More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:11:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1722513 times)
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« on: 2009 June 22, 17:32:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Instead of filling up the request thread with a bunch of questions, let's ask them here and see if we can help each other out with some of the features.

The next post contains all the AwesomeMod commands I know of.  I'll try to keep it as updated as possible.  If you notice anything that is wrong or unclear please give me a heads up.  If you find any commands I don't have listed... by all means post it here and I'll try to add it to the list.

Wikki type page for awesomemod: http://wikka.moreawesomethanyou.com/Awesomemod
« Last Edit: 2010 May 19, 02:49:13 by Simius » Logged
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 22, 17:35:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Use the following at your own risk.  (I dunno if that needs to be said, obviously nobody else is risking anything if you bork something)
Known console commands ctrl shift c to activate the console
showconfig - lists your current AwesomeMod config settings
showconfig RoboticHandofGod - shows the current config setting for RoboticHandofGod  (change "RoboticHandofGod" to a different setting listed from showconfig to see its current setting.  For example, showconfig lesswhiny will show you if the lesswhiny feature is enabled)
setconfig RoboticHandofGod true - enables the awesomeMod feature "RoboticHandofGod" (change "RoboticHandofGod" to a different setting listed from showconfig to activate that setting; Change "true" to "false" to deactivate a setting)  For example setconfig lesswhiny false will deactivate the lesswhiny feature.
Maxmotives - sets all motives in the household to max
editsim - brings up the CAS for the currently active sim.
editsim firstname lastname - edits the sim Firtname Lastname in CAS.
destroyallhumans - deletes all sims.  Including your current family.  Good for starting a fresh neighborhood
destroyallnpcs - deletes all npcs.
destroyalltownies - deletes all non active household humans (I'm not sure if it kills any npcs... I've never used this one.... but I am pretty sure it doesn't kill any active household members.... someone with experience with this command let me know exactly what it does)
help - lists all console commands.  This list includes EA commands as well as AwesomeMod commands
dresser - sends active sim to the CAS dresser mode for editing outfits
dresser firstname lastname - sends the sim Firstname Lastname to the CAS dresser for editing outfits
mirror - sends active sim to the CAS mirror mode for editing hair and whatnot
mirror firtname lastname - sends the sim Firstname Lastname to the CAS mirror for editing hair and whatnot
lifetimehappiness - adds 50,000 spendable lifetime happiness points to the selected sim
listchosen - lists all your households that are protected from story mode by having the ChosenTagString in their household description.  good for testing if you did it right.  (I haven't tested this yet... so feedback if my description is inaccurate would be welcome)
listhomeless - lists all homeless households in the neighborhood
money - sets the active sim's funds to $1,000,000
money 1000 - sets the active sim's funds to $1,000... change the value to whatever you like
select firsname lastname - selects the sim Firstname Lastname and changes your active household to him.  (I think this is an awesomemod command.... but I don't know 100%.  I also haven't tested this so feedback is welcome)
SetHouseholdDescription texthere - Sets the current household description to texthere.  change "texthere" to whatever you like.  Good for setting up a household to be protected by your story mode protection string or to make a household listed under your radar string.  (This might not be an awesomemod command)  No longer necessary, see bless command.
disableclothingfilter on/off - Lets you pick any item of clothing for any category in the CAS screen *Thanks tedw*
bless toggles it on the Sacred status of current fambly.  Used for storymode protection.
bless <houshold> - to bless a household.  (probably toggles it... so if you type it a second time you can probably disable it for that household)

Known mouse commands - pulls up pie menu commands
ctrl-shift-click on a sim - EA debug commands *use at your own risk* *seriously* *You would be safer lighting your computer on fire than you would be using some of those functions*
ctrl-click on active sim - Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander is kind of like Macrotastics from The Sims 2.  It will direct your sim to do things like "collect rocks" and whatnot.
    Task: Power Idle
    Task: Random Crap
    Task: Write Book *Must already have a book in progress*
    Task: Trash Rummage
    Collect: Bugs
    Collect: Rocks
    Collect: Seeds
    Collect: Everything
    Skill: Cooking
    Skill: Mechanical
    Skill: Logic
    Skill: Gardening
    Skill: Writing
    Skill: Charisma
ctrl-click on another family's sim- selects sim and changes to his family
Shift-click on active sim- Modify Traits of the sim
Shift-click on sim- Trigger Age Transition of sim
shift-click on non-family sim - Add to active Family
In the map screen: ctrl-Rightclick on one of the orange tags to instantly select! Control and track your entire neighborhood!
ctrl-Rightclick - Marking and Unmarking sims and households for Sacred status and Radar tracking
ctrl-click on another family's house to change active households *thanks bidou*

addtrait Pedophile Makes an adult sim receptive to advances from a 12.
addtrait Pedobait Makes a 12 receptive to advances from an adult
backtowork  Get back to work you slacker!
addtrait <trait name> adds a trait to a sim.  It is case sensitive. To add the "Natural Cook" trait you need to type in addtrait NaturalCook
droptrait <trait name> removes a trait from a sim.  It is case sensitive.
rename renames a sim.  Doesn't check for the name's length
therapture  The rapture is coming! Only your chosen will be saved.
listchosen It lists the chosen.
wandhere wands the lot ala sims2 wand.  (I think if people are stuck it fixes it... but I have no idea.. Someone please explain this one for me)
« Last Edit: 2009 July 01, 23:58:53 by Simius » Logged
startspring
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 22, 19:18:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi!

Every night at 12.59 (in game Roll Eyes) the game starts lagging, and I mean serious lagging. It stops for about 2 min and then runs for 2 sec all through the night. In the morning about 4 o clock it starts running normal speed again Huh Awesome is the only mod I have installed. I love it and want to keep it Cry Anyone else who has these issues? What to do?
startspring
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 22, 19:34:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good to know. My Pc is kinda averege so Tongue. Thanks for the info Smiley
Queena
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 22, 19:37:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Question, sorry if this is documented someplace, but how do I increase the limit that kleptomaniacs can steal per night?
Death-Jester
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 22, 19:44:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's normal. RTFT.

Around 1am the 'story mode' routines run, and Awesomemod tries to sanitize them so they're not too stupid. This is still very CPU intensive -- several seconds delay on fast PCs, and up to minutes for slow PCs.

It's weird though - this has started happening to me recently, like the past 2 days or so, but never before that.
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 June 22, 19:47:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Question, sorry if this is documented someplace, but how do I increase the limit that kleptomaniacs can steal per night?

There is a mod for that.  It allows you to steal at any time (if nobody is looking) and increases the limit to 50 items per day.

http://www.sims2workshop.com/viewtopic.php?t=3087
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 June 22, 19:51:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's weird though - this has started happening to me recently, like the past 2 days or so, but never before that.

I'm talking to the walls.  This has been discussed (to friggin death) in the Request thread.

The changes that are causing the lag are new.  Therefore the lag is new.  You didn't experience before 2 days ago, because the Story Progression changes didn't exist before 2 days ago.

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 June 22, 19:51:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's normal. RTFT.

Around 1am the 'story mode' routines run, and Awesomemod tries to sanitize them so they're not too stupid. This is still very CPU intensive -- several seconds delay on fast PCs, and up to minutes for slow PCs.

That's because previous versions of Awesomemod didn't really touch the story mode logic.  The new version makes it smarter... but uses a lot of calculations to work so that is why it is lagging now.  For me, it lags 2 or 3 times for 1 minute... then runs fine.  I'm sure it acts differently in different hoods/different computers.

The good news is J. M. Pescado is trying to find where in the code it is hanging up, and trying to make it more efficient.  So hopefully in a future build it won't lag anymore but still make story mode more logical and not completely random like the vanilla version.  
Mandapotpie
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 June 22, 20:38:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For me, it lags 2 or 3 times for 1 minute... then runs fine.  I'm sure it acts differently in different hoods/different computers.

I already knew about the lag issue but I do have a question about it. I was playing the same household of orphans for a couple of sim weeks (long enough for the toddler to be 2 days from teen) and the first few nights the lag was once at 1 a.m. for a couple of minutes. But the longer I played the game, the lags started lasting longer. Right now they happen every 5 sim minutes starting at 1 a.m. until about 3:30 a.m.

I haven't played with any version released today because I have been at work. But it did seem to get exponentially worse the longer I played. Has this already been fixed? Has anyone else had this problem?

Knowledge is often mistaken for intelligence. This is like mistaking a cup of milk for a cow. If you never fail, you're not trying hard enough.
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 June 22, 20:56:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just installed the newest build and the lag issue seems much better.  Had I not been watching 1am come and go, I might not have noticed the tiny hiccup that occurred.  That's especially remarkable considering the game itself is running really slowly for me because my computer really needs to be rebooted.  I tested two nights in a row.

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
nothingfaceless
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 June 22, 21:36:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this question posted at the request thread before you made this one.  Was going to tell someone to move it to here, but appearently it got erased or something.  Anyway, my question was for the God's chosen tag.  Do you put that into the individual sims descriptions or just the household description.  Also, do you just type what you put in in the config tool?  For example, I used noprog for the key, so you just type that in the description and that's it.  Or do you have to do something else as well.  Sorry if I sound like a moron, but I wasn't totally sure based off the description in the readme.
Tawny
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 June 22, 21:38:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a problem- I'm posting it here because I'm not sure if it's my game/a glitch or related to the Awesomemod.

I installed the Awesomemod according to the directions I found on this site and at MTS. I'm about 98% sure I did it right. I triple checked to make sure I installed it correctly.

After starting my game (which loaded perfectly fine, no crashes/problems!) I played for about a minute and a half before my mouse disappeared! Sad
I couldn't see the pointer at all, so I keyboard shortcutted a Quit and voila! My mouse was right there on my desktop.

I've just removed the Awesomemod and I'm going to restart my game to see if it was a game error or an Awesomemod error. If I restart my game and the mouse is back, I'm going to reinstall the Awesomemod again just to make sure it was/wasn't the Awesomemod.
Robowolf
Asinine Airhead

Oh, to toss grenades around in space!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 June 22, 21:42:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since the bugs thread has been closed, I'm posting this here. If I've missed the new bugs post, degrade me thoroughly.

I'm only using the awesomemod + enablescripterror packages; the one I'm using is from 15 June. I've tried multiple times to use the latest one (21 June, afternoon version) and kept all the standard configs, except that I enabled debugcommands (<i>not</i>, however, debuginteractions). Every time I try to use it, however, it loads up fine, asks me which game file I want to play - but then it reports that there's no CD in the drive. The no-CD is, naturally, enabled.

I've cleared caches, I've returned debugcommands to disabled, I even tried disabling no-CD and then re-enabling it. It continues to report that there's no CD until I finally reinstalled the awesomemod from 15 June.

Anyone else got this problem? Am I doing something painfully, obviously stupid? Or is it just an unknown oddity?
Jonni
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 June 22, 21:59:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd just like to report a possible problem I've found. I have No Random Merges, Evictions and Additions enabled, and I noticed a household consisting of 2 adult males left their rather large house and merged with another 2 person household, making it a 4 person household. This new house they moved in to is tiny, with 1 double bed, and the sims are all strangers to each other.  Huh

Is No Random Merges working fine for everyone else?
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 June 22, 22:03:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this question posted at the request thread before you made this one.  Was going to tell someone to move it to here, but appearently it got erased or something.  Anyway, my question was for the God's chosen tag.  Do you put that into the individual sims descriptions or just the household description.  Also, do you just type what you put in in the config tool?  For example, I used noprog for the key, so you just type that in the description and that's it.  Or do you have to do something else as well.  Sorry if I sound like a moron, but I wasn't totally sure based off the description in the readme.

The description on the config tool says "Households containing this string in their description are immune to Story Mode. Leave blank to not use this feature."  So it would make sense to be placed in the household description.    That is where I am putting it at any rate.

You shouldn't have to do anything beyond that (beyond setting the code in the aweconfig.package of course).  I believe you could even have other text in there as long as it somewhere says "noprog" or whichever code you chose.  But I don't like to tempt fate so my descriptions only include the tagline I chose.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 June 22, 22:17:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After starting my game (which loaded perfectly fine, no crashes/problems!) I played for about a minute and a half before my mouse disappeared! Sad
I couldn't see the pointer at all, so I keyboard shortcutted a Quit and voila! My mouse was right there on my desktop.

I doubt it's due to awesomemod, as I experienced the same more than once, with and without mod. It occurred more frequently if I keep the game minimized at some point: when I return, the cursor is gone.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
nothingfaceless
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 June 22, 22:42:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The description on the config tool says "Households containing this string in their description are immune to Story Mode. Leave blank to not use this feature."  So it would make sense to be placed in the household description.    That is where I am putting it at any rate.

You shouldn't have to do anything beyond that (beyond setting the code in the aweconfig.package of course).  I believe you could even have other text in there as long as it somewhere says "noprog" or whichever code you chose.  But I don't like to tempt fate so my descriptions only include the tagline I chose.
That's what I thought, but wasn't for sure.  Thanks for the reply.

I doubt it's due to awesomemod, as I experienced the same more than once, with and without mod. It occurred more frequently if I keep the game minimized at some point: when I return, the cursor is gone.
It's not due to the mod.  I've had this happen in other games as well.  Usually restarting the game fixes it. 
bottles
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 June 22, 22:49:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a problem- I'm posting it here because I'm not sure if it's my game/a glitch or related to the Awesomemod.

I installed the Awesomemod according to the directions I found on this site and at MTS. I'm about 98% sure I did it right. I triple checked to make sure I installed it correctly.

I've just removed the Awesomemod and I'm going to restart my game to see if it was a game error or an Awesomemod error. If I restart my game and the mouse is back, I'm going to reinstall the Awesomemod again just to make sure it was/wasn't the Awesomemod.

I play in windowed mode, but the mouse-loss happens to me occasionally. I just click around inside and outside the window until it comes back. I've never had to restart the game to get it back.

rubenm
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 June 22, 23:59:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hey everyone Im new here and I needed some help with the mod. Do you have to have aging on under options in order to have the TS2Aging cheat to work?

thanks
nothingfaceless
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 June 23, 00:02:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe you would.  Otherwise your the active household wouldn't age.  Also, you need to have the ts2 aging enabled via the config tool.
rubenm
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 June 23, 00:10:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok thank you for the quick response Smiley So for sure no one else will age once i put aging on under options only the current household im playing? I dont like my default sims aging hehe
nothingfaceless
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 June 23, 00:24:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok thank you for the quick response Smiley So for sure no one else will age once i put aging on under options only the current household im playing? I dont like my default sims aging hehe
That is the way it supposed to work.  I don't use that feature, so take my advice with a grain of salt.  The best way to see if it is working before you start your main family, is to test drive a couple of premade families for 2 or so sim days.  I believe they age at midnight, so switch families after then.  Just make sure you remember their age before you switch over.  Rinse and repeat.
rubenm
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 June 23, 02:20:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One more thing guys before I enabled Commands and Interactions with the Awesomemod i was able to slide the needs to fill them up when I want. I cant seem to do that now. Is there a way to get the slider again?
m_evergreen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 June 23, 04:47:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know that I am doing something wrong.  I just started using a Mac, so I'm not used to them.  First I installed the framework.  I wasn't sure if it went in Applications > The Sims 3 or Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3.  I've tried both.  Is there a Sims 3 folder I'm missing?  I know under windows it would go in the one under Program Files, but I don't think Macs have Program Files.

Then I added the .package file to Mods and deleted the scriptcache.package from Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3.  No matter what combination described above the mod doesn't actually do anything.  My game remains as usual.  None of the Awesomod features are present.

So, if anyone has a Mac and knows what I'm doing wrong, please let me know.  Thank you!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: