More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 10:26:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 5 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1722471 times)
skelley
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #325 on: 2009 July 02, 14:47:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The romance tree certainly sucks.

I've just had a sim age up to YA, so I think I'll try the "jump into bed without flirting first" for his first romance. Hopefully it will be quicker that way.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: 2009 July 02, 16:14:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sim "foreplay" is weird. It is seems so utterly devoid of any passion whatsoever that you have to wonder if they're preparing to pass out rather than fuck.

* phyllis giggles!

Pes, in all these years I don't think I've ever seen you say "fuck."  You make made me giggle out loud!

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Tasia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: 2009 July 02, 16:44:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1 Question about the EnablePedophilia       

Enables pedophilia Option

If i enable this will i be able to have my teens date any age from Teen - Elders or adults and can my teens have babies as well as my same sex couple like female/female Male/male?
moondance
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: 2009 July 02, 16:45:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See, this would actually be realistic had EA implemented the 'socialization trees' correctly. In real life, if you don't want to get romantic with a friend, you'd joke around and try to ruin the mood. This is probably what EA had in mind. Of course, they manage to screw it up impressively and annoy their players to death.
True, but even that depends on the people, relationship, and situation.  In my real life, if my bf or I  ruined the mood every time we made a joke or found something funny, we'd never have sex at all.
steveuk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: 2009 July 02, 16:56:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If i enable this will i be able to have my teens date any age from Teen - Elders or adults and can my teens have babies as well as my same sex couple like female/female Male/male?

No.

Sorry will try to be more helpful  Grin to enable the above I would suggest you check out a mod at sexysims 2
« Last Edit: 2009 July 02, 17:04:47 by steveuk » Logged
Tasia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: 2009 July 02, 17:01:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No

so what does it do?
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #331 on: 2009 July 02, 17:03:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Enables Pedophilia. Duh.

Crmelsimlover
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: 2009 July 02, 17:12:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No

so what does it do?

Tasia, if you read post #2 at the beginning of this thread, it tells you exactly what it does.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: 2009 July 02, 17:33:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am never going to make weird mpreg features, because, frankly, it is STUPID. However, I will cater to your weird desires to have create spawn from arbitrary sims regardless of incompatibility issues by allowing you to commission artificially incubated simu-drones at the Science Lab. May as well make those rabbit holes do something useful. Of course, there's a few caveats there, too: If, for some odd reason, you decide you want to create your artificially incubated simu-drone from two females, you will not be able to produce any males this way as none of the participants have any Y chromosomes to use to create a male with.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
shannong
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: 2009 July 02, 17:57:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been able to get them to woohoo in bed without having them do any flirt actions previous to having them relax in bed. If it weren't for that, my Sims wouldn't get to woohoo at all. I can't stand going through the whole romance tree every time.

Second that.  I've tested for certain that if you just tell both sims to Relax in Bed, once they're relaxing you can tell either of them to initiate WhooHoo. It's possible they might need to be engaged or married (only tested this on engaged sims).
simmilk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: 2009 July 02, 18:01:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will cater to your weird desires to have create spawn from arbitrary sims regardless of incompatibility issues by allowing you to commission artificially incubated simu-drones at the Science Lab.
This would be awesome. 
shannong
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: 2009 July 02, 18:12:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will cater to your weird desires to have create spawn from arbitrary sims regardless of incompatibility issues by allowing you to commission artificially incubated simu-drones at the Science Lab.
This would be awesome. 

+1
nattykingkong
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: 2009 July 02, 19:26:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does making a house Sacred save the wishes and opportunities when active household is changed? Or is there a way to add new families without making them active? - i.e give them enough money to buy a house without making them active.

Also, will the mayor of my town always be known as a sex offender!?
shivafang
Asinine Airhead

INTP: Loner, Childish, D/L Children

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: 2009 July 02, 19:32:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Second that.  I've tested for certain that if you just tell both sims to Relax in Bed, once they're relaxing you can tell either of them to initiate WhooHoo. It's possible they might need to be engaged or married (only tested this on engaged sims).

I think it works with any sims regardless of relationship status (only requirement is LTR ~60, which I believe is just above good friend).  My first legacy game (just before I discovered awesomemod) my female founder was attracted to her police partner (Hank Goddard) so I moved him in.  Being new to the game I didn't know how relationship levels worked, and I wasn't sure how to break off the engagement (I could never find the fiancee when I tried to look for her)

The two sims never even fell in love (red heart), which suited Hank's commitment issues just fine, but yet he fathered two children.  Go figure.  (He cried for days when his fiancee died of old age, even though their relationship was at -100, because I testing cheats slid it, and he hadn't spoken to her since he moved in with Allegra - who btw was based off of Allegra Gorey from TS2 University)
« Last Edit: 2009 July 02, 19:42:25 by shivafang » Logged
cefwyn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: 2009 July 02, 19:41:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am never going to make weird mpreg features, because, frankly, it is STUPID. However, I will cater to your weird desires to have create spawn from arbitrary sims regardless of incompatibility issues by allowing you to commission artificially incubated simu-drones at the Science Lab. May as well make those rabbit holes do something useful. Of course, there's a few caveats there, too: If, for some odd reason, you decide you want to create your artificially incubated simu-drone from two females, you will not be able to produce any males this way as none of the participants have any Y chromosomes to use to create a male with.

Hehe, yeah that stuff creeps me out as well. Still sounds like a cool idea if it could be done without being romantically involved to sort of simulate that whole sperm bank nonsense. Would the fact that females don't have a Y chromosome really have any affect in Sims 3, or are you just deciding to make it so? From what I've seen of the genetics in the game I wouldn't think it would even have a clue what a chromosome is.
shivafang
Asinine Airhead

INTP: Loner, Childish, D/L Children

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: 2009 July 02, 19:47:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would the fact that females don't have a Y chromosome really have any affect in Sims 3, or are you just deciding to make it so? From what I've seen of the genetics in the game I wouldn't think it would even have a clue what a chromosome is.

He's probably making it so based on human genetics, which is realistic if you think of sims as humans.  (I prefer to think of them as a separate lifeform that's similar to humans, but only have a lifespan of 76 hours - 24minutes*190'days'/60minperhour)

(interesting fact - some birds and fish have ZW pairings where males produce ZZ and females produce ZW, meaning the female produces both the male and the female chromosome and the males only produces male chromosome.)
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: 2009 July 02, 20:13:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mod the Sims now has a hack for male/male pregnancy and female/female pregnancy.  I'm not sure if a male becoming pregnant will result in a floating head or not though... You might have to find and download maternity wear for males.  (or make it if you know how).

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=352028

Conflicts with Awesomemod
« Last Edit: 2009 July 02, 22:31:04 by Simius » Logged
awrevell
Blathering Buffoon

Old School Charm

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: 2009 July 02, 20:46:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is a very cool idea!  It would be neat if it took several days to incubate and could be the result of a single doner genetics as well for a true clone. 

C++ is designed to allow you to express ideas, but if you don't have ideas, or don't have any clue about how to express them, C++ doesn't offer much help.  - Bjarne Stroustrup
LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: 2009 July 02, 21:32:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mod the Sims now has a hack for male/male pregnancy and female/female pregnancy.  I'm not sure if a male becoming pregnant will result in a floating head or not though... You might have to find and download maternity wear for males.  (or make it if you know how).

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=352028

Downloaded and installed. I'm not getting the "Try for Baby" interaction. Have you tried this yourself and did it work? Any hints would be greatly appreciated.
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: 2009 July 02, 21:55:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Downloaded and installed. I'm not getting the "Try for Baby" interaction. Have you tried this yourself and did it work? Any hints would be greatly appreciated.
I haven't.... It isn't something I am too interested in.  I usually check shit out before I post it so sorry that I didn't.

Are you getting the woohoo interaction?  If not then you need to do more romance interactions.  Either that or have them both relax on the bed and see if the try for baby thing comes up.
LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: 2009 July 02, 22:06:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't.... It isn't something I am too interested in.  I usually check shit out before I post it so sorry that I didn't.

Are you getting the woohoo interaction?  If not then you need to do more romance interactions.  Either that or have them both relax on the bed and see if the try for baby thing comes up.

No worries about not checking it out, I thank you for the heads up.

I am using this couple to crank art and books. One is chained to an easel, the other a typewriter. I have them woohoo every night to get the social and fun bars up to max before bed. No issues getting them to woohoo like crazy, just no "try for baby." I did switch one to female in CAS, knocked "her" up, switched her back to male for the pregnancy. I used a code (something like "enable clothingmesh false, not quite right, don't have in front of me) and never had an issue with invisible bodies.
Wolfeyes
Furry Yifftard
Retardo Lander

INFJ - 7, Very "F"

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: 2009 July 02, 22:12:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin  The first time I saw this happen... I was like... "What the...?  Why are they yelling from the bed...?"  And then I started laughing... and thought... "Wow... now my sims really are in a hurry to get their "woohoo" on !"   Shocked   Cheesy   Kiss

Yep, you're the target audience alright.  Roll Eyes

Yep, that's fo shizzle as I've always been in a hurry to get my woohoo on...   Grin

"Life is not about surviving the storms but rather how to dance in the rain" ~

Luther Vandross ~ Forever, For Always, For Love ~ 2005

Genius - Flirty - Friendly - Good Sense of Humor - Great Kisser ~
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: 2009 July 02, 22:31:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No worries about not checking it out, I thank you for the heads up.

I am using this couple to crank art and books. One is chained to an easel, the other a typewriter. I have them woohoo every night to get the social and fun bars up to max before bed. No issues getting them to woohoo like crazy, just no "try for baby." I did switch one to female in CAS, knocked "her" up, switched her back to male for the pregnancy. I used a code (something like "enable clothingmesh false, not quite right, don't have in front of me) and never had an issue with invisible bodies.
I did some testing... and it turns out that it conflicts with awesomemod.  So... bummer
LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: 2009 July 02, 22:44:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did some testing... and it turns out that it conflicts with awesomemod.  So... bummer

I heard back from lostaccount, yup, it conflicts. I'll have to wait to spawn in the incubator when our esteemed leader adds it to the mod.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: 2009 July 03, 01:49:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, will the mayor of my town always be known as a sex offender!?
What did you do...and how did you manage to get your job back? Tongue

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: