More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 21:04:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1722581 times)
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #75 on: 2009 June 24, 20:52:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, if you use a package installer, then you don't need to put your files anywhere, because the installer does this for you. That's why it's called an installer.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2009 June 25, 03:56:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the last thread, there were a ton of separate posts with different commands for different things that weren't always listed in the rtfm.  Is there any way people might list the ones they know?  I never got around to messing with the commands in AwesomeMod since I just stuck with playing regularly while running the mod siltently, but noticed there was a lot of talk about different ones in the last thread. I had intended on going through and making up some sort of reference however, that is no longer possible.  Maybe someone could start a thread for that, or post them here since the thread does say "helpful tips".  That would be awesome as a recap all in one place.

I think that is a good idea. If someone makes a list like that I'll try to edit the first post to include them.   I should probably also add the various mouse commands that I know of.

Thanks a lot. That will be a great help and will probably cut down on a lot of questions if there's a comprehensive list that everyone can refer to. Much appreciated what you've already accomplished here.
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2009 June 25, 04:07:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the last thread, there were a ton of separate posts with different commands for different things that weren't always listed in the rtfm.  Is there any way people might list the ones they know?  I never got around to messing with the commands in AwesomeMod since I just stuck with playing regularly while running the mod siltently, but noticed there was a lot of talk about different ones in the last thread. I had intended on going through and making up some sort of reference however, that is no longer possible.  Maybe someone could start a thread for that, or post them here since the thread does say "helpful tips".  That would be awesome as a recap all in one place.

I agree. I too am also totally lost regarding all these new functions, so I'll just ignore them and keep simming until I feel a bit braver.
rubenm
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2009 June 25, 05:54:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

familyfunds doesnt seem to work for me when iam under the edit town section. Do i have to select the person first or do i just have to type in anyones last name at is in the bin. I did make a new person who doesnt have a house yet but it doesnt seem to work at all. Someone please tell me exactly where in edit town to place the code and write it out exactly as it should be
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2009 June 25, 06:21:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

familyfunds doesnt seem to work for me when iam under the edit town section. Do i have to select the person first or do i just have to type in anyones last name at is in the bin. I did make a new person who doesnt have a house yet but it doesnt seem to work at all. Someone please tell me exactly where in edit town to place the code and write it out exactly as it should be
They have to have a house first.  Just move them into an empty lot.  Do the familyfunds lastname thing... then move them to where you really want them to live.

So move them to an empty lot.  type familyfunds newdude 50000    and they'll have $50,000 (assuming their lastname is newdude).
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2009 June 25, 06:28:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They have to have a house first.  Just move them into an empty lot.  Do the familyfunds lastname thing... then move them to where you really want them to live.

So move them to an empty lot.  type familyfunds newdude 50000    and they'll have $50,000 (assuming their lastname is newdude).

I found a way to shortcut this which I knew I should have written down, but I believe it was something like doing the familyfunds cheat, going through the steps of merging them into a household, but then cancelling, which updated their funds.  I'll try it again when I start up the game and see if I am remembering correctly.Can't seem to replicate this, so ignore my idiotic ramblings.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 25, 10:44:28 by Roflganger » Logged

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
saladoor
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2009 June 25, 10:29:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just read on the sims 3 forum that having the awsome mod installed stops you from being invited to parties?

A) Is this true

B) Can you be rang out of the blue to attend somebody elses party?

Huh thanks
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2009 June 25, 12:42:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think that my friends would stop inviting me to parties just because I have the Awesomemod installed. If this is the case, then they aren't very good friends!

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
saladoor
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2009 June 25, 13:45:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

chaos thankyou for making me laugh   Shocked
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2009 June 25, 16:37:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just read on the sims 3 forum that having the awsome mod installed stops you from being invited to parties?

A) Is this true

B) Can you be rang out of the blue to attend somebody elses party?

Huh thanks

My Sims were not invited to parties before Awesomemod, and they have not been invited to parties since Awesomemod, so my anecdotal experience suggests that Awesomemod has no effect on party invitations.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Trinity
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2009 June 25, 17:58:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a patch out on the official site: http://www.thesims3.com/game/patches

Complete list of changes:

* Addresses some issues with Speed 2 and 3 moving too slowly. Some machines will have better results when using Speed 2 and 3 now.
    * Fix to story progression on/off selection toggle.
    * Fix for a possible crash with audio code.
    * Fix for babysitter routing off lots with babies.
    * Addresses some issues with Vsync and refresh rate problems.
    * Addresses some issues with DVD authentication errors and drive compatibility on startup.
    * This update deals with some issues on Mac systems that can crash the game while connecting to AFP servers.
    * Fix for a freeze that can occur when Sims attempt to clean out bad food from the fridge.

Has anyone tried using the patch with Awesomemod? I was hoping that they were going to address more issues in this patch. I think I'm going to pass of this right now, as Awesomemod fixes story progression and adds awesome other features as well.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: 2009 June 25, 18:04:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The mod will of course override the patch, just like it overrode the original game, but there could be interesting juxtapositions.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
nothingfaceless
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2009 June 25, 18:25:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a patch out on the official site: http://www.thesims3.com/game/patches

* Addresses some issues with Speed 2 and 3 moving too slowly. Some machines will have better results when using Speed 2 and 3 now.
    * Addresses some issues with DVD authentication errors and drive compatibility on startup.
    * This update deals with some issues on Mac systems that can crash the game while connecting to AFP servers.
    * Fix for a freeze that can occur when Sims attempt to clean out bad food from the fridge.

Has anyone tried using the patch with Awesomemod? I was hoping that they were going to address more issues in this patch. I think I'm going to pass of this right now, as Awesomemod fixes story progression and adds awesome other features as well.
After all this time, this is all they fixed.  Pathetic.  But I guess that's EA for ya.  They seriously should compensate Pescado for fixing their fuckups.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 25, 18:30:29 by nothingfaceless » Logged
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2009 June 25, 18:37:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was discussing this with a friend the other day.  Ideally, EA would take Pescado's changes and incorporate them into the game, with a better UI.  However, is it ethical for them to do so?  Pescado is unlikely to give them his personal ID so that they can pay him for his work...

Does anyone know whether it's possible to get the patch without connecting my game machine to the internet?  My game machine hasn't had internet access since EA and Sony decided to start spying on me and destroying my hardware.  I'd prefer to download the patch and copy it over, but I can't see any way to do that.

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2009 June 25, 18:42:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was discussing this with a friend the other day.  Ideally, EA would take Pescado's changes and incorporate them into the game, with a better UI.  However, is it ethical for them to do so?  Pescado is unlikely to give them his personal ID so that they can pay him for his work...
Ethics, schmethics. It's not a concept I pay more than token attention to, so what makes you think EAxis does?

Does anyone know whether it's possible to get the patch without connecting my game machine to the internet?  My game machine hasn't had internet access since EA and Sony decided to start spying on me and destroying my hardware.  I'd prefer to download the patch and copy it over, but I can't see any way to do that.
Yes. What's your region version?
EN_US (00001)
Worldwide (00002)/Razor1911

Note that if you got the 632 patch, you have to reinstall now.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2009 June 25, 18:48:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ethics, schmethics. It's not a concept I pay more than token attention to, so what makes you think EAxis does?
That was my conclusion.  They should just use your fixes.  I'm glad to hear that you agree.  EA, are you listening?

Is it safe to use AwesomeMod with this patch?

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
fiberglassdolphin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2009 June 25, 19:36:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is ALL they fixed? What about the other obvious bugs like the inability to have more than one outfit per outfit type, or the stopping of all music when apparently too many channels are being used? Or the bracelets only going on one wrist? Or "favorite color" being vestigial? Or the inability to have custom neighborhoods? Or the conspicuous absence of a diving board, piano, or hot tub? Or the lack of a cute, zany mood-related character like Tragic Clown or Social Bunny? Or the inability to style fences, stairs, or chimneys? Or the inability to change maternity clothing? Or ghosts having all of the needs and abilities of corporal sims? Or Dim Sum being a dish rather than a style of serving? Or the developers being a bunch of lazy &$!?nuggets when it comes to patching, beta testing, and game intricacies? I had complete faith that all of these would be fixed.
Sam
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2009 June 25, 19:42:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or the one reported by GOSlings where toddlers stretch into this weird ET-like thing while watching TV? o_o

Just out of interest, what IS the point of favourite colour? I know it crops up in conversation, but... is that it?

fiberglassdolphin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2009 June 25, 19:47:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or the one reported by GOSlings where toddlers stretch into this weird ET-like thing while watching TV? o_o

Just out of interest, what IS the point of favourite colour? I know it crops up in conversation, but... is that it?

I haven't had any toddlers get all weird myself, but if that is a problem, yes AND THAT TOO! The favorite color is completely vestigial. It was supposed to give sims mood benefits when they were around it, but I guess they couldn't make the limited selection of favorite colors and the hundreds of colors available in the color wheel work together.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2009 June 25, 19:50:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no idea if this was the sole intent, but when Sims discover they have a favorite color in common, it boosts their friendship a bit. Similar to how having a trait in common will give a boost.  That's my observation, anyway.  Someone who's seen the code could tell you whether my observation is true or just wishful thinking.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
crunk
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2009 June 25, 19:55:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you are having extreme speed issues the patch is worth downloading. I no longer have time to make dinner while sims are at work and school. Speeds 2 - 3 are now comparable to TS2 2 - 3 speeds.
fiberglassdolphin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2009 June 25, 20:00:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The speed issue annoys me, so I am downloading the patch and hoping that my hacks still work. It's not like the patch is dramatically changing much of anything.

For optimum speed, in case this patch does nothing for it, zoom in close to the ground. You can also move your camera out into an empty field far away from anything. I think that helps even more.
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2009 June 25, 20:08:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I knew I was right to avoid that patch, don't fancy another 24 hours of downloading  Tongue
GnatGoSplat
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2009 June 25, 20:26:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I knew I was right to avoid that patch, don't fancy another 24 hours of downloading  Tongue

Reversing the 632 patch should be easy enough.

This is ALL the 632 patch did:

Default.ini - added "InstallationRequired = 0"
GraphicsRules.sgr - in the very last line with the #, changed "E?-Kad}" to "0bfffcc9753aabac325f".
skuversion.txt - changed "1.0.631.00002" to "1.0.632.00002".
nothingfaceless
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2009 June 25, 20:28:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't had any toddlers get all weird myself, but if that is a problem, yes AND THAT TOO! The favorite color is completely vestigial. It was supposed to give sims mood benefits when they were around it, but I guess they couldn't make the limited selection of favorite colors and the hundreds of colors available in the color wheel work together.
Oh yes, I've banned the tv from the toddlers cause of this.  I can't believe this is all they fixed after all this time.  Especially when there are other crazy bugs, like the turdler-tv thing, that need fixing.

Edited for clarity.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: