More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 08:29:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1733986 times)
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #1900 on: 2010 January 05, 05:58:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright, since that stupid bitch Mangaroo at MTS is too god damned stupid to understand when a thread is or is not about awesomemod, I must ask here.

The "Dont get rid of objects when changing lot type" thing. Is it a cheat or a config function? Or is it both? Sometimes it might be desired, sometimes not. And are there any big deal side effects?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: 2010 January 05, 10:47:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright, since that stupid bitch Mangaroo at MTS is too god damned stupid to understand when a thread is or is not about awesomemod, I must ask here.
Yeah, that happens a lot.

The "Dont get rid of objects when changing lot type" thing. Is it a cheat or a config function? Or is it both? Sometimes it might be desired, sometimes not. And are there any big deal side effects?
Both. All config functions can be manipulated in-game as well using the setconfig cheat. As for "big deal side effects"...none that I can think of, unless you do something abysmally stupid, given that these restrictions similarly seem to be merely suggestions even for EA, as EA has numerous lots containing residential objects that are actually community lots, like base camps. As always, this is an "advanced builder" feature not enabled by default, so caveat emptor.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
wendylady
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: 2010 January 05, 13:39:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, that is junk. Just throw it out. I will fix that right now.

Thanks very much.

Is that also what causing all the error people are posting about? I seem to be getting the same ones.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: 2010 January 05, 13:58:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, that's just a junk file that wasn't supposed to be packed in, but got stuck in the drag. Ignore it. And update.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Keyan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: 2010 January 05, 14:25:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having a problem and I have tried looking for a solution before. My problem is Riverview isn't showing up now. I tried reinstalling it but that doesn't work, I think it made it worse because it is no longer in my installedworlds folder. Is there anyway to fix it, even if it involves loosing my current sims?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1905 on: 2010 January 05, 14:27:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, and you won't lose your current sims. See the various guides on "getting custom crap to work in 1.8" over in the Horror.

Keyan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: 2010 January 05, 14:40:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm getting lost as to what to do in the 17 or so pages in the spot I think is the one you are talking about, is there a shorter for dummies version? I'm sorry for my incompetence.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: 2010 January 05, 14:45:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouldn't know. I didn't actually read the directions, as they didn't exist at the time I ran into this. Just do what I did.

Keyan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: 2010 January 05, 14:49:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So what is it that you did, you talked about dark magic and left mysteriously... Am I going to need a sacrifice??? I am really starting to feel more stupid then a few hours ago... Thanks for the fast reply though.
Rainne
Dimwitted Dunce

Oh, fuck.

View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: 2010 January 05, 15:03:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Query: the Aweconf setting of "NoGhostAging" - if this is enabled, will ghost babies age and grow up, or are they doomed forever to be helpless little transparent maggots?

<br />Probably because you suck.<br />
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: 2010 January 05, 15:04:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maggots. You have a cake, right?

Keyan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: 2010 January 05, 15:36:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have searched through the thread and I'm still having difficulties J.M. please help.
Rainne
Dimwitted Dunce

Oh, fuck.

View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: 2010 January 05, 15:40:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maggots. You have a cake, right?

I do have a cake. I didn't think about it because I usually just let them age up on their own.  Thanks, Pescado.

<br />Probably because you suck.<br />
Mayinca
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: 2010 January 05, 16:56:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A quick question, I do not want update my game with patch 1.8, but the awesomemod is for this version. Then it is incompatible with the patch 1.7? or can I have the updated awesomemod even taking 1.7? sorry for my english, is not my native language. And Sorry if the question is stupid, but I have to ask before scrub my game XD
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: 2010 January 05, 17:10:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Patch or no Awesomemod for you.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: 2010 January 05, 18:00:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't believe babies can operate the cake on their own, an adult must operate the cake for them.

Mayinca
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: 2010 January 05, 18:03:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I have a early version of awesomeMod, but I want to update it,  my doubt is if it is compatible  or not with patch 1.7 ... anyway I'm waiting until Pescado tell me if it is... Thanks XD
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: 2010 January 05, 18:20:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have searched through the thread and I'm still having difficulties J.M. please help.
Insane Fix to make Riverview work
Somehow, it made it over to the second page and his drunken drivel might make it a little less search-friendly.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: 2010 January 05, 19:59:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I have a early version of awesomeMod, but I want to update it,  my doubt is if it is compatible  or not with patch 1.7 ... anyway I'm waiting until Pescado tell me if it is... Thanks XD

YOU MUST PATCH TO USE THE LATEST AWESOMEMOD.  Earlier patches are unsupported, as are earlier versions of Awesomemod.  Update your game if you wish to use the current Awesomemod.  Otherwise, deal with the expiration issues.
Mayinca
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: 2010 January 05, 22:57:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

YOU MUST PATCH TO USE THE LATEST AWESOMEMOD.  Earlier patches are unsupported, as are earlier versions of Awesomemod.  Update your game if you wish to use the current Awesomemod.  Otherwise, deal with the expiration issues.

I prefer to deal with the expiration issues, to juggle for the game work it well
Thanks anyway
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1920 on: 2010 January 05, 23:44:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I prefer to deal with the expiration issues, to juggle for the game work it well
Thanks anyway

Okay. Get the fuck out and never return.

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
Jackathyn
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: 2010 January 06, 08:31:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does AM have any effect on the generation of random families? I thought I read Pescado state that AM just creates townies in the event that there are no co-workers in a given career path, but recently I've had a spate of small families created for no apparent reason. One had a pair of little boys, and the only link I can think of at all is that I just passed an age-bracket bottleneck where I had a ridiculous number of children and teens. Maybe it's some sort of compensation? To my knowledge there are no empty career paths and each ought to have at least two members. I could well have dicked up and missed one somewhere, but I don't think so, and the two little boys couldn't be serving that purpose.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: 2010 January 06, 08:48:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does AM have any effect on the generation of random families?
Nope. AwesomeMod does not generate famblies.

I thought I read Pescado state that AM just creates townies in the event that there are no co-workers in a given career path
EAxian code is responsible for that, not AwesomeMod code.

but recently I've had a spate of small families created for no apparent reason. One had a pair of little boys, and the only link I can think of at all is that I just passed an age-bracket bottleneck where I had a ridiculous number of children and teens.
Do you have any kids in your game normally? It's possible they're being generated as "coworkers" for your school kids.

Maybe it's some sort of compensation? To my knowledge there are no empty career paths and each ought to have at least two members. I could well have dicked up and missed one somewhere, but I don't think so, and the two little boys couldn't be serving that purpose.
Empty career paths don't cause anything. However, the schools are a career, and it is therefore possible to acquire "coworkers", causing them to be generated as classmates.

saladoor
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: 2010 January 06, 15:10:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do excuse me...does one need to have the latest patch in order to use awsomemod?
I have installed framework and followed the simple rules, but seem to be achieving nothing, the only thing I have not done is installed the updates, as I don;t want to loose the stolen goodies from the store... Grin
Thank you
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: 2010 January 06, 15:18:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, you do. There are also workarounds for that so that is not an excuse not to update.

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: