More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 09:15:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Retreiving a deleted neighborhood?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Retreiving a deleted neighborhood?  (Read 3520 times)
simsproot
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Retreiving a deleted neighborhood?
« on: 2009 June 25, 23:53:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible to do so?  I deleted the wrong neighborhood by mistake and I was wondering if there was any way to resurrect a neighborhood with SimPE or something.
DrNerd
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Retreiving a deleted neighborhood?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 26, 00:08:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you mean that it was a custom neighborhood, and you deleted it, and you had no backup, then no, it's gone for good.  If it was a premade neighborhood, you can reset it by copy/pasting the neighborhood folder from the appropriate Program Files folder to the corresponding My Documents folder, but that'll just reset the neighborhood to its original state, not put it back the way it was when you deleted it.

simsproot
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 26, 00:16:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the help.  Alas, it was a custom neighborhood and I had no backup.
BattyCoda
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 26, 15:25:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you are using Windoze, could it be in the recycle bin? Or, maybe there is a .bak file for it?
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 26, 15:58:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never got .bak files for TS2 hoods.  Also, if you delete the 'hood from within the game, windoze does not send it to the recycle bin.  If you deleted it from windoze explorer, the files are likely in the bin (unless you have some sort of auto-delete or auto-cleanup setting running).

Tribulatio proxima est
nil
Blathering Buffoon

nil is just an orphan and doesn't own anything.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 27, 04:42:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's always advisable to make back-up whether one's playing or experimenting.  The thing is as long as one is anal about the custom game data, they should back up anyway just in case.

Yet, one may a morning-after approach right after such deletion like with recovery software to try to recover the deleted files.
a few major things to consider:

1. the recovery software(s) have to be installed before the event happened or at least installed in an another OS to operate the data recovery process.

2. the game engine might have alreeady overwritten the lost files in question coz the TS2 is an arbitrary monster that can turn read-only attribute in to writable one and overwrite files without prior consent.

3. there is no writing to the HD sector where the data are at by whatever means.

4. try it anyway regardless of a lesser chance.

5. the worst is such data was overwritten and is a mess.  The worse is such files are in an unrecognisable form, supposing one is energetic and patient about recovering it!

Stop staring at me, stop following me, stop stalking me, stop spying on me, stop petting me, stop touching me, stop pressuring on me, STOP!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: