More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 12:40:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1734417 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #1725 on: 2009 December 07, 15:43:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm wondering how the spearmen don't defeat tanks thingy works.  I assume it has to do with fighting.  But my main question is how much of an impact martial arts skill is factored in to the fights.
The Spearman vs. Tank fix fixes the fact that the unmodified sparring formula uses the same crappy formula that Spearman vs. Tank used, way back nearly 20 years ago in Civ.

Also, since we have zombies now. (err... mummies) It would be neat if we had an option where the playable/neighborhood mummies could curse people or otherwise make more mummies (maybe just to people who aren't friends).  And if brave/good sims would fight mummies and kill the bastards (if they won) when they tried.
Mummies are not zombies. Mummies work differently than zombies. Whereas a zombie can be destroyed by hacking it to pieces and blowing its head off, you have to defile a mummy completely, otherwise they come back to life. Also, those slain by mummies do not become mummies, mummies require specific preparation to create.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
amphetamine
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: 2009 December 08, 01:46:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It might be a stupid question, but is it possible to make AwesomeMod unexpirable? The latest version requires the new patch and my game doesn't work at all with it (it's a long story) but functions quite well with the 1.4.6 patch (wich I believe is the version compatible with the last AwesomeMod before the latest), and I wish to continue playing with AwesomeMod, but that is impossible if it automatically expires.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: 2009 December 08, 01:59:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No. Patch or GTFO. Also, lern 2 search.

INFP or something
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: 2009 December 08, 15:38:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It might be a stupid question, but is it possible to make AwesomeMod unexpirable?
It's possible, but I can't do it as the code for it no longer exists.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ciane
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: 2009 December 08, 17:56:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my 1.7.9 carry-over pre-patch legacy game (no WA), my kleptos can only swipe from the park. No other outside area and no inside areas (public or private) give a swipe option at any time of day or night. I am sure it is an EA problem, and maybe it only affects older saved games. My guess is the building changes in a patch affected that option. It isn't a problem for me as I only send them out to steal something when a Sim rolls want to do so (and that is still possible). I just wonder if the code could be adjusted.
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: 2009 December 08, 18:08:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my 1.7.9 carry-over pre-patch legacy game (no WA), my kleptos can only swipe from the park. No other outside area and no inside areas (public or private) give a swipe option at any time of day or night. I am sure it is an EA problem, and maybe it only affects older saved games. My guess is the building changes in a patch affected that option. It isn't a problem for me as I only send them out to steal something when a Sim rolls want to do so (and that is still possible). I just wonder if the code could be adjusted.
You should try a new game and see if you still have that happen.  That way we'd know if something needs fixing... or if old games are fucked but it isn't worth worrying about.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: 2009 December 08, 19:20:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I used AM's Sell/Refine feature for the first time last night.  When my sim picked up the mail the following evening, this is what happened:

Now, the only Magic Gnome I've ever gotten before was a French one I fished up in France, so needless to say I was somewhat surprised to recieve 7 of them all at once in the mail.  Is this the "normal" way one aquires a Magic Gnome?

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
jtrazz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: 2009 December 08, 20:30:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It doesn't work because it's a CORE MOD. AwesomeMod is also a CORE MOD. You can only have one core mod. A pregnancy mod that is NOT a core mod might work just fine.

Actually, this mod always worked for me with AM. I understand what a core mod is and that it usually shouldn't work, but this one did. I thought maybe the reason why it wasn't working had to do with the social interactions.

Another problem I'm having is that when I'm playing with Bob Newbie (who is the only sim I have encountered with this problem) he sometimes loses his social interactions with Betty Simovich. He didn't lose them with any other sim except her.
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: 2009 December 08, 23:09:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Beats the heck out of me, then. I used to have a hack that altered pregnancy and an autonomous woo hoo one, but both were xml hacks and not core hacks. I hope someone updates them one of these days.

I haven't noticed any loss of social interactions in my game, either, but I read early on after the patch/WA update that any mod that changes social interactions could make them all disappear, so I took them all out. Do you still have any mods that alter social interactions in your game? If not, then again, it beats the heck out of me.  Tongue
ciane
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: 2009 December 08, 23:51:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made a brand new klepto in a brand new game in Riverview and in Sunset Valley. He could swipe outside the library and gym, but not inside. The option is just not available inside. I took out AM and that does not make a difference. (I do not have any other mods. I moved my old folders to the desktop before updating and patching. Even then, I only had limited mods such as no intro.) I am convinced that EA borked the interaction somehow when they tweaked the building abilities.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 09, 00:43:08 by ciane » Logged
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: 2009 December 09, 01:42:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made a brand new klepto in a brand new game in Riverview and in Sunset Valley. He could swipe outside the library and gym, but not inside. The option is just not available inside. I took out AM and that does not make a difference. (I do not have any other mods. I moved my old folders to the desktop before updating and patching. Even then, I only had limited mods such as no intro.) I am convinced that EA borked the interaction somehow when they tweaked the building abilities.
I wouldn't doubt they borked it.  On a side note, I *think* you can't swipe if people are nearby which might be why.  But considering EA, my money is on they broke it.
ciane
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: 2009 December 09, 03:49:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Trust me, the rooms were empty. The buildings were sometimes empty. I think it might be EA's way of keeping the objects in the buildings from disappearing.

I have never had objects taken from inside a building respawn no matter how many generations passed. However, objects swiped from outside could respawn, such as the founding father statue. So, they might have changed the code on purpose.

The art gallery no longer has a gallery tag after swiping things for a few generations. The dimly lit washrooms that are missing a toilet or sink also seem a bit weird over time. So, I guess it is for the best.
dragon_tfm
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: 2009 December 09, 04:05:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So just to confirm, only the 1.7 patch is needed not WA? Ive got the patch just not the expansion.

check out my uploads here  updated May 15, 2008
ciane
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: 2009 December 09, 16:45:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Confirmed. I only have the 1.7.9 and no WA. AM works well.
Benazir
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: 2009 December 09, 20:09:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Debug command "purgereactions" doesn't work with last new AM.  Angry
jtrazz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1740 on: 2009 December 11, 20:23:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Beats the heck out of me, then. I used to have a hack that altered pregnancy and an autonomous woo hoo one, but both were xml hacks and not core hacks. I hope someone updates them one of these days.

I haven't noticed any loss of social interactions in my game, either, but I read early on after the patch/WA update that any mod that changes social interactions could make them all disappear, so I took them all out. Do you still have any mods that alter social interactions in your game? If not, then again, it beats the heck out of me.  Tongue

No, I don't and the weird thing is that I've only noticed it with one sim so far.
Keyan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: 2009 December 12, 05:28:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With the new version of AM apparently we can alter the kung-fu outfit with the console, how do I do this, I typed command that was given but it just gives me
<A>[.#][B>[.#]?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: 2009 December 12, 05:32:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, first, you need to plan yourself a new outfit, placing it somewhere in an existing category with the dresser, for instance, Athletic Outfit #3.. Then, to transfer it over to your Kung Fu Outfit, you can type "outfitmv athletic.3 martialarts.1", which will move athletic 3 (clearing it) to martial arts 1.

Keyan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: 2009 December 12, 11:44:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok thanks. Too bad we just can't edit the extras on the martial arts outfit (when my sim was a teen whenever he did kung-fu he wore glasses, it was weird).
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: 2009 December 12, 12:06:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't that what I just said you could do? If you want to modify an EXISTING outfit, outfitcp martialarts.1 athletic.3, dresser, mirror, outfitmv

Keyan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: 2009 December 12, 19:41:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok that makes more sense. Thanks again!
loopsydoo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: 2009 December 13, 00:13:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A question for JM Pescado ESQ.  Because he does not become superior, with an 'Oh gosh I know more than you' type attitude and be rude to people simply asking for help, just because he can. 

Obviously those of you that are always polite please ignore this and thank you for that.

Hello Mr Pescado

I have searched for an answer to this but obviously have not found one.

I do not nor do I want 1.7 update or WA.  I have the base game and a few mods including your Awesome. I have version 1.4 7 and that is how I want to stay.  (I did do the 1.7 thing but some of my mods that are not going to be updated did not work and I cannot do without them)  So I reinstalled to get my game back to how I had it prior to updating.

My problem is that my Awe mod now does not work, it has that usual message about updating (it is out of date) but as explained the updated version will not 'work' for me. My game play insists on mods I have installed and as they are now outdated and will not be updated I want to stick with them and the older version of the game and indeed your mod.

So I am left with the Vanilla EA version and as you can imagine it sucks to the highest degree.

Is there a way I can stick to the older version of your mod, IE the one I have installed already?  (which is the one prior to this latest one) Another words can I get the update message cleared so that my game and your pre- 1.7 Awemod will work again?

I totally understand why you had to add the update clause and as a result I obviously will not  bother you with daft questions about an older version of your Awe mod that I am (hopefully) using. 

I hope I have explained this correctly and I thank you in anticipation of your answer.

Kind regards

Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: 2009 December 13, 01:28:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as Pescado is concerned the old version of Awesomemod does not exist. The only version that exists is the one available for download. Period. End of story. It says this 100 times in this thread alone. As for the rest of it? See my response to you in one of the other million threads you posted this in.

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
Jackathyn
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: 2009 December 13, 05:08:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Feel free to turkey-slap me for my lack of knowings, but-
Where can I find a description/comparison of the AwesomeStory differences, and the differences between EAxian and Awesome jealousy code? I certainly assume that Awesome is Better as usual, but I'd love to be able to contrast the two.

Somewhat related:
I have this one Sim that just will not respond to any romantic advances I place on him, nor will my Sim respond to his, but he has a whole bunch of romantic interests. Controlling him myself and having him initiate the romantic advances get him rejected by MY sim too.
Similarly, a romantic interest of my Sim has recently gotten married to someone else, and he rejects all romantic interactions now. I assume this is supposed to happen (though he's a Schmoozer, with Commitment Issues and is Flirty?). Only way I can get him to respond at all is by controlling him myself and having him initiate the actions.

Is there a certain pattern of interactions these need to get to respond favorably? I of course have Awesomemod, and I've tried several configurations of Story, Jealousy modes, etc, but all with the same results.
Chocolate Milk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: 2009 December 13, 06:04:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm using WA and the latest version of AM. And with AM, my Sims do not go to work or school. There's simply a jump bug and they refuse to go, whether using the carpool or directed to the actual building. When I remove AM, it solves the problem.

I'm loathe to post this in the new bug thread because I haven't seen this reported anywhere else. I am also using Twallan's story mode mod, but removing that does not solve the problem. No other mods.

Anyone have any idea why this would be?

Is there a certain pattern of interactions these need to get to respond favorably? I of course have Awesomemod, and I've tried several configurations of Story, Jealousy modes, etc, but all with the same results.

Have you tried getting the relationship up really high?
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: