More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 23:04:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Child Only Sprinkler Mod
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Child Only Sprinkler Mod  (Read 11797 times)
Rothchild
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Child Only Sprinkler Mod
« on: 2009 June 22, 13:31:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw several complaints about adults using the sprinkler to much in the AWESOMEMOD! requests thread, so I spent a few seconds and made this XML tweak.  Only children get the 'Play with Sprinkler' option.

* SprinklerChildOnly.rar (2.41 KB - downloaded 511 times.)
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
Re: Child Only Sprinkler Mod
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 22, 13:44:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a way to add adults with a "childish" trait?

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Rothchild
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 22, 14:09:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was hoping that any item that had 'Age Children="True"' would let those with the childish trait use them, but it didn't work like that.  When I looked at the toy box and doll house, they were marked as available for all ages, and I couldn't see anything limiting them to child/childish.  I think 'child's toy' might be a flag on the actual object and not in the XML.
wendylady
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 22, 15:01:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would also say Sims with love outdoor trait would use em. I know several grown men who will happy run and play in them on a hot day, add a football and you have your own muddy field to play in.
Hanlon Razor
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 22, 15:55:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The default setting is for Childish and Loves Outdoors to want it more. But if you ban all adults, this behavior is removed.

Look under the Output section near the end.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<base>
<Interaction name="Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Environment.Sprinkler+PlayWithSprinkler+Definition" />
<Object name="Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Environment.Sprinkler" />
<Current_Tuning>
<Disallow DisallowAutonomous="False" DisallowUserDirected="False" DisallowPlayerSim="False" />
<BaseAvailability>
<Age Children="True" Adults="True" Toddlers="False" Teens="True" Elders="True" />
<MotiveThreshold MotiveThresholdType="None" MotiveThresholdValue="0" MotiveBelowCheck="False" />
<MoodThreshold MoodThresholdType="None" MoodThresholdValue="0" />
<SkillThreshold SkillThresholdType="None" SkillThresholdValue="0" />
<ExcludingTrait type="HatesOutdoors" />
<CareerThreshold CareerThresholdType="Undefined" CareerThresholdValue="0" IncludePastCareers="False" />
<Lot AllowNonGreetedSimsIfObjectOutside="False" AllowNonGreetedSimsIfObjectOutsideUserDirected="True" AllowGreetedSims="True" AllowOnCommunityLots="True" AllowOnAllLots="False" />
<Misc DisallowedIfPregnant="False" DisallowedFromInventory="False" />
</BaseAvailability>
<Check type="All" value="0" />
<Tradeoff name="PlayWithSprinkler">
<Localization autoGenerate="True" />
<Time value="1" addRoute="True" />
<Exit funExit="True" stressExit="False" interruptible="False" />
<RouteLeadIn allowed="True" />
<AskJoinInteraction joinable="True" />
<ScoringFunction alwaysChooseBest="False" name="" specificCommodity="None" />
<ActionTopic name="" ActionTopicUnavailableAfterActionFinishes="False" />
<Output>
<Change type="Fun" advertised="25" locked="False" actual="40" updateType="ContinuousFlow" timeDependsOn="False" updateEvenOnFailure="False" updateAboveAndBelowZero="Either" />
<Change type="TraitChildish" advertised="200" locked="True" actual="200" updateType="ContinuousFlow" timeDependsOn="False" updateEvenOnFailure="True" updateAboveAndBelowZero="Either" />
<Change type="TraitLovesTheOutdoors" advertised="200" locked="True" actual="200" updateType="ContinuousFlow" timeDependsOn="False" updateEvenOnFailure="True" updateAboveAndBelowZero="Either" />
</Output>
</Tradeoff>
<Notes Notes="" />
</Current_Tuning>
</base>
Rothchild
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 22, 16:14:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I could set it to require the trait Childish or Loves the Outdoors, but that would also effect children playing with it.  If there is a 'Child's Toy' flag on the object and I was able to set it, then non-childish adults couldn't turn it on or off.  Since the complaints were about adults playing with it to much, I figured disabling it for all but children was the best solution.  Personally, I'm fine with the default sprinkler, but I always micro-manage my sims so they haven't touched it.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 June 22, 16:37:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a similar thing I made, but it instead targets visitors, because it is NOT APPROPRIATE to take off your clothes at SOMEONE ELSE'S HOUSE and run through their sprinkler!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
wendylady
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 June 22, 16:49:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a similar thing I made, but it instead targets visitors, because it is NOT APPROPRIATE to take off your clothes at SOMEONE ELSE'S HOUSE and run through their sprinkler!

oooo... pass that one on to the rest of us please. As that my only issue with it is random unknowns come and play in my gardens.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 June 22, 16:51:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fat Gwilly People haven't asked.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 June 22, 19:35:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What DBPF File editor are people using?
blackcat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 June 22, 19:48:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use one from Simlogical. This page was very helpful : http://simlogical.com/slforum/index.php?topic=2762

EDIT: Here are:
NoAutonomousSprinkler -no one can use autonomously,
NoVisitorsSprinkler - active household can still use autonomously,
ActiveChildrenOnlySprinkler - only children of the active household can use autonomously.

In first two cases any sim can be directed to use a sprinkler and be asked to join to play without any problem. With ActiveChildrenOnly mod non active children can't use autonomously, but can be asked to join, while other ages can't use at all. Use only one!

This is my first attempt, so if there is anything wrong or not working as it should, please let me know. It did seem to be fairly easy and it worked flawlessly in my game, so I don't expect any problems.

* NoAutonomousSprinkler.package (2.31 KB - downloaded 359 times.)
* NoVisitorsSprinkler.package (2.32 KB - downloaded 325 times.)
* ActiveChildrenOnlySprinkler.package (2.32 KB - downloaded 328 times.)
« Last Edit: 2009 June 25, 08:02:15 by blackcat » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: