More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 14:40:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1722968 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #125 on: 2009 June 26, 14:14:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Due to the fact that the mods/framework/whatnot system does not write in any file that the game uses, it is not necessary to uninstall anything to patch. However, you should upgrade your AwesomeMod to the latest version which incorporates the patch after patching.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
JanetteRaven
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2009 June 26, 14:16:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the facial slider in Awesome mod still work after the patch?  I read that it broke Rick & Delphy's so I've postponed installing the patch.  I really don't want to go back to only pudding sims.
saladoor
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2009 June 26, 14:32:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Due to the fact that the mods/framework/whatnot system does not write in any file that the game uses, it is not necessary to uninstall anything to patch. However, you should upgrade your AwesomeMod to the latest version which incorporates the patch after patching.

I see
Thank you  Grin
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2009 June 26, 19:28:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the facial slider in Awesome mod still work after the patch?  I read that it broke Rick & Delphy's so I've postponed installing the patch.  I really don't want to go back to only pudding sims.

Rick and Delphy's facial slider has not yet been updated for the patch.  The awesomemod has.  Therefore, you should be fine with awesomemod, but you'll have to wait if you want to use Rick and Delphy's mod instead.

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
ItchyNScratchy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2009 June 26, 19:48:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is all a bit too much for my brain right now. I wish I could blame it on the fact that I'm currently ill, but even without my delirium, I still don't think I'd understand.

Ok... I have Razor1911. I installed the patch as directed in Pescado's link. I installed the AwesomeMod in Electronic Arts/Sims3/Mods/Packages/Hacks. Ran the game, and it's telling me that no disc is found. Well, durr, imagine that. What on earth have I done wrong? Thanks in advance.

"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." ~Mark Twain
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2009 June 26, 20:11:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is all a bit too much for my brain right now. I wish I could blame it on the fact that I'm currently ill, but even without my delirium, I still don't think I'd understand.

Ok... I have Razor1911. I installed the patch as directed in Pescado's link. I installed the AwesomeMod in Electronic Arts/Sims3/Mods/Packages/Hacks. Ran the game, and it's telling me that no disc is found. Well, durr, imagine that. What on earth have I done wrong? Thanks in advance.
Use the monkey installer program.

http://linna.modthesims.info/download.php?t=344611
ItchyNScratchy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2009 June 26, 20:53:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am using the monkey installer. :-) Still having the "no disc" error. Installed the patch, then put awesome mod in the Packages/Hacks folder. Not sure what the deal is or what I've done wrong.

Scratch all that. The problem is me..... and the Monkey installer. I have to manually drag the files (right clicking doesn't give me the menu options that it's supposed to), and from my frustration with that instead of dragging the .package of the awesome mod, I drug over the .zip of it. That I can blame on my delirium. Roll Eyes

Thanks for the help anyway, folks! Cheesy
« Last Edit: 2009 June 26, 21:00:51 by ItchyNScratchy » Logged

"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." ~Mark Twain
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: 2009 June 26, 20:56:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you sure you have the latest version of Awesomemod? Clear cache then redownload. Check the dates.

Oh, and my Awesomemod is loose in the Mods/Packages folder. Does what it says on the tin.

nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2009 June 26, 23:33:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Works fine on Razor, though.

I had used the update to Razor patch a while back, and my skuversion.txt right now said my game is 1.0.631.00002
but the patch .exe setup complains I have the wrong version patch and won't install, even though I grabbed the matching one from Awesomemod main thread so it should be the right version. (00002)

Is there a known reason that might happen? Is it upset it can't have access to the launcher.exe (Because I disabled it) or does it determine version only from the skuversion.txt
phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2009 June 26, 23:41:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry to be dense... does this mean the newest version of Awesomemod includes the patch?
My game computer is not on the internet so I don't think I can dl the patch.

Also, I am getting CTDs when building... every so often I go to buy some item and bang, I'm staring at my wallpaper. I'm semi-clueless about this sort of thing... would the patch fix this?

INTP.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2009 June 27, 00:04:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had used the update to Razor patch a while back, and my skuversion.txt right now said my game is 1.0.631.00002
but the patch .exe setup complains I have the wrong version patch and won't install, even though I grabbed the matching one from Awesomemod main thread so it should be the right version. (00002)

Is there a known reason that might happen? Is it upset it can't have access to the launcher.exe (Because I disabled it) or does it determine version only from the skuversion.txt
It seems to only check skuversion.txt, so a quick one-character change will fix that particular error. I had four, but beat it into submission.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2009 June 27, 00:05:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Traviswroteit: AwesomeMod is configurable. If you want random single sims having random babies that aren't related to them, then you can do so. Just enable the parthenogenesis option when configuring AwesomeMod. I don't remember if this function is enabled or disabled by default, but, either way, it's easy enough to change.

phnxflyng: No, the AwesomeMod does not contain the latest patch. You still need it. I would recommend getting a nice wireless card for your computer, and downloading the patch. There might be a non-launcher version of the patch someplace, but I didn't need it, so I didn't pay attention. There are at least two patch-related threads right here on MATY. Perhaps you should try visiting those threads.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
Malapietra
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2009 June 27, 01:17:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're talking about the RLD to RZR update then you will need to do some registry editting to get it to work properly.  Locate the SKU file in your registry by either searching (CTRL+F) "SKU" or manually locating the Sims 3 folder.  In Vista64bit edition, it's found in this directory:  HLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Sims\The Sims 3

If you use CTRL+F make sure it's the Sims 3 folder and not some other folder  Look at the directory to verify.

Next right-click on SKU and change the value from 7 to 2.  That should fix it.  Enjoy!

Let me know if you can get the patch installed this way and have no problems with the installation process of the patch.  I'm curious to know if you experience the same problem I did from this thread:

I'm getting an invalid file found while trying to update.  Can someone provide the contents from this folder and upload them for me please?

Game\Bin\HelpPages\CZE_CZ\

It's specifically crashing on: Game\Bin\HelpPages\CZE_CZ\Help_Updates.html but I figure I'd copy the entire contents of the folder.  I have the RLD version updated to RZR but without the 632 patch.

I can find the files on the game disc but it does nothing to copy them over to game directory so I'm guessing it's a problem from RLD version
Your file worked great and there was indeed a discrepancy with the Help_Updates.html file.  It seems however there is a problem with the other Help_Updates.html files from that same folder.  Now it's whining about the DAN_DK Help_Updates.html file.  I must again request if you could upload the entire contents from the HelpPages (~500KB)?

Thanks for any help.
YES!  That did the trick Bass Junkie.  It installed with no problems after I replaced my HelpPages with the ones you provided.  It'll surely come in handy for people who have the RLD to RZR version of the game.

Many thanks!
Kaze
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2009 June 27, 01:20:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While updating the game with the new patch I ran into an error. The overall percentage of the process of the update gets caught at 81% which is the Game\Bin\Sims3Launcher.exe. I have no idea why the patch is giving me an error when it reaches this file, telling me "Invalid File Found". Is there any specific reason for this?
GnatGoSplat
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2009 June 27, 01:47:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Note that if you got the 632 patch, you have to reinstall now.
I knew I was right to avoid that patch, don't fancy another 24 hours of downloading  Tongue

Reversing the 632 patch should be easy enough.

This is ALL the 632 patch did:

Default.ini - added "InstallationRequired = 0"
GraphicsRules.sgr - in the very last line with the #, changed "E?-Kad}" to "0bfffcc9753aabac325f".
skuversion.txt - changed "1.0.631.00002" to "1.0.632.00002".

anyone tried to successfully reverse 632 to 631 using the above method?

Yeah, I just now tried it on mine.  All I had to do was change 632 to 631 in skuversion.txt and the patch appeared to install without any problems.
funkilla
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2009 June 27, 02:51:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes. The NoParthenogenesis Enabled will allow children to be born with two parents.
phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2009 June 27, 07:43:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes. What's your region version?
EN_US (00001)
Worldwide (00002)/Razor1911

Um, are these the patches? Is it okay for a peasant to dl these and run them, or am I going to cause my computer to melt down?

Edit:
I just read through the patch thread that chaos recommended I read, and my eyes have melted from my head. Argh. I want to understand all this. I used to build mods for the first Neverwinter so I swear I'm not totally stupid but man this is above my head. How do I learn this???
« Last Edit: 2009 June 27, 07:59:37 by phnxflyng » Logged

INTP.
fiberglassdolphin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2009 June 27, 07:47:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In case anyone doesn't know, I've discovered that if you "dresser" a baby, you can design its maggot suit.
Aquilegia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: 2009 June 27, 09:21:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reporting in to say that I had the same issue as Malapietra. I had Reloaded version and used RZR patch to update it. I checked the appropriate registery entry to confirm I had a 7, which I did and then changed to 2. I then tried the patch, which choked on the helpfiles. I copied over the HelpFiles provided by Bass Junkie and then tried the patch install again, which resulted in a successful patching.

[ETA] And it runs just fine, possibly even a bit better than before (which updated Awesomemod, of course.)
« Last Edit: 2009 June 27, 10:01:40 by Aquilegia » Logged
tj
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2009 June 27, 12:16:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The awesomemod is great but for some reason the editsim command doesn't work  Huh
All the other commands like showconfig and lifetimehappiness all work but not editsim, is it because i updated to the new version?

Thanks  Grin
Baronet
SimDebster
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2009 June 27, 13:45:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado, does the patch that you provided for the US version work with the retail version of the game?  I am starting to become very frustrated with EA and their lack of help in being able to actually patch my game.  The idiots are not using a large enough datatype to be able to handle terabyte drives, and are now giving me bullcrap answers.
ramseyazad
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2009 June 27, 14:36:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Exactly how scary and dangerous *is* the supreme commander feature?  I want to try it but I must not bork the game due to marital consequences.  I am already in trouble because I *accidentally* installed a replacement nude top and now many of wifey's sims are showing unnecessary boobage.

Edit fyi Razor version updated with awesome patch patch and worked perfectly, without unpleasant borking or spousal abuse.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 27, 17:14:25 by ramseyazad » Logged
NicoleyMoley
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2009 June 27, 16:05:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am loving awesomemod for making Sims 3 playable, and am trying to convince everyone else I know with the game to get it too. However a few strange things have happened in my game and I don't know if they're due to the mod or the game itself. I have the new patch installed.

Firstly, my restored ghost and her ghost child have lost their gravestones from their inventories. This happened while I was changing active household, but the rest of thir inventories remained (as they should under the mod). So now I fear my ghosts are doomed to wander Riverview forever or be deleted completely.

Secondly, I have story progression off completely but sims are still being shifted to the top of their career ladders in a matter of days without my help. Is this due to the job performance feature of the mod? Also familes are having children (thankfully not asexually) while story progression is off, can't figure that one out.

Thirdly, some of my sims' lifetime wishes have been randomly fufilled while I wasn't playing them, even if they don't have the requirements to fufill it. For example, one sim's wish was to have a house net worth of 100k, and it was fufilled when the net worth was only 30k.

Fourthly, I know people have reported the aging of non active sims to be sped up weirdly, I've noticed that too. Children have grown from toddler to teen in like 1 sim week and I have aging set to long :S

Thanks for reading awesome people!
Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2009 June 27, 16:45:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado, does the patch that you provided for the US version work with the retail version of the game?  I am starting to become very frustrated with EA and their lack of help in being able to actually patch my game.  The idiots are not using a large enough datatype to be able to handle terabyte drives, and are now giving me bullcrap answers.

I have the retail version, and the patch Pescado posted worked perfectly for me. Smiley

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
Death-Jester
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2009 June 27, 17:21:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am having the same problems as others trying to install the patch. I'm getting the region error.

The problem is twofold for me - firstly, I did not install any RLD > RZR patch, I installed the Razor version directly.
Secondly, there is no registry entry for SKU anywhere. I am running on Vista x64. There is no 'Sims' directory, other than in HKCU/Software/Electronic Arts, and even then there is no mention of SKU.

Please help!

Edit: I should add that the launcher states my version is 1.0.631.0002
« Last Edit: 2009 June 27, 17:28:44 by Bio Hazard » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: