More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:04:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1722520 times)
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #225 on: 2009 June 30, 03:42:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They aren't doing it quickly. I've had homeless sim families existing for more than two weeks with no movement. Part of the problem, I think, is that often the family only has $20k and the many homes I have open are all above $70k.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Aaroc
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 2009 June 30, 04:38:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I started a new game and instead of using Destroyallhumans, I manually moved every single family out of their houses and destroyed them individually.

A few days into the game, that Bakshi family that always seems to spawn moved into a little itty bitty tiny house worth 14k or so, when they would usually move into a nice big house that can actually fit all their fat asses into it. In any event, not using DestroyallHumans seemed to help the lag issue, as I didn't even notice 0:59 passing for quite a few days. I guess the next step would be to make a bunch of little houses that these vagrants can afford to move into and then manually place them into a house in which they fit later on. Not a big problem, just a slight annoyance, so long as I can continue to avoid the horrilag from before.
Actingi
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 2009 June 30, 05:54:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey all!  Apologies for my noobieness, but I am seriously baffled.

About a week ago, I downloaded the MoreAwesomeThanYou mod for Sims 3, on my laptop.  Worked just fine (well...it crashed, until I followed the directions on this site about what to add and delete and such, THEN it worked just fine.)

I've since bought a much faster, etc desktop, which does not have internet access on it just yet.  I saw there was an updated version of the mod, and I got very excited to try it out.  So I downloaded the mod onto a jumpdrive on my laptop, then transferred the jumpdrive to my desktop.  I followed the directions of where to put it of course, but it doesn't seem to be working.  The game works just fine, plays perfectly normal, but none of the MoreAwesomeThanYou stuff works.  Even something basic...like how Q should no longer quit the game...isn't working.

I've looked on here for the answer of course, but haven't been able to find it yet.  Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong, or at least point me in the right direction?

Thanks so much!
alliecat
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 2009 June 30, 05:59:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

About a week ago, I downloaded the MoreAwesomeThanYou mod for Sims 3, on my laptop.  Worked just fine (well...it crashed, until I followed the directions on this site about what to add and delete and such, THEN it worked just fine.)

I've since bought a much faster, etc desktop, which does not have internet access on it just yet.  I saw there was an updated version of the mod, and I got very excited to try it out.  So I downloaded the mod onto a jumpdrive on my laptop, then transferred the jumpdrive to my desktop.  I followed the directions of where to put it of course, but it doesn't seem to be working.  The game works just fine, plays perfectly normal, but none of the MoreAwesomeThanYou stuff works.  Even something basic...like how Q should no longer quit the game...isn't working.

I've looked on here for the answer of course, but haven't been able to find it yet.  Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong, or at least point me in the right direction?

Thanks so much!

Did you install the framework?
Actingi
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 2009 June 30, 06:01:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks so much!

Yep!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 2009 June 30, 06:02:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They aren't doing it quickly. I've had homeless sim families existing for more than two weeks with no movement. Part of the problem, I think, is that often the family only has $20k and the many homes I have open are all above $70k.
Then they're stuck homeless until they make enough money to afford housing, duh. Tongue

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Actingi
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 2009 June 30, 06:20:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks so much!

Yep!

More info:  I have the patch.  I think the problem MIGHT be that I'm supposed to be able to open the awesome and awesomeconfig files?  When I try to open them on my desktop, I get an "access to the path...is denied" message.  When i try to open them on my laptop, I get the "Windows doesn't know which program to use" error message.

THanks again for any help you can provide!
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 2009 June 30, 06:27:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks so much!

Yep!

More info:  I have the patch.  I think the problem MIGHT be that I'm supposed to be able to open the awesome and awesomeconfig files?  When I try to open them on my desktop, I get an "access to the path...is denied" message.  When i try to open them on my laptop, I get the "Windows doesn't know which program to use" error message.

THanks again for any help you can provide!
Jesus Christ.

Use monkey installer and have it installed that way.  It is linked in this thread.
Actingi
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: 2009 June 30, 06:49:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As mentioned above, I've already got the monkey installer.  I also tried changing the rights, to no avail.

Disabling my UAC got rid of the error I was getting...but the mod still isn't working.

Sorry to keep bugging, but any other thoughts, other than reinstalling the game (which I'll save as a last resort).
Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 2009 June 30, 12:56:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then they're stuck homeless until they make enough money to afford housing, duh. Tongue

True, but I have affordable housing available - not enough for all of them to immediately move in, but there are at least half a dozen houses under the 20K level. And no one's moving into them, even after 2-3 weeks. Hopefully I can figure out the undocumented shiny - thanks for the heads up there.

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: 2009 June 30, 13:03:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then the houses must be too small for them. If there is not enough space in the houses, they cannot move into them. If the events are simply not triggering, you can try forcing the issue by typing "runstoryaction Move In Household", and seeing if anyone bites.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: 2009 June 30, 13:37:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesome - already have 3 of the smaller families moved in, so now I just need some affordable housing for the larger families. Thanks!

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
skelley
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: 2009 June 30, 15:32:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of the new features is a command, wandhere, that does what a Sims 2 magic wand did.  Having never played Sims 2, I have no idea what that implies.  Does anybody know?

I did play Sims 2 and I don't know what this is either.
Captain Swooptie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 2009 June 30, 15:49:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of the new features is a command, wandhere, that does what a Sims 2 magic wand did.  Having never played Sims 2, I have no idea what that implies.  Does anybody know?

I did play Sims 2 and I don't know what this is either.

It was awesomeware, arguably one of Pescado's most amazing inventions. It was an object that, when you dragged it from the buy catalog, would instantly depreciate all of the objects on the lot. It's essentially the same effect as moving a family in, as the act of simply buying an object causes it to become devalued, except that you don't have to bother with any of that crap.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 2009 June 30, 16:08:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's going to be pretty damned hard, considering that none of them are employed.  Tongue

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
anillee
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: 2009 June 30, 16:53:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I fucked up my Sunset Valley by using debug mode to kill some fucked up "townie" toddlers. I want to keep my legacy family (if possible), so which of the following would be the least harmful? Moving the family and the house to the library and placing them in Riverview, or should I place them in a new Sunset Valley and destroyalltownies? I don't want Sim A meeting her grandfather as a kid, and so on.

I didn't see an answer to this and am curious, as I have the same issue.  I absolutely despise Riverview so playing there isn't really an option for me.  I want to save my family to the library, then delete the neighborhood and start fresh...my problem is the mother of my family is a grown up Bebe Hart (with a name change) so I am wondering if I should just evict the Hart family to the clipboard then delete them there? Or should I just debug kill the parents and evict/delete Bebe?  Also, will placing this family in a fresh new hood potentially screw up my hood as they have friendships/relationships with people who won't exist in the new neighborhood yet?  I'm also assuming I should probably remove the "Sacred" tag from them before I save them to the library...is this correct or am I being paranoid with that? 

DAMN THE OPPRESSIVE GHEYZ WITH THEIR SHOWTUNES AND SWATCHES.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 2009 June 30, 17:53:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesome - already have 3 of the smaller families moved in, so now I just need some affordable housing for the larger families. Thanks!

This house at ModTheSims is a 3 bedroom starter furnished for under 20k. Nice layout too. I've played it some. In general those sorts of homes are hard to come by unless you just build your own.

Personally though, I think those damned Sims should just all cram themselves in somewhere immigrant style and deal. It's not ideal but sometimes you do what you gotta do. I've definitely started big familes of sims off in tiny homes to begin with. What's the alternative, sleep in a car? Haha speaking of which there should be an option for that.  Wink

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
HelloKit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #242 on: 2009 June 30, 17:57:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This house at ModTheSims is a 3 bedroom starter furnished for under 20k. Nice layout too. I've played it some. In general those sorts of homes are hard to come by unless you just build your own.

Fixed link.
asciident
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 2009 June 30, 18:17:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EnablePedophilia - makes TeenWoohoo mods redundant, or is it just another enabler like Enable12Woohoo?

asciident / realrobotica
GeorgiaPeanuts
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 2009 June 30, 18:19:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Was curious as to what language the .script files are, they appear to be compiled to an assembly in the packages.

And may I suggest a future idea with enablepedophilia is to have randomly if you engage in it for a Chris Hansen sim to show up at your house and then you get busted by cops or something.
steveuk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 2009 June 30, 18:23:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nice to see the Teen woohoo option enabled properly....well done Pes.  I can now re-install AM and check it out.

GeorgiaPeanuts....I think its C but could be wrong.  Found them fairly easy to edit but of course the problem is the one core mod limit at present.
GeorgiaPeanuts
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 2009 June 30, 18:32:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nice to see the Teen woohoo option enabled properly....well done Pes.  I can now re-install AM and check it out.

GeorgiaPeanuts....I think its C but could be wrong.  Found them fairly easy to edit but of course the problem is the one core mod limit at present.

Interesting, some sort of diff system might overcome a one mod limit. Instead of providing your complete modified scripts you could give diffs of the changes to each script then with an installer written can add all the core mod diffs you want and then it order them in precedence so that with any conflicts the mod with higher priority would be chosen for that change.
anillee
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 2009 June 30, 18:34:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

**Edit:  Description has been added since I last checked ;p
« Last Edit: 2009 June 30, 19:08:26 by anillee » Logged

DAMN THE OPPRESSIVE GHEYZ WITH THEIR SHOWTUNES AND SWATCHES.
steveuk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 2009 June 30, 18:55:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interesting, some sort of diff system might overcome a one mod limit. Instead of providing your complete modified scripts you could give diffs of the changes to each script then with an installer written can add all the core mod diffs you want and then it order them in precedence so that with any conflicts the mod with higher priority would be chosen for that change.

I believe thats being looked into.  To be fair,  it's still early days yet but I still think progress has been far quicker this time around then it was for TS2.
rubenm
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: 2009 June 30, 20:57:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was using the place an opportunities call I think it worked twice and it hasn't worked
since is there a limit to it or what?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: