More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 12:49:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 5 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1737470 times)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #1350 on: 2009 September 09, 06:58:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was several sim days ago now, but if I come across it again I will upload.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: 2009 September 09, 10:10:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had that off and on with skilling on SC. I'll try to capture a save when one is doing it. Lately it's been a computer whiz set to skill logic who runs to the computer, stops, runs to the chess table, stops until she cues up something like use bathroom or eat. Funny to watch, annoying to put up with. As soon as I stop trying to get my neighborhood from starving to death I'll get this one.
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: 2009 September 09, 12:51:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AM version 9-8-09 11:09am. I sent a sim to collect seeds with Supreme Commander and he raced off to the library, ran up the stairs, and pulled the book "The Point of Pointilism" off the shelves and sat down to read it.

At which point (no pun intended) I clicked on the home button instead.   Tongue
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: 2009 September 09, 13:32:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't replicate this in my game. If you have a save where this is happening, send it to me.

Okay - it happened again in my game last night.  I'll test to make sure it's still happening and will try to send you a save when I next get a chance.

Would conflicting "story modes" be a problem?  I'm using the Awesome story driver but have not turned off the EA story mode.

Tribulatio proxima est
Solmyr
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: 2009 September 09, 14:30:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Recently my neighborhood started having a "phantom butts" problem. I use "fixall" and it clears like 12 of them, then after 10 minutes of gameplay I do fixall again and it clears several of them. Evidently they keep popping up continually (what are "phantom butts", anyway?), is this a sign of impending neighborhood implosion?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: 2009 September 09, 16:25:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AM version 9-8-09 11:09am. I sent a sim to collect seeds with Supreme Commander and he raced off to the library, ran up the stairs, and pulled the book "The Point of Pointilism" off the shelves and sat down to read it.
It's possible the sim's fun level was too low, so it elected to take a break. The point of Supreme Commander is that it micromanages this for you, and you don't need to worry about what it's doing.

Recently my neighborhood started having a "phantom butts" problem. I use "fixall" and it clears like 12 of them, then after 10 minutes of gameplay I do fixall again and it clears several of them. Evidently they keep popping up continually (what are "phantom butts", anyway?), is this a sign of impending neighborhood implosion?
The Phantom Butt is a condition where a chair is registered as in-use by someone who is clearly nowhere near the chair. We're not entirely clear what the consequences of this are or how it happens, but if a sim for some reason is unable to sit in a chair, the Phantom Butt Syndrome may be to blame.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ediblebodyparts
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: 2009 September 10, 02:58:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed that the AwesomeMod update includes a fix to romance advancement check. I was wondering what this actually did. I would assume that it checks things for romance advancement (being the bright person I am), however I was wondering what the checks are. I have noticed a lot of my married sims in the neighborhood keep going out for romantic interactions with sims other than their spouse. One was family oriented, but routinely was cheating on his wife, which was kinda funny.
suldrin
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: 2009 September 10, 04:02:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've hunted for any mention of this, but no dice.

I have Awesomemod installed and no other core mods. I have plenty of affordable housing within the price range for my sims, but whenever they try to relocate I get 'failed executing findhome.' They're in the homeless bin, with ample fundage to move, and they try to move every few sim hours, but no dice. All houses have cribs and there are plenty of homes in their price range. Am I missing something exceedingly obvious?
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: 2009 September 10, 04:08:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have Awesomemod installed and no other core mods. I have plenty of affordable housing within the price range for my sims, but whenever they try to relocate I get 'failed executing findhome.' They're in the homeless bin, with ample fundage to move, and they try to move every few sim hours, but no dice. All houses have cribs and there are plenty of homes in their price range. Am I missing something exceedingly obvious?

You've mentioned that your houses have cribs, but you didn't say if there were enough beds.  A homeless family of 5 is going to need a lot with enough beds to sleep 5 sims.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
suldrin
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: 2009 September 10, 04:46:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You've mentioned that your houses have cribs, but you didn't say if there were enough beds.  A homeless family of 5 is going to need a lot with enough beds to sleep 5 sims.

I went in and added extra beds to all available houses in the price range and extra cribs, just to be safe, and getting the same thing. But yeah - these are all 1 person and 3 person families, with more beds and cribs than necessary.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1360 on: 2009 September 10, 08:15:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I mentioned this a lot recently

You have to start a new hood.  That's what I had to do.   You can pack your important sims into a house and stick it in the bin to start your new hood.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: 2009 September 10, 08:26:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I went in and added extra beds to all available houses in the price range and extra cribs, just to be safe, and getting the same thing. But yeah - these are all 1 person and 3 person families, with more beds and cribs than necessary.
The ONLY reason that you can get a "Failed Executing" with no other information (Couldn't find house", etc), is if newlot.MoveIn failed to actually move the fambly to the lot. According to the code, this cannot ever actually happen and represents an impossible condition.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: 2009 September 10, 10:08:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also got this problem a couple of times. The story is much longer cause it was in my last test where I was playing three overstuffed houses (16 sims). So long I had only the overstuffed houses, the game run more than all right, except that TS3 cannot deal with houses with more than 8 sims at all. It cannot music roll the houses, so I was pleased, but it cannot also do anything else, so everything has to be done manually. Sims do not visit the town often and you get almost a ghost town with some Service NPCs poping up for very briefly. But the hood keeps around 27MB on size though they were 48 sims in, and the saving time never exceeds 30 seconds (40 at the maximum).
Then I decided to open up for move-ins. I had 3 homeless families and placed half a dozen of small houses with enough space for them. I got the messages "Moving X into ..." "Failed to move in X" maybe 20 times before the three homeless moved in. I was playing one of the 3 overstuffed houses and as I cannot impregnate anyone, not even with the Pollinator, I moved them in 3 groups out of the house into some of the free small houses. Then everything went back to "normal". Lots of visitors on town, lots of romances, marriages, all the usual.

AND 20 minutes later, the game became unplayable (3 minutes saving, graphics problem, all the reported mistakes, and on the end, Windows could not shut down either than by the hard way).

Definitively this game is a full crap. The way it is I simply don't have any use for it. The best advantage over TS2 is that you can walk around in a hood. But as well as TS2 you cannot see the other houses, unless you switch houses. In TS2 I could do this without any problem. In TS3 you can do this under hard penalty.
I have no more even fun to build up houses, what for? they are not going to be seen anyway. I catch myself building some squares and throwing some furniture inside it without any discrimination. This is what I call debuff.
phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: 2009 September 11, 06:56:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed that the AwesomeMod update includes a fix to romance advancement check. I was wondering what this actually did. I would assume that it checks things for romance advancement (being the bright person I am), however I was wondering what the checks are. I have noticed a lot of my married sims in the neighborhood keep going out for romantic interactions with sims other than their spouse. One was family oriented, but routinely was cheating on his wife, which was kinda funny.

I'm curious about this too, since from my understanding the latest AM slows down the development of romantic relationships, and at the moment I don't seem to have any npcs hooking up. I have no babies being born outside the fambly I'm playing and no parthenogenesis, despite having it turned on in my configuration. I have been assuming the latter was due to EA's patch turning it off. Anyway, I guess it doesn't really make a difference for me if AM does slow down romance now since it's nonexistent, but I guess what I need is the opposite... some kind of Sim love potion that affects the whole neighborhood. I'm trying to stick with one fambly and not switch houses but I find that impossible if I want there to be any babies at all.
I dislike installing mods and make AM the one exception, but I am considering trying out a mirror I read about in the dls section that allows you to manage births, I think it was. I'd be happier if there was an AM fix to this, though (hint hint).

INTP.
Candyliciousx
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Confused on how to use the Awesomod in Sims 3
« Reply #1364 on: 2009 September 11, 18:52:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have downloaded the Awesomemod in my game and i think it's installed correctly because when i type in showconfig 3 listing pop up and a few other commands work including the addtrait Pedophile and addtrait Pedobait. Although nothing with that has happened i have a teens sim in the same household with three elder male sims and i never get the romantic, or flirty commands when they interact. I am not sure what the deal is with that maybe i am doing something wrong does the female sim have to be a certain age? And i am not sure what the other Awesomemod commands are or how to bring them up i have typed in Known mouse command and Known console command and i get an error saying unknown command:Known. So what am i doing wrong? And how can i find all the commands for the Awsomemod? I want to be able to use all the commands and interactions in the game using the Awesomemod but i do not know what they are and how to configure them do i have to click on the sims? Or do i type in all the commands in the cheats command box  CTRL, SHIFT and C
Naples
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: 2009 September 11, 21:54:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Read more and search MOAR!

How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg. Abraham Lincoln
Candyliciousx
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: 2009 September 11, 21:57:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been searching and i ended up at this forum therefore i posted here for help
Kembial
Asinine Airhead

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: 2009 September 11, 22:10:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you seriously unable to differentiate between what WORDS to TYPE into the console, and what physical BUTTONS you need to press?

I think whoever you required to get these programs installed just doesn't like you, and sent you here to get yourself killed trying to figure out complex things like RTFM on your own.
Girl_Anachronism
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: 2009 September 11, 22:27:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a very weird problem in my game. I split a Sacred family into two, then moved in non-chosen people into both houses. These people are now chosen, but the original sims in both families do not seem to be aging any more, either when chosen or not chosen.
Does anyone have any suggestions how I can fix this to make them age properly?

Naples
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: 2009 September 12, 00:04:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seriously?....

edited to add, if you do not know the answer to this, then you have no business using AM.
« Last Edit: 2009 September 12, 00:13:30 by Naples » Logged

How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg. Abraham Lincoln
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1370 on: 2009 September 12, 10:10:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been searching and i ended up at this forum therefore i posted here for help

Try this: http://wikka.moreawesomethanyou.com/Awesomemod

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Lorea
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: 2009 September 15, 18:20:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can I delete somehow a Lifetime reward?
« Last Edit: 2009 September 16, 00:30:15 by Lorea » Logged
Simulate
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: 2009 September 16, 00:06:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can I drop somehow a Lifetime reward?

Twallan's Super Computer - lets you change Lifetime Wishes. If that was you were refering to?  Smiley

J. M. Pescado: "Closing this one as an ID: 10T error."
Lorea
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: 2009 September 16, 00:28:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Twallan's Super Computer - lets you change Lifetime Wishes. If that was you were refering to?  Smiley

No. I would like to delete Lifetime reward what my sim owns. (Fast Metabolism)
Kitbug
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: 2009 September 16, 00:59:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm guessing this is a stupid EA thing, but has anyone else noticed that on the family tree, if a Sim's parents aren't married, or don't live together when they're born, they have no father? I have a sim with no father. And he didn't recognize him as his father when he met him, either. Is there any way you could make it so the sim's father shows up, whether or not the parents are married or live together?
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: