More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:43:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Who are you, and why are you my girlfriend?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Who are you, and why are you my girlfriend?  (Read 4554 times)
Silverdrake
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
Who are you, and why are you my girlfriend?
« on: 2009 July 12, 17:55:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I switched to a house that had story progression on, and discovered that my sim had a girlfriend. Which is not an unusual event for story progression, but I thought maybe I'd move the girlfriend in so they could adopt some kids. Called her up and found out my sim barely had a relationship with her! She knew none of her traits, and when she asked about her work, the woman was unemployed (which did not go down well with my ambitious sim). I'd been trying to hook this sim up with Thornton, and she kept refusing because of the girlfriend.

I don't really mind the spontaneous love interest in story mode, now that we can protect certain families from interference, but surely they should have to build a relationship as much as the families we play!  Angry
Shaprepenr
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
Re: Who are you, and why are you my girlfriend?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 12, 21:01:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah. I was really surprised by EA's laziness when working on Story Mode. They made it sound so nice and it IS a breakthrough for The Sims franchise. But God damn it was mostly just smoke and mirrors. For one thing it's a shame Awesomemod exists to do what EA should have done from the beginning. And when I see sims making babies on their own? WTF? Yup. That's EA for you. I really wish Maxis did this one like all the other games. They really screwed this one up. They should fix this while they still can.

Anyways. For your problem: hopefully Awesomemod will fix this in the near futrue. It did  fix the asexual reproduction!  Roll Eyes

•I'm a social--
•--Butterfly?
•No. Watermellon.
•Then socially speaking; I am going to eat you.
Silverdrake
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 12, 22:19:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I can see future enhancements to Storymode, and believe me, I am grateful for awesomemod. I think I would have given up in frustration without it.

We should be able to tweak storymode to account for relationship levels, say which families can or can't reproduce, determine a sim's sexual preference, etc. I guess they meant "bad" surprise when the told us we'd be surprised by storymode actions  Shocked
Silverdrake
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 13, 15:26:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

D'oh! I just found out about IndieStone's story progression mod: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=349344

"Stopped marriages and pregnancies happening straight after new relationships. Sims will date for a reasonable amount of time related to lifespan settings."

But it doesn't work with awesomemod  Sad

Decisions, decisions...

minidoxigirli
Feckless Fool

ESFP- I'm a speshul snowflake

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 13, 15:35:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been using IndieStone for a couple days, and it is a hard tossup between AwesomeMod and IndieStone.  I would phrase it this way- which is more important, story progression being fixed, or everything else being fixed?  Right now for me story progression is more important, so that's what I'm using.

So far, IS has been great- couples that had been engaged since teens and were now elders were finally getting married, all the townies I created are pairing off and having children, and sims are getting promoted in jobs that make sense for them.  However, I do miss all the cheats being gone, including editsim.  There's basic editsim, but it only works on the active sim.  And I forgot about all the whining- sims whine a lot!

My claim to Sims fame?  I was featured as a Sims 2 fan on an MTV show about The Urbz.  I'm badass like that.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: