More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 10:13:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  New video card
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New video card  (Read 2485 times)
hedgekat
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
New video card
« on: 2009 June 21, 17:30:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been given a new video card but documentation and instructinos were not included.  I need some info and assistance in installing.

The card is GeForce 7300 GT AGP DVI-TV DDR2 512Mb   I was told I had to connect it to the power supply and it also has a cable that I have no idea what it is to connect to.  It has three receptacles. One for the cable, one for the monitor (the 15 prong one?) and I have no idea what the 24+4 receptacle is for. 

My current system is Pentium 4 2800 GHZ with 1500 RAM and a GeForce Mx 420

Anyone out there have the 7300 card who can tell me what to expect from it?  Any problems?
Fat D
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: New video card
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 21, 21:43:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The card is GeForce 7300 GT AGP DVI-TV DDR2 512Mb   I was told I had to connect it to the power supply and it also has a cable that I have no idea what it is to connect to.  It has three receptacles. One for the cable, one for the monitor (the 15 prong one?) and I have no idea what the 24+4 receptacle is for. 
Sounds like a DVI adapter. Might be to connect an old-fashioned or cheap analog VGA monitor to the DVI-I port of the card.

hedgekat
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: New video card
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 24, 18:50:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mainly I was wanting to know if this is a good card for Sims 2.   I have heard a lot of people complain about problems with Nvidia cards in almost all series.   

The card I have, though old, is problem free up to now, even though texture is blurry and a lot of lag on big lots.   I don't want to change to something that works less well.

Anyone have this card and it works great?  Or have had it and it sucked?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: