More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 23:05:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1722603 times)
Quill
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #25 on: 2009 June 23, 05:13:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know that I am doing something wrong.  I just started using a Mac, so I'm not used to them.  First I installed the framework.  I wasn't sure if it went in Applications > The Sims 3 or Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3.  I've tried both.  Is there a Sims 3 folder I'm missing?  I know under windows it would go in the one under Program Files, but I don't think Macs have Program Files.

Then I added the .package file to Mods and deleted the scriptcache.package from Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3.  No matter what combination described above the mod doesn't actually do anything.  My game remains as usual.  None of the Awesomod features are present.

So, if anyone has a Mac and knows what I'm doing wrong, please let me know.  Thank you!

Installing Awesomemod on a Mac:  http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15477.0.html

There is an entire thread about it, but it is not in the Awesomemod section, so I can understand how you would miss it.  However, do try a search next time, it results in less pokings from the MATY crowd. 
joefish
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 June 23, 05:22:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just downloaded the lastest version of the Awesomod, but I can't seem to locate one of its previous features. In the previous Awesomod version that I had I could shift click a sim that I wasn't controling and select "select sim" this way I could now control that other sim. Now when i shift-click a sim that option does not appear. What happened to it? I really liked that feature
old_dude
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 June 23, 05:45:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Control click.
joefish
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 June 23, 06:05:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for that tip, but that ctrl-click did not show me what i was looking for. Let me try to explain further. What I am looking for is an option to click on a sim that is not currently in the household I am running and have the option to "select sim". Once I do this then my control switches from the household I was controling to the household of this new sim I have selected. Ctrl-Click does nothing when clicking on a sim from another household. The previous version of the awesomod allowed me to shift-click on a sim not from my own household and select them and therefore control them
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 June 23, 06:07:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the last thread, there were a ton of separate posts with different commands for different things that weren't always listed in the rtfm.  Is there any way people might list the ones they know?  I never got around to messing with the commands in AwesomeMod since I just stuck with playing regularly while running the mod siltently, but noticed there was a lot of talk about different ones in the last thread. I had intended on going through and making up some sort of reference however, that is no longer possible.  Maybe someone could start a thread for that, or post them here since the thread does say "helpful tips".  That would be awesome as a recap all in one place.
rosenshyne
Dimwitted Dunce

I/ENFJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2009 June 23, 06:12:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since the bugs thread has been closed, I'm posting this here. If I've missed the new bugs post, degrade me thoroughly.

I'm only using the awesomemod + enablescripterror packages; the one I'm using is from 15 June. I've tried multiple times to use the latest one (21 June, afternoon version) and kept all the standard configs, except that I enabled debugcommands (<i>not</i>, however, debuginteractions). Every time I try to use it, however, it loads up fine, asks me which game file I want to play - but then it reports that there's no CD in the drive. The no-CD is, naturally, enabled.

I've cleared caches, I've returned debugcommands to disabled, I even tried disabling no-CD and then re-enabling it. It continues to report that there's no CD until I finally reinstalled the awesomemod from 15 June.

Anyone else got this problem? Am I doing something painfully, obviously stupid? Or is it just an unknown oddity?

I had that problem. It ended up being because I was still trying to use the launcher. Make a new shortcut, this one pointing directly to the C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Games\Bin\TS3.exe If you need to add new Store content in the future, you can just open the launcher, install the content, and then use the new shortcut to start the game.

*Edit for incorrect file path.

Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009 June 23, 06:43:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the last thread, there were a ton of separate posts with different commands for different things that weren't always listed in the rtfm.  Is there any way people might list the ones they know?  I never got around to messing with the commands in AwesomeMod since I just stuck with playing regularly while running the mod siltently, but noticed there was a lot of talk about different ones in the last thread. I had intended on going through and making up some sort of reference however, that is no longer possible.  Maybe someone could start a thread for that, or post them here since the thread does say "helpful tips".  That would be awesome as a recap all in one place.

I think that is a good idea. If someone makes a list like that I'll try to edit the first post to include them.   I should probably also add the various mouse commands that I know of.
tedw
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009 June 23, 07:10:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't see this in the RTFM, but found it mentioned in another thread:

disableclothingfilter on/off - Lets you pick any item of clothing for any category in the CAS screen.
Robowolf
Asinine Airhead

Oh, to toss grenades around in space!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009 June 23, 07:18:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had that problem. It ended up being because I was still trying to use the launcher. Make a new shortcut, this one pointing directly to the C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Games\Bin\TS3.exe If you need to add new Store content in the future, you can just open the launcher, install the content, and then use the new shortcut to start the game.

I never even installed the launcher, actually, but I tried deleting/redoing the shortcut and going through all it again - nope. Still asks for a CD.
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009 June 23, 08:00:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay.... done updating the first post with all the console commands/mouse commands I know.

Thanks tedw for the disableclothingfilter command... I've added it to the list.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 23, 08:09:03 by Simius » Logged
Franc Kaos
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2009 June 23, 10:18:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi, just registered here to post my thanks for an awesome mod, no bug reports as such (did notice the 1am glitch but not too bad on my system - self built games machine), but I do have a question/suggestion; is there any way of making all the props uni sexual? (hair, clothes, personal decs - or at least the hair, a lot of the female hair would look ok on the guys).

Actually, kind'a surprised to find myself utterly addicted to this game, played The Sims1 for a few hours, same for TS2, but this version (with a few annoyances, agree about the ingame lighting, though fixed the pudding look by changing the res format, they look better at 5:10 than 16:9), really grabbed me, 'got' it for my niece but can't stop playing it.

Anyway, cheers for unborking the game even more.

Franc Kaos.
JoWe
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2009 June 23, 10:53:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed the latest version yesterday and leave  the "Wired Stereos Don't Annoy Bedrooms" enabled, now none of my Stereos have sound!
I use the German version of S3.

Greetz
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2009 June 23, 10:55:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pretty sure that has been fixed for some time.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
kittie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2009 June 23, 12:30:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw in the awesomemod configuration tool that there is an option for TS2 style aging where only the active household ages, which is what i've been dieing for! Can I get a confirmation from anyone that this works?  Cheesy
« Last Edit: 2009 June 23, 12:45:37 by kittie » Logged
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2009 June 23, 13:03:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw in the awesomemod configuration tool that there is an option for TS2 style aging where only the active household ages, which is what i've been dieing for! Can I get a confirmation from anyone that this works?  Cheesy

It works.  But you shouldn't need confirmation.  The fact that Pescado says it is there should be enough.  He only makes things that work.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
rubenm
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2009 June 23, 14:47:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think my question got lost a bit but I asked

before I enabled Commands and Interactions with the Awesomemod i was able to slide the needs to fill them up when I want. I cant seem to do that now when I have both enabled . Is there a way to get the slider again?
bottles
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2009 June 23, 15:12:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think my question got lost a bit but I asked

before I enabled Commands and Interactions with the Awesomemod i was able to slide the needs to fill them up when I want. I cant seem to do that now when I have both enabled . Is there a way to get the slider again?

Actually, I'm having the same thing happen. Just put in the testingcheatsenabled command.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 23, 17:14:08 by bottles » Logged

Blech
Garrulous Gimp

Moar Stanky Than You

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2009 June 23, 15:18:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never even installed the launcher, actually, but I tried deleting/redoing the shortcut and going through all it again - nope. Still asks for a CD.

My little sister had the same problem after I installed Awesomemod on her laptop. Turns out she was making a new shortcut to the launcher and not the .exe. Not saying you're as computer illiterate as her, but it's worth double checking.

Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Evil is profitable only when everyone is not evil.
Moar words of wisdom from our wise and bearded Fearless Leader.
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2009 June 23, 15:26:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a question for you Pescardo.  I see you added a feature where non-active sims can gain lifetime happiness by fulfilling wishes.  Very cool for anyone who is playing multiple families.  But do non-active sims automatically choose new wishes... or do they only fulfill the ones you have already selected for them when they were in your active family?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2009 June 23, 15:28:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a question for you Pescardo.  I see you added a feature where non-active sims can gain lifetime happiness by fulfilling wishes.  Very cool for anyone who is playing multiple families.  But do non-active sims automatically choose new wishes... or do they only fulfill the ones you have already selected for them when they were in your active family?
Just the ones you already selected. For now. More to come, though.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
KarateKari
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2009 June 23, 17:05:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for that tip, but that ctrl-click did not show me what i was looking for. Let me try to explain further. What I am looking for is an option to click on a sim that is not currently in the household I am running and have the option to "select sim". Once I do this then my control switches from the household I was controling to the household of this new sim I have selected. Ctrl-Click does nothing when clicking on a sim from another household. The previous version of the awesomod allowed me to shift-click on a sim not from my own household and select them and therefore control them

You might also try alt-click.  It's moved around a few times in the various versions.  It's there, though.  One of my favorite features.
JoWe
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2009 June 23, 19:11:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pretty sure that has been fixed for some time.

I think you´re right it seems I have the missing music bug ;(
Indiasong
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2009 June 23, 21:21:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well shift-click doesn't work for me either now, neither does crtl-click or alt-click to select a sim. I'm missing that feature.
And I have the missing music bug too, I noticed when it came back briefly during another interaction, can't remember what it was.
BobDob
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2009 June 23, 21:31:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ctrl-clicking just worked for me.  Thanks for asking the question, b/c I had no idea you could seamlessly switch between households in seconds.  What an incredible feature.  You can switch to NPC's, see where their family members are doing, grant them wishes, see how their career and relationship.  I switched to some random towny and saw that every family member was busy doing something, and within moments one of them got a new skill level.  It really makes the town feel more alive. 
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2009 June 23, 21:49:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well shift-click doesn't work for me either now, neither does crtl-click or alt-click to select a sim. I'm missing that feature.
And I have the missing music bug too, I noticed when it came back briefly during another interaction, can't remember what it was.
If the sim you are clicking on is homeless then you can't select them.  Type listhomeless in the console and see if the sim you are trying to select is homeless.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: