More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 10:56:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1734389 times)
Scroll
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #1325 on: 2009 September 05, 08:47:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am having a stoopid moment and need a helpful tip. I can't get the aweconf to work. The mod is working great and I can set my configurations in game fine, but now decided that I would start using the configuration tool instead.

When in game using showconfig I get the default settings. I am not using any other mods, I have no CC, I use the framework (not monkey). I have put the aweconf.package.xml in the same folder as my mod (C:\Games\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages). I have updated my mod a couple of minutes ago and generated the config at the same time. (The only thing I have never done since my first installation is reinstall the framework. Not even after patch, that would not have been necessary right?)

/cheers
orb
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: 2009 September 05, 11:30:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is 'insinuating' that there is a new build and that you must update.
I downloaded the newest one directly before playing. And yes, I replaced the old one with the newest build.
It only confirms that it sucks and it's not so awesome as you think, because it doesn't know how to read time. It reads local time, and not UTC, as it should.

It isn't really a bug, but Hawaiians and West Coast Americans need to wait to midnight after releasing a new version early in a day, for this message to stop appear.

If it's insinuating something that's the need to move few timezones east.
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: 2009 September 05, 14:31:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't Reset on Eject ... bla-bla-bla, is really working and it solved my biggest problem indeed. I can now make modifications on commlots that have vegetables planted on them. Apparently it is not causing any issues.
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: 2009 September 05, 21:13:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have put the aweconf.package.xml in the same folder as my mod (C:\Games\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages).

This is your problem.  The file is named aweconf.package not aweconf.package.xml.

If you really have the package file, then just rename it.

If, on the other hand, you actually have an XML file, then you need to package it correctly, or else download the correct aweconf.package from the configuration web page.

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
Scroll
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: 2009 September 05, 22:30:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have put the aweconf.package.xml in the same folder as my mod (C:\Games\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages).

If you really have the package file, then just rename it.

I renamed it, it's working. *sheep noice*
How come it saves as an .xml?
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: 2009 September 06, 05:52:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Running ASM, timestamp: 01:02:02 2009/09/06

I expected my sim to be promoted to the top of her career when she maxed out her performance at level 9, but it didn't happen.

The background & some relevant details:
- My sim was promoted to level 9 of the criminal (thief) career, Cat Burglar.
- As soon as she got promoted to level 9 the game created a level 10 thief to be her boss.  I'm not sure why this happened, as there isn't a boss metric for this particular career level.
- My sim didn't interact with her boss, but she has the "attractive" bonus and they went to instant friends as soon as the boss was created.
- When my sim's performance was maxed out I expected her to get a promotion, however she got a pay rise instead.  Again I'm not sure why, as I didn't think Master Thief would be a job that is limited to only one position.
- I used Twallan's supercomputer to check that there was only 1 sim working as a Master Thief. 
- The boss is earning §525/hour, which is apparently the base pay for the position (her jobinfo isn't showing any bonuses). 
- My sim's hourly pay is §225 (base) + §33 (the pay rise she just got).

Some questions:
- why was a boss created as soon as my sim hit lvl 9, when there is no boss metric at that career level?  I thought ASM didn't create unnecessary bosses.
- why is Master Thief limited to one position?  I would expect a town to have more than one active criminal who could thieve at that level.
- Am I going to have wait until my sim's pay reaches §525/hour before she can displace the boss and take her place?  At §33 per pay rise, with a pay rise every second working day (assuming she doesn't get arrested on the second working day), and with a 4 day working week, it will take a while before she earns enough to displace the boss.

It seems like the boss was created solely to slow down my sim's run to the top of her career, turning a 3 working day wait for promotion (it would have been two days, but she got arrested on the second day) into a wait of several weeks.  I considered killing off the boss, but I assumed the game would simply create another one to take her place since the game seems to think my sim needs a (pointless) boss.
« Last Edit: 2009 September 06, 05:57:55 by Kyna » Logged

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: 2009 September 06, 06:01:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I expected my sim to be promoted to the top of her career when she maxed out her performance at level 9, but it didn't happen.
Yeah, well, that sounds like it's working as-is.

The background & some relevant details:
- My sim was promoted to level 9 of the criminal (thief) career, Cat Burglar.
- As soon as she got promoted to level 9 the game created a level 10 thief to be her boss.  I'm not sure why this happened, as there isn't a boss metric for this particular career level.
It likely happened because you did something to trigger a gain in boss-rel. The boss-metric generator will only generate a physical NPC if you do something to earn a reward for boss-rel now, to save on memories and sim-spam.

- When my sim's performance was maxed out I expected her to get a promotion, however she got a pay rise instead.  Again I'm not sure why, as I didn't think Master Thief would be a job that is limited to only one position.
- I used Twallan's supercomputer to check that there was only 1 sim working as a Master Thief. 
- The Master Thief is earning §525/hour, which is apparently the base pay for the position (her jobinfo isn't showing any bonuses). 
- My sim's hourly pay is §225 (base) + §33 (the pay rise she just got).
So you'll get your promotion next time. As for why the Master Thief is presently singular, it's because the various event texts and blurbs strongly imply that your Master Thief occupies some kind of Guildmaster position. To create multiple such opening, construct multiple thieves guilds.

Some questions:
- why was a boss created as soon as the sim hit lvl 9, when there is no boss metric at that career level?
You probably did something to trigger it, such as turning in a quest or picking a tone which granted boss relationship, thus causing you to meet it (which means it needs to be generated now). A random event may also have given you this.

- why is Master Thief limited to one position?  I would expect a town to have more than one active criminal who could thieve at that level.
Based on the events that happen, the Master Thief appears to be the Guildmaster. So obviously, there's one Guildmaster per hall.

- Am I going to have wait until my sim's pay reaches §525/hour before she can displace the boss and take her place?  At §33 per pay rise, with a pay rise every second working day (assuming she doesn't get arrested on the second working day), and with a 4 day working week, it will take a while before she earns enough to displace the boss.
No, you only need to have a bigger pay-rise than the person you're trying to displace. In this case, your opponent has a "0", so at +33, you will displace them at the next session.

It seems like the boss was created solely to slow down my sim's run to the top of her career, turning a 3 working day wait for promotion (it would have been two days, but she got arrested on the second day) into a wait of several weeks.  I considered killing off the boss, but I assumed the game would simply create another one to take her place since the game seems to think my sim needs a (pointless) boss.
You can blame MOTOKI and Co for that. He seems to have felt that the game was not complete unless the superfluous bosses were generatable, even if the career did not explictly require one due to a lack of actual metric. So a compromise solution was implemented in which sim-spam was avoided while one could still be made to appear on request.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: 2009 September 06, 06:07:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some questions:
- why was a boss created as soon as the sim hit lvl 9, when there is no boss metric at that career level?
You probably did something to trigger it, such as turning in a quest or picking a tone which granted boss relationship, thus causing you to meet it (which means it needs to be generated now). A random event may also have given you this.
My sim has several friendship-based lifetime rewards, including the attractive bonus which made them instant friends.  No quest was involved, and the tone was either working hard or normal.  The only random event was my sim's arrest, which was after the boss was created.

No, you only need to have a bigger pay-rise than the person you're trying to displace. In this case, your opponent has a "0", so at +33, you will displace them at the next session.
Good, I was worried that it might be a comparison between hourly rates of pay.
« Last Edit: 2009 September 06, 06:20:58 by Kyna » Logged

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: 2009 September 06, 13:25:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wasn't sure where to put this.

When my sacred sims have a baby, the house is no longer sacred.  Is that supposed to happen now?  The new baby used to get the "chosen" trait, but doesn't anymore - starting with the AM of maybe a week ago. 

The last few AMs I've downloaded don't set the new baby and I lose the sacred setting on the whole lot, so I have to reset it.

I haven't downloaded the newest one yet today, but I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, so I thought I'd ask.  And search didn't give me anything relevant.

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
cwurts
Retarded Reprobate

Oona Klostermann for senate.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1334 on: 2009 September 06, 19:10:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This post is directed to everyone who uses Supreme Commander on large numbers of sims:  Are you able to play the game without a lot of lag?  I tried turning SC on for all 91 of my sims, and the game lagged (sims taking 2 hours to get from bathroom to work) and then crashed; when I cut it down to 30 sims, there was choppiness and lagging; at 20 sims, it ran smoothly.  But when I tried it on 30 sims once again, it seemed to be working okay.  Maybe it just has to warm up?  I think I am going to try it on 91 sims again to test my theory, but does anyone here have any SC experience to add?

Join the Oona Klostermann High Society Club
byronh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1335 on: 2009 September 06, 20:37:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got a quick question about the Jealousy option.

"UseAwesomeJealousy - Don't use EA jealousy code: Must be on to use any other jealousy modes."

Does this turn OFF jealousy, or does it use a special Pescado jealousy routine? If so, what are the features/differences of the Awesome jealousy code as compared with EA's?
GrayDragonfly
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: 2009 September 06, 23:43:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could someone explain exactly what setfitness/setfatness does and how to type it exactly?

I've tried using it on one of my sims using the info from the rtfm ("set[fit|fat]ness [<sim>] <value>: Sets fitness/fatness to -1.0 to 1.0 for current or specified sim.) but I get an unknown command message.

Here's an example of what I typed: setfitness Jane Madison 1.0

I also tried it without the name while clicked on the sim, but I still get the unknown command message. Also, I have the current AM update and I do know it's working, because I can still use editsim and maxmotives. I'm just guessing I'm typing it in wrong.
janinechloe
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: 2009 September 07, 01:45:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could someone explain exactly what setfitness/setfatness does and how to type it exactly?

I've tried using it on one of my sims using the info from the rtfm ("set[fit|fat]ness [<sim>] <value>: Sets fitness/fatness to -1.0 to 1.0 for current or specified sim.) but I get an unknown command message.

I also tried it without the name while clicked on the sim, but I still get the unknown command message. Also, I have the current AM update and I do know it's working, because I can still use editsim and maxmotives. I'm just guessing I'm typing it in wrong.

Have you tried enabling the debugcommands?
GrayDragonfly
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: 2009 September 07, 15:33:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried enabling the debugcommands?

Thanks for the suggestion. I enabled the debugcommand but I still get the unknown command message. Like I said before, editsim and maxmotives still work so I know AM is working. Undecided Oh well, it seemed like a cool addition to the mod. Maybe I'll figure it out on my own sometime in the future.
byronh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: 2009 September 07, 18:58:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does Awesomestory pollinate gay couples? I peeked in at Parker Langerak and Christopher Steel's house and they somehow conceived a genetic daughter who just aged up to teen. She looks like a tough one!

And another question. Are there supposed to be any lesbians? I usually gas most of the male Sims in Sunset Valley when I start a new 'hood, therefore there's usually a 75% starting female population. But I haven't observed any lesbian romances yet.
byronh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: 2009 September 07, 19:20:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You must initiate homosexual romance before the hood can slide up the Kinsey Scale. In a 'hood where no homosexual flirting has taken place, there will be no gay couples.

Above might be valid for Awesome Storymode only. It is possible the EAxis or IndieStone Storymodes do introduce pre-set homosexual Sims through a move in event.

I'm using Awesomestorymode of course.

I create alot of gay males for my own play but I haven't directed any of the 'hood residents to flirt with each other.

So is that gender specific? Will lesbianism only exist in the neighbourhood after I tell a girl to flirt with another girl (regardless of what I do with the boys)?
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: 2009 September 08, 17:39:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Question:  Do puddings need a TV in order to do cooking skillination using Supreme Commander's skill macro commands?

I instruct my sim to skillinate cooking using SC, and he runs off to his bicycle and heads for the library (I have all books enabled for the library using Awesomemod config).  He gets to the library, but instead of getting a book (cooking texts are there - I checked), he stalls, hops on his bike again and goes to the gym.  He then realizes that he can not skillinate cooking there (although he has a cooking #3 book in his inventory), and hops on his bike and goes back to the library, rinse, repeat.  When he gets too tired, he bikes home to bed, having accomplished nothing.  Is this normal?

In the end I forced him to read the book, but I was hoping for a "fire and forget" method.

I should just mention that I use no "Kewian-based" mods and Awesomemod is the September 6 version (with appropriate new config file added).

Tribulatio proxima est
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: 2009 September 08, 17:55:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, you don't need a TV. Alternate methods work and are even preferred. I will look into this problem.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Amaira
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
I can't seem to get awesome mod to run...
« Reply #1343 on: 2009 September 08, 19:40:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I have tried everything.  I followed the directions exactly.  I used Helper Monkey.  I tried removing and redownloading it several times.  All my caches are deleted and I made sure I only had the indiemod installed and not indiemodcore installed.  I deleted the file scriptcache.package.  The only thing I can thing is in my Game/Bin folder I have a gameplay.package, scripts.package, and simcore.package.  Could those be messing with awesomemod?  I thought about just deleting them but I didn't want to do that if I was being an idiot and that would mess everything up.  Any ideas. 

Oh I am running the patch 1.4 if that matters.  I really want to run it but I just can't seem to get it to go.  Cry
Annan
Swedish Pudding Chef
Senator

INTP/J: Bork!

View Profile WWW
Re: I can't seem to get awesome mod to run...
« Reply #1344 on: 2009 September 08, 19:47:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you need to specify "get it to run". What is it you expect it to do that it isn't?

Amaira
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: 2009 September 08, 19:53:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It isn't working at all.  I was reading through all the questions that were similar to mine and saw one that had an answer about doing showconfig to make sure awesomemod was running, I tried and nothing.  Not to mention I have tried making a house sacred it doesn't work and the things awesomemod should do (example: keep my seems from standing for over an hour when they are supposed to be doing something) never happens.  So it isn't doing anything just sitting in my mod/packages folder taking up room right now which is really sad.
Cocomama
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: 2009 September 08, 22:06:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Remove gameplay.package and simcore.package, they both will not work together with AwesomeMod. I am not sure about that scripts.package, move that to your desktop first, you can try put it back in later, if you want.

You better should have searched this site for answers, and post in the Questions/helpfull tips thread.
Amaira
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: 2009 September 08, 22:15:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok sorry about not posting in the question/tips thread.  I did look around though.  There were ones similar to mine but the solutions were all things I had already done or that didn't work.  Example was one almost exactly like mine but a Vista instead of XP.  She downloaded a different version of Monkey and it worked.  I did it, no such luck. 

Thank you.  I will try this and hopefully it will work so I don't have to resort to erasing everything and starting from scratch.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: 2009 September 09, 05:49:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a slightly similar problem to jolrei's. I sent a sim with low fitness skills - might have been no fitness skills - off to get some fitness. He spent his time between the art gallery - staring at the TV on the plinth, then running back to the gym, then back to the art gallery again. (On SC, of course.)

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: 2009 September 09, 06:16:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't replicate this in my game. If you have a save where this is happening, send it to me.

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: