More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 05:55:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Food Menus
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Food Menus  (Read 5390 times)
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
Food Menus
« on: 2005 November 19, 21:49:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd really love a way to limit the menus at restaurants (or wherever) so my seafood place just serves seafood and my ice cream parlor only has floats and deserts, and the waffle house only has waffles or whatever Smiley And so I can get some of the wonderful foods I'm downloading for the restaurants off the home menus so it doesn't clutter them up.

Anyone know of a way to do this already? (I seem to miss things)

If there's not already a way, any chance any of the wonderful modders here would consider making one?

Is it even possible? (I'm not trying to ask for the world - I just don't know any better.)

Unsouper
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Food Menus
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 19, 21:57:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not really feasible, no. It appears a food is flagged either restaurant or non-restaurant, and any restaurant item is available at any restaurant, with no way to designate themes beyond that.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 19, 22:04:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about getting the new NL foods available at home? If the animations aren't there for cooking, I'd settle for just being able to grab a plate of it from the buffet.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 19, 22:04:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for answering!

That's too bad - didn't they do a better job of this for Sims1 (seems like it, but I can't remember yesterday, alzheimer's dontchaknow.) Anyway, it's silly that all restaurants serve the same things - guess I'll hope they fix it in the business EP, but considering what they're *not* doing, guess I won't hold my breath either.

PS - That's a point Motoki - I guess if I used buffet tables, I could limit the menu, and have a lot of restaurants serve buffet style. Seems like I've seen a sushi bar that worked that way on some site, but it was a donation item (so I don't have it). Course then I'd have to learn to mesh which would require a 3d program and making it through the huge learning curve of figuring out how to use it, and I'm not likely to get that far Sad

Unsouper
Baddmark
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 19, 22:18:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded a fridge (probably from MTS2) that had pizza and chinese available by slice or box. So no doubt it'll be updated to contain options for all the new NL grub.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 19, 22:25:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about getting the new NL foods available at home? If the animations aren't there for cooking, I'd settle for just being able to grab a plate of it from the buffet.

Same!  It would be so nice to be able to have a choice of which foods go on the buffet...  my sims are getting a little tired of the same old salad, turkey and gelatin being served at every single wedding!
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 19, 22:35:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes and I also think it's silly they we can make Lobster Thermidor and Baked Alaska at home, but not rather mundane stuff like Fried Chicken. Tongue

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 19, 22:49:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's silly that there's no option to eat raw meat like I do.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 19, 22:57:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is for the cow plant. Wink

Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 19, 23:01:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So it's not really that he's an old man or even a young kid posing as an old man, but actually a raw-meat-eating plant luring us all in with the wonderful cake offered here? a pod people?

Unsouper
vector
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 19, 23:04:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just want my fridges to work on Comm lots again. I only want a bag of cookies, dammit, not an a' la carte restaurant with 3 npcs and swanky serving plates. Add a juice bar and I've usually got twice as many NPCs as townies plus playable characters. Been meaning to ask if anybody had found out how to enable them to work again.

And I'm really disappointed that Maltesh's hack-free restaurant idea stopped working with NL as well. And that you can't put wedding cakes on lots that have a restaurant because the stupid waiter puts them in the bin.  Roll Eyes
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 November 19, 23:16:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Am desperate for new food on the buffet. I am so sick of turkey and gelatin.  I hate the look of that salad so much, I cancel out the action and make the Sims clean up the plate if they happen to choose it autonomously.

I was spoiled by Sandy at Around the Sims for Sims 1.  She had wonderful buyable buffet food....gourmet and fancy, she's French dontcha know, and I miss it terribly.

Will work for new food, and new ways of choosing food!   (And I agree with Sagana that choosing themed fare restaurants would be awesome.)

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 November 19, 23:18:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We should get a little machine that a sim enters, and out comes a plate full of tasty green chips.

lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

Proud Army Wife. Support us or get the fuck out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2005 November 19, 23:57:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

soylent sims

Proud Army Wife of a soldier deployed to IRAQ. Support us or get the fuck out.
I am 25.

Quote from: lindaetterlee
The same thing happened with my Pescado, before this he was a lady's man. Now he is some guy's bitch.
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 November 20, 00:30:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We should get a little machine that a sim enters, and out comes a plate full of tasty green chips.

I was thinking along the lines of sushi platters, stuffed mushrooms and antipasto, but that could work.  Tongue

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: