More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 23:56:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1732072 times)
quweenie
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #2625 on: 2010 July 25, 11:09:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A probably stupid problem:

I recently installed Sims 3 on my PC (only the base game, I have no expansions). Worked fine.
Then went on and installed the framework and the latest version of Awesomemod.

Now the game keeps endlessly loading at the loading screen (the green bar never even appears). I searched through older threads here and learned that loading screen annoyances are usually caused by framework problems. But I followed the instructions and from what I can tell everything is the way it's supposed to be.
As already mentioned, I only have the base game and no CC or other hacks besides awesome mod.
Help, please?

Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2626 on: 2010 July 25, 14:09:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recently installed Sims 3 on my PC (only the base game, I have no expansions). Worked fine.

Now the game keeps endlessly loading at the loading screen (the green bar never even appears). I searched through older threads here and learned that loading screen annoyances are usually caused by framework problems. But I followed the instructions and from what I can tell everything is the way it's supposed to be.
As already mentioned, I only have the base game and no CC or other hacks besides awesome mod.
Help, please?

Look at this thread:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,18793.0.html

I have a sim who has won at least a dozen fights but he still hasn't gotten a fighting skill point.  I checked showconfig and it says that ShowFightSkills is true so it isn't just being hidden.  My question is: How many fights does he need to get into/win to gain that first skill point?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2627 on: 2010 July 25, 14:17:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This feature is not completed yet and therefore is not available to Peasants. Additionally, you won't get skillpoints in it, it works more like Collecting.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
quweenie
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2628 on: 2010 July 25, 16:12:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Help, please?

Look at this thread:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,18793.0.html

That thread is pretty much useless, because as I said, I don't have any expansion packs. Nevertheless, I read through it and tried some things out, with the result, that game now loads properly, but awesome mod still doesn't work (I get an unknown command message when I type "showconfig" into the cheat console).
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2629 on: 2010 July 25, 20:46:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That thread is pretty much useless, because as I said, I don't have any expansion packs. Nevertheless, I read through it and tried some things out, with the result, that game now loads properly, but awesome mod still doesn't work (I get an unknown command message when I type "showconfig" into the cheat console).
You can't have mods in your game because you are too stupid to follow directions complete with pictures.  You could always try being dumb elsewhere, that might be helpful.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #2630 on: 2010 July 25, 21:01:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That thread is pretty much useless, because as I said, I don't have any expansion packs.

Basegame + the latest patch = Ambitions fixes and structure - the new Ambitions content. ie if you have the latest patch (which you should and if you don't there's your problem right there) then no, that thread is not useless to you since any install of Sims 3 patched to current will utilize the new mod install structure introduced with Ambitions.

Nevertheless, I read through it and tried some things out, with the result, that game now loads properly, but awesome mod still doesn't work (I get an unknown command message when I type "showconfig" into the cheat console).

Then YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2631 on: 2010 July 25, 22:12:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my current game I noticed that while in the past Ambitions job holders advanced while doing nothing, now they do not advance at all. Is this because of the new aweconfig settings which are set to 0 by default? How do these new configuration settings work? The rtfm said nothing about this.
saltidor
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2632 on: 2010 July 26, 01:28:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

k i fucked up, i updated the game aand i didnt take the awesomemod thing before, now i installed the new awesome mod but my game crashes cz i didnt follow the steps, how do i solve this?
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #2633 on: 2010 July 26, 01:42:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

k i fucked up, i updated the game aand i didnt take the awesomemod thing before, now i installed the new awesome mod but my game crashes cz i didnt follow the steps, how do i solve this?

First, learn basic spelling, grammar, and punctuation so your questions will no longer make people's EYES BLEED when they read them.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
saltidor
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2634 on: 2010 July 26, 01:47:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

GET A LIFE

and english is not my main language so fuck off
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2635 on: 2010 July 26, 01:51:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my current game I noticed that while in the past Ambitions job holders advanced while doing nothing, now they do not advance at all. Is this because of the new aweconfig settings which are set to 0 by default? How do these new configuration settings work? The rtfm said nothing about this.
Was an issue with the config generator not reading the sourcefile correctly. Updated config file generator, renamed old variable to avoid loading bad values from old configs, and fixed a bug.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #2636 on: 2010 July 26, 02:06:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

GET A LIFE

English may not be your main language, but you obviously know it well enough to post coherently and follow basic grammar rules.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #2637 on: 2010 July 26, 03:17:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

GET A LIFE

English may not be your main language, but you obviously know it well enough to post coherently and follow basic grammar rules.

Clearly. I've known ESLs with far less advanced written English that still know to capitalize and don't make up their own cutesy abbreviations.

Also, the actual content amounts to 'I didn't follow the instructions. How do I fix this?' both proving he is an idiot for not following the instructions in the first place and doubly so for not realizing his issues are probably solved by actually reading said instructions of which ignoring got him into the problem in the first place.

easiest
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2638 on: 2010 July 26, 05:01:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have an Architect sim with 48/100 jobs completed on his Architects lifetime wish.  When I first load the saved game, he is the active sim.  I switched to other sims in the family to check on them and then back to him.  When I switched back to him, a new want appeared and his jobs completed is reset back to 0/100.  I've tried resetSim, cancelling his current action and even moving the family to a new game and still, as soon as a new want pops up, his jobs reset to 0/100.  Has anyone else encountered this problem?

I'm using only AM, no other mods.  The AM is dated 2010-Jul-25 and timestamped 18:51:55 from the downloads page.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2639 on: 2010 July 26, 05:20:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a vague idea what may cause this, and it's an EAxian issue. Send the save you have of BEFORE you lose your count and I will experiment on it.

easiest
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2640 on: 2010 July 26, 13:25:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a vague idea what may cause this, and it's an EAxian issue. Send the save you have of BEFORE you lose your count and I will experiment on it.

Thanks very much for having a look at the file.  I've sent you the link to the file download via PM.
superherofae
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: 2010 July 26, 15:36:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't want to be one of "those" people, but no matter what I do, I can't get this damn thing to work. I got a new computer and I've reinstalled Sims 3 + the high end loft stuff pack + world adventures. I have followed the instructions stickied at the top of this forum to the letter at least 10 times and still, it's not working for me. It's highly likely I'm doing something wrong somewhere because the instructions in the thread are stickied for a reason but I just can't figure out where it is I'm going wrong. Here's what I'm doing.

- As the thread says, I've grabbed the framework zip and copied the files from there into each game's directory (Sims 3, Loft Stuff and WA)
- Downloading and installing a new version of awesomemod and copying it into the sims 3 directory, then right clicking/install to sims 3
- copied the resource cfg file into the main Sims 3 directory.

I load up the launcher and it still whines about there not being a CD, which if AwesomeMod was working, it wouldn't do. So I moved the resource.cfg file to the WA directory along with AwesomeMod itself and still the same. I have no idea what it is I'm doing wrong. Perhaps the only possibility I can think of is that my game now has something like 6 resource.cfg files after doing it the way the thread tells you to (there's one in the mods/files directory in the framework as well as in the root directory) and that's messing things up somehow, OR I'm copying over the wrong file - the thread isn't exactly specific about which one you have to copy which is odd since the framework adds two. Seriously, I have no idea and something tells me it's just me being a doofus about some part of this process that's making it so difficult. I'd appreciate any help you guys can give me, and I'm sorry if this is a super retarded question. I know you must get it all the time.

EDIT: Holy shit, I really am retarded. I'd already installed the framework and I was trying to do the manual installation of it form the thread on top of that. Please disregard my stupidity >.>
« Last Edit: 2010 July 26, 15:44:42 by superherofae » Logged
saltidor
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: 2010 July 26, 15:48:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

been looking for pages now and ant find anything that solves my problem
delrio
Asinine Airhead

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #2643 on: 2010 July 26, 15:55:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a fresh install, including World Adventures and Ambitions (first time I'd installed Ambitions).  Updated my game, grabbed the newest version of AM and was good to go.  The game loaded and I was able to play no problems.

Next day, I open my launcher and there was another update.  I checked the EA website for the date and saw it was before the latest AM update, and also checked the version number next to that listed on the AM download thread.  They matched so i ran the update and went to load the game.  It gets to the screen with the load bar and does nothing.  I have the spinning circle and the bar doesn't move atall.

It's definitely the AM causing the issue, as the game works if I remove it.

Now obviously I can reinstall and just not install the offending update (4.2.32), but I wanted to try here first to see if there was an alternative.

Posted here as it's not really a 'bug'.

As I say, I never managed to install Ambitions before a couple of days ago so don't know if this would have been an issue if I'd been updating as I went along.  Also making an assumption it's not an install error on my part regarding framework etc as it worked before the EA update.  And it all fails even on Vanilla.  No CC or anything.
Freezerburn
Dimwitted Dunce

I haet F-ly retarded snowflaek

View Profile
« Reply #2644 on: 2010 July 26, 16:04:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It gets to the screen with the load bar and does nothing.  I have the spinning circle and the bar doesn't move at all.

Looks like framework failure. The strange thing is, the game loaded fine before. I think maybe you accidentally deleted the framework files. You may run Delphy's Sims 3 Dashboard from MTS. It checks whether you installed framework properly or not.

ISTJ                       
Imma Ee Ass Elle
Don't Abuse The Search Box!
delrio
Asinine Airhead

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: 2010 July 26, 16:32:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It gets to the screen with the load bar and does nothing.  I have the spinning circle and the bar doesn't move at all.

Looks like framework failure. The strange thing is, the game loaded fine before. I think maybe you accidentally deleted the framework files. You may run Delphy's Sims 3 Dashboard from MTS. It checks whether you installed framework properly or not.

How strange, that's exactly what had happened, yet I have no idea how.  Literally all I did was install the update, it shouldn't have touched the framework files.

Unfortunately, the load bar is still not moving with AM in the folder.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: 2010 July 26, 17:41:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How strange, that's exactly what had happened, yet I have no idea how.  Literally all I did was install the update, it shouldn't have touched the framework files.

Assuming you have the latest version of Awesomemod (really old versions would have expired on you anyway) and have the game updated with the latest patch released after Ambitions it's either files missing, in incorrect locations or some other content causing the issue.

EA changed the process for installing package files with Ambitions so read up on that here at mod the sims

If you have any other mods or custom content verify that they are updated and will work correctly with Ambitions.

Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2647 on: 2010 July 26, 17:58:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

been looking for pages now and ant find anything that solves my problem

Thanks for the update.  I've figured out what your problem is from the extensive information you gave us earlier.  I'd tell you, but you're refusal to even attempt to write a coherent sentence tells me that you aren't interested.  Undecided
delrio
Asinine Airhead

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: 2010 July 26, 19:29:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How strange, that's exactly what had happened, yet I have no idea how.  Literally all I did was install the update, it shouldn't have touched the framework files.

Assuming you have the latest version of Awesomemod (really old versions would have expired on you anyway) and have the game updated with the latest patch released after Ambitions it's either files missing, in incorrect locations or some other content causing the issue.

EA changed the process for installing package files with Ambitions so read up on that here at mod the sims

If you have any other mods or custom content verify that they are updated and will work correctly with Ambitions.

Thank you for the link, I will look into that.  However if you look a couple of posts back you'll see I stated this happens even when AM is the only mod/cc.  I also stated in that post that I made sure, before ever installing the update, that it matched the current release of the AM.

It also worked fine until the latest update, so unless that update deleted files when it installed I can't see why it's done this.

I will follow the steps in the link you gave and report back on whether this solves the issue.

Edit: Thank you very much.  Changing the place where the mod was held, as in the instructions, got my game loading again.  Phew, no more EAxian rules.
« Last Edit: 2010 July 26, 19:41:33 by delrio » Logged
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2649 on: 2010 July 27, 01:39:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone used this with awesomemod/anything else?

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=354748

I am curious to know how well it works. There are a few mods I'd like to try but they are core mods and as a result I cannot use them with awesomemod, but supposedly this will combine them. I figure Awesomemod is probably a hell of a lot more complex than the mods I'm looking at, so it'd be best to ask here about it and how well AM handles being combined with other core mods.
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: