More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 17:05:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1736041 times)
Darksmurf
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #1300 on: 2009 September 02, 20:34:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a way to enable romantic interactions between fambly members?

You see, I'm usually not a supporter of incest, but when I first found that the Broke fambly had carried over to The Sims 3 and that there were cousins, I thought that it would be all too appropriate for Ruby and Trigger to have a child and be forced into a shotgun wedding, ultimately fulfilling their trailer trash destiny.

Thanks!
Sexy sims 2.
mhavril
Asinine Airhead

I told you so.

View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: 2009 September 03, 04:36:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a way to enable romantic interactions between fambly members?

You see, I'm usually not a supporter of incest, but when I first found that the Broke fambly had carried over to The Sims 3 and that there were cousins, I thought that it would be all too appropriate for Ruby and Trigger to have a child and be forced into a shotgun wedding, ultimately fulfilling their trailer trash destiny.

Thanks!
Sexy sims 2.

Is there a way to do this with AwesomeMod, I mean?
Rosehrt
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: 2009 September 03, 07:47:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just want to say a BIG thanks to all who are working on AM's Storymode... as today, it threw me a cool surprise when my celebrity sim, Zac Efron, who is set-up to be one of RV's hottest bachelors with Flirty, Charismatic, Great Kisser, Friendly, and a few other traits but NOT Hopeless Romantic, Family Oriented or Commitment Issues... asked an EAxis woman to "Break Up" with her hubby autonomously... very N.I.C.E. !  And not what I really wanted him to be doing but if he ends up asking every woman he woohoos with to do this everytime, my 'hood should have a lot of broken hearted husbands which could be really funny !   Grin

Great job so far everyone and can't wait to see what will happen in the future of the game w/more development and elements added...  Brava !   Cool

That's kind of strange that your Flirty sim flirts are being accepted by other sims who have partners. Ever since taking out Indie Stone Story Progression Mod and turning on awesomemod story mod my Flirty sims have had no success in partner stealing even at 100% friendship. And this is a new hood, that I have never used Indie Stone on. The only success they have had in partner stealing is with sims that have the flirty trait, and before turning on awesomemod story mod my flirty sims where able to partner steal any sim they had at 100% friendship. I was very disappointed with this, because it took all the fun and drama away. And it was fun to breakup sims and see who story mod would pair them up with. Plus it would mess up the gene pool a bit. Sims born in the game with the same parents look so much alike.
Wolfeyes
Furry Yifftard
Retardo Lander

INFJ - 7, Very "F"

View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: 2009 September 03, 08:06:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey Rosehrt,

Well you are correct in your thinking on this and I had to "force" my married sim women to "get busy" with her flirty younger guy by first making them "Best Friends" and then having her initiate all the romantic actions until the bigger interactions finally appeared in the Romance social interaction tree... like "First Kiss" and then on to making out and the finale, woohooing !   Cheesy

The expressions on her face were really comical as she looked very confused and aghast at what she was doing and saying to her intended lover...  I  should have taken some screenies because it was classic...  Anywayz, you will have to force it if you want anything to happen between a married sim w/Family Oriented and a Flirty Single sim... but the results are totally worth it...  Good Luck !   Wink   Cool

Edit: The younger guy is Zac Efron so it will be fun to see what his kid looks like w/a CAS woman...   Cheesy

"Life is not about surviving the storms but rather how to dance in the rain" ~

Luther Vandross ~ Forever, For Always, For Love ~ 2005

Genius - Flirty - Friendly - Good Sense of Humor - Great Kisser ~
mrclopes
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: 2009 September 03, 08:54:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After the first generation I found my town slowly dying, not having kids, getting married or getting jobs. The only new sims created were co-workers and bosses who spawned when an active sim gets a new job. And most of them, don't even bother moving into a house in town.

Then I decided to enable awesome story mode, and thanks, everything is progressing again.

But what's the age setting should I use with awesome story mode? Or will the events scale according my game settings?

I also noticed a problem with Supreme commander with story mode enabled, when a NPC are going to skill, in a fresh neighborhood, I have zero lag when this event occur, but in my old save, everytime this message pops up my game freeze for like 2~5 seconds. I had all the debug options enabled but I have no clue why this is happening. I followed one of this NPCs going to skill, and they seen to do their job, the only odd thing I've noticed is when they go trough all the town just to take a shower, instead just washing themselves in their homes, or whereever they're skilling.
Alek
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: 2009 September 03, 19:45:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What effect does the stupid trait have?
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: 2009 September 03, 20:21:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I experienced with my computer is that the more Sims that I have on SC, the slower my game runs.  I don't think that there is anything wrong with the mod.  I just think that instead of the Sim standing still (like they would be doing otherwise), they are running around accomplishing.  I tend to have the families take turns with SC.  It did help a lot to lower my grahic options.  The game installed everything on high and it took a while to think to check them.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1307 on: 2009 September 03, 22:03:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In England marriage between cousins isn't considered incest.  Though it's still too close for a lot of people's comfort.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
mhavril
Asinine Airhead

I told you so.

View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: 2009 September 04, 03:21:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In England marriage between cousins isn't considered incest.  Though it's still too close for a lot of people's comfort.
Well, I mean that the creators of the game consider it incest as it is not allowed in the game. After looking it up, apparently it's legal in about 1/2 of the U.S., and 1/2 not. That's wierd.

Anyway, I ended up using AwesomeMod to cheat them married and cheat them pregnant, but they still can't kiss or anything, as they view each other as both cousins and spouses. Is there a way to get them to "forget" that they're cousins without messing up their fambly tree?
Wolfeyes
Furry Yifftard
Retardo Lander

INFJ - 7, Very "F"

View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: 2009 September 04, 07:40:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In addition, if two first cousins end up marrying and having kids then the "Stupid" trait will most likely appear in one or more of the chilluns...   Wink   Cheesy

Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: 2009 September 04, 16:09:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That was very interesting Jordi.
simwit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: 2009 September 04, 16:54:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Muslims are now trying to find out where jordi lives.
loopsydoo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: 2009 September 04, 16:59:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just want to say a BIG thanks to all who are working on AM's Storymode... as today, it threw me a cool surprise when my celebrity sim, Zac Efron, who is set-up to be one of RV's hottest bachelors with Flirty, Charismatic, Great Kisser, Friendly, and a few other traits but NOT Hopeless Romantic, Family Oriented or Commitment Issues... asked an EAxis woman to "Break Up" with her hubby autonomously... very N.I.C.E. !  And not what I really wanted him to be doing but if he ends up asking every woman he woohoos with to do this everytime, my 'hood should have a lot of broken hearted husbands which could be really funny !   Grin

Great job so far everyone and can't wait to see what will happen in the future of the game w/more development and elements added...  Brava !   Cool

That's kind of strange that your Flirty sim flirts are being accepted by other sims who have partners. Ever since taking out Indie Stone Story Progression Mod and turning on awesomemod story mod my Flirty sims have had no success in partner stealing even at 100% friendship. And this is a new hood, that I have never used Indie Stone on. The only success they have had in partner stealing is with sims that have the flirty trait, and before turning on awesomemod story mod my flirty sims where able to partner steal any sim they had at 100% friendship. I was very disappointed with this, because it took all the fun and drama away. And it was fun to breakup sims and see who story mod would pair them up with. Plus it would mess up the gene pool a bit. Sims born in the game with the same parents look so much alike.

I use Aweindie and the flirty sims always find success with the married sims, it goes no further than a flirt but it seems to be accepted by all the females whether they are family orientated or not.  The Hopeless Romantic sims have equal success as there is hardly a difference between Flirty and HR as far as I can see.  Never seen an autonomous break up request.

The Indie matching of partners is totally random, I have tested this a lot.  I have seen sims paired together who are totally unsuitable and others ignored that were made for each other and I mean that literally because I made them and set them in different houses and watched.  I even set some with the same five traits but none were paired which was disappointing.  I suppose the modding was hard enough without adding extra bits to make sure they were suitable or not.  I have also experienced many May to December matchings even though none of the sims had the LTW of Gold Digger or similar.  I used to have a laugh about who was going to end up with who but in the same hood re-run it changes so there is no programming to set who matches with whom.

Nevertheless the AweIndie is great to use and I love it.

Kind regards

lefty
Blathering Buffoon

Objecti- GAH!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1313 on: 2009 September 04, 19:11:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm confused as to what awesomemod is insinuating, that is the correct time/date for where I live.  Huh

Gosh.
Crmelsimlover
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: 2009 September 04, 19:19:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is 'insinuating' that there is a new build and that you must update.
lefty
Blathering Buffoon

Objecti- GAH!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1315 on: 2009 September 04, 20:02:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is 'insinuating' that there is a new build and that you must update.
I downloaded the newest one directly before playing. And yes, I replaced the old one with the newest build.

Gosh.
Wolfeyes
Furry Yifftard
Retardo Lander

INFJ - 7, Very "F"

View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: 2009 September 04, 20:51:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See also the famous 'Blue Fugates' of Kentucky, and related stories from West Virginia in the US.

Very nice bit of info Jordi, and I'm just sure I can hear the crickets and banjo playing right about now...   Cheesy

twoftmama
Blathering Buffoon

Domestic Goddess

View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: 2009 September 04, 21:35:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fixed Motive-Autosatisfy offsets.

Does this mean non-active sims motives will be refreshed like they are supposed to be?

If the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left handed people are in their right mind.

TFM'S Naughty Sims Asylum
Ray
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: 2009 September 05, 00:17:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game stopped at the beginning of load screen.= =

The version is 1.4.6. I try to remove all other packages but it doesn't work.

Without awesome mod or without any mods, it's just fine.

= =

My system is Vista Home x64. I don't know if awesome mod works in old game versions... But I'm pretty sure it used to doing well with other mods in my old PC which is XP system...
unstuck
Asinine Airhead

Vintage Sims: because technology ruined us

View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: 2009 September 05, 01:14:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, there is virtually no scientific basis for banning cousin marriage. The chance of congenital defects is less than 2%, which is not significantly higher than the chance of a congenital defect occurring in a union of two people who are more distantly related (as in the case of someone marrying a girl from the same town).
The only cases where cousin marriage becomes problematic is if there is a long history of interbreeding, as historically occurred among the European royalty (the Hapsburg lip, culminating the in the absolutely retarded Charles II of Spain, and the mentally challenged Ferdinand of Austria); and now occurs mainly among Muslim immigrants in Europe (as they tend to marry their cousins generations over and over, to bring in entire villages to the West through "family reunion". Most births with Down syndrome are now in islamic families, and there are studies which blame the extreme aggression and high criminality rates among muslims on the inherited mental retardation which was already present in the home countries [most immigrants come from developmentally backwards areas -- even for those countries -- like the Rif mountains in Northern Africa or the Kurd areas of Turkey, where marriage has traditionally been confined to inside the same village for hundreds of years], but through three/four generations of immigrant incest has increased this even further). See also the famous 'Blue Fugates' of Kentucky, and related stories from West Virginia in the US.

The ban on cousin marriage is mostly an American social stigma which was inherited from the Puritans. As TS3 is an American game though...

I can confirm that the stigma is very present in South America, far removed from the American Puritans.  I had SECOND cousins in South America that were dating and it was considered quite scanderlous...

Interestingly, even SIBLINGS procreating, or a parent and child,  have a very low chance of producing spawn with congenital defects.  But the incidence of course increases in even fewer generations than with cousins. 

ANYWAY............ I don't want MY sims to bang their cousins.  I dunno.  Sounds messy.  Aunt/Mother-in-law? Egads..

byronh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1320 on: 2009 September 05, 06:14:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since somebody asked what the "Stupid" trait does.

The deprecated version that was cut before the game was released caused Stupid sims to gain skills in logic, hacking, writing, and handiness at only 30% the speed that normal sims do.
There may be some other effects but this is the only one I can find in the XML files.
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: 2009 September 05, 07:49:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have two questions for this thread and one that is a bug:

Motive Auto-Satisfaction Curve now offsett ... bla-ba-bla, is it also correcting the problem with the ghosts that wake up totally sleepy and all they want is to find a place to nap?

Don't eject on Reset ... bla-bla-bla - it says "do not change in Config, do it in setconfig instead". What is the correct syntax? I entered the syntax given in showconfig and the console doesn't recognize it.

Bug - I serve food in the Buffet Table, the Hand Of God command cleans it, so it is a very expensive "clean-up". The problem has been around for a while no matter how often I update the AM.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: 2009 September 05, 08:12:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Motive Auto-Satisfaction Curve now offsett ... bla-ba-bla, is it also correcting the problem with the ghosts that wake up totally sleepy and all they want is to find a place to nap?
No, although it does provide the means of doing so. The reason ghosts do that is because sims not being actively simulated don't actually have motive decay, they have "motive railroads" that simply raise and lower the motives by time without the sim doing anything. This is why they constantly need to pee anytime they show up anywhere, because of the bladder time points (which don't match any normal process as seen in gameplay), and why your ghosts are always tired: It's the middle of the night, and the energy curve is low then. I can give the ghosts a 12-hour offset so that they become nocturnal and thus avoid this easily.

Don't eject on Reset ... bla-bla-bla - it says "do not change in Config, do it in setconfig instead". What is the correct syntax? I entered the syntax given in showconfig and the console doesn't recognize it.
Well, after some testing, you can basically ignore that advice (I certainly do. Tongue), and I will remove it in a later version, as it doesn't seem to produce any obvious problems in testing so far.

Bug - I serve food in the Buffet Table, the Hand Of God command cleans it, so it is a very expensive "clean-up". The problem has been around for a while no matter how often I update the AM.
I suspect you will find the missing food items stuffed into your fridge in the leftovers chest. Confirm that this is so, and if it is, in the next version this will no longer happen to food parented(usually meaning "sitting on") to a buffet table.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: 2009 September 05, 08:24:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks. No, the food from the buffet is nowhere to see. I also thought something on this line but it is not possible to set the food in the fridge, either for myself or for the game, so far I could notice.

I would appreciate anything that can be done to the ghosts. Exactly, they are night active and should behave so.

I'm going to enable the Config thing. I hope it solves some reset problems I have while I'm reorganizing the buildings position in my hood.
Alek
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: 2009 September 05, 08:26:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What effect does the stupid trait have?
It makes you ask dumb questions on forums.

Are you trying to be funny?
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: