More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 05:07:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1737290 times)
cwurts
Retarded Reprobate

Oona Klostermann for senate.

View Profile WWW
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #1025 on: 2009 August 06, 01:51:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HELP!  I was playing around with some of the cheats, and now Justine Keaton will not have her baby. I accidently lost all my game data after eight days of gameplay, but the story was still intact.  So I decided to induce labor right away for Justine and Claire Ursine, so they would not look their babies went back in.  Claire had hers in a timely fashion, but Justine has gone on almost five days without.  She is not supposed to be pregnant right now; the story forbids it.  How do I induce labor as quickly as possible?

Thanks in advance!

Join the Oona Klostermann High Society Club
DMDye
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Question about the mod
« Reply #1026 on: 2009 August 06, 01:51:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Xaruny, read this post by Motoki: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,16229.0.html - it will help you narrow it down so you don't need to read 42 pages worth of bug-reports since release 1 (or since whenever)!

I haven't tried having more than 8 sims on a lot, so I can't even PM you with ideas.  Embarrassed
dilpill
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: 2009 August 06, 01:59:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HELP!  I was playing around with some of the cheats, and now Justine Keaton will not have her baby. I accidently lost all my game data after eight days of gameplay, but the story was still intact.  So I decided to induce labor right away for Justine and Claire Ursine, so they would not look their babies went back in.  Claire had hers in a timely fashion, but Justine has gone on almost five days without.  She is not supposed to be pregnant right now; the story forbids it.  How do I induce labor as quickly as possible?

Thanks in advance!
You can always type 'falconpunch' into the cheat bar while the pregnant sim is selected to terminate the pregnancy. You won't get the baby though, for obvious reasons. Tongue

Xaruny
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: 2009 August 06, 03:10:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello, I have a questoin. I'm not very smart with awesomemod so please be kind. I wanted my sim to have a big family but I can't "Try for baby" anymore because there are 8 sims, so could someone tell me how to set my game to more then 8 sims? I looked at the wiki  and I have no idea what to do, got me confused even more.  Embarrassed

In your configuration file set: AllowOverstuffedHouses       

Removes 8-sim limit on houses. Note that this limit only applies to in-game, not CAS. Don't go crazy.

to enabled.  I've moved in 16 sims into 1 house using this.  You should be able to have more babies as well.  If you can't after enabling this, let us know.  (Also, make sure you have the latest version of awesomemod.
Used the search function, found this. I let you know, you guys insulted me, beautiful. I have the latest version, so I still want to know, why can't I have babies with this mod enabled?
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: 2009 August 06, 03:40:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Kyna: He fixed the mass infidelity and romancing in the latest (latest as is not an officially announced update but a reuploaded fix) version. Maybe a little too well because no one is finding a partner in my game now. I'm just getting a bunch of attempted match failings. *Shrug*

@Motoki: I just went to update AM, as I normally do before I start a play session.  I do have the latest build, and did when the events in my previous post were happening.  I'm getting lots of screwing around, only two or three marriages (and these are marriages between flirty sims who later screw around), and no babies.

On the baby issue, I've been adding one crib + several extra beds to lots.  Sometimes in the main bedroom, sometimes in the hallway or on a balcony, and sometimes out on the lawn - I'm not going to play those households, so I'm not particularly fussed where I dump the cribs and beds.  I'm wondering if one crib + beds is sufficient, or if AM requires at least two cribs + beds in case of twins.

I am also getting lots of attempted match failings - but I note that those are often with sims who had no problems finding a match previously and who later find a match for a date, so I assume the message means there is nobody currently available - i.e. their likely targets are all currently at work or in a rabbithole on a date with someone else.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 06, 03:49:32 by Kyna » Logged

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: 2009 August 06, 04:05:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On the baby issue, I've been adding one crib + several extra beds to lots.  Sometimes in the main bedroom, sometimes in the hallway or on a balcony, and sometimes out on the lawn - I'm not going to play those households, so I'm not particularly fussed where I dump the cribs and beds.  I'm wondering if one crib + beds is sufficient, or if AM requires at least two cribs + beds in case of twins.

See what sort of environment your fascist insistence on cribs is creating Pescado?   Wink Cheesy

I am also getting lots of attempted match failings - but I note that those are often with sims who had no problems finding a match previously and who later find a match for a date, so I assume the message means there is nobody currently available - i.e. their likely targets are all currently at work or in a rabbithole on a date with someone else.

Yeah, I'm getting a lot of romance fails too. I'm assuming, like you said, it's just normal spammage that it tried but no one was available at that particular time.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
DMDye
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: 2009 August 06, 04:08:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Xaruny: Motoki and I have been trying to help you, even though we both knew we may have gotten flailed here... and you just dismissed/ignored us both... That was *not* nice.

Sometimes I go above and beyond, and I just may have been in a nice enough mood this evening to try to get more than 8 in a household - but if you are *only* going to pay attention to those that diss you - and totally disregard those that help you, count me out.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: 2009 August 06, 06:12:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What exactly does it mean when I get the message: "Work: Sim x going to work"?  It doesn't inform me when everyone in the hood goes to work each day, but sometimes I get more than one identical message for the same sim within the same sim hour.  This is not the same sort of message as when a sim goes to get a new job, so I'm wondering what it means and why I am being informed (though I really don't know what exactly the message is trying to inform me of).

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: 2009 August 06, 06:19:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It means that particular sim did not go to work as normal like they should have so ASM is trying to force their ass to work, sometimes repeatedly. Actually, you can click on that message and it will take you over to said sim and you can watch them being forced to go to work.

I had one who was at a park with a toddler and I watched as ASM had to make several tries to get her to go to work. She ended calling a cab back home and then dropped the kid on the floor and finally left and went to work but it took several tries (messages) to get her to do it.

The toddler went *poof* when she left but that is normal EAxis behavior for babies and toddlers left home alone in a house that is not the selected house. I suppose the went into an off site daycare rabbit hole or something. Tongue

DMDye
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: 2009 August 06, 06:30:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried to get my sim to go gather some seeds after I got her the Collection Helper for her.  Interestingly, instead of taking a car/taxi/limo - she ran all the way over, and that took over an hour.  Huh

Even after she got to the seed, it took my clicking on "go here" to then have the "pick up" come up.... It has never been that difficult/complicated before.  Huh

Yes, I have the latests AM!
Shadowed
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: 2009 August 06, 07:20:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am still not getting the config file. I downloaded the latest Awesome mod and have the framework. For some reason I can't get the config file. I go to AwesomeMod Configuration Tool make my choices Click on the picture of the dinosaur to generate the config file and I still just get a config.htm. I don't get it. I shouldn't be getting an htm that takes me to a page I have just been to.
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: 2009 August 06, 07:51:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am still not getting the config file. I downloaded the latest Awesome mod and have the framework. For some reason I can't get the config file. I go to AwesomeMod Configuration Tool make my choices Click on the picture of the dinosaur to generate the config file and I still just get a config.htm. I don't get it. I shouldn't be getting an htm that takes me to a page I have just been to.
God damn it.  I meant to hit quote but accidently hit the thanks button.  At least my computer mocked me for it.

Anywho... I have no idea why that is happening.  You seem to be doing everything right.  I can tell you that it works for me without a hitch.  I'd recommend you download a different browser and see if that fixes your problem.  It is worth a shot at least.
quetzilla
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: 2009 August 06, 08:22:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try a different web browser.
simwit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: 2009 August 06, 16:41:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While I am not much of a builder unless the mood really hits me, I would love it if someone took it upon themselves to redesign the whole neighborhood and yank out all the EAxis houses and put better ones in.

The only thing would that is they couldn't bulldoze the Beautiful Vista lots, but you can still go into them, knock everything down and then build a new house from scratch. If you did that and then uploaded the new cleaned up neighborhood save file it should still retain it.

Alright, so here's my plan for a neighborhood with houses that meet the Awesome standard. It'll be an ugly neighborhood, but I don't care how it looks, I just want to be able to play without buying cribs, beds, and whatnot for every family.

I'm going to edit one house for every lot size. The sizes I can think of are: 60x60,40x40,40x30,30x40,30x30,30x20,20x30. There may be a few more, I'll check later.

Then, when I start a new neigborhood, I'm going to bulldoze most of it, and fill it with my 'awesome' houses. Most houses will look the same now, but I don't give a damn. It'll do until someone rebuilds an entire neighborhood with beautiful, really awesome houses. That someone won't be me. The house I built for my own household is probably the ugliest house in town, but it's my house and I like it, so there.

Anyway, this seems like the easiest way to get a neighorhood with lots of beds, cribs, and other expensive stuff, without spending weeks building it.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: 2009 August 06, 17:18:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Simwit, if you want to copy a bit from "A Wrinkle in Time", all you really need is one house sized 20x20 which you can place on all lots and rotate as needed. That's what I did for awhile while placing homeless.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
simwit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: 2009 August 06, 17:29:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, that would be even easier, a lot easier, but it would create a neigborhood with lots of small houses. To fit in big households I guess I'd have to put cribs and beds outside. Might give that a try though.

EDIT: Or I could mix it up a little by editing three different houses: large, medium, small.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 06, 17:38:16 by simwit » Logged
Xaruny
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: 2009 August 06, 18:06:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Xaruny: Motoki and I have been trying to help you, even though we both knew we may have gotten flailed here... and you just dismissed/ignored us both... That was *not* nice.

Sometimes I go above and beyond, and I just may have been in a nice enough mood this evening to try to get more than 8 in a household - but if you are *only* going to pay attention to those that diss you - and totally disregard those that help you, count me out.
From the getgo, anyone who has responded to my posts has not helped me in any way. Use the search function, browse through the 43+ pages to find an answer that we could tell you in 8 seconds, etc. etc. I ended up searching through most of the topic and found very little about my subject, after people claimed it had been answered so often. Regardless, maybe you are right. I'm sorry if I ignored you or insulted you in any way, but you can understand some members were a bit less polite than you or Motoki, and I was a tad frustrated.
Enelen
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: 2009 August 06, 18:23:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From the getgo, anyone who has responded to my posts has not helped me in any way. Use the search function, browse through the 43+ pages to find an answer that we could tell you in 8 seconds, etc. etc. I ended up searching through most of the topic and found very little about my subject, after people claimed it had been answered so often. Regardless, maybe you are right. I'm sorry if I ignored you or insulted you in any way, but you can understand some members were a bit less polite than you or Motoki, and I was a tad frustrated.

Because it's not frustrating to tell the same thing over and over and over to every newcomer who could just search for it instead of making a new thread each. Yes, it's easier to tell the answer, but then you would just ask for more answers. If we can teach you to use the search function, then next time you will use that. You don't like reading 43 pages, but now the next person will have to search 44, because you just added a page on your own.
Xaruny
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: 2009 August 06, 19:08:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because it's not frustrating to tell the same thing over and over and over to every newcomer who could just search for it instead of making a new thread each. Yes, it's easier to tell the answer, but then you would just ask for more answers. If we can teach you to use the search function, then next time you will use that. You don't like reading 43 pages, but now the next person will have to search 44, because you just added a page on your own.
Like I said, I tried to use the search function but came up with no real answer for what I was looking for. I just tried to fix it, added the hack framework, and deleted the scriptcache, but to no avail. I have tried the conventional methods, and none have worked as of yet, I would like to see someone answer my question, since it is so simple, albeit having no clear answer through searching. Once again, sorry for not being as awesome as you guys, but I just need a simple answer, if you would be so kind.
Xaruny
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: 2009 August 06, 19:18:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, sorry for the double post higher-ups, but this is the last post. I just figured out what was wrong, I reinstalled the mod and recopied the framework hack and placed everything in the right place, it works fine now. Thanks for the help, anyone who wasn't an ass, I'll be on my way.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: 2009 August 06, 19:57:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, you can click on that message and it will take you over to said sim and you can watch them being forced to go to work.
Thanks, I didn't realize we could click on messages to go see what they were talking about.  I'll have to start doing that.   Wink

Shadowed
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: 2009 August 07, 04:34:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you Simius and quetzilla for your help I got Foxfire and tried that browser. Bingo it worked I got the config file. Now i'm going to load up the game and see if everything is working. Thank you again for your help. I would also like to thank J. M. Pescado. If it wasn't for him and others like him we would still be stuck with playing a vanilla version of these games.  Grin
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: 2009 August 07, 05:39:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering if anyone could give some insight on this.  It seems about 50% of the sim households that I am not controling can't manage to take care of their basic needs to the point where they are passing out in front of the school and constantly smelly, while the other 50% seem able to function just fine (ie, they actually sleep at night and apparently shower, etc).  Also, when I switch to these passing-out smelly sims, the kids/teens are all failing school (which adds another negative moodlet) and they are also usually starving and completely stressed out.  While I am only playing one family, I do find it unnrealistic to see 6 or so smelly kids and teens passed out on the school steps when my kid shows up at school each morning.  And also it makes socalizing difficult when my "friends" are too miserable to, well, socalize.  What exactly is causing this sort of utter failure at life in some sims while others manage to do just fine with no input from me?

Also, I would just like to say I love, love, love ASM pushing sims into careers that fit thier LTWs.  This is exactly the sort of thing I've been wanting since I first started playing TS3.  It makes it seem like the sims actually are aware of what they want and are trying to work toward goals instead of standing around for hours in the park doing absolutely nothing whatsoever as they grow old and eventually die.  I have no idea how hard it woud be to code it further so that sims would work towards other non-career related LTWs, but some pushes to get sims to build skills, have babies, make friends, etc relating to thier LTWs would be so freaking awesome.  I know I could do this already with SupCom, but I really would just like to see sims do more stuff without my input.

brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: 2009 August 07, 09:34:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know what to say about that problem cause I am just a novice with this story mode. Haven't experienced anything like that. Wow.

I really wanted to say that I am pleased with the ASM handling the jobs for non-playable sims. They are working in areas that go with the lifetime wants. Really what's amazing, they are going to work.

I was worried about my sim in law enforcement. I knew I placed another family that had a sim with the law enforcement want, so she can have a partner. They both went to work for days never meeting each other and she never had the "chat with partner" tone. When she made her 3rd promotion, I saw her partner status for performance was in a sad face. I thought, oh-oh, my sim will not progress cause she doesn't have a relationship with a partner. I was curious how the ASM will handle this, so I let it go for the day and thought if they don't have a relationship by the end of the work day, I will send her to his house.  Well I was pleasantly surprised when an chance opportunity popped up asking if she would blah, blah, blah take the blame for her partner's blah, blah and when I clicked yes, she finally met her partner! All was solved and cool so I didn't have to panick, and the panick I did was my punishment for doubting Pescado's way of doing things. I have learned, must be patience with AwesomeMod's Story Progression.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: 2009 August 07, 17:05:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gastfyr: I am curious how many sims you have in your neighborhood including homeless. I tend to notice the more sims I have in the neighborhood the more I tend to start seeing such behavior. I would bet that if you started a new clean neighborhood everyone would be fine.

destroying all homeless might help. If it doesn't you could try destroy all npcs and then it should just generate more as needed (imo the game generates way too many of them to start off with). If that still doesn't work it might be BFBVFS territory for your hood. Sad

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: