process that can result when you change mods or update mods. If it goes away, the problem is harmless, but depending on what you yank out, it can explode your game unless you revert and "park". It is unlikely that AwesomeMod upgrades will do this since it doesn't blow up my game, which constantly version-changes, but you never know. It's a risk you take when playing with mods.

I'm still getting sims go to idle if I order them to collect seeds or collect everything, but they are fine with collect bugs or collect rocks. Works OK if I get them off the lot first. They go to the corner of the house and hang out. If I order work out while they are on the lot - either cardio or strength - they run back and forth from the tv to the outside. Again, works fine if I get them off the lot first.
There are a few known issues with the collection of Seeds in the present version that will be resolved in the next. Fat Gwilly People already reported that.

- task - garden is only available after skill is at 10, but I sometimes want the sim to garden to skill up and not to read. Can task - garden be added even if the skill is not complete?
Skil: Garden preferentially chooses to perform actual gardening as its first priority task, so it is superfluous to have two. In fact, internally, they're actually just two heads of the same dragon, so they can't really be "seperated" because they are, in fact, the same beast.

- it's a ton of fine-tuning but would it be possible to separate down the collection so they just collect one type of seed/one type of rock etc? I'm sick of collecting rare seeds and space rocks when I want special seeds and gems. Not really a big deal, just a Christmas wish.
Supreme Commander is intentionally coded not to grant psychic powers of perception, so it can only really discern what you can discern. "Rares" can include valuable things like Flame Fruits and Life Fruits, so Supreme Commander will collect them if they appear to be of high value or unknown.

Argon
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #397 on: 2009 July 06, 17:52:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is probably just graphical corruption from the "serialization" process that can result when you change mods or update mods. If it goes away, the problem is harmless, but depending on what you yank out, it can explode your game unless you revert and "park". It is unlikely that AwesomeMod upgrades will do this since it doesn't blow up my game, which constantly version-changes, but you never know. It's a risk you take when playing with mods.

I'm having the same problem with my fresh install, never been run with the my documents folder deleted, so it can't be from an old version of the mod. The long queue shows up when a sim running SC but doesn't have a working action icon ends an interaction or when you switch from that sim to one not running SC.

Edit: Ah resetsim [first and last] got the icon to show up finally
« Last Edit: 2009 July 06, 17:58:55 by Argon » Logged

Nancy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Refrigerator Portal - how does it work?
« Reply #398 on: 2009 July 06, 18:26:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed the awesomemod - only game cheat I am using.

Now I felt confident and had my young adult sim move out of her parents  house on her own.

Maybe because she used to live there - but she has an option on her parents house says to "Open Refrigerator Portal".

Sounds great!   But I click to open the refrigerator portal - and it LOOKS LIKE I was in the house and did an open on the refrigerator.   However, I can't seem to drag anything between the refrigerator and her inventory - it doesn't work at all - nothing takes to dragging at all.

I've done this dragging a million times in a regular  household - sims lives there - do an open on the refrigerator, drag things around (like get more bait for the guy who is way out there fishing....).

Is this a bug on the option?

Nancy
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: Refrigerator Portal - how does it work?
« Reply #399 on: 2009 July 06, 18:39:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You may want to ask this in the AwesomeMod section - as far as I am aware, this is not a normal feature of the game.

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: