More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 01:08:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  I suppose I should post this here. My world, The Wraithsands.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I suppose I should post this here. My world, The Wraithsands.  (Read 24394 times)
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
Re: I suppose I should post this here. My world, The Wraithsands.
« Reply #25 on: 2010 April 08, 17:50:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lots getting set as graveyards seems to happen with save games for whatever reason. :| At least I assume that's what it is, as they are not graveyards for me.

One thing I'm wondering, has anyone who has tried it noticed sims walking more often than using a car or taxi? Is this just how the game works, sims are forced to use their own vehicles, and if they dont have one...they walk?

The highway gets a LOT of usage, but I also see sims walking the whole length of it all the time.

I had a similar comment about my world as well.  I figured it was because I didn't put in enough sidewalks; just the ones that come with the road, and this caused the walking thing to be more noticeable than in the EA worlds that had sidewalks everywhere.   It's just a theory.  I haven't played with the EA worlds enough lately to make any comparisons. 
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2010 April 08, 18:21:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, with the EA worlds, things are generally in close quarters...but when there's a half hour drive of road between one place and another, I'd think sims would use cars regardless :p

I am actually not even sure NPCs can use taxis...I dont know if I've ever seen them do so.
That Eighties Guy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2010 April 11, 10:39:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've only seen a couple of ghosts walking the highway. (I claim that no taxi will drive them)

Some assembly may be required, but when you're done, it's a prime example of just how different a world can be.
I'm going to play with frenchie a little longer, then try some other family.
friendlyquark
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2010 April 13, 22:39:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been playing it for several more days now and still no big broken bits, so well done. I do think that it is weird that ghosts can have ghost babies, especially since the game tacks on a random death for the kid. Kinda creepy.

I actually like all the walking going on, even if it does take a while to go anywhere.

I am also having fun putting a tomb into the community lot pyramid. Plenty of traps and some treasure to keep my adventurous Sims happy. I was amused that I forgot to turn off the auto roof while building and ended up with a peaked roof sticking out of the pyramid for a while there.

I find the lack of co-workers to befriend for my charismatic sims to be the only real draw back. Am plopping down more created Sims to compensate.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: