More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 05:13:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1732596 times)
unverdorben
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
No parthogenesis = no births at all?
« Reply #1075 on: 2009 August 11, 18:37:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed awesomemod with no parthogenesis enabled and ever since there hasnīt been a single birth or marriage in 30 sim days amongst my townie sims. All the townie kids born before the mod are single adults now - is there anything I can do to prevent the townies from dying out exept disableing no parthogenesis?
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
Re: No parthogenesis = no births at all?
« Reply #1076 on: 2009 August 11, 18:47:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does this help?

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,16383.0/topicseen.html

Tribulatio proxima est
Enelen
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: 2009 August 11, 18:48:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...maybe try using one of the custom story modes: Indie Stone - the Baby Apocalypse or Awesome Story Mode - now with MOAR Babyz (apparently, I haven't got around to try it yet).
unverdorben
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: 2009 August 11, 19:11:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, I didnīt know cribs are required... will add cribs right now Smiley
jtrazz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #1079 on: 2009 August 11, 21:27:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can someone please tell me if I installed it the right way? I have the monkey installer. I saved it into program files/electronic arts/the sims 3. Then when I unzipped it, I saved that into program files/electronic arts/the sims 3/mods/packages. Then I right clicked it and clicked install into The Sims 3. Is that right? Because you can also install it to Sims 3 Hacks.

Also, I am reading this:
http://beta.moreawesomethanyou.com/ts3/awesome/rtfm.txt

And it says that the features are either enabled or disabled by default. How would I enable or disable something once I'm in the game?
DMDye
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #1080 on: 2009 August 11, 21:34:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is easier to enable or disable outside the game using this: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ts3/awesome/config.php
jtrazz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: 2009 August 12, 00:08:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you. I have another question. One of the things it does is:
Disables hardcoded check against 12-woohoo. Does not actually enable it without additional XML hacks not included here.

What does this mean? What is 12-woohoo and what are XML hacks?

Also, someone told me this:
Exactly where the file goes is not entirely essential, as long as it's in a folder covered by your framework file.

What is a framework file? Sorry if these are stupid questions lol.
DMDye
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: 2009 August 12, 00:13:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Framework is what the Monkey Installer (or the Framework file here) installs so that the game knows where to look for mods and allows for sub-foldering.

I believe the 12-woohoo needs to be enabled in the config file I pointed you to - I'm not sure because I don't use that. BEWARE! These actions (flirting with teens and such) has consequences.
jtrazz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: 2009 August 12, 00:17:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, is that what it enables? Relationships with teens? And what are the consequences?

And I just tried to play for the first time since I installed the awesome mod and my game now crashes everytime I go on a lot.
DMDye
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: 2009 August 12, 00:21:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have the latest AM, it is crashing for lots of us, try the previous version, post #589, here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,16098.575.html

Consequences for pedophilia (from what I've read) are going to jail.  Grin

Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: 2009 August 12, 00:59:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pedophilia and 12 woohoo are not the same thing.  Pedophilia in Awesomemod for TS3 refers to adults/young adults (and I believe elders) doing romantic actions with teens.  If they get caught they do get arrested, go to jail, and become branded as a Registered Sex Offender which is a new trait that causes everyone who is not also a Sex Offender or a Pedobear or a Pedobait to hate them and not want to talk to them.  Also, they will get arrested for simply being on the lot that has the school building.  They also can only get jobs in Criminal career track I believe.

12 woohoo means the ability for teens to woohoo (with each other).  In order for teens to actually woohoo, you need an aditional xml mod which is not included with Awesomemod.  There are several versions of teen woohoo xml mods available, with or without pregnacy enabled and such.  As far as I know, you do not need any aditional xml mods to have Pedobears run rampant in your game and get their asses thrown in jail.

Since I have never actually dabled in any of this perversion myself, I do not know if you need to enabled 12 woohoo in order to allow your Pedobears to actually woohoo with teens.  But I think I have seen references to people being able to have adults impregnate teens using some sort combination of mods.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
jtrazz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: 2009 August 12, 01:11:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh ok thanks  Grin
jtrazz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: 2009 August 12, 23:57:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been playing since the game came out, and it usually saves fine. Last week I had to completely restore my computer and I had to reinstall TS3. My sister was the first to play after I reinstalled it, and she made a town. I just started playing again yesterday and I made my own town, and today when I loaded the game again, her town was gone. I realized that I must have accidentally overwritten her game. Today, she played again and made herself another town (new game on the main menu). And when she went to save, it told her that another save file already existed, and asked if she wanted to overwrite it. I told her to just overwrite it because I didn't do a lot on my town and I didn't care. Then I went on the main menu and clicked new game and as soon as it loaded I went to save it to see what would happen and again, it asked me if I wanted to overwrite. This has never happened to me before. I have 4 open spaces for new games, but it keeps wanting to overwrite the one I have. Before I restored my computer, I had 3 games saved. I installed the awesome mod last night, and I also have a mod for teen woohoo/pregnancy. Does anyone think that could be the problem?
cassblonde
Exasperating Eyesore

Lazy Lurker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1088 on: 2009 August 13, 00:00:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would say your best solution is to change the name of the save. "Save As" is one of your options under Edit Town.

Now go away before someone pokes you or something.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 13, 00:09:40 by cassblonde » Logged

I'm an apathetic sociopath, I'd kill you if I cared.
Wookiee
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: 2009 August 13, 01:45:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had a CTD because of all the kids jamming the school entrance. Why can't they use another door? I noticed some places have a backdoor they can use.
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: 2009 August 13, 07:40:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The sims are not using other doors or even other tiles. It seems that they use the old foot path back to TS1 and never changed. They bump each other even on open terrain.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: 2009 August 13, 20:49:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've already tried using droptrait RegisteredSexOffender... and Pescado has made that a null action... so guess my guy is just SOL...
I'm pretty sure I read on here recently that someone successfully removed the Registered Sex Offender trait by simply disabling Pedophelia from their config settings.  Might want to try that and see if it works for you.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
varmint
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: 2009 August 13, 23:04:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quick question, how long does it take for "town personalities" to be chosen?

Town personalities are an Indie Stone feature, Awesomemod has nothing to do with them.
twoftmama
Blathering Buffoon

Domestic Goddess

View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: 2009 August 13, 23:22:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(Story Progression is on Normal

Town personalities are an Indie Stone feature, Awesomemod has nothing to do with them.

Story Progression speed is an Indie Stone feature also.

If the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left handed people are in their right mind.

TFM'S Naughty Sims Asylum
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: 2009 August 14, 00:15:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(Story Progression is on Normal

Story Progression speed is an Indie Stone feature also.

Then they shouldn't have even posted in this forum about it at all, as none of it is related to AwesomeMod.

INFP or something
whoachica
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: 2009 August 14, 00:50:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My neighborhood has hardly anyone left in it.  There are literally 4 houses left with all elderly sims.  I have AM-the latest one-and I have story progression enabled in my game options.  Do I need to disable EA's story progression in order to have AM's story mode work?  How do I check that AM's story mode is actually enabled in my game?  Or is this issue AM related at all? I do have the most recent patch installed. 
simwit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: 2009 August 14, 00:56:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You might find this interesting, whoachica:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,16383.0.html
shinygobonkers
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: 2009 August 14, 01:06:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

its proably another instance of sillyness/stupidity on my part, but I cant get the droptrait command to work. Have tried [droptrait Absent-Minded], [droptrait "Absent-Minded], [droptrait absent-minded], [droptrait AbsentMinded] etc (minus the actual []'s that is) and NOTHING happens...on multiple sims :[ I ended up just using the savegame editor but it'd be nice not to have to resort to that...
DMDye
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: 2009 August 14, 01:36:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Silly answer: is that the only sim in the house, are you sure you have selected the sim whose trait you want to drop, have you tried: droptrait <simname> AbsentMinded?

I haven't tried it, but read the RTFM. If that doesn't help, I'll try it on my sim - but I like her just the way she is.  Grin

[edited] for typo
« Last Edit: 2009 August 14, 04:08:37 by DMDye » Logged
whoachica
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: 2009 August 14, 01:41:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you kidding me?  In order for my story progression to work properly I must have cribs in all the houses?  I can't believe that would actually be the problem. Huh
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: