More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 19:19:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1722571 times)
Indiasong
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #50 on: 2009 June 24, 00:03:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's probably it, he was a maid. mirror worked, but you have to remember the name and type it flawlessly.
old_dude
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2009 June 24, 01:41:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Let me try to explain further. What I am looking for is an option to click on a sim that is not currently in the household I am running and have the option to "select sim". Once I do this then my control switches from the household I was controling to the household of this new sim I have selected. Ctrl-Click does nothing when clicking on a sim from another household.

As of yesterdays build, control still worked for me in selecting other sims.

Nevermind, I see now you found your problem.
MASchlabach
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2009 June 24, 02:26:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ShowConfig in the newest version of AwesomeMod has an option I have never seen before, and can find no mention of it in any of the threads - "InformOnStoryAction: False"

Was wondering if anyone had any further information on what this option enables. My (hopeful) guess would be pop-ups informing you of the Story Mode type of actions occurring in the neighborhood, replacing the need to spend an hour reading the paper every day!
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2009 June 24, 03:11:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ShowConfig in the newest version of AwesomeMod has an option I have never seen before, and can find no mention of it in any of the threads - "InformOnStoryAction: False"

Was wondering if anyone had any further information on what this option enables. My (hopeful) guess would be pop-ups informing you of the Story Mode type of actions occurring in the neighborhood, replacing the need to spend an hour reading the paper every day!
When story mode gives someone a job or does a change in the relationship between 2 sims or fires someone or has someone retire etc etc etc it will let you know.

It is kind of cool to see... and usually there aren't too many popups.  (They generally happen at 1 am)
« Last Edit: 2009 June 24, 03:54:08 by Simius » Logged
rubenm
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2009 June 24, 03:22:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Im not sure if this is possibly but can you add money to a family when your in edit town?
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2009 June 24, 03:59:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Im not sure if this is possibly but can you add money to a family when your in edit town?

Yes.  Go into the console (ctrl-shift-c) and type Familyfunds Lastname 5000 to set the Lastname family's money to $5,000.  You can set it to whatever amount you like.
astraled
Asinine Airhead

Minty Fresh!

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2009 June 24, 04:33:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is editme supposed to be gone from the latest version?  I tried it out and am getting an unknown command response.

I don't want to put this in the bug thread in case it's a feature.

Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2009 June 24, 05:05:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is editme supposed to be gone from the latest version?  I tried it out and am getting an unknown command response.

It is now editsim
astraled
Asinine Airhead

Minty Fresh!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2009 June 24, 06:07:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The name of this thread is not a lie! That is a most excellent helpful tip.

It seems obvious now, you'd think I would have hit on it when I was typing in all the variations on edit I could think of. So not awesome of me.

Thanks.

Mimi
Tasty Tourist

Do you feel bright?

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2009 June 24, 06:12:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi fellow simmers! Okay, so I just downloaded awesomeMod and I have a Mac. First I downloaded the 'framework.zip', and after, I downloaded the 'awesome.zip.'

This is the folder route:
Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > Framework > Mods > Packages > Awesome

Is this correct? Should awesomeMod work?

These are the ONLY two things I downloaded. I did NOT download 'Delphy's Framework Install Monkey For Dummies.'

Iron birds fly with paper butterflies. They cover my dreams with a million lies. Tonight I won't be sleeping when the ocean waves are crashing through my severed veins. -- ( My Lyrics )
phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2009 June 24, 06:56:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This sounds... well, awesome.
So, I hope you'll explain a couple of things to a peasant (me).
What is a hack framework (it's required--what is it? is it related to ".NET Framework 3.5", which is a requirement for Install Helper Monkey? and I don't know what that is either). I know this is probably basic. I've lurked and read every post on the Awesomemod and I can't figure some of this stuff out. XML? (I see this one a lot... it's probably obvious  Embarrassed )

The Install Helper Monkey also states in its description on MTS "Please note that this overwrites any existing Resource.cfg file in the Sims 3 root folder." Should I care about this?

Sorry to ask stupid questions, but I want to learn!

INTP.
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2009 June 24, 07:08:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This sounds... well, awesome.
So, I hope you'll explain a couple of things to a peasant (me).
What is a hack framework (it's required--what is it? is it related to ".NET Framework 3.5", which is a requirement for Install Helper Monkey? and I don't know what that is either). I know this is probably basic. I've lurked and read every post on the Awesomemod and I can't figure some of this stuff out. XML? (I see this one a lot... it's probably obvious  Embarrassed )

The Install Helper Monkey also states in its description on MTS "Please note that this overwrites any existing Resource.cfg file in the Sims 3 root folder." Should I care about this?

Sorry to ask stupid questions, but I want to learn!

Don't worry about all that.  Just download the monkey installer then run that.  Everything will be all set up for you.  Then download awesomemod and double click it.  It will install it for you.  Then double click on it again and you should get an error message saying the file was already installed.  If you get that then you should be good to go.  (repeat for the aweconfig.package as well if you want to customize awesomemod) load up the sims.  Play your neighborhood.  Then open up the console (ctl-shift-c) and type in "showconfig".  If you get a popup window listing all the awesomemod features... it is running correctly in your game.

After that, if you ever want to update awesomemod with a newer version you will have to delete the old awesomemod and the old aweconfig.package

If you can't find them... then just double click on the awesome.package that you downloaded and you'll get that error message again which tells you where it was installed previously.  After you delete those files double click on the new ones to have them installed.

It is as easy as that.  And no, don't worry about the monkey installer overwriting the resource.cfg  That only really pertains to people who have manually installed mods and made their own resource.cfg
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2009 June 24, 07:10:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, it's not correct, and the mod (nor any other mod) will work whatsoever.

I strongly recommend you to use this installer, expecially if you didn't install anything else before. Shameless self-promotion, but really, explaining how to do it manually every time is a hassle.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
JoWe
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2009 June 24, 07:15:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is now editsim

I tried this command too and got the same "unknown command" message. What exactly did I have to wirte into the commandline and from where, household with sim selected, neighborhood?

Thx and Greetz
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2009 June 24, 07:19:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is now editsim

I tried this command too and got the same "unknown command" message. What exactly did I have to wirte into the commandline and from where, household with sim selected, neighborhood?

Thx and Greetz
With a sim selected.  (not in CAS or anywhere like that)

Do any of the other commands work for you?  It is possible you don't have awesomemod installed correctly.  Try typing in "showconfig" and see if that works.  (no quotes)
Quill
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2009 June 24, 08:32:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi fellow simmers! Okay, so I just downloaded awesomeMod and I have a Mac. First I downloaded the 'framework.zip', and after, I downloaded the 'awesome.zip.'

These are the ONLY two things I downloaded. I did NOT download 'Delphy's Framework Install Monkey For Dummies.'

Please see my post one page back directing another Mac user to the relevant guide someone posted elsewhere.  It should work.  Macs are speshul snowflakes and require some steps that PCs don't, because they hide the file structure inside of what you see as an application.  I don't play the Sims on a Mac so I can't give you the exact directions, but someone else already posted them. 

Kind advice from a lurker:  It is a very, very bad idea to post on MATY without reading the entire thread (no matter how many pages long it is) to make sure your question hasn't already been asked.  Those who are More Awesome will poke you with sporks until you run away in tears.  If you're planning on posting again, read the FAQ:  http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,7437.0.html
igottapi
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2009 June 24, 12:39:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know how to kill the meal anytime code?
bidou
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2009 June 24, 13:13:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A small addtion to the list of commands - You can ctrl-click on another family's house to change active households.
twoftmama
Blathering Buffoon

Domestic Goddess

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2009 June 24, 14:26:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I type showconfig the list is so long it goes from the top of my screen past the bottom. The check you click to close the box isn't even visible. You can't click anything behind it and you can't close the box so it basically you are stuck. I had to Alt-Tab to minimize the game them do Ctrl-Alt-Delete to close the game.

If the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left handed people are in their right mind.

TFM'S Naughty Sims Asylum
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2009 June 24, 14:29:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could have just pressed enter, but the new update changes that so it won't happen.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ForkInToaster
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2009 June 24, 14:49:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been busy with my current family who had a missing phone for a while and 5 screaming diaper-fillers.  I haven't had time to check on the randomly generated townie families.  Has the smarter AI been producing romance or kids in your town?  I saw one married family with three kids, but I think they came to town that way.  I'm sure the AwesomeMod is chugging away as it should, but I'd like to know if anyone has seen it in action -- sims gettin' it own all by themselves.
Mimi
Tasty Tourist

Do you feel bright?

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2009 June 24, 18:22:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I strongly recommend you to use this installer, expecially if you didn't install anything else before. Shameless self-promotion, but really, explaining how to do it manually every time is a hassle.

I'm sorry. I feel like such a pain... but thank you so much!
So now, all I have to do is install awesomeMod like this? :
The Sims 3 (Alias) > Mods > Packages > Awesome

Please see my post one page back directing another Mac user to the relevant guide someone posted elsewhere.  It should work.  Macs are speshul snowflakes and require some steps that PCs don't, because they hide the file structure inside of what you see as an application.  I don't play the Sims on a Mac so I can't give you the exact directions, but someone else already posted them. 

Kind advice from a lurker:  It is a very, very bad idea to post on MATY without reading the entire thread (no matter how many pages long it is) to make sure your question hasn't already been asked.  Those who are More Awesome will poke you with sporks until you run away in tears.  If you're planning on posting again, read the FAQ:  http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,7437.0.html.

I'm so sorry. I know, I'm a pain... and I surely don't want to be poked with sporks. Tongue
But I looked through the forum and I saw the previous user that was having problems. I read through the link that was given on your post, and it helped-- but, I got stuck because there are two awesomeMod downloads (the part going back to the framework folder).

I downloaded the Sims Alias that Marhis posted and it definitely seems less confusing. Now I just need to know what folder the awesomeMod download goes in.

Iron birds fly with paper butterflies. They cover my dreams with a million lies. Tonight I won't be sleeping when the ocean waves are crashing through my severed veins. -- ( My Lyrics )
phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2009 June 24, 19:10:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't worry about all that.  Just download the monkey installer then run that.  Everything will be all set up for you.  Then download awesomemod and double click it.  It will install it for you.  Then double click on it again and you should get an error message saying the file was already installed.  If you get that then you should be good to go. 

Thanks for the help! I'm going to dl everything and install it.   Cheesy

INTP.
pennyhugo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2009 June 24, 19:37:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hi all! Is "lifetimehappiness" not working with your game also?

bottles
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2009 June 24, 20:19:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry. I feel like such a pain... but thank you so much!
So now, all I have to do is install awesomeMod like this? :
The Sims 3 (Alias) > Mods > Packages > Awesome

Please see my post one page back directing another Mac user to the relevant guide someone posted elsewhere.  It should work.  Macs are speshul snowflakes and require some steps that PCs don't, because they hide the file structure inside of what you see as an application.  I don't play the Sims on a Mac so I can't give you the exact directions, but someone else already posted them.  

Kind advice from a lurker:  It is a very, very bad idea to post on MATY without reading the entire thread (no matter how many pages long it is) to make sure your question hasn't already been asked.  Those who are More Awesome will poke you with sporks until you run away in tears.  If you're planning on posting again, read the FAQ:  http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,7437.0.html.

I'm so sorry. I know, I'm a pain... and I surely don't want to be poked with sporks. Tongue
But I looked through the forum and I saw the previous user that was having problems. I read through the link that was given on your post, and it helped-- but, I got stuck because there are two awesomeMod downloads (the part going back to the framework folder).

I downloaded the Sims Alias that Marhis posted and it definitely seems less confusing. Now I just need to know what folder the awesomeMod download goes in.

Good rule: if it ends in .package, it goes in the Packages folder.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: