More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 13:47:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1722959 times)
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #2650 on: 2010 July 27, 01:56:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why not just try it.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: 2010 July 27, 03:11:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone used this with awesomemod/anything else?

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=354748

I am curious to know how well it works. There are a few mods I'd like to try but they are core mods and as a result I cannot use them with awesomemod, but supposedly this will combine them. I figure Awesomemod is probably a hell of a lot more complex than the mods I'm looking at, so it'd be best to ask here about it and how well AM handles being combined with other core mods.

It is an old, old tool and really more of a proof of concept. Besides, RTFM or just the overview page on MTS. What part of "This tool will only be useful when (or if) modders agree in develop and distribute core mods in the expected format (dll + config xml)" do you not get?

If you had looked through the comments, you also would have seen that Pescado commented on it and why it is not feasible for him to tailor Awesomemod around this. Lastly, the creator also noted he compiled this tool with 1.2.7 version of the game which is many patches ago and over a year old.

Basically, you could try it if you insist, but yeah, good luck.
« Last Edit: 2010 July 27, 03:18:51 by Motoki » Logged

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2652 on: 2010 July 27, 03:17:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well that sucks. And pescado won't enable the functions from the other mods I'm looking at so I guess I'm out of luck.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: 2010 July 27, 04:05:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which function are you trying to get?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2654 on: 2010 July 27, 04:39:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Male pregnancy, polygamy, and family relationships not inhibiting romantic socials, in particular.

All sorts of heathen stuff.

IIRC you are opposed to male pregnancy because people who choose to use it may not have male pregnancy morphs in their game and would get invisible sims, and I don't remember the explanation for the other two, but I know I've seen you shoot them down.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2655 on: 2010 July 27, 05:10:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Male pregnancy
Exists, if the pollination is performed by a third-party item at the Scienceworks, with proper simulation of the resulting chromosome sets.

polygamy
Can't exist without a major rewrite of how the game works at all: The basic pointer structure of the game would have to be written. People have tried to fake it with other things, but internally, this really screwed up your game. If you want a harem with concubine relationships, you're going to have to wait until TS3 is a finished product and such massive changes can be made.

and family relationships not inhibiting romantic socials, in particular.
That is in the queue. I am working on calculating the right procedurally generated deformities and the Inbred trait.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2656 on: 2010 July 27, 05:26:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will the family thing include marriage as well as woohoo and kissing and such? How about inter-age interactions?

I want my sim to marry his adoptive son with which he is sexually active, please
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: 2010 July 27, 05:57:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Male pregnancy,
I've recently installed many of Twallan's mods and I just tested male pregnancy.  I was able to try for baby in bed and then one of the males became pregnant successfully.

So, you can at least try that.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: 2010 July 27, 07:44:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Male pregnancy
Exists, if the pollination is performed by a third-party item at the Scienceworks...

Which doesn't exist and at least one person attempted to do so but it seems it still didn't work. However Twallan's woohooer circumvents this and allows you to do it with normal woohooing on beds etc.

Will the family thing include marriage as well as woohoo and kissing and such? How about inter-age interactions?

I want my sim to marry his adoptive son with which he is sexually active, please

Wow, I won't even touch this one. I will just say that your request is very much a niche that I don't think would appeal to very many people, or at least very few would be willing to admit so publicly. Tongue

Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2659 on: 2010 July 27, 15:43:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

People actually erupted in mass excitement when such things became possible for The Sims 2.

Except the whiny babies. They bitched about it.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #2660 on: 2010 July 27, 16:34:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My goodness, you are an unpleasant little man.

friendlyquark
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: 2010 July 27, 18:18:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Claeric, while I am normally very supportive of you and enjoy both Wraithlands and several other things you have done, you have supplied me now with just a wee bit too much information. I am going to go scrub out my brain with peroxide now.

Back on topic - Is the Wikki getting updated regularly, or do I just need to keep on top of this board for additional info? I keep finding new commands and Easter eggs mentioned places and I was wondering if anyone has a complete list (Besides our Lord and Master) ?
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: 2010 July 27, 18:36:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Claeric, while I am normally very supportive of you and enjoy both Wraithlands and several other things you have done, you have supplied me now with just a wee bit too much information. I am going to go scrub out my brain with peroxide now.

It truly is TMI and because he is socially retarded it completely goes over his head that people should generally keep their perverse little fetishes to themselves. In this case, sharing is not caring.

Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2663 on: 2010 July 27, 19:04:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While I would like inter-family relations to be possible and inter-age marriages as well, it was supposed to be a joke. I was just combining all the options.
soozelwoozel
Senator

Success Weasel, School of notovny '11

View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: 2010 July 27, 19:18:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While I would like inter-family relations to be possible and inter-age marriages as well, it was supposed to be a joke. I was just combining all the options.

Yeah, of course it was a joke. And I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Way to backpedal, creepy vole.

KNOCK KNOCK, JUNIOR\'S HERE
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: 2010 July 27, 19:42:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: 2010 July 27, 21:44:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Back on topic - Is the Wikki getting updated regularly, or do I just need to keep on top of this board for additional info? I keep finding new commands and Easter eggs mentioned places and I was wondering if anyone has a complete list (Besides our Lord and Master) ?

Thanks for volunteering. Yell if you need a wikki mod to unlock or lock anything for you.

friendlyquark
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: 2010 July 28, 21:07:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I assumed that "Do it your own damn self" would be a possible answer and have no problem with that. I will start compiling the bits that I have found and when I have something worth bugging you about, I will ask for an unlock so I can add them.
laylei
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: 2010 July 29, 04:53:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm trying to set a Martial Arts outfit for my sim, and followed the instructions I found by searching (make a new outfit in athletics, then type in outfitmv athletic.2 martialarts.1), except it's not working. A message pops up saying "MartialArts is not an acceptable category for age." The sim in question is a Young Adult. Has the command changed, or am I just doing it wrong?
coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: 2010 July 29, 17:28:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want, and have been waiting some time for the incest aspect of Awesomemod too, because I want to try starting a neighbourhood with only 2 Sims and then slowly populate it. Impossible to do unless the siblings mate. I am excited for the realism of having an "inbred" trait and for Sims to be genetically and mentally malformed. I've said it before but I think it's worth mentioning again - as happy as I am that they will behave "inbred", I hope that over time and with the passing of generations, they become less and less fucked up.
cwurts
Retarded Reprobate

Oona Klostermann for senate.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2670 on: 2010 July 29, 19:13:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why do they necessarily have to be siblings?

Join the Oona Klostermann High Society Club
lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: 2010 July 29, 19:47:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True.  You could have father and daughter or mother and son procreate to make the third generation.

Danger: Chaotic Neutral Human Wizard, 4th Level
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: 2010 July 29, 19:53:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah...but it would still be considered an incestuous relationship by the game. And society, for that matter, though I suspect Coltraz is trying to simulate Genesis.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: 2010 July 29, 23:28:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Precisely, it doesn't matter WHO they procreate with, since everyone around will be immediate family.
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: 2010 July 30, 00:00:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been trying to add a 'Slave' trait since you mentioned that AM can support 3rd party traits, but have been unsuccessful.  In the process I was able to bork my game so no EA traits existed.  I went into editsim to check something out and the game made fun of me.  It only listed the 'stupid' trait that you added as being available.  Anyway, I was wondering if you'd be able to point me in the right direction on how to create my own trait.  Also, I imagine that you meant to have the stupid trait hidden in CAS.
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: