More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 22:11:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1722593 times)
Wolfeyes
Furry Yifftard
Retardo Lander

INFJ - 7, Very "F"

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #250 on: 2009 June 30, 21:04:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And may I suggest a future idea with enablepedophilia is to have randomly if you engage in it for a Chris Hansen sim to show up at your house and then you get busted by cops or something.

LMBO! Very N.I.C.E. and quite a classic response! This would be hilarious to see in our game... now someone just needs to create a SimChris Hansen so we can move forward w/this VERY important addition to the Awesome Mod...  Grin  Cheesy  Shocked  Kiss

"Life is not about surviving the storms but rather how to dance in the rain" ~

Luther Vandross ~ Forever, For Always, For Love ~ 2005

Genius - Flirty - Friendly - Good Sense of Humor - Great Kisser ~
cefwyn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: 2009 June 30, 21:24:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is EnablePedophilia really just a joke feature? Sure the pedobear icon next the relation action is amusing, but I was actually hoping Pescado had managed to make it to where pedophiles can be arrested. I first tried it with a random teen sim and a sim I created just to get arrested and other then giving the teen the creeped out moodlet there was no police or any added options to report the sim to another adult or anything sensible like that. If this really is meant to be more then a joke feature, which will likely destabilize AwesomeMod or at least waste space, is there something needed to get the sim arrested or at least do more then creep the sims out?
cefwyn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 2009 June 30, 21:32:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry for the double post but the forum wouldn't let me edit my post and save.

It's sad that my first post on this forum after over a year of haunting it involves a pedophilia feature added to awesomemod, though I spend most of my time torturing sims and was hoping this would be an easy way to get rid of sims I didn't like from my neighborhood. I think this should actually be made functional with the ability to have the 12 report the pedophile to an adult or go to the police station and report it and then have that sim locked in jail similar to how it works with the criminal career. Though I also think that the interactions should be functional though perhaps still with a chance of creeping the teen out in the beginning and getting the pedophile arrested.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 2009 June 30, 21:35:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I may be wrong, but I think that the difference between Enable12Woohoo and EnablePedophilia is that the former enables woohoo/romance among teens, while the latter enables also teen-adult and teen-elder.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Heathalessyl
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 2009 June 30, 21:50:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry for the double post but the forum wouldn't let me edit my post and save.

It's sad that my first post on this forum after over a year of haunting it involves a pedophilia feature added to awesomemod, though I spend most of my time torturing sims and was hoping this would be an easy way to get rid of sims I didn't like from my neighborhood. I think this should actually be made functional with the ability to have the 12 report the pedophile to an adult or go to the police station and report it and then have that sim locked in jail similar to how it works with the criminal career. Though I also think that the interactions should be functional though perhaps still with a chance of creeping the teen out in the beginning and getting the pedophile arrested.

Pedophiles can be arrested.
I had a pregnant sim in her home ask if her son's girlfriend was single, and sure enough all of a sudden I get the message that she is going to be arrested, and the cop shows up, handcuffs her, and sends her off to jail.

But minutes later, I click on her and she's standing somewhere with her hands still cuffed behind her back. I sent her home, had her take a shower, and still all with her hands behind her back. I didn't save, but sure enough, pedophiles can be arrested.

cefwyn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: 2009 June 30, 22:08:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pedophiles can be arrested.
I had a pregnant sim in her home ask if her son's girlfriend was single, and sure enough all of a sudden I get the message that she is going to be arrested, and the cop shows up, handcuffs her, and sends her off to jail.

But minutes later, I click on her and she's standing somewhere with her hands still cuffed behind her back. I sent her home, had her take a shower, and still all with her hands behind her back. I didn't save, but sure enough, pedophiles can be arrested.

Yeah, I just tried it with another sim this time with the adult sim not being in the same household as the teen. Unfortunately it's still just a buggy joke feature as the jailtime is quite short, the sim remains permanently handcuffed, and it seems to always result in creeping the sim out even if it was the teen that began the interactions. I've got a buggy mouse that hates the radial menu used in Sims 3 and randomly selects things I never clicked on so I figure there's no point in the feature existing if it always results in jailtime and trashes the sim by sticking the handcuff animation. Not wanting to start a fight or anything but the teens in the sims games have always looked a lot more like age 16 and up rather then 12, and like it or not 14 is the age of consent in many countries. I'm not in any way condoning pedophilia and would take a shotgun to any pedophile who got anywhere near one of my kids but in the Sims it just becomes a pain in the ass to have to force a teen sim to age up simply because another teen you matched them up with aged up a few days before and you don't want their relationship to suddenly change overnight because one of them is suddenly too old.
GeorgiaPeanuts
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: 2009 June 30, 22:21:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nice to see the Teen woohoo option enabled properly....well done Pes.  I can now re-install AM and check it out.

GeorgiaPeanuts....I think its C but could be wrong.  Found them fairly easy to edit but of course the problem is the one core mod limit at present.

The files are actually MSIL but with reflector they displayed into C#, Can't wait for the SimScriptor can come out so I can write in a .NET language as I do not know MSIL enough to make a meaningful changes.
Heinel
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #257 on: 2009 June 30, 22:27:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not in any way condoning pedophilia and would take a shotgun to any pedophile who got anywhere near one of my kids but in the Sims it just becomes a pain in the ass to have to force a teen sim to age up simply because another teen you matched them up with aged up a few days before and you don't want their relationship to suddenly change overnight because one of them is suddenly too old.

In Sims 3 their relationship will not suddenly change overnight.  They keep whatever relationships they had before.  You will just not have the romantic interactions in the menu when they are out of sync.  Wait a few days or buy the teen a birthday cake.
rosylove
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 2009 June 30, 22:30:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: Pescado
 New build up, patch integrated into build. If you don't have the patch, get it here:

Do we actually need to get the patch? Weren't most of its "fixes" included in the Awesomod anyway? I have a really bad experience with EA patches and don't want to get it unless i really have to.  Actually  wouldn't "patch integrated into build"  mean that it's included in the Awesomod? If i am understanding the word "integrated" right... I thought that it kind of means "included".
« Last Edit: 2009 July 01, 04:25:41 by rosylove » Logged
GeorgiaPeanuts
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: 2009 June 30, 22:48:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You need patch probably because all he probably did was to merge patch changes to the scripts he changes. I only saw 3 scripts in the package so I assume that EA could modify others.
steveuk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: 2009 June 30, 22:52:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nice to see the Teen woohoo option enabled properly....well done Pes.  I can now re-install AM and check it out.

GeorgiaPeanuts....I think its C but could be wrong.  Found them fairly easy to edit but of course the problem is the one core mod limit at present.

The files are actually MSIL but with reflector they displayed into C#, Can't wait for the SimScriptor can come out so I can write in a .NET language as I do not know MSIL enough to make a meaningful changes.

Yes sorry I know.  I was referring to the dissembled files via Reflector as being C.  You can get a program called Reflexil to help edit the files.
steveuk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: 2009 June 30, 23:03:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I just tried it with another sim this time with the adult sim not being in the same household as the teen. Unfortunately it's still just a buggy joke feature as the jailtime is quite short, the sim remains permanently handcuffed, and it seems to always result in creeping the sim out even if it was the teen that began the interactions. I've got a buggy mouse that hates the radial menu used in Sims 3 and randomly selects things I never clicked on so I figure there's no point in the feature existing if it always results in jailtime and trashes the sim by sticking the handcuff animation. Not wanting to start a fight or anything but the teens in the sims games have always looked a lot more like age 16 and up rather then 12, and like it or not 14 is the age of consent in many countries. I'm not in any way condoning pedophilia and would take a shotgun to any pedophile who got anywhere near one of my kids but in the Sims it just becomes a pain in the ass to have to force a teen sim to age up simply because another teen you matched them up with aged up a few days before and you don't want their relationship to suddenly change overnight because one of them is suddenly too old.

Use ResetSim to release the handcuffs. 
On a more serious note. I do take exception to the word pedophile being used to describe interactions with teens in the game.  As I stated elsewhere, the teens in the game can drive cars which in my mind makes them old enough to have sex, try for baby & get married just like in real life.
TheLastParnell
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 2009 July 01, 00:14:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I cant see how anyone would think that this joke addition to an otherwise 'Awesome' mod was done properly, and for the first time I would ahve to disagree with something in this mod being superior to the alternative. It is nothing but vastly inferior to its competition in that respect.

I can certainly identify with steveuk's comment about taking exception to pedophile being used in this case to describe the interaction between teens and those older within the game, with note primarily focused about teens and there ability to drive, as that points to them being at least sixteen in the US, if not older.

Even after all of this, though, I will still have to stick with this mod, as in all respects save for this one, it is superior to anything liker it out there, and perhaps if this aspect is looked at more intelligently, it will come top be superior within all aspects.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 2009 July 01, 00:17:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah I kind of agree with that logic. If it were possible to allow it if the sims involved were, say, within plus or minus 2 days from the teen > YA birthday then I think it would be somewhat sensible then. I guess that's getting a bit too complicated though since Sims aren't real people. They just stay one age for a long time then *poof* they are suddenly another age. Except the YA > Adult transition which without University seems rather superfluous.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
GeorgiaPeanuts
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: 2009 July 01, 00:47:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes sorry I know.  I was referring to the dissembled files via Reflector as being C.  You can get a program called Reflexil to help edit the files.

Thanks! That worked to help, although adding new changes I could not figure how to inject any new C# code. I basically made all parties to use the nude clothing regardless what it receives from the game UI. But all the guests were still clothed even though my sim was nude. I recall skimming over some functions that check if the sim should change their clothes, probably what makes guests unnude.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 2009 July 01, 00:50:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is EnablePedophilia really just a joke feature? Sure the pedobear icon next the relation action is amusing, but I was actually hoping Pescado had managed to make it to where pedophiles can be arrested.
Oh, they can be arrested. Just try it where someone will see you.

I first tried it with a random teen sim and a sim I created just to get arrested and other then giving the teen the creeped out moodlet there was no police or any added options to report the sim to another adult or anything sensible like that. If this really is meant to be more then a joke feature, which will likely destabilize AwesomeMod or at least waste space, is there something needed to get the sim arrested or at least do more then creep the sims out?
It does more than that. You just need to find some proper pedobait.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: 2009 July 01, 00:53:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

'm not in any way condoning pedophilia and would take a shotgun to any pedophile who got anywhere near one of my kids but in the Sims it just becomes a pain in the ass to have to force a teen sim to age up simply because another teen you matched them up with aged up a few days before and you don't want their relationship to suddenly change overnight because one of them is suddenly too old.
That's how it works in real life, too. It's fine when everyone is 12, and then someone becomes 18, and the next thing you know, someone is being arrested and being branded for life as a sex offender.

On a more serious note. I do take exception to the word pedophile being used to describe interactions with teens in the game.  As I stated elsewhere, the teens in the game can drive cars which in my mind makes them old enough to have sex, try for baby & get married just like in real life.
There is no "16". They are *12*.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
sumpsychochic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 2009 July 01, 01:10:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just read through this thread and read the options about "runstoryaction Create Household". However, when I just tried it in game, I got the error that runstoryaction is an unknown action.
I know for sure that Awesomemod is working because showconfig and maxmotives both work.

Am I doing something wrong or was it disabled in the latest version?

I   -   S   -  F  -  J
11% 25% 50% 1%
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: 2009 July 01, 01:15:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It may be in one of the tabs you disabled, either cheatingcheats or debug commands. Check your config.

sumpsychochic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: 2009 July 01, 01:50:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have in a config, just the Awesomemod. I can input "testingcheatsenabled true" but I cannot input "enabledebugcommands true" I get the error unknown command.

I   -   S   -  F  -  J
11% 25% 50% 1%
graycurse
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: 2009 July 01, 01:53:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have in a config, just the Awesomemod. I can input "testingcheatsenabled true" but I cannot input "enabledebugcommands true" I get the error unknown command.

try replacing "true" with "on"
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: 2009 July 01, 01:59:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"testingcheatsenabled true" is not AwesomeMod, it's EAxis. AwesomeMod's syntax is "setconfig enabledebugcommands <on/off/true/false/etc>".

sumpsychochic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: 2009 July 01, 02:40:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"testingcheatsenabled true" is not AwesomeMod, it's EAxis. AwesomeMod's syntax is "setconfig enabledebugcommands <on/off/true/false/etc>".

Ah thank you. I was missing the "setconfig" part. After I enabled that I was able to successfully use "runstoryaction Create Household".

I   -   S   -  F  -  J
11% 25% 50% 1%
Nevearo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: 2009 July 01, 02:53:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've begun my testing with this new option. I find it quite amusing. The Pedobear with the rope is rich. The Handcuffs on the flirt interactions elsewhere are pretty self explanatory.
Is it a bug or a feature that the perma-handcuffed sims as convicted pedophiles gross out the elders when flirting with them? It doesn't seem to work in reverse. It makes sense in a way though. I wouldn't want some pedophile coming and hitting on me!
I also know that the proper pedobait isn't what I think it is, since the game equivalent of whores reject pedophile advances (Flirty, Hopeless romantic, Great Kisser, Inappropriate, evil), and vice versa. I haven't attempted to proposition the convicted pedophile yet. Perhaps I should try that with one of my Pedophile tests.

Speaking of which, the conviction came from Autonomous reactions. I hope THAT can be fixed. (still haven't watched one get hauled off to jail. That's my next task!)

This option still doesn't allow 12 woohoo. A seperate mod is still required for teen on teen. Not sure if that is intentional or not.
I'd still like to see my Young Adult sims grossed out by the elders hitting on them.

As for the 12 debate, you COULD argue that "High School" tag in the USA means 15-16. You COULD, but you'd be neglecting the fact that Sims spend more years in High School than Elementary School, and that there is no Middle school. So where did it go I wonder? Middle School starts at 11-12... Strange coincidence, or conspiracy?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: 2009 July 01, 03:03:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've begun my testing with this new option. I find it quite amusing. The Pedobear with the rope is rich. The Handcuffs on the flirt interactions elsewhere are pretty self explanatory.
Is it a bug or a feature that the perma-handcuffed sims as convicted pedophiles gross out the elders when flirting with them? It doesn't seem to work in reverse.
Yes, that *IS* in fact a feature.

It makes sense in a way though. I wouldn't want some pedophile coming and hitting on me!
I haven't noticed anyone perma-handcuffed yet. What did you do to trigger that? They SHOULD simply head off to jail.

I also know that the proper pedobait isn't what I think it is, since the game equivalent of whores reject pedophile advances (Flirty, Hopeless romantic, Great Kisser, Inappropriate, evil), and vice versa. I haven't attempted to proposition the convicted pedophile yet. Perhaps I should try that with one of my Pedophile tests.
For a 12-sim to acquire the status of Pedobait, they need to attempt age-inappropriate flirting at least once. Or you can addtrait Pedobait.

Speaking of which, the conviction came from Autonomous reactions. I hope THAT can be fixed. (still haven't watched one get hauled off to jail. That's my next task!)
Elaborate? Which conviction, which autonomous reaction?

This option still doesn't allow 12 woohoo. A seperate mod is still required for teen on teen. Notai sure if that is intentional or not.
You need to enable the check disabler. After that, it probably takes an XML tuning to enable the interaction for 12s, but I bother with that, it's not a priority. Someone else may have made one, though.

As for the 12 debate, you COULD argue that "High School" tag in the USA means 15-16. You COULD, but you'd be neglecting the fact that Sims spend more years in High School than Elementary School, and that there is no Middle school. So where did it go I wonder? Middle School starts at 11-12... Strange coincidence, or conspiracy?
There's no 15 or 16. That is 12. What part of the Rule of 6 do you not understand?

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: