More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 15:00:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1722527 times)
Rusalka
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #100 on: 2009 June 25, 20:34:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wanted the speed fixes, so I went through the whole pain of unistalling everything and re-installing from scratch.

All went perfectly until I re-installed AwesomeMod.

Now the game goes through the intro and then gets to the loading screen and boom, crashes.

Take out AwesomeMod from the packages file, the game works perfectly again.

Obvious idiot wondering what I am doing wrong. And yes, I RTFM. Obviously I used AwesomeMod before, so I know how to install it properly.
Sam
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2009 June 25, 20:36:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now the game goes through the intro and then gets to the loading screen and boom, crashes.

Obvious idiot wondering what I am doing wrong.

That's a known but mysterious issue some of us have been having for a while. I noticed Pescado's cooked up this 3booter that gives the game a kick if it crashes; resuming the game automatically so we don't have to Wink

Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2009 June 25, 21:02:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know whether it's possible to get the patch without connecting my game machine to the internet?  My game machine hasn't had internet access since EA and Sony decided to start spying on me and destroying my hardware.  I'd prefer to download the patch and copy it over, but I can't see any way to do that.
Yes. What's your region version?
EN_US (00001)
Worldwide (00002)/Razor1911

Note that if you got the 632 patch, you have to reinstall now.

For the record, Mac version.

EN_US (00001)

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
dilpill
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2009 June 25, 21:33:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wanted the speed fixes, so I went through the whole pain of unistalling everything and re-installing from scratch.

Obvious idiot wondering what I am doing wrong. And yes, I RTFM. Obviously I used AwesomeMod before, so I know how to install it properly.
I'm having the same problem. When the loading screen comes up the cursor just twirls around and around, over and over, never getting to the Main Menu where you can choose a saved game. As soon as I remove Awesome.package from my mods folder, everything works fine.

I tried uninstalling and reverting back to 1.0.632.00002, but the problem affects that version now too.

Edit: Nevermind, I ended up getting it to work.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 26, 03:54:59 by dilpill » Logged

Dux
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2009 June 25, 21:52:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did anyone else notice the announcement date of the patch? 6/15/09 (US-En), 2009-06-16 (Sweden).
It’s been in hiding for over a week!
News items are probably time stamped when uploaded so something made EA hide the news until release today.
They can’t fix a date on a news item, but we should trust their patch.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,  the good fortune to run into the ones I do,
and the eyesight to tell the difference.
wendylady
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2009 June 25, 22:01:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

so I guess ill wait to see if we can have speed and Awesomod. Any who right now my game will not even let me patch it says unknown file found and i have teh paid for one. I took my CC folders and such out so not sure why .. oh well TO bad Awesomod could not come with it own speed fix.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2009 June 25, 22:37:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

so I guess ill wait to see if we can have speed and Awesomod. Any who right now my game will not even let me patch it says unknown file found and i have teh paid for one. I took my CC folders and such out so not sure why .. oh well TO bad Awesomod could not come with it own speed fix.

Declaring you're unable to spell is NOT an excuse. If you fail at spelling you may:

1) Learn how to spell.
2) Shut the fuck up.

No other options are acceptable, here.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Malapietra
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2009 June 25, 22:57:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I knew I was right to avoid that patch, don't fancy another 24 hours of downloading  Tongue

Reversing the 632 patch should be easy enough.

This is ALL the 632 patch did:

Default.ini - added "InstallationRequired = 0"
GraphicsRules.sgr - in the very last line with the #, changed "E?-Kad}" to "0bfffcc9753aabac325f".
skuversion.txt - changed "1.0.631.00002" to "1.0.632.00002".

Can anyone confirm if thiis works?  I've tried reverting the changes but it did not work.
lordqarlyn
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2009 June 25, 23:16:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess I am a lucky one. Finally! I got the patch downloaded, and everything seems to work fine. I have the AwesomeMod, censor patch, and teen woohoo mods install, so far AwesomeMod works, the censor remover is working, I'll have to wait until I can try the teen woohoo, but I get the feeling it will probably work too....

I should also mention, the speed inprovement is freaking awesome! I'll be able to get so much more done now....
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2009 June 25, 23:32:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like it from Pes's mouth. Is the latest patch compatiable with AwesomeMod? I own the legit version so reinstalling is not a problem for me, but I'd still like to know if I NEED to play with or without AwesomeMod (specifically the no-DVD part)
wendylady
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2009 June 25, 23:43:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Declaring you're unable to spell is NOT an excuse. If you fail at spelling you may:

1) Learn how to spell.
2) Shut the fuck up.

No other options are acceptable, here.

Tongue
Bass Junkie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2009 June 25, 23:49:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess I am a lucky one. Finally! I got the patch downloaded, and everything seems to work fine. I have the AwesomeMod, censor patch, and teen woohoo mods install, so far AwesomeMod works, the censor remover is working, I'll have to wait until I can try the teen woohoo, but I get the feeling it will probably work too....

I should also mention, the speed inprovement is freaking awesome! I'll be able to get so much more done now....

Did you need to remove any mods or change anything prior to installing the patch?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2009 June 26, 00:10:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I knew I was right to avoid that patch, don't fancy another 24 hours of downloading  Tongue
Protip: always keep the original .iso download at least for a couple months. Backing up on media is best. Also keep copies of any files you've had to replace, like original camera files if you get a camera hack, or the original shaders file for the no-censor patch.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2009 June 26, 00:36:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it safe to use AwesomeMod with this patch?
Probably not. We'll get back to you, I'm currently running it through patchutils.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
lordqarlyn
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2009 June 26, 00:39:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you need to remove any mods or change anything prior to installing the patch?

Naw, I went ahead and installed the patch, with the mods present....and, the teen woohoo mod works too.
Rider
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2009 June 26, 01:24:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Censor hack will prevent the patch to install if you have bought a legit copy, but I had to uninstall and reinstall to fix this, and I patched it and ran it fine, I had the Awesome mod in and I didn't crash at all, and I think I didn't put the dll in the bin from the file, but what dose the  .dll file do anyways? I couldn't tell you if it conflict with anything, but all the options in cheat menu was there.
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2009 June 26, 01:26:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The real nocensor.package does not prevent the patch from uninstalling. Modifying shaders is bad, mmmkay?
gamegame
Dimwitted Dunce

MOTHER FATHER SON

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2009 June 26, 02:27:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reversing the 632 patch should be easy enough.

This is ALL the 632 patch did:

Default.ini - added "InstallationRequired = 0"
GraphicsRules.sgr - in the very last line with the #, changed "E?-Kad}" to "0bfffcc9753aabac325f".
skuversion.txt - changed "1.0.631.00002" to "1.0.632.00002".

anyone tried to successfully reverse 632 to 631 using the above method?
Link
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2009 June 26, 03:26:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I need some clarification on

Allow NPC Work Performance Gain [Optional - Default: Enabled]
     Sims not part of the active household continue to gain work performance
     for going to work, and can therefore be promoted.

Does this apply even with story progression off, or only when it's on?

EDIT: Additional dumbness. How/where is the XML file you have to edit/tweak. Are we referring to something locally or when you download the file?
« Last Edit: 2009 June 26, 05:15:10 by Link » Logged
Vakivaltainen
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2009 June 26, 04:28:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am going to wait to get the update until I know AwesomeMod works with it. I don't find any point in updating since Pescado already fixed EA's game weeks ago.  Smiley
If it wasn't for Pescado fixing it, The Sims 3 wouldn't have been tolerable. This is my way of saying thank you Pescado!
smokeverbs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2009 June 26, 04:50:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New build up, patch integrated into build. If you don't have the patch, get it here:
EN_US (00001)
If you have some weird non-English-speaking version, substitute your appropriate regional numbers.

You lost me. So do we need to get the patch in order to use the latest build, or is the patch included in the latest build?
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2009 June 26, 05:27:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You need to get and install the patch, then use the latest awesomemod, which is compatible with the patch.

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2009 June 26, 08:58:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the patch install clearly through or leave junk? Does it try to call home, or mess/move/delete up your downloads/saves? Should I backup?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2009 June 26, 13:41:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the patch install clearly through or leave junk?
It SHOULD install cleanly, but if you have a janky install from early pirated versions or early attempts at hacking the game, you may end up with a mangled directory. Works fine on Razor, though.

Does it try to call home, or mess/move/delete up your downloads/saves? Should I backup?
No, but it never hurts.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
saladoor
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2009 June 26, 13:47:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In regards to awesomod do i need to do this?

1) delete mod
2) install patch
3) install mod again

and all will then be fine, shiney and happy?

Many thanking you's  Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: