More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:26:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1722496 times)
Mayinca
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #1925 on: 2010 January 06, 16:11:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, you do. There are also workarounds for that so that is not an excuse not to update.

Yes it is... are you stupid? the last patch has too many drawbacks and no benefits. the only thing has done is make everyone work for the game to play almost ok. Or as you're fucked while patching your game, fuck all of you too? well fuck you ... Kisses honey LU2
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: 2010 January 06, 16:36:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, you do. There are also workarounds for that so that is not an excuse not to update.

Yes it is... are you stupid? the last patch has too many drawbacks and no benefits. the only thing has done is make everyone work for the game to play almost ok. Or as you're fucked while patching your game, fuck all of you too? well fuck you ... Kisses honey LU2

Oh do shut up.  Awesomemod progresses WITH the game.  End of discussion.  You do not want to update your game?  Fine.  Quit your bitching, don't ask your stupid questions, and get the fuck out.  You are done here, having stalled the progression of your game and worn out your welcome.  I see no reason why you should stay.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: 2010 January 06, 16:43:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You understand from a development standpoint that we simply cannot remain in the past forever, or AwesomeMod will not be able to stay with the current expansion pack. Similarly, we can't go back, either, because that is contrary to the teaching of the Cortez School, which makes it impossible to do so. Since all of the obstacles the patch has produced has been conquered, we move forward.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Mayinca
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: 2010 January 06, 17:20:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I understand that, I don't ask you to stay in the past . My first question was if the AM was compatible with the 1.7 patch. If don't, ok for me. If you respond like adult  I behave like one , but the  politics  of this forum is to insult everyone who make a question and tell "get out of here"... I just follow the politics. But thanks again, now I know the AM  is NOT COMPATIBLE, is all I needed to know
Baarogue
Asinine Airhead

has appeared!

View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: 2010 January 06, 17:44:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If Universal Bladder Decay on, Shower In A Can may restore bladder. No, you don't want to know the details.
Is this an unintended side-effect of Universal Bladder Decay with that item, or intentional hack to the item?

I want to learn how to hack items and planned to add a "use toilet" option to the expensive tent as my first project. This makes that unnecessarily difficult and expensive, but I'm not complaining about it. I just want to know if I should examine what you may have done to the Shower In A Can or what.
Keyan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: 2010 January 06, 20:18:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Insane Fix to make Riverview work
Somehow, it made it over to the second page and his drunken drivel might make it a little less search-friendly.

Thank you.

I need one more small favor, since I tried reinstalling Riverview it is now gone from my installedworlds folder, due to EAxsis killing the launcher I can't recreate it by installing it. I need the riverview.world file please.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: 2010 January 06, 20:51:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.4shared.com/file/184447839/4b10ed45/Riverview.html

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: 2010 January 06, 20:52:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a torrent linked to in Pudding Factory that includes it. Or, you know, you could use the link Witch just ninja'd me with.

I understand that, I don't ask you to stay in the past . My first question was if the AM was compatible with the 1.7 patch. If don't, ok for me. If you respond like adult  I behave like one , but the  politics  of this forum is to insult everyone who make a question and tell "get out of here"... I just follow the politics. But thanks again, now I know the AM  is NOT COMPATIBLE, is all I needed to know
Ok, seriously. Look at the Awesomemod download thread. Right above the links, it says "1.8/2.3 VERSION:". There is no link for 1.7. There is no mention of 1.7. That means that for Awesomemod, you need 1.8/2.3. It's not that hard to figure out. Pescado even bolded it.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: 2010 January 06, 20:56:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a torrent linked to in Pudding Factory that includes it. Or, you know, you could use the link Witch just ninja'd me with.

Ok, seriously. Look at the Awesomemod download thread. Right above the links, it says "1.8/2.3 VERSION:". There is no link for 1.7. There is no mention of 1.7. That means that for Awesomemod, you need 1.8/2.3. It's not that hard to figure out. Pescado even bolded it.

Mayinca is probably one of those people who doesn't think the rules apply to them. Or, in this case, the limitations.

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
Keyan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: 2010 January 06, 21:17:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks to the both of you. It works now and I can rebuild from EAxis' patch.
Mayinca
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1935 on: 2010 January 06, 21:21:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For a simple question a simple answer.. Is Compatible?  Yes ok, no ok too. If the questions is stupid, then don't answer, but if you feel the need to respond and be rude, then you must accept that the other person responds the same way. end of discussion because i'm bored of you...
fiberglassdolphin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: 2010 January 07, 04:58:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"I Wanna Be The Guy": Supreme Commander Kung Fu will now automatically summon tournament opponents and complete the skill challenges.

I could have sworn that said "I Wanna Be A Guy" when I first glanced at it. That abortion@hospital mod should totally add a gender reassignment surgery feature.
sdalek
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: 2010 January 07, 05:01:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've installed the latest EA patch 1.8/2.3 and then added latest AM - since doing this my Sims don't seem to be able use their computers. If in their inventory,  they put the laptop down on a table and then sit down on the opposite side of the table. If a desktop, they move around the room sitting in various chairs until the action drops from their queue. They can only use a computer if I tell them to sit in the chair in front of it and then tell them to use the computer. The problem showed up after I updated to the 1.8/2.3 only version of awesome mod. Any suggestions as to what the problem might be? [I don't currently have any computer mods, but did have NRaas Computer V22 for awhile.]
« Last Edit: 2010 January 07, 19:40:51 by sdalek » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: 2010 January 07, 05:17:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was able to use the computer just fine in the very latest versions. I will review the situation again, but it was working, at least for desktops, at last check.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
sdalek
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: 2010 January 08, 19:51:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've installed the latest EA patch 1.8/2.3 and then added latest AM - since doing this my Sims don't seem to be able use their computers. If in their inventory,  they put the laptop down on a table and then sit down on the opposite side of the table. If a desktop, they move around the room sitting in various chairs until the action drops from their queue. They can only use a computer if I tell them to sit in the chair in front of it and then tell them to use the computer. The problem showed up after I updated to the 1.8/2.3 only version of awesome mod. Any suggestions as to what the problem might be? [I don't currently have any computer mods, but did have NRaas Computer V22 for awhile.]

Just got back to playing. I found that if I deleted and replaced all the computers they began working again. Not sure what the problem was, but... at least it's gone.
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: 2010 January 09, 00:39:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just moved my family to a new house using the telephone. It's been two Sim days, everyone is in their new home but I still can't use buy/build mode. It gives the error that Build/buy can not be used because the move is still in progress. I tried using "fixall" but it's still like this. What else could I try to do?
Jackathyn
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: 2010 January 09, 08:29:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried evicting them and moving them back in in Edit Town mode? Maybe that could reset the residency status?

Has anyone else noticed in their games that the premade houses have white 'THIS SHOULD NOT APPEAR IN GAME' blocks at the bases of the stairs? They can't be deleted. What are these? Are they only visible because of an enabled debug option?
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: 2010 January 09, 08:31:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried evicting them and moving them back in in Edit Town mode? Maybe that could reset the residency status?

Has anyone else noticed in their games that the premade houses have white 'THIS SHOULD NOT APPEAR IN GAME' blocks at the bases of the stairs? They can't be deleted. What are these? Are they only visible because of an enabled debug option?

Try deleting and replacing the stairs. If I recall correctly, that's what it was attached to in my game when that happened.

Kaze
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: 2010 January 09, 11:06:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After giving up on the Sims 3 the past couple of months, I've decided to start up the game again. After patching the base game to 1.8, I got a copy of WA, installed it, and patched it to 2.3. After all this was done I started up the game and everything worked fine. However it seems that every time I placed Awesomemod into the packages folder the game would be stuck on the loading screen. After I tried it a couple more times it seems that I can not have CC installed at all. If the packages folder is empty the game can start up, but if it contains CC the game is stuck on the loading screen.

I've read through a couple of threads about 2.3 and CC, but I'm not sure if it is because of the patch or my own stupidity that I'm having these problems.  
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: 2010 January 09, 11:35:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After giving up on the Sims 3 the past couple of months, I've decided to start up the game again. After patching the base game to 1.8, I got a copy of WA, installed it, and patched it to 2.3. After all this was done I started up the game and everything worked fine. However it seems that every time I placed Awesomemod into the packages folder the game would be stuck on the loading screen. After I tried it a couple more times it seems that I can not have CC installed at all. If the packages folder is empty the game can start up, but if it contains CC the game is stuck on the loading screen.

I've read through a couple of threads about 2.3 and CC, but I'm not sure if it is because of the patch or my own stupidity that I'm having these problems.  
Sounds like framework fail.  You will need to read the instructional thread in this section on "How To Install The Framework & AwesomeMod".  It's stickied and right near the thread for the mod itself.

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: 2010 January 09, 17:34:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, you can't edit town during a move either. I will just go back to an older save. Hopefully, it won't happen again.
Kaze
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: 2010 January 09, 18:22:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like framework fail.  You will need to read the instructional thread in this section on "How To Install The Framework & AwesomeMod".  It's stickied and right near the thread for the mod itself.

I have used the awesome mod before, but that was back when the game was still version 1.2. So I guess there has probably been a couple of updates for the framework?

EDIT: Sorry, I just remembered that I have updated the framework. It was installed yesterday and should be working fine. None the less I will check your thread and make sure I'm doing the right thing.
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: 2010 January 09, 18:25:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like framework fail.  You will need to read the instructional thread in this section on "How To Install The Framework & AwesomeMod".  It's stickied and right near the thread for the mod itself.

I have used the awesome mod before, but that was back when the game was still version 1.2. So I guess there has probably been a couple of updates for the framework?

If you had bothered to read the thread coconnor told you to, you'd notice that the fact that you have WA installed requires a new framework setup. Now go read it and stop acting like you're smarter.

Kaze
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: 2010 January 09, 18:49:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you had bothered to read the thread coconnor told you to, you'd notice that the fact that you have WA installed requires a new framework setup. Now go read it and stop acting like you're smarter.

It seems I was too slow to edit my post, and you missed it, but I had no intention to sound like a smartass. I've read the thread a second time Coconnor, and I noticed I followed one of your steps incorrectly. The problem is solved thank you.
Candyliciousx
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: 2010 January 09, 19:39:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Awesome Mod is suppose to be compatible with Sims World Adventures correct? I've got both the monkey installer and framework installed do i need to remove the monkey installer?
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: